Killers using exploit to make survivors get 0 bp and lose items.

purebalance
purebalance Member Posts: 661
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Killer DC'd after 1 gen was finished. Already pissed that I had Brand New Part on one gen and two people come to do the gen with me and fail not 1, not 2, but 3 skill checks basically negating it. One of the two is clearly trolling as I literally had to lose him as if he was the killer and then get back to the gen that's at 10% down from the 75% I had it and killer dc's when I'm back to 80%. Ok that's fine. Irritating but fine except I look and I also lost my item. No Franklins or anything much less never saw the killer. Bull where's my item much less add ons that are consumed need to be refunded on killer dc.

Post edited by purebalance on

Comments

• purebalance
    edited September 2018

@fcc2014 said:
    The part was already used. If you used all of your toolbox that would also be gone.

It wasn't. That's the main point. The killer dc'd and I had over half the toolbox left with the other add on. Anything consumable should be returned to the people who didn't dc upon a dc.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

@HellDescent said:
    Then you can imagine how killers feel when survivors dc and you lose bbq stacks, offerings and addons

Except that isn't how it happens. I play killer more and you do not lose nearly as much than as a survivor and in this case even more so. I guess I can claim WGLF stacks since you're claiming BBQ and like survivors don't use offerings.....

You mean those add-ons that killers always lose no matter what(without a ward), that BBQ stacks they will never now get, and all the points from hooking, hitting, chasing, and sacrificing that Survivor? Sure, Killers don't lose anywhere near as much as Survivors on a DC....

And you can't claim WGLF stacks because you can get those from literally any other Survivor.
  • purebalance

Except you can't get them on DCs. Bullshit just happened again where killer got mad he couldn't use billy right and I lost a rainbow map.

Crying about the fact that killers are designed to lose their add ons due to the nature of them and their bloodweb vs survivors losing them items and add ons on certain dc's just proves you're biased and bad at the game. Cry more about something that is irrelevant to the conversation. Saying killers lose XXXXX is like saying it sucks that you're poor, but my dog threw up on my lap today.

• purebalance

@HellDescent said:

@purebalance said:

@HellDescent said:
    Then you can imagine how killers feel when survivors dc and you lose bbq stacks, offerings and addons

Except that isn't how it happens. I play killer more and you do not lose nearly as much than as a survivor and in this case even more so. I guess I can claim WGLF stacks since you're claiming BBQ and like survivors don't use offerings.....

Killers dc more then survivors? Really? And I didn't know that wglf functions the same way as bbq... I better look out for that killer's aura next time I get a stack.

He SPECIFICALLY said stacks. Another baddie showing true colors.

• purebalance

Oh and survivors are now getting the 2x depip as if they dc'd when the killers basically finding ways to forcibly dc everyone.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Oh and survivors are now getting the 2x depip as if they dc'd when the killers basically finding ways to forcibly dc everyone.

Is this happening a lot? 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    purebalance said:

Is this happening a lot? 

It happens on console, not for PC.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Visionmaker said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    purebalance said:

Is this happening a lot? 

It's rare but it does happen and it's stupid.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@powerbats said:

@Visionmaker said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    purebalance said:

Is this happening a lot? 

It's rare but it does happen and it's stupid.

I mean you should think it's a good thing, seeing as how you believe survivors should be able to DC to make sure the killer loses out.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@yeet said:

I mean you should think it's a good thing, seeing as how you believe survivors should be able to DC to make sure the killer loses out.

Hmmn let me show you the truth since you want to completely ignore it and lie again. Here's exactly what I said BOLDED

@powerbats said:
    Now before you get the pitchfork out I don't agree with the dc but I understand it.

Don't you just hate saying something you know is completely untrue when the evidence was so clearly in front of you?

I mean that wasn't even like a month or more ago but less than 2 hours ago and you clearly referenced what I'd said in that post in a follow up post.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Visionmaker said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    purebalance said:

Is this happening a lot? 

