NOED is so Infuriating

Options
124»

Comments

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I agree that noed is infuriating and should be changed to feel less ######### for the survivors, but as everyone else has already said, the outcome of your match was not affected by noted at all. If you wanted to be chased a little longer in the endgame I get that, but you were going to die either way.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

The outcome may not have changed but it seems like overkill when it’s just a 1v1 scenario.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options
  • swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

isnt every inconvenience frustrating?

im not tryna bully you with this but ill give you some tips how to counter those things that you mentioned:

bt- dont tunnel the person off the hook, instead go for the savior

loopers- if the chase seems to be increasingly unwinnable, leave them and go patrol generators

genrush- try to have greater map pressure

dc- yeah there isnt anything to be done about that

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

You are incorrect. I actually have made posts about fixing the totem system in such a way that totems become a primary objective. What I am not a fan of is a singular perk which has such a high time risk/reward setup and then rewards bad killers for doing nothing.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

Obviously the logic part escapes you. If survivors counter the perk as NOED advocates describe, then the perk does give killers 3++ minutes of free time.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

I don’t need to prove anything. Everybody knows that for killers who go against rank 1 survivors, NOED is not in their builds unless they want to lose. It’s a game patch the devs leave in because mid-tier killers are not as good as mid-tier survivors. NOED is the answer to bad killer’s skill level.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

"Rewards bad killers for doing nothing"

You keep on using that line. Yet, when I asked why you felt this way about NOED, but not about ds, ub, kindred or any other survivor perk that is activated by them losing one or more chases, you remain silent. If NOED rewards bad killers (which is your opinion, not a fact, and one you have been completely unable to back up with any actual evidence) than ds and UB reward bad survivors, and kindred rewards the whole team for each bad survivor.

Yes, If you want to stop the hex from ever activating, it takes some small amount of work. Since you are literally taking a perk completely out of the match, it should take work.

• AsherFrost
    Options

Why? According to your own post the killer was so good he kept you off his totems. Why shouldn't he get the benefits of that defense?

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Can we all just say it’s a crutch perk at least? And admit that DS is a crutch perk too to be fair?

• AsherFrost
    Options

If that really is the case, as you continue to claim without any evidence, then the time commitment to stop the perk from activating shouldn't be an issue. You don't need to gennrush against killers who aren't at the same skill level as your team. The only time every second in a match matters like that for survivors is when they are facing a killer good enough to keep pressure on all 4 people. (Though I am glad you stepped away from the ridiculous claim it took as much as 5 minutes, when it clearly doesn't.) Against a mediocre killer, there just isn't a reason each Survivor can't take 30 seconds to go clean 1 totem each, and then you've only got 1 dull left.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Oh the killer have decent perks also that is so sad to hear.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

First off, it’s not “some small amount of work”, it’s a minimum of two gens worth of time. That’s not a matter of debate, and it doesn’t matter how many survivors are looking, the time cost is the same. Basically NOED asks survivors to waste two gens worth of time minimum without offering any type of incentive to do so. They are just supposed to waste this time every freaking game without reward in order to prevent a bad killer from becoming viable.

Second, DS and UB are perks designed for anti-tunneling, and anti-slugging. UB requires zero effort to counter, you just hook them. DS is a little trickier, but only if they are also running UB. Regardless, neither perk allows survivors an unlimited speed increase for the remainder of the game. Anyone complaining about kindred may need to check in to a hook campers anonymous group.

In my many thousands of hours of play, Killer’s who run NOED rarely get more than 1 kill before all the gens are done. Most of the time they don’t even get that. They typically do not know how to apply map pressure at all, and spend the whole game failing at chases while the gens pop. They don’t have to get any better because their whole plan is to finally win chases when they get their speed increase.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

I didn’t step away from the 5 minute time frame. I simply stated the minimum time commitment to be two gens which is 160 seconds, 2-1/2 minutes. Unless of course you do what most survivors who are better do, and just wait till it activates and then cleanse it.

