Hot Take: 360's are not necessary. They are a stupid gimmick.

Options

@ me. The new update essentially brought us back to square one before 4.5.0 because most of you are so friggin whiny. I actually enjoyed some of the new animations and didn't want anymore twitchy, unnatural survivor movement to drop frames and screw hits that should land. I'm not talking about Dsync that was awful. But now I don't even feel a difference with the movement at all. You might as well uproot and remove all the other things. I was hoping this would force survivors to learn how to use pallets and loop rather than going stealth the entire game, or being so upset that they got caught within the first minute of the game just so they can DC on hook. BHVR can't even even make a change let alone go in a direction they want because this forum can't accept change without providing good feedback. Like we can't keep the animations and have to sacrifice them for better turning transition? If that's the case then screw 360's, they're not natural. Killer was enjoyable but now we're back to instant killer queues and long survivor queues. 2 steps forward, 5 steps back. This is incredible.

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Finally, someone who does understand the true meaning of the game.

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126
    Options

@Jarol i know im not alone, but together we can flourish this evil!

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

@chadbeastofprey the killers you listed with maybe the exception of huntress are somewhat oppressive killers, those are their problems. Most people DC against them within the first 2 minutes. You forgot freddy as well. Anybody who plays killer who claims to like the original survivor movement before the changes doesn't play killer (Dsync not included). Nice try though.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

When I go for 360s as survivor, it succeeds about half the time, and this is in red ranks.

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243
    Options

dude people say this all the time but it didn't change at all I didn't win more or lose more during this whole update and I only played killer.

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

@danielmaster87 thank you, someone with some truth in this cold, cruel world. lmfao 😂😂

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

@panernaners Right!

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

@TattooJake Hot take I didn't get easier hits because movements were jank, i got easier hits because of Dsync. You quote the post but i still think you didn't read it! I play survivor too it was awful! But it would be nice for survivors to learn to use pallets rather than complaining about not being able to flick their mouse in a spinny circle again! are you happy you can flick your mouse in the spinny circle again and not direct focus on accepting change? KEKW 🤣

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I think you tagged the wrong person lol

I mean,i agree that the removal of super twitchy survivor movement was very nice as killer but i feel like it's a needed gimmick in the game,because it's one of the few fun things survivors can do and it raises their skill ceiling a bit.

Not really sure what awful matchmaking has to do with 360s though.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437
    Options

it doesn't matter if they're oppressive or not? and you don't dodge freddy's power like how you dodge the listed killers' powers??? you're not too bright. :/

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

@chadbeastofprey ................... it doesn't matter if killers are oppressive or not? What? Yeah, ok. You want to talk about about bright but I'll pass on whatever you're smoking.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021
    Options

not the full spins, but the ability to fake direction and make snap turns in some spots really does make the difference once in a while and it felt pretty awful having that changed coupled with the awful 5 dollar foot longs. If the hits weren't messed up, I would have gotten used to the new movement. But the bad hits just made it so that if the movement stayed the same, even after the hits were fixed, I would never have been able to play this game again because it would just killed any potential dopamine from it. They're gonna need to wait a month or two before screwing with the movement too much again unless survivor queues are back to 10 to 20 minutes now? in which case losing a bunch isn'tg onna hurt I reckon I unno.

• entitysbreakfast
    edited February 2021
    Options

@jdcabral Ok and? People lost their mind because they had to relearn the feel for the game, no one likes change. I agree with you that survivor gameplay is dull. But I think that's because there is little to no depth or mechanics for survivor and the more experienced players. But 360's is not an intended in-game mechanic or feature. It's just an exploit from horrendous and wonky movement. If more survivors learned how to be efficient and if matchmaking were ideally good then solo queue would so much fun. But I see on here that instead of accepting change they complained as if that their only option of surviving was to spin their mouse or camera wheel was taken away, rather than learning to use a pallet. The movement can be improved upon, but because so many people are so appalled to change, it's like the initial changes are being reverted. Which means all that time and resources that were used are wasted when they could have been put towards something else, like, adding more and better in-game mechanics and depth for survivor maybe?

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU 3000! Oh my god. Finally, you get it.

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

@thrawn3054 I take it you like exploitable and twitchy movement and can't stand change and improvements to the fidelity of the game?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

is something else there that u can potentially use and it works at times against average/bad killers and especially console killers , so is something else you can try if u have no other thing to get soem extra seconds or even a pallet or window... so it should be back.-

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

it may be worthless against normal killers but nurse gets screwed over by it hard.

• entitysbreakfast
    Options

360's are not an intended game mechanic. Some are but most could have be improved upon.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

Just stop in place when they start swerving wait .5 seconds step forward and quick attack...

Killer is grossly underpowered and the queues prove it. But 360s are not why. With the other animation gave us killers much larger hitboxes to target, that's why it feels bad now.

• HungTop
    HungTop Member Posts: 46
    Options

uh oh someone got spun and is upset

• danielmaster87
    Options

Or it's because 360s are just that overpowered. You have to expect it. You don't just assume they're gonna 360 if they haven't done it once yet. It's funny. That's how most OP survivor things are: half their power lies in the killer not knowing you have it.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

LOL in this topic you can tell who the console players are. They're all complaining about 360s.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021
    Options

what's funny is that guy thought the jankiness would make survivors NOT go super stealth. good chid. that makes me wonder whether or not they're even being serious though. since the logical assumptionw ould be if they had trouble being chased, and mechanics got even worse, that they would figure out how to hide even better instead. that's what I planned to do if the whole 'killer placement' thing hadn't happened and I was still gonna have trouble in chases. I was just gonna start rolling fixate, start using spine chill again, and start playing more stealthy with maybe stakeout or something to push gens faster to make up for creeping around a little extra. I was considering urban evasion too,a nd testing if I could get fixate speed with it or not. If you can't beat em join em. the poor prick would never have seen me tilla tbag at a gate or the hatch if the combo had worked too

• danielmaster87
    Options

Maybe you're just bad at doing them. I know I am, but that didn't stop me from spinning killers on numerous occasions.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

It sure screws me up as Legion sometimes.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

They are terrible and bad for the game but this is just evidence as to how far the company will go to appease whiny entitled survivors, scrapping months of animation work and downgrading their game to the PS2 era just so survivors can cheese the awful animation to be granted another second chance.

I’m surprised they didnt go the usual route of making it a perk

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@chadbeastofprey

I played survivor the past 2 weeks and I had no issues, neither did a friend of mine. We were able to adapt pretty quickly and hold out well in a chase.

Perhaps people who struggled just needed to adapt and get good?