If the killer quits the game, the emblems will show it as a depip but if you look closely at the "rank progress" it will say 0. Also, it shows yours rank lower on the scoreboard but when you exit the lobby to the menu your rank will be what it was before the game started.

If the killer DC's and you lose rank then it was a DC on your end not theirs. That's the only time I've lost rank from a DC is because the connection spiked and I'm the only one to get booted from the game. And no it's not my connection, this sort of thing only happens if I stay in a game with red ping, hence why I avoid those lobbies whenever I can.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

Disconnecting requires punishment or it will continue to be abused. Like anything, kids push boundaries until they learn there are consequences. When there are no consequences, you have chaos. Welcome to DBD.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Visionmaker said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    purebalance said:

Is this happening a lot? 

If the killer quits the game, the emblems will show it as a depip but if you look closely at the "rank progress" it will say 0. Also, it shows yours rank lower on the scoreboard but when you exit the lobby to the menu your rank will be what it was before the game started.

If the killer DC's and you lose rank then it was a DC on your end not theirs. That's the only time I've lost rank from a DC is because the connection spiked and I'm the only one to get booted from the game. And no it's not my connection, this sort of thing only happens if I stay in a game with red ping, hence why I avoid those lobbies whenever I can.

You play on console?
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Visionmaker said:
    You play on console?

Yes, on Xbox. The end game results are not accurate to the actual impact on your rank.

• purebalance
    edited October 2018

@thesuicidefox said:

@Visionmaker said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    purebalance said:

Is this happening a lot? 

No I literally just had 2 games in a row today that are what you're talking about. I got my points and kept the item I found and it looked like I didn't get a pip but I did.

The case I mentioned earlier is something specific certain killers are doing that forces the survivors to dc in addition to them. So basically nobody gets points and everyone loses 2 pips. It just so happens that every time it happened the killer was frustrated? Bull. It was them doing something the devs are unaware of being possible.

• purebalance

Since they want to ignore this is in the bug forum I guess I'll keep this thread active too.

2 months of killers dc'ing and survivors losing their items, losing 2 pips, and getting 0 BP for the match.

Just literally had a match where I did 2.5 gens solo and healed 2 people and was about to escape and got 0 points. Fix this #########.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@HellDescent said:

Why does it always have to be a pissing contest if someone has an issue it's always "but the killer waa waa waa" or "But the survivor waaa waaa waaaa" Simple fact is, killer DCs 4 survivors lose out on things, one survivors Dips the killer can play an albeit easier match.

• purebalance

@SenzuDuck said:

@HellDescent said:

Why does it always have to be a pissing contest if someone has an issue it's always "but the killer waa waa waa" or "But the survivor waaa waaa waaaa" Simple fact is, killer DCs 4 survivors lose out on things, one survivors Dips the killer can play an albeit easier match.

This isn't even remotely close to what happens to killers. As a killer you still get points towards the sacrifice emblem and you get points if a survivor dc's and you still have 3 others to get points from. It's still not even close to all 4 dc'ing which the odds of that are slim unless you're lagswitching in which case you deserve it. This is 1-4 survivors getting nothing because a killer is using an exploit.

I'm at the point of trying to find out how to do it and just doing it every game until they not only fix it but refund me the 2 million blood points I've lost to this exploit at this point.

• Seanzu
    edited October 2018

@purebalance said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@HellDescent said:

This isn't even remotely close to what happens to killers. As a killer you still get points towards the sacrifice emblem and you get points if a survivor dc's and you still have 3 others to get points from. It's still not even close to all 4 dc'ing which the odds of that are slim unless you're lagswitching in which case you deserve it. This is 1-4 survivors getting nothing because a killer is using an exploit.

I'm at the point of trying to find out how to do it and just doing it every game until they not only fix it but refund me the 2 million blood points I've lost to this exploit at this point.

Exactly, but the people who like to act as if every match is 4-man swf claudette fflashlight insta heal ds team will adamantly stand by the one survivor dcing is even remotely close to a killer dcing.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited October 2018

Killer's disconnect - survivor might lose offerings or addins, but they all get to continue to a fresh game.