• AsherFrost
    edited March 2021
    Options

"It takes 2 gens time"

Said like someone who truly can't think in terms outside of rushing gens.

Imagine people running end game perks not trying particularly hard to avoid the end game, lol. What's next people with traps trying to lead you to them? That's your entire argument for the killer being bad, that he isn't trying to avoid a phase he knows will help him out if you don't remove the single totem as soon as it lights up? Why should a killer with any end game build do more in the middle than farm points? He wants you to finish the gens and not think about totems, you fall into that trap, and it makes him bad? Comical.

• AsherFrost
    Options

So you worked out that the longer time commitment is only to completely stop the perk from being able to activate at all, which again is something you can't do with any other perk. You can wait and just clean it like every other hex, or spend a bit more time in the mid game and deny it from ever activating at all. That right there is the balance. If you think the killer may not be working particularly hard to keep the gens off, he's probably running an end game build, which likely includes NOED, so plan accordingly.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

Like I said, it’s for killers who aren’t good enough to get the kills before the endgame. It’s a game patch for the skill patch. The devs have not been able to figure out what to do to fix the game, so they leave NOED in.

• AsherFrost
    Options

That right there is a logical fallacy. You assume every killer has to get kills prior to end game to be "good". We both know that there are many end game perks, and several builds around those. None of them require kills before the endgame, because reaching the endgame is the point. It's like boxing. When mayweather starts the first round and throws few punches, just staying huddled, it's not because he suddenly became a bad boxer, it's because he's not one to try and end a fight early. He plays the later rounds to his advantage instead.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited March 2021
    Options

I’m in red ranks. I go up against rank 1 killers all of the time. I still run into NOED on a regular basis, so without you backing up your words with substance rather than opinion, I can only surmise that your assertion is nothing more than pure BS.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

All the other end game perks require the killer to do something. NOED does not. An experienced killer will realize that being stronger for a full game is better than being stronger for the 20 seconds it takes to open an exit gate. This is why NOED is weak. Because the “end game” that NOED killers refer to is as short as 20 seconds. Why would anyone who wants to win sacrifice a perk slot for 20 seconds of endgame? Good killers don’t.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

I do the same, and NOED shows up maybe once in a hundred matches against an actual red rank. I can’t remember the last time I saw it with a rank 1 killer. There is a big skill gap between a rank 4, and a rank 1.

• AsherFrost
    Options

NOED requires exactly as much action as ruin. As far as why killers like end game builds? The ones I know who run them do it specifically for the extra challenge of shutting down 4 survivors at the gate, they get bored playing the same gen defense every game, and like to switch it up. Like I said earlier it's not for me, I just don't feel myself so superior as to claim I know the one true way to play killer.

Some players like to go for kills early, some like to wait until the end and remove all hope. NOED serves the latter crowd, and consistently upsets survivors who feel like 5 gens should promise a full escape. You see the killer breaking off chases and think it's because he's bad. I see a killer keeping survivors occupied and learning their patterns before he goes in for the kill. A bad killer can't do much in the end game. A better one can make the end game the most exciting part of the whole match. You can keep on claiming you know the only correct way for a killer to think and strategize, the rest of us will enjoy the cornucopia of tactics that is dbd in higher ranks.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Just cleanse totems. It is not rocket science.

• CountVampyr
    edited March 2021
    Options

I’ve seen it a lot. Contrary to what you believe, when you’re rank 1 having NOED in their kit doesn’t assure a loss, it guarantees a win. Somebody with those skills doesn’t need 4 active perks to slaughter most groups. They can get by with 3.

• JediWithASniper
    Options

You can say you’ve seen it a lot, but rank 1’s and 2’s don’t run with it hardly ever. 3’s and 4’s occasionally.

• AsherFrost
    edited March 2021
    Options

6 pages. Time for a summary

"NOED doesn't require the killer to do anything to activate"

-85% of perks on both sides work like that. Items are activated, perks can be passive buffs.

