NOED is so Infuriating

Options

Comments

• DeadByName
    DeadByName Member Posts: 9
    Options

If you did carry your team, then you probably got 2 points towards rank. So what's the problem?

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165
    Options

@Dragonshensi

DC is so infuriating.. why would you need an extra chance?

Loopers are so infuriating.. they take advantage of map flaws and intend to waste time (not to escape, but waste killer time).. some killers can avoid this, others don't..

Gen rush.. etc.. etc.. etc..

By NOED you get down in one hit instead of 2.. that doesn't kill necessarily you..

It works mainly on survivors that are banking on an extra hit to boost their speed or save someone..

I think you already know this, but in this game deception and not knowing the opponent perks gives it an extra excitement push..

So NOED is just as bad as other perks are..

So many are infuriating when you fall into them.. but at the same time those perks are just a waste if they never get to activate..

My advise to you is.. prepare for it..

• bigmike99s
    bigmike99s Member Posts: 8
    Options
  • offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172
    Options

The only thing I'd like to see changed about NOED is when it activates I wish the survivors would get notified, not when the first one gets downed. I run NOED occasionally, but it's usually after I've dealt with a bully squad or two. I'm less concerned with getting the downs after the 5th gen than I am in getting the survivors to just leave. NOED will do this most of the time. Half the time I've run it, the game never gets to the end anyway and it's a 3 perk game.

I don't find NOED near as annoying when playing survivor as I do Dead Hard when playing killer. It's so funny in chat when survivors lose their ######### over NOED when they're all running meta builds.

• Rogueyboi117
    Rogueyboi117 Member Posts: 27
    Options

NOED actually sucks, lmao

You toss away an ENTIRE PERK basically saying you plan to lose, totems easy to find, I've had situations where I actually have missed out on kills due to NOED, when people see it instead of trying to go rescue/find bones they just leave where as if I hadn't had NOED they'd maybe try to be altruistic and go for the rescue and I can capitalize on it.

Know what's actually infuriating? A survivor running DS doing a gen in your face cuz they know they're safe even after you just chased and hooked another survivor, or how about you are mid chase you are about to down someone and they open hatch with a key and hop in?

• Rogueyboi117
    Rogueyboi117 Member Posts: 27
    Options

And just to show non bias here's something actually bullshit killers have, iri head is dumb and needs to be removed, literally any exhaustion add one are dumb.

Those are infuriating NOED is garbage perk.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444
    Options

1 strong surv 3 weak survs... A killer doenst have to chase you if he wishes not to and in this scenario the pig was in the right.

It is basic logic that if you spot a stronger opponent and there are weaker opponents avaliable. You go for the weak.

Especially in the case of pig.. Where you want to get downs so your power has a chance to slow the game down.

If you took aggro. And our as good as looping as you say you say then taking aggro would be hella good especially when people. Are going down tona pig.. Those hats are her main pressure.. When they gone the pig loses hella pressure. Sure the game would be longer.

If you had taken aggro ny bodyblocking after the first 3 downs you know for a fact that you are most ofnthe time the last hat. Piggy chases you. So what if you go down. Its not about how long you can last.. If you can last at least what 60 seconds that's enough time for the megs to reset potentially clear 1 or 2 hats. Meaning at least when it comes to your hook you should have 1 meg on a gen 1 meg clearing the hat which pig will most likely go for. And one on a gen.

Now sure your traps gonna be active after so yourll need to clear it but as long as those megs between the 3 of them last til you clear the hat.

Even with noed in play you could have 1 or 2 survivors escape.

If you hate totems take d hunch.. And a map unless the killer for a weird reason has 3rd seal your have every totem location.

Anyways reflect on what you said you can't tunnel 3 at once.

You can only tunnel one person so yeah.

• Weeb_H_Toast
    Weeb_H_Toast Member Posts: 195
    Options

Cleanup, Cleanup,

Everybody, Everywhere,

Cleanup, Cleanup,

Everyperk, Do your share!

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

You had a good match but didn't escape why not just enjoy it.

NOED is only an issue if it undermines your expectation to escape. The counter is cleanse bones, play very carefully if its up and realise that you may die and that's really not a huge deal.

Anything goes till game end.

If I run the killer all game and then get downed due to NOED I just sit back and say well I did my best.

