"Just do gens if the killer is facecamping"

Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Ok, but what if I'm the one on the hook? "Just struggle", yea, but I will still depip and only get very few bloodpoints. So how is that a strategy for me whatsoever? I feel like people who give that kind of advice aren't the ones sitting on the hook with a killer looking at them. It's easy to say "just do gens" or "waste the killers time" when you can actually play the game.

I shouldn't depip because I killer decided to stare at me on the hook and make me die on my first. The killer is still getting more BP for facecamping than I am for hanging on there for whatever how long.

Comments

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124

Yes it sucks if you are the hooked one but a killer is heavily punished if the others do gens. He will not do it again soon.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Do good for the team.

You might lose but the team wins and Killer loses. It's okay. Take the loss/win for the team and move on

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

Yeah exactly my point. The wait is not worth the reward. Like If i was playing with some friends that might be a different story. Even then sometimes depending on how the match is we might just say screw it.

• LeleLP

yeah usually this type of playstyle isn't to gain a lot of BP or pips. Iit's 9/10 just to upset the person on the hook.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

@Marigoria Like I said, it sucks for the hooked Survivor, but it's really all that can be done. Any true anticamping measure the devs can implement would be abused by swf.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

You're complaining but do you have a better idea?

And for the guy that said get better at running, I'm easily the best runner on my swf. This gets me face camped more than anyone else, because if you have a bad enough killer that refuses to drop chase, but who isn't bad enough to get run for 5 gets and 1 door, they are also usually bad enough to camp me after they finally catch me because they're mad. They're mad because I wasted too much of their time. I'm not a toxic player, I don't bm, I just run for as long as I can, but the deck is heavily stacked in the killers favor 1 v 1. Even the best runners in the game cannot run a halfway decent chaser for 5 gets and a door.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

I might have skipped a few things. But all of is saying is that HE wants to have fun, and other should play the way he wants them to play..🙌

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Yep, it sucks. The only advantage you get is simple though... You get to go find a new game in 2 minutes, and you know it won't be against THAT killer... assuming your queue times are decent.

• Marigoria

Me wanting to play the game I put hundreds of dollars into (which i am unable to if I'm sitting on a hook) isn't me telling others to stop camping. Nowhere in my post i said "stop camping". I want to get more BP and not depip tho. I know its easy to regurgitate hot phrases from the forums but at least make sure to read the whole thing before commenting.

• criminal
    criminal Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2021

Devs dont care and killer “ggz”,”ez”

• Marigoria

They're crap at night. Waiting 10+ minutes to sit on the hook for 2.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

I do think that actually camping, like refusing to leave the area of a hooked survivor even when others are not around, should actually penalize bps, to the point where you can get 10s of thousands of negative BP from a match, and that these not only remove your saved bps but can give you a negative bp deficit balance that you need to work off to have bps to spend again. I personally laugh and find great amusement when being face camped as gen after gen pops when Bubba is staring at me, but I get that most people find it annoying, because it's the cheapest form of play.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

I will always struggle to the end if killer facecamps and my team has the wherewithal to recognize that's why I have kindred and rush gens.

I couldn't care less if I pip, I want my team to win and I'm happy to waste a crappy killers time as long as my team uses the time wisely.

Guess I'm selfish.

No not always. Lots of the killers I've seen face camp either do it because they are new or do it because they know that overly altruistic survivors will suicide on the Killers weapon instead of rush gens, making easy 3-4k games.

Rushing gens counters the bulk of facecampers. Will there still be the genuine trolls? Sure, but if survivors didn't rush off to get killed by bubba far fewer players would do it.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I'm glad someone finally laid it out like this because it IS bs and unfun when this happens to you as a survivor. I know killers can claim that sometimes things feel helpless playing as killer what with gen rushing and survivors doing their best to survive but I don't think that compares lol

The only time I feel helpless as a killer? When mean, sweat tryhard SWFs are involved or keys. And both of those things aren't as degrading to a single killer player as it is when you're a survivor and you're forced into dying on your very first hook early in a match and you get like , under 5000 BP.

This stuff happens to me and I've only been playing for a few months now (Purple, rank 5). I have no meta perks for survivors and if anything the most I get use from is Windows of Opportunity to help me last longer in chases and it still happens more often than I'd like that when the killer gets me downed they face camp me and hit me on hook and have to be mean in end game chat like I don't get it at all really. And no I don't T-bag or clicky clicky. Idk maybe they just really don't like me or something.

But regardless I feel you OP, it feels really bad when you get sacrificed and get well under 5000 BP- especially when your other three teammates don't escape off of it and they go down as well.

• Zylance

You basically want the killer to play how you want. Doesn't matter how you formulate it.

I play this game too much, camping isn't anywhere near that big of a problem. Is it boring, yes.. I agree. But you want the killers to change their playstyle into something more convenient for you, that's all I'm stating, and that's all😁

• LeleLP

I would feel more obligated to stay around on hook while getting camped if the whole "team effort" part of the game rewarded me for staying. But since it doesn't then oh well

• Marigoria

you don’t get to dictate what I’m saying or not on my thread. You’re the only one that made that conclusion. I have 4k hours and face camping is not that rare, not even at red ranks.

• Zylance

But your problems is camping. You want them to not camp you, so therefore they would play your way. Didn't mean to start an argue, I just think its silly to complain so much about it👍

• Marigoria
  • JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

Why are you coming at people giving you the correct advice lol.