"Only bad killers use NOED"

-Citation needed. So far there has been equal anecdotal evidence provided for and against. In general the claim that only a bad player uses any specific item or perk is a fallacy, as the wide spectrum of playstyles and meme builds will never die out

"Cleaning totems takes too long/is too hard when being pressured by the killer"

-18 seconds with 0 skill checks. Most are located near generators, once you learn the maps you no longer need any of the items or perks that exist to find totems for you, you'll know each spot to check. At the end, you literally removed a perk from the match. Nothing else in this game works that way. The absolute closest killers have is Franklin's, which only removes an item if you win a chase first, and nobody simply walks by and picks it up off the ground after you've won that chase and made the Survivor drop it.

"There's no skill needed to use NOED"

-like what, the skill of hitting a qte that is always the same button for everything? Maybe y'all haven't noticed, but no perk on either side takes any particular amazing skill to use. They range from passives that are always active, passives that become active based on actions of the other team, and actives which take a single button press to use. The only item that takes any skill is the flashlight, and that's negated if you wait until the killer is stuck in an animation. The skill isn't in activating the perk, it's in what you do after it has been activated. As one person pointed out, end game can last as little as 25 seconds. That's a very small amount of time to capitalize on NOED as the killer, and you may have the totem broken even sooner. Skilled players will take advantage of those seconds, unskilled players will not be able to do much even with the added buff of the hex.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

My whole point of the post was not about NOED being bad or whatever. Just I think it’s a bit overkill to have it activate when there is only one person left.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options
  • CountVampyr
    Options

It entirely depends upon how obsessed they are with keeping their rank 1 status, and apparently there are plenty like that. NOED is an insurance policy of sorts for the more paranoid players. You keep saying they don’t, but they do. They’re out there.

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165
    Options

@swager21 thanks for the pointers..

Here's one on NOED, clean the totems, if you see facecamping don't go solo for the save..

BT, it's a great strategy knowing that BT exists and that you will lose points if the unhooked one heals.. BUT from killer point and thinking on being more effective .. (here's the irony) it works only if you are actually tunneling.. this way you hit the savior before it saves and continue the chase after the save, letting the unhooked one go.. here's what usually happens to me.. I hook, go to nearest gens to patrol.. BUT before I lost sight of the hooked one someone is already on for the save, so I return and hook whichever makes more sense... if the unhooked is already there then I go for the weakest link..

Loopers, I like to play at red rank with my not so skilled killers, and when I run into red rank swf there will be at least 2-3 good loopers with meta perks just taunting the killer (with the intention of make you lose time while other fix gens).. now, with my nurse & spirit, nightmare, its no problem.. but with my clown, Oni, plague it's more difficult.. which I would not mind aside the fact that I will be given crap by those swf teams once the game ends.. if I win I'll be called tunneler, or trash for using "broken killers", if I lose a "git gud" or "easy" not to mention to infuriating "tea bag at the end of the game"..

So I decided to play for my fun at red ranks.. I tunnel, facecamp, noed (depending on the killer) and I do pretty well with a bad reputation which I don't mind..

• A_Vaulting_Nurse
    A_Vaulting_Nurse Member Posts: 34
    Options

NOED wasn't your issue here, you was the last one left and when the killer is on your ass it's quite difficult to lose the killer and open a gate.

NOED gets good value when multiple survivors are alive but even then being a hex it has major counterplay.

• TheDappaScrappa
    TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103
    Options

Dang, if only there was a way to get rid of NOED.

If only it had a counter to it.

You know they should really add something in this game that gets rid of noed and not even giving it a chance to be used. But what could we do as survivors to avoid noed? What...could....we....do....

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315
    Options

Dude, noed is awesome....

FOR KILLER!!!!

Filthy entitled survivors.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    Options

Just because you've forfeited your honour and integrity doesn't mean you have to justify it and convert others to justify your self righteousness.

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165
    Options

Not for the killer.. killer is just you, your perks and your blade..