The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Welcome to the Borrowed Time Meta

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
The perk is already exploding on the PTB, so the rework must be fair and balanced ;3

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

funny, they reworked it because of people going down because of the perk in chase, so they reworked it to allow the bar not to go down mid chase but reduced time by a little, reduce it to like 16 or 14

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Raccoon said:
    Oh, I've made sure that tunneling is no longer an option in my killer PTB games. 

I appreciate the suggestion and implicit acknowledgment that perks such as Dying Light and Remember Me have received a minor nerf as a result. 

How were those two perks nerfed?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ad19970 said:

@Raccoon said:
    Oh, I've made sure that tunneling is no longer an option in my killer PTB games. 

I appreciate the suggestion and implicit acknowledgment that perks such as Dying Light and Remember Me have received a minor nerf as a result. 

Dying Light requires you to focus on making sure one Survivor dies ASAP. Remember Me requires hitting one Survivor multiple times.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited November 2018

If BT activates, can you still down them like normal (So 2 hits)? Or does it act like the Frenzy state of Legion?
    Everyone is complaining, but offering little to no information other than the time changes on it's tiers...

This is what I want to know.

• Orion

@Swiftblade131 said:
    If BT activates, can you still down them like normal? Or does it act like the Frenzy state of Legion?

Borrowed Time now grants the Deep Wound status effect if it triggers. The Deep Wound status effect is the same effect granted by the Legion if he attacks while using his power (Frenzy).

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Orion said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    If BT activates, can you still down them like normal? Or does it act like the Frenzy state of Legion?

Borrowed Time now grants the Deep Wound status effect if it triggers. The Deep Wound status effect is the same effect granted by the Legion if he attacks while using his power (Frenzy).

Yes, but!

It still only takes, the initial first hit which activates the bleed out timer, and then the 2nd hit to down yes?

• Raccoon
    Orion said:

@ad19970 said:

@Raccoon said:

Dying Light requires you to focus on making sure one Survivor dies ASAP. Remember Me requires hitting one Survivor multiple times.

Remember Me also strongly encourages tunneling to avoid the obsession providing counter play.

In all honesty, though, I'd be very surprised  to see this change go live, given the feedback, so I'm not too worried about it.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Feels like they're really putting the screws to the killers, basically forcing them to let people go, and trying to find someone else, and acting like that's always possible.

Like no killer has ever gotten to an unhooking, and the unhooker is long gone, and the person unhooked is spotted first?
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Orion said:

@ad19970 said:

@Raccoon said:

welcome to dead by daylight, the game where they make pro tunneling/ pro camping perks

• Raccoon
    Juya said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    CodyJia said:

Don't tunnel. Problem solved. 

Still have yet to see Survivors leave gens half finished to work on fresh ones.

Maybe if you'd go after them instead of tunneling it would work.

I think I already established that, personally,  I'll be circumventing the whole possibility of tunneling.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Like no killer has ever gotten to an unhooking, and the unhooker is long gone, and the person unhooked is spotted first?
    Especially when Survivors aren't smart enough to run Iron Will.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@CodyJia said:
    Don't tunnel. Problem solved. 

This

• Raccoon
    Oh no, sir, I've never been Rank 1. 

Tell me more about Rank 1 lol. 

Did I put my lol in the right place?
  • Raccoon
    Breaking News - *chainsaw noises as M2 is held near the hook*
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    Breaking news, hit the others or grab them while performing the rescue.

Hit, and they can rescue, thus triggering BT. Because the grab can be cancelled before the animation actually ends, there's only one Killer that can reliably grab them (the Doctor), meaning that you'll likely hit them, thus allowing them to rescue, thus triggering BT.

• Raccoon
    Vietfox said:7
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:
    Breaking news, not camping prevents BT from triggering.

Breaking news, hookswarming triggers BT regardless of what the Killer does.
    More breaking news, you already knew this and were being disingenuous.

@Orion
    Breaking News - The MK chapter has not dropped yet, and Goro is not a playable character. 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

To be fair they are just making it more useful, before you could simply follow for 20 seconds and they would go down, really for a perk which whole idea was to help against people camping what use actually was it apart from at end game? nothing has really changed in that regard as its most strong in SWF and they will body block to the gate anyway, I