Like what do you want, people to tell you a secret countering method? Alright fine. DS, BT, DH and a 4 man swf with some toolboxes. You'll never lose again, congrats

• Marigoria
    edited January 2021

which advice did i ask? Is me saying I shouldn’t depip and get no bp for being facecamped me asking for advice?

is someone assuming the meaning of my thread the same as giving me advice? No.

• Babatom
    Babatom Member Posts: 23

This is simply about not rewarding killers for face camping. If the survivor sits through both struggle stages, the others can do 3 gens and it's likely some will escape. Unhooking the survivor for bloodpoints is likely to reward the killer with more hooks (if they have built/selected a killer that excels at camping), which makes face camping a viable strat.

So long as survivors feed themselves to face campers, killers will continue to do it. Some face camp just to try and get a reaction, in which case it's still best to just not reward it and let them have a boring game stood next to a hook.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

Dude you don't even know what you posted you were so mad lol.

Like on one hand yeah our community looks bad because of the rage posts, but at a point the devs gotta ask themselves if maybe they could be handling the game a little better

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

Well yeah obviously don't waste your time on teams that aren't being teams. I'll absolutely suicide on hook if I see my team rushing over to donate blood. It's not worth anyone's time and that includes mine.

Thing is when every other blue moon comes by and my team does gens? Most cases the killer leaves after 2 gens pop. Lots of killers do it because they are lazy and want the survivors to come to them. Is it all of them? No of course not, but I think people would be surprised how often it works.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Doesn't change the issue for the person hooked. It's also not the player's job to fix gameplay flaws. Hooking is problematic and boring. And the game punishes the player who gets camped to a long and boring death, where they even have to button smash for a full hook stage.

Besides that, the main reason why camping isn't popular lies more in the fact, that it's boring for both sides. Yeah and can be challenging or rewarding for the Killer, if the remaining survivor go for a safe, but even then the interaction is highly limited by it's defensive style. I wuld argue that Killers mostly don't camp for the same reason some survivors search for the chase instead of doing gens. It's more interesting, exciting and has more variety in playstyle.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

If I get downed by Leatherface before I have a chance to do a single thing in the game and then he decides to use Insidious to bait others to me then you better believe I’m going to leave to match immediately. I’m not going to spend any length of time being a trash killer’s butt monkey for next to no bloodpoints. Eff that!

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Everybody who died should get a significant bloodpoint bonus package for each player that escapes, awarded next time you're in the main menus just like the event gifts. This would give survivors incentive to not die on hook to give their team better odds to survive. Maybe 10k, 15k, or 20k bloodpoints depending on how many people escaped

• Marigoria

I know exactly what i posted, and so do 99% of the people commenting here. This isn't a rage post. This is a post about rewarding players who get facecamped, because they get no BP or PIP for reasons out of their control. Please use your brain.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

You just dont see the bigger picture. Killers camp because it works.

By just doing gens and struggle as hard as you can, its not worth the killers time.

Now, if everyone would start playing that way, it would be some weeks, and killers would adept, because camping would not work anymore.

But since people

a)hooksuicide, freeing the killer to move to the next survivor, or

b) hookrush, giving the killer multiple downs, while no gen is done, or

c) just do whatever, but no gens

it becomes a good strategy for the killer.

• Marigoria

Most killers who facecamp dont carea bout BP or depiping, they do it to troll, so how is it not worth it for them?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I dont think so. I do camp as a killer, but mostly if i am matched against way better players than myself, because its the only way i have to keep up, and i know they come to me.

Has nothing to do with trolling, it has to do with the fact that it works, and up to 3 players come running to you, and even hooktrading so you get your hooks even though you are basicly outmatched (thats why you try to avoid chases you cant win, and this way, you do)

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

Imagine being told to play another game if you criticize a different game they'll tell you the same thing, it's like.. what? Like how are we supposed to make any sense of that if a game's different dev team tell you that. Imagine saying that to the players as well, devs are admitting that they won't fix it because they're lazy or they can't find ways to put a potential fix.

"Just play another game"

Me: "Okay I will", 1 hour later of playing a different game and you say something like "hey guys you might have to look at this bug."

Them: "No it's fine it way it is, if you're gonna complain play a different game!"

You're pretty much admitting defeat right there if as a developer you're not giving the chance to try and fix things, sure they take some time but they should go out their way to actually consider feedback and not nitpick a few questions like they did with the QnA.

As for the facecamping that's one of the most annoying tactics, it might be funny for you as a killer to try it out, but not for the rest of the survivors, if anything they should make an invisible wall like 3 feet apart or something on the survivor that's hooked so they can't just farm them. Not one of my perfect ideas but there could be something better.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

It may be a good stategy to “win”, but if camping causes everybody to suicide, especially in cases where the killer is merely using them as bait, then ultimately that has to wind up being unsatisfying for the killer. But then, I’m going under the assumption that these people are of sound mind and many of them probably aren’t. Some people are easily amused I guess but personally I’d get bored and find a different game to play. If everybody used the same strategy to combat these kinds of killers (not talking about my strategy specifically, but ANY strategy) maybe something would work. I don’t know. I play solo so really my thoughts for the team is purely secondary. All I know is I’m not going to put up with it if I can’t get anything out of it.