Guys, what is this game of 2 mins and 26 seconds?

Options

Comments

• nameisloop
    nameisloop Member Posts: 1
    Options

Yes, how they played was pretty ######### and unfair, but at the same time you’re playing ruin undying Freddy. You are now probably going to assume I’m an entitled survivor main, but I’m rank 1 on both sides and have my hours pretty split between the two (and if anything more hours on killer). This counter-less and extremely boring game is more or less the killer equivalent of going against a ruin undying Freddy. This is why when I’m in a 4 man swf, we don’t do this, and when I play killer, I don’t run ruin undying.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

Games like these - on both sides - are just not fun. When most of us are waiting in the matchmaking queue for 10+ minutes, we want to actually get to play and enjoy the game, not find ourselves in and out of a match and back in another 10+ minute queue in less than five minutes.

This is why I wish our concept of "win" conditions were different. If the focus was more on accruing bloodpoints and enjoying the game, and less about sacrifice/escape, I think we'd all be a lot happier.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

My favorite part of this video is watching freddy set up vs trapper. Yeah, put traps literally everywhere. No downside!

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

You had ruin but you continued long chases away from your gens. They had free reign to sit on gens because you didn't pressure. You noticed the gens going fast but didn't worry. I think you could have changed the outcome but you decided the match was over. What if you camped the 1st person as rebellion for the gens going fast and then you downed more when they tried to rescue? Or if you sat on 3 gens? So many variables can affect matches and so one video doesn't show survivors are too strong or killers are weak.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,289
    Options

While yes, that game would of been very hard and I mean VERY hard to win, there was still a chance. But you made some mistakes which made yourself dig a deeper hole.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

The objective is to escape or kill, how you get there doesn't ultimately matter. The game doesn't care that you got there via an accelerated path. You can escape without doing a single generator, you can kill without a single hook. I just don't see while you're trying to draw a distinction between the two.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

The Emblem system punishes a killer who insta downs and kills survivors. The lesser hooks and hits, the more likely he wont pip.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231
    Options

Seems like someone doesn't have enough game delay perks smh

• Tsulan
    Options
  • Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Corrupt might have helped a teenie tiny bit, adding maybe 20-30 seconds to the overall match length.

• Tsulan
    Options

Yeah, the time it would have taken them to run to different gens.

All the gen slowdown perks need a overhaul/massive buff. None is really good at what they are supposed to do.

• Slashstreetboy
    Options

This only holds true for most matches. There are Killers with certain loadouts that have an edge even over strong teams, Spirit with Yakuyoke+MDR with Ruin/Undying/x/x for example. Now that I think about it, that´s propably the only loadout that´s left that has a significant advantage over a good team.

• Tsulan
    Options

The biggest problem is, that the game isn´t balanced around SWF. Because for whatever reason, the devs treat it as if no one would play SWF.

The game was never designed with all the information or coordination in mind, a SWF team could reach.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Equal preparations is the key word. If a Killer brings strong add-ons and an ebony mori while the Survivors bring nothing at all, those players didn't prepare equally for the match. Surely there are certain loadout that are strong than others but as Killer, having to rely on them to become somewhat even with the Survivors power is a bit ridiculous.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

Well, he did okay, no glaring fails. Not the best at mind games and he definately didn't use his snares effectively. But you gotta bring your A game to beat a SWF with 4 new part toolboxes.

• A_Survivor_Main_BTW
    Options

just apply pressure

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

All you people saying this means the game is broken... You're wrong. If these guys went against a better, more prepared killer, it woulda been an even match. They ran that about as effectively as possible, but on-point killers can make SWF groups look like beginners. Just because this is one of the better teams out there doesn't mean they can't be beaten

• Slashstreetboy
    Options

Even the best Killer in the world using the best possible loadout would barely stand a chance against this. This vid doesn´t prove the game is broken, but it shows that there are pretty broken combos still remaining in the game.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

Verse a coordinated team - nobody cares about ruin undying. So you’re down 2 perks. BBQ didn’t help you and franklins gave you no value. It sucks. Kind of how survivors feel who aren’t in a swf vs. killers running ruin undying noed etc etc

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    edited January 2021
    Options

This killer is a very good player with 4400 hours, he's been playing the game since the release, also he is playing one of the best killers in the game, with 3 meta perks. As you can see he also performed mindgames at every loop, and used his power effectively (snares and tp). Still, 3 gens popped in 70 seconds. Total game length: 2:26. There is no excuse. Just a broken game.