Survivor Disconnects - everybody still in the game is now in a tainted game and has to finish the damn thing or get penalized as well.

Don't act like the killer disconnecting is a bigger deal for even a moment.

• Seanzu

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Killer's disconnect - survivor might lose offerings or addins, but they all get to continue to a fresh game.

Survivor Disconnects - everybody still in the game is now in a tainted game and has to finish the damn thing or get penalized as well.

Killer DC nukes the entire match of four people, four peoples offerings and the time spent waiting in a lobby is for nothing.

Survivor DCs - everyone still gets to earn points and some survivors might even escape.

yea ok buddy, killer dcing is definitely more preferred.

• FrenziedRoach

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Killer DC nukes the entire match of four people, four peoples offerings and the time spent waiting in a lobby is for nothing.

Survivor DCs - everyone still gets to earn points and some survivors might even escape.

As a survivor, I'd rather a killer Ragequit and let me cash in the points I got rather than dealing with being a man short for the rest of the game. Thus, that's my mindset.

Killer who quits screws himself more in the end because he wasted his offering, all his points, and loses 3 pips. Survivors still get to keep their points, don't lose rank, and get a new game right away.

Survivors leaving screws their remaining teammates of a competitive game. Every moment a survivor is alive is a moment the killer has to worry about their hands on a generator. every person not in the game is pressure off the killer. They screw their team more than a killer ragequitting.

So objectively - yes, it's worse for everybody involved when a survivor quits. Only person who really benefits from it is the killer who gets free points and less hands on generators.

• purebalance

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

As a survivor, I'd rather a killer Ragequit and let me cash in the points I got rather than dealing with being a man short for the rest of the game. Thus, that's my mindset.

Killer who quits screws himself more in the end because he wasted his offering, all his points, and loses 3 pips. Survivors still get to keep their points, don't lose rank, and get a new game right away.

Survivors leaving screws their remaining teammates of a competitive game. Every moment a survivor is alive is a moment the killer has to worry about their hands on a generator. every person not in the game is pressure off the killer. They screw their team more than a killer ragequitting.

So objectively - yes, it's worse for everybody involved when a survivor quits. Only person who really benefits from it is the killer who gets free points and less hands on generators.

That isn't what's happening and you don't get it. Killers have found a way to dc where the survivors lose their items, get 0 bp and lose 2 pips(sometimes). Objectively it IS NOT worse when a survivor quits because 0 bp and lost item vs 600 bp and you can still get the other 3.

• FrenziedRoach
    edited October 2018

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

That isn't what's happening and you don't get it. Killers have found a way to dc where the survivors lose their items, get 0 bp and lose 2 pips(sometimes). Objectively it IS NOT worse when a survivor quits because 0 bp and lost item vs 600 bp and you can still get the other 3.

Well, good luck getting that fixed, because survivors still have a way to disconnect from the game without losing their item and leaving a duplicate in the game. XD

• purebalance
    edited October 2018

@FrenziedRoach said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Well, good luck getting that fixed, because survivors still have a way to disconnect from the game without losing their item and leaving a duplicate in the game. XD

Actually they've essentially fixed that. I DC if a camper downs me and you do lose your item just if you have another item similar you can keep your add on to it. Stop acting like this is not an issue.

I plan on finding out how they're doing it and I will do it nonstop until it's fixed.

0 BP, 2 depip, and lost item for 4 people is nowhere near the same as a survivor dc'ing.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@purebalance said:
    Killer DC'd after 1 gen was finished. Already pissed that I had Brand New Part on one gen and two people come to do the gen with me and fail not 1, not 2, but 3 skill checks basically negating it. One of the two is clearly trolling as I literally had to lose him as if he was the killer and then get back to the gen that's at 10% down from the 75% I had it and killer dc's when I'm back to 80%. Ok that's fine. Irritating but fine except I look and I also lost my item. No Franklins or anything much less never saw the killer. Bull where's my item much less add ons that are consumed need to be refunded on killer dc.