9 times out of 10 all NOED does is shorten the end of an already forgone conclusion of a game, you either lost it and get one kill, or you've won it and only need one down to finish it off.

Its only a really bad team that all get eaten in endgame by NOED trying to save that one person on hook turning a 3 escape into a 4K.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

NOED is definitely annoying to face, but in your specific situation, you were screwed either way. If you're the last survivor and the killer has already closed the hatch, the odds are definitely against you, and you definitely need stealth on your side if you want to open the door and escape. But once you are found with the hatch already closed, that's essentially game over. In most situations though, all NOED signals to me, is that all bets are off and I'm dipping out as soon as those gates open.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    Options

I don't know, maybe it helps you find totems for inner strength.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

yeah noed is really frustrating after the killer hits you with it and them camps you and your teammates cant find the totem and none of them have borrowed time. noed is a bit rarer at purple/red ranks but if you are playing green ranks or lower, 80% of your killers will have noed

• swager21
    Options

small game is very killer dependent, for example if its a plague the perk is trash. theres totem hunting perks that are a lot better like: inner strenght, detectives hunch, etc. sure they are perks from licensed characters but just wait till it appears in the shrine

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    Options

I'm well aware, I prefer small game over detectives hunch because I can find totems much quicker. I combine this with inner strength to get full value. Small game counter hag, trapper and hex totems, trapper is the killer which I hate going against the most simply because I can't loop freely. So that's why I run small game.

• swager21
    Options

wait small game works against hag traps? anyway i think detectives hunch is still better cuz it shows you every totem and it also shows you generators.

• Rybe
    Rybe Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2021
    Options

This dude's example is garbage but NOED is indeed infuriating.

What I see 90% of the time is someone gets hooked right around the last gen popping, then the killer just face camps. And suddenly, unless your team is 100% ######### or the killer gets a terrible totem spawn (love when a totem lights up right next to me) they get at LEAST a 2k instead of a 0k since you won't know NOED is active till you go down...

Blah blah do totems sure. But it's a huge waste of time most matches. And I've seen some TRULY disgusting spawns. Or it can spawn near the killer who is just going to protect it is they don't have brain worms.

If you got debuffed as soon as the totem lit up, I'd probably have 0 beefs with the perk. It just sucks to punish altruism so severely.

It's not the #SHEER POWER OPness of the perk that's the issue. It's the un-fun-ness. Like OoO. And yes I play plenty of killer too...

Post edited by Rybe on
  • AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

You could just leave when the killer is face camping at the end... Take the 3E and the win and move on.

• GatoIsBored
    GatoIsBored Member Posts: 6
    Options

I can vouch for that. Small game also counters freddy, and I just found out that it even tells you the fake pallets, that freddy implements. I run it with inner strength, and it works wonders for me.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,111
    Options

I actually agree with your sentiments, which is why I am choosy with who I will take aggro for. If my teammate was a really good team player and looped the killer for multiple gens, I would be fine dying in order to secure their escape. You can usually tell if they're going to be selfish in the end and one of the big indicators is if they're console, since 9 times out of 10, they always leave me to die, even if I am slugged.

If I see that they're just moon walking and trying for flashlight saves throughout the whole match and not even attempt to do gens, I leave them to rot.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

2021 and the threads of the noed still exist lol

• Rybe
    Rybe Member Posts: 44
    Options

My point is you don't know about the NOED until a second person is down in my scenario. Hence why I would be fine with the perk if you knew once it activate, not only AFTER you go for the save... And the killer pretty much secures their 2k

Though I have had 3 mans just leave me to die first hook because I guess they didn't want to find out if there's NOED... Which is cool of them...

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

If you dont know that there is NOED, and thers are 3 of you if you go for the save right away and the killer is facecamping you can crawl away and get picked up because they wont leave the hook. The 2nd person who is not trying to heal the slug can go for the unhook if killer tries to defend the slug.

I had a match last night 4 survivors left all gens done 1 steve on the hook. Claudette opened the gate and left other gate 99'd i was slugged 30m from hook sitting on hatch. Elodie picked me up we went for unhook i went down time ran out for Steve. Killer tried to go for elodie for the 3k she looped him and got out and i crawled all the way back to hatch and got out. This was done solo q with noed active.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Always expect NOED< always do the bones.

If it's in play, get the ######### out and don't feed the killer any more kills.