• Nyzechu
    Nyzechu Member Posts: 14
    Options

thats honestly disgusting. :( they had fun with that?

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    edited January 2021
    Options

The game won't ever be balanced because of things like this. Why are red addons in the game? Why are you able to bring in a medkit which basically gives you a 5th perk? Why are you able to bring in an exhaustion addon* that nullifies dead hard? Why can you facecamp?

The devs don't want this game to be balanced, they consider it more like Super Smash Bros - it's just a silly party game. Sure enough complaining and they'll change something (moris, keys). But the very nature of the item and addon system makes the game impossible to balance.

@edgarpoop said it best "It's a ranked pvp game with Uno mechanics. Why?"

Like smash, it's up to the community to balance the game, and we're not going to agree on anything.

Post edited by lucid4444 on
  • EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

First off, that’s not an argument. Secondly, as I said, a strong SWF doesn’t give a ######### about ruin, undying and (lol) BBQ. That’s why you hear people say “ruin and undying is ok. How to beat it? Just stick on separate gens.”

a) I don’t think he teleported once

b) he spammed snares for no reason, wasted time

c) total game length was longer than 2:26, clip shown was also clipped

d) Did not rotate. Hit survivor, chase survivor. What could the other 3 survivors with toolboxes possibly be doing?

Get a hit. Assess - are they in a strong or weak area? Do you know the tile and feel you can outplay it quickly or no? Time management. SWF or not, it’s poor time management to stay on one survivor where they can loop for another 30-40 seconds. Win or lose, you have to do that. Then we can talk

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2021
    Options

I don't see anything wrong in the match. The items they brought and perks were extremely strong, and it makes sense they repaired gens at that speed rate. All I am saying is the math is right and working as intended.

Also, that Claudette in the beginning bought them enough time that on a "normal" match (You know... where you don't have survivors bringing strong items) you could afford to overcommit to a chase. In this case you can't afford to. She easily made you waste 60 seconds ( I counted) without you even attempting to pressure other gens, because you can watch your own stream clip and see that the gens you are continuing to walk by aren't the ones being worked on.

RNG was not on your side for not knowing they had strong items, but at the same time you did see all survivors bringing toolboxes from the lobby, so right there it should have been an indicator that you might have to pressure generators mid-chase. Especially when you have a killer who can literally teleport.

I just think it's a bit silly that you have to post a match where the survivors actually bring strong gen-focused builds, to promote "Gen speeds are bad".... when in reality, had they not brought those toolboxes, they would have probably struggled with your Ruin/Undying combo. A combination that is just as strong, if the survivors aren't gen-focused.

• CJCA915
    CJCA915 Member Posts: 56
    Options

And that's why I run Corrupt, Pop and a slowdown add-on on Freddy 😎

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,240
    Options

Hooks tell story of the game. They're good indicator for how good the killer is.

Kills tell the results of the game. They're win condition.

I really hope their MMR and Future ranking system for killer is becomes more accurate reflected of this. The story of this game is that the player had no chance to win. The result is that he lost and the survivor's won. 3 hooks is nothing more than formality. its just the number of messes up the survivor is allowed to do before the game says your dead.

As i said, Freddy can't compete at highest level. so the result is not too surprising. makes you wonder why they think killers like Freddy needs negative changes when stuff like that is the game. Killer can be such a unfun experience. who knows if they'll ever balance SWF with their gen speeds.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited January 2021
    Options

He was also playing against survivor that ran into him as billy but I guess its rare to have survivors run into the killer (looking At you meg heads out there)

Never seen those

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

The equivalent would be complaining about an Iri head Huntress with old Ebony mori wiping teams. Powerful items change the tide of the match for both sides

• Tsulan
    Options

Moris got nerfed and iri heads are already on the rework list.

Meanwhile, this situation seems acceptable...

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

Its mindblowing how many people use a anecdotal situation as if it means anything. The things that can be gathered are that:

1) Ruin Undying won't save you if you're completely braindead. You have to at least have a squishy brain to remember to pressure gens some and remember "Oh yeah I can teleport".

2) It is a bad idea to waste time spamming snares aimlessly. If you're that type of person you need corrupt.

3) BNP is busted. Yes, I don't think anyone disagrees it should be changed or removed.

That's it. The biggest takeaway from this is don't play like that guy. The second is that BNP should be removed or tweaked again.

• Slashstreetboy
    Options

I´ll add that synergies for fast gens are busted as well and need looking at. They done it to slowdown already with the ruin, pop and thana changes but the other side of the spectrum is just as nuts if not worse.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Heres the problem a lot of people dont want to talk about

You can still beat a top tier nurse player.

You can still beat a top tier freddy player.

You can not beat an optimized swf.

You can complain and say *But killers do well, they have broken builds too* but ultimately its line up goes like this.

Bad killers will beat bad survivors.

Great killers can beat average survivors

Amazing killers can beat good survivors.

Top tier killers can beat amazing survivors.

But

Good killers usually lose to good survivors

Great killers usually lose to great survivors

Amazing killers usually lose to amazing survivors.

Top tier/optimized killers will always lose to top tier/optimized survivors

• MasonOliver123
    MasonOliver123 Member Posts: 255
    Options

Bet the team will still nerf freddy, still nerf ruin and undying and leave DS alone, I'm not wrong, am I ?

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    edited January 2021
    Options

1 game to try to demonstrate that survivors are OP.

Survivors can also bring 1 game where the killer kills all 4 in less than 5 minutes, it wouldn't prove anything.

You know guys, there are stats, stats made out of hundreds of thousands games, showing that in red rank, there is a 70% kill rate for killers.

It has been like this for 2 years now, all high skilled killer mains that actually know how to be good at the game complain about how ez it is to get 3K permanently.

Period.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

It is a game of 2 minutes and 26 seconds

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

Eh, I can't agree with this. Why? Because one of the main arguments I've heard on dev streams when survivors make a complaint about something are statements like, "well, then you should have been running X perk." The only way a team of survivors could cover most/all bases with perks would be if they were a team coordinating in chat. The fact that devs' answer to complaints is that someone should have been running x perk tells me they want/expect survivors to be able to coordinate perks before a match.

And a lot of SWF doesn't even go into that level of coordination - a lot of SWF is just four friends playing together, using whatever perks they like.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Its entirely acceptable. He saw 4 survivors in lobby with toolboxes. If you saw that, would you go Trapper or Freddy? That should have been a HUGE clue to this killer that they were SWF and planning to gen-rush, he did not pick up on it. He teleported once and that was only near the final gens being done. And then posts the thread b/c he feels this shouldn't be allowed. The first gen done was at 0:25 mark in the video. No alarms went off in this guy's head. The second gen done came at 0:51 mark in the video. Still laughing, still joking around with his chat, not realizing the situation, still tunneling the injured Claudette. And then people defend him by saying, he's a great killer main and has 4400+ hours in the game, a 2m26 second game is still ridiculous. Yea well that doesn't mean anything when the guy has no situational awareness.

He tunneled 1 survivor for 3 gens, realized too late what happened, lost, and then made a thread about it trying to point fingers and say this is ridiculous. Nah.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

" If you saw that, would you go Trapper or Freddy?"

You'd go with whatever killer you're locked into because you can't change in the lobby.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    edited January 2021
    Options

I mean you're missing the point, but ok.

So then re-que if you're aware enough and realize 'maybe this killer isn't going to deal with this situation the best' or you just don't want to deal with SWF gen-rushing.

This guy had absolutely no awareness prior to the match, or even during the match. He could have prevented this game from being 2m 26, he played badly and got penalized for it, then decided it couldn't have been his fault and made a thread here.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

Yeah, for sure.

He played badly because the game became unwinnable less than a minute in.

• Tsulan
    Options

As i said, the game wasn´t designed with SWF in mind. With all the power it has.

Otherwise we would already have inbuild voice chat.