Now imagine playing killer and losing your addons EVERYTIME the survivors DC

• purebalance

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

Killers get more blood points per match. Imagine getting less blood points per match oh wait. Even still once again losing your add ons doesn't compare to this so stop talking you've already been proven wrong.

• FrenziedRoach

You guys are so fixated on how the killer screws you, you're blind to how much more the survivor disconnecting screws you.....

Frankly the penalties for EVERYBODY disconnecting needs to be much harsher. On that, I can get behind 100%

• Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96
    Stop crying about items. If we dc it is for a reason unlike how survivors dc which is for any reason. 
  • Seanzu

@Just_Meh said:
    Stop crying about items. If we dc it is for a reason unlike how survivors dc which is for any reason. 

Killers and Survivors both DC for some stupid crap, I can almost guarantee everyone in this thread (except you ofcourse) will agree on this.

• Seanzu
    edited October 2018

-Duplicate-

• DeadByFlashlight

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

Killers get more blood points per match. Imagine getting less blood points per match oh wait. Even still once again losing your add ons doesn't compare to this so stop talking you've already been proven wrong.

Proven wrong? Hoe?  I can't see a single argument :lol:

As I said,  survivor keep their items and killers always lose their addons

But gobahead and cry more maybe the devs take action then such that we can get proper dc punishment and survivors are not able to dc every 2nd game anymore 
  • DeadByFlashlight

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Actually they've essentially fixed that. I DC if a camper downs me and you do lose your item just if you have another item similar you can keep your add on to it. Stop acting like this is not an issue.

I plan on finding out how they're doing it and I will do it nonstop until it's fixed.

0 BP, 2 depip, and lost item for 4 people is nowhere near the same as a survivor dc'ing.

You just gotta love the DBD community. Always a pleasure to see that guys like you play the game

• purebalance

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

You just gotta love the DBD community. Always a pleasure to see that guys like you play the game

Why because the devs have been blatantly ignoring this for 2 months? At this point the only way they'll listen is if it becomes more widespread.

I just had it happen to me twice again today. Lost 2 green toolboxes and event offerings. If they're going to stay silent, I'll make it a plague until they're forced to do or say something. I guess the sit ins and protests that blocked streets during the civil rights movement was also a bad idea right? The devs are ######### up by leaving this in and the only way to make them act is to enlarge it.

• DeadByFlashlight

@purebalance said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Why because the devs have been blatantly ignoring this for 2 months? At this point the only way they'll listen is if it becomes more widespread.

I just had it happen to me twice again today. Lost 2 green toolboxes and event offerings. If they're going to stay silent, I'll make it a plague until they're forced to do or say something. I guess the sit ins and protests that blocked streets during the civil rights movement was also a bad idea right? The devs are [BAD WORD] up by leaving this in and the only way to make them act is to enlarge it.

So we agree that DCing needs to be punished hard?

How about an increasing queue time punishment?

First DC 5 min, 2nd 10, 3rd 15, 4th 30.

• purebalance

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    purebalance said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

Proven wrong? Hoe?  I can't see a single argument :lol:

As I said,  survivor keep their items and killers always lose their addons

But gobahead and cry more maybe the devs take action then such that we can get proper dc punishment and survivors are not able to dc every 2nd game anymore 

Are you still talking and STILL keep spouting the same argument that's been dismantled.

SURVIVORS. KEEP. ITEMS. BECAUSE. KILLERS. GET. MORE. BP

Stop spouting that nonsense. Cry more about your made up issues when there is a real issue jackass.

• purebalance

@Just_Meh said:

"Crying about items"= losing items, losing 2 pips, and getting 0 BP in a match that I should have gotten 40k?

• purebalance
    edited October 2018

Another 2 tonight. Killer spends an hour chasing a guy while we do gens and he gets DS'd and oh look killer forces the group to DC and we lose items, offerings, two pips, and no blood points.

Still absolutely not word from the devs

At this point I'm due about 3 mil in compensation.