• Dwightslocker
    Dwightslocker Member Posts: 21
    Options

I try to avoid doing that if possible as killer (unless of like rift challenges like the hillbillys down 4 survivors with the chainsaw where its smart to kind of camp hooks to a degree) but i like a bit more of a challenge so like to try and evenly go from one survivor to the other.

ive only been heavy playing this game for the last few months so i think the highest my killer rank has ever been is 14 and my survivor rank is 9. Im a hideously average at best player and feel like i could probably get more kills if i ran noed but i dont see the fun in it so refuse to play it as the fun in killer for me is the chase and testing my abilities.

Noed to me is like rewarding bad killers for bad gameplay. Of course it doesnt always play out that way and by the end of the game it doesnt make an ounce of difference like in the ops description of his game.

There is nothing i hate more as a survivor is seeing a a game where the killers doing not too bad but gens are getting done. You get the last gen done then all of a sudden its insta downs all round. Sucks the fun out of the end game for me personally.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,103
    edited March 2021
    Options

Technically noed only activate if there is a dull totem on the map. I'm still waiting on a counter for the amount of totems left on the map. If you run detective hunch,map or even small game,you can get rid of any hexes known in the game.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    Options

I just laugh. Sometimes I fall out of my chair is its used with an insta-down Killer. Should have done bones or you know escaped through the door.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

Sometimes you just don't have time to find and cleanse all totems (especially against good killers).

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

NOED is for garbage killers. There is no legitimate defense of the perk.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

After reading through your reply, I don't think my comment is the one you meant to quote. Please consider checking your post.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Why? Because you say so?

With that kind of rhetoric, I could name literally any perk and just declare it to be so.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Iron will is for garbage survivors. There is no legitimate defense of the perk

• Xyex
    Xyex Member Posts: 140
    Options

You were the last Survivor, only 4 gens we're done, and the hatch was closed. NOED did absolutely nothing except save you both 30 seconds of unnecessary chasing in a match you already lost.

Stop whining because you can't win every game.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options
  • CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Survivors that fall for NOED are garbage survivors. You know it exists and is a possibility. So why didn’t you try to deactivate it by cleansing totems? Because you’re lazy, and impatient and garbage, that’s why.

• DrJohn
    DrJohn Member Posts: 223
    Options

The pig outplayed your team and then found the hatch first. They didn't need to outplay you to win. Noed really didn't matter in this situation. Unless you had opened one of the exit gates and downed you there, there really wasn't any other way the match would have gone.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    Options

I have to be honest the annoying part of this recap is the tunneling, not the NoEd. I feel all perks are fine. By contrast playing toxic is a choice that is cheap and lazy and just ruins it for everyone. Bringing perks is playing the game as intended. I run small game and make a concerted effort to get totems. NoEd is rarely an issue.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    Options

Yes but the perk no mither is called no mither.

Why am I still moaning with this perk?

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

Pfft that's funny.

Because you like it?

I dunno, I ain't a dev don't complain about an actual bug to me; we're talking about how you think NOED is OP.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    Options

It's not a bug, just what the perk is. Up to 50% reduced moaning.

Was just making the point that perk names aren't intuitive of what they actually do.

I don't think noed is OP. I do think it's unhealthy for low elo though. Just my opinion.

• zacattak48
    zacattak48 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Door spawns have always been rng, there is no lately they have been close together.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

If hatch was closed and she was chasing you and you were the only survivor, I don't think you could have even escaped in the first place so how does this make NOED an issue?

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    edited March 2021
    Options

Look man, if you held off well in a chase healthy to the point where Pig would give up on you, and using your post as context for this situation you could've been a team player and took a hit for your teammate. If Pig did go after you then I'm fairly certain you can loop her for awhile in the injured state like you would when you were in the healthy state.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452
    Options

Sorry OP, but you really sound entitled. "I did a lot of work, I DESERVE to escape".

No, you don't.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444
    Options

Ajh sorry buddy here's some em imaginary compensation because I'm broke Sadge

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

Adrenaline sucks too. Chase somebody, nearly down them to suddenly have them heal and get an extended speed burst.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

If the increase speed last forever and you would need 3 hits to put a surv in the dying state then it would be as good as noed

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Only.if I can light 5 candles around the map and take it completely out of the match