The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A perk which breaks breakables

REL1_C
REL1_C Member Posts: 619
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have designed a perk called "Materialize", it doesn't exactly "break" the wall but rather makes it disappear and reappear. Here is the description.

Materialize

After a generator is completed, gain a token. Each token can remove a breakable wall. The wall is replaced after 5/4/3 seconds. If the wall closes as your walking through, you will take a health state.

Pros

• You can take a breakable wall down for 5/4/3 seconds.
  • If you do it early when the killer is coming, the killer will have to break it.
  • Taking 1 health state will give you a speed boost

Cons

• The perk can put you into the dying state
  • If you have 1 token and it's one of the "midwich schools" breakable walls, you'll be stuck until there is another gen which pops.
  • The perk has a small duration.

Comments

• canakavian
    canakavian Member Posts: 25

I think it should be slightly different.

Breaking a wall takes 6 seconds. (killers take long, survivors should take longer)

It makes an explosion noise when broken for the killer (like missed skill checks)

After breaking the wall you suffer the broken status effect for 90/75/60 seconds. (killers need several hits to break it with kicks, so survivors would exert them even more and thus suffer from the brokem effect)

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I think the OP meant for this to be like a portal through walls that killer didn't break ealier. Making it take 6 seconds to even do that wouldn't be beneficial. Unless this idea would be changed entirely.