• purebalance
    edited November 2018

This is still happening months later and still ZERO response from you devs. Just depipped 2 lost a green item with green add ons and my offering and blood points again because a killer rage quit.

It's not just a certain platform either. It's PC as well because I've seen it happen to both Tru3ta1ent and HybridPanda.

Like any of us that this has been done to are due about 5 mil bp at this point.

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2018

@purebalance the fact u openly admited to rage quit DCing renders every arguement about a killer DCing invalid i have never willingly DCed as killer or survivor and never will but not only are u crying about killers DCing then u go ahead and say you do it too ur just as bad any person who rage quit DCs should be heavily punished

• purebalance

@Purr said:
    @purebalance the fact u openly admited to rage quit DCing renders every arguement about a killer DCing invalid i have never willingly DCed as killer or survivor and never will but not only are u crying about killers DCing then u go ahead and say you do it too ur just as bad any person who rage quit DCs should be heavily punished

So it's ok for killers to use an exploit because I allegedly dc?

Read the ######### thread before you open your mouth. They are breaking the game and making the survivors dc which loses items, 2 pips, bloodpoints, and offerings. I threatened that I'd find out how to do it if they don't fix it. Go somewhere else with your nonsense because a survivor dc'ing or a killer dc'ing THE RIGHT WAY is not even remotely the same as this.

• purebalance

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

I just had it happen to me twice again today. Lost 2 green toolboxes and event offerings. If they're going to stay silent, I'll make it a plague until they're forced to do or say something. I guess the sit ins and protests that blocked streets during the civil rights movement was also a bad idea right? The devs are [BAD WORD] up by leaving this in and the only way to make them act is to enlarge it.

So we agree that DCing needs to be punished hard?

How about an increasing queue time punishment?

First DC 5 min, 2nd 10, 3rd 15, 4th 30.

No, using this exploit needs to be punished. A survivor dc's a killer at least gets 625 points. A killer dc's survivors keep their points they got and their items. A killer uses this exploit and presumably keeps their points and pips or at a minimum keeps their add ons and survivors lose all bp they got, 2 pips, items, etc.

Normal dc's are already overly punished. 0 bp and lose 2 pips. The lose 2 pips needs to go though because that isn't fair for lower ranks that you can keep dc'ing and go to a lower MMR(it's MMR not rank).

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83

@purebalance said:

@Purr said:

Read the [BAD WORD] thread before you open your mouth. They are breaking the game and making the survivors dc which loses items, 2 pips, bloodpoints, and offerings. I threatened that I'd find out how to do it if they don't fix it. Go somewhere else with your nonsense because a survivor dc'ing or a killer dc'ing THE RIGHT WAY is not even remotely the same as this.

thats not what i said i said no one should DC ever and anyone who does should be heavily punished KILLERS AND SURVIVORS ALIKE if the match is that bad afk as killer or suicide on hook as survivor if u DC ur literaly worse trash then the issue on other side there is never a reason to DC NEVER

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

you still use brand new part? That thing is useless.

• purebalance

@Purr said:

@purebalance said:

@Purr said:

Read the [BAD WORD] thread before you open your mouth. They are breaking the game and making the survivors dc which loses items, 2 pips, bloodpoints, and offerings. I threatened that I'd find out how to do it if they don't fix it. Go somewhere else with your nonsense because a survivor dc'ing or a killer dc'ing THE RIGHT WAY is not even remotely the same as this.

thats not what i said i said no one should DC ever and anyone who does should be heavily punished KILLERS AND SURVIVORS ALIKE if the match is that bad afk as killer or suicide on hook as survivor if u DC ur literaly worse trash then the issue on other side there is never a reason to DC NEVER

Once again you're still not getting it. The killers are exploiting. There are punishments in place for DC'ing. These people are exploiting it to LITERALLY punish the people they dc'd from which I'm assuming it's abusing the peer to peer to make it like all 4 survivors dc. You're trying to say nobody can complain about this exploit if they ever dc. You literally said that.