edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

From Facebook (obviously).

Thoughts?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

Moving every back down to the same area is already a huge improvement. The only thing that stands out is that the new survivor icons do look out of place, but for now I more care about where everything thing is.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Yeah im not sure best thing we can do is provide feedback on it id much rather it stay compact but i do agree id rather the portraits be horizontal vs vertical.

• MonsterInMyMind
    Options

It's a start still room for improvement i just like its more compact and not all over the screen.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

This gives me hope.

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144
    Options

This is better but there is still room for improvement. When the survivor is on the hook, its hard to see the hook timer. Please use another colour other than red to display it, its really hard to see. Same with the Exhaust timer symbol. I prefer the old left to right display of survivors but I have to say I don't think this new look make my eyes strained to the point I can't play the game, but we will see when the patch comes out.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

Most important information, the survivors and their status, need to be more visible then the killers power and their addons. And horizontal would be better to save room

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178
    Options

Where is that post where someone from the community made player icons that were better than what BHVR did? It looked gritty but updated, hard to explain if someone knows what post that is in??!

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144
    Options

Step in the right direction is what the majority would think. Left to right potrait display is what I would like. Option to toggle up to down or left to right survivor display would be nice.

• johnnyman
    johnnyman Member Posts: 5
    Options

New hud is absolutely trash. Behaviours what the 1uck?

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

This is a good point. They do seem overly reliant on the color red for damn near everything.

• johnnyman
    johnnyman Member Posts: 5
    Options

Return the old HUD

• Hyp3R
    Hyp3R Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2021
    Options
    1. Item/power icon is way too big.
    2. Hook counter and gen counter is not properly sized/aligned, it just hurts.
    3. I still don't like the fact that obsession icon is so close to player nicknames. It has to be changed completely, the obsession icon just doesn't fit the new "style".
    4. I really don't like the font used for player names, italics just look bad.
    5. That weird injured icon needs to go, it's totally bonkers and doesn't match other state-icons.
    6. Character portraits should really be replaced with the Adept challange ones. They don't match the rest of the UI.

Overall it's still a combination of different styles which is just a mess. It makes it look like an experimental indie game, not a full-fledged product.

Step in a good direction when it comes to the UI layout, it's way better positioned than before, but the UI itself is still garbage and needs attention.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    edited February 2021
    Options

For reference: https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1360284634274291712

First off, yes. This is a world better than what we have currently, and I can give a genuine thank you for listening to the feedback. It's much much closer to what I would consider an "ideal" HUD, where the bottom left and right once again have the critical information. Seriously, this is much better. That being said, I have one further feedback I'd like to see changed, and one thing that we don't see if it moved that I hope did.

First and foremost, the vertical survivor portraits is still kind of awkward and takes up a lot of space. If they got moved back to the bottom and made horizontal like before, but keeping the new icons and systems, I think it would be completely ideal, saving space and making it a perfect blend between the old and the new...as is it's a little too spaced out for my liking. I could learn to live with the new setup, but I would definitely prefer them going back to the bottom and made horizontal purely from a screen clutter perspective.

Second, the WIP image doesn't show where the scoring events are...I'm hoping that if things go to live as we see them, they got moved down at the very least, they're out in space currently. However, if the portraits go back to where they were, then the scoring events can return to where they used to be as well, where they're still more likely to be noticed but temporary and not otherwise cluttering the screen.

Edit: Third thing I keep forgetting about until it's a problem - the red on red status effect icons need to be something else, the colorblind community (myself included) are unable to use the information in its current state.

Those two things aside, this is leagues better than what we have currently, and thank you for being willing to make the changes we've seen so far. I am very happy with the progress on the HUD and I think these last couple things would make it as good as it could be.

• MonsterInMyMind
    Options

OH SNAP now this looks badass i wish there was a way to pin a comment this deserves attention.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited February 2021
    Options

Better minus the vertical portraits that is still annoying. If I watch out for survivors/the killer I don't want icons of survivors blocking my view.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

Bhvr, the positioning is very important and I’m glad you got that from the negative feedback. Unfortunately, moving around a very badly designed HUD doesn’t make the very badly designed HUD any less bad.

you really need to start with the actual design first, then move that around.

the foundation of this HUD design is busted.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

It's better, but it's still a mobile UI. I don't want to sound contrarian. So, I recognize the effort, even if I don't like the result.

We gave them feedback that the new UI was too spread out and the new info could be condensed in the old layout. Now, instead of cluttering all around the edges of the screen, it clutters the left 1/3rd of it.

Again, definitely an improvement, but I hope they don't just try to stick to a different layout just to prove a point that the HUD rework was worth it.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    edited February 2021
    Options

Still bad, less bad though, surv portraits just don't stand out enough compared to the old colours on white, vertical portraits are just worse and take up more space, this also doesn't address the fact status notifications are too hard to see as they're tiny and hidden in the top right, you can't see your exhaustion meter very well as the red on red colours are too similar, item/addons are too big - no point having scaling when some things are too small and others are too large, individual elements need to be scaled for this to have any decent purpose, also no custom icons ingame really does suck but far from the worst of the issues

• NickChinchill
    NickChinchill Member Posts: 68
    Options

I'm with you on this. Only thing I'd change in the pic would be to put the Hook counter next to Gens since it's an Objective (or removing it entirely, I don't feel like Killers need it tbh).

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 104
    Options

A WIP screenshot of the new HUD has just been released on Twitter, and it looks a lot better. Having everything back in the bottom left makes so much of a difference, even if the vertical stacking is a bit weird still. I only really have two suggestions for changes:

1. Make the generator icon a little bit bigger. It just looks so small compared to the hook counter that it's bugging me.
    2. Replace the character portraits with the adept achievement artwork. The current portraits just look so out of place. The adept artwork is in the exact same art style as the rest of the HUD and would just look better.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new survivor side will look. Really hoping something is changed about the thickness of the hook progress bar so I can better see how much time my teammates have left before hitting struggle.

• jcl_z
    jcl_z Member Posts: 35
    Options

I'm betting they are going to have additional info next to the new survivor portraits and this is why they are stacked vertically and not next to each other.

• Scrubbag
    Scrubbag Member Posts: 7
    Options

This is a step in the right direction. The killer power and add ons don't need to be bigger than the gens remaining and having the survivors vertical rather than horizontal feels like it takes up more space than it should. I'd definitely take this immediately over the current hud though.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698
    Options

Thank you for actually trying to do your job. Much appreciated as well

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    edited February 2021
    Options

I would also like to see bigger bars for bleed out, borrowed time status and such. Sometimes its hard to see if I'm about to bleed out on my own timer since its so tiny. That's what I really, really want. Otherwise, the new hud looks MUCH better. Thank you. (Note: Same for hook timer! Bigger bar to know if someone is about to die because the current bar disappears yet some people are still alive for another 5 seconds. It would be nice to tell exactly if I should try to continue a rescue or just scramble)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

not yet perfect, but MUCH better than the current one!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Mark this one as answer please. This is how the hud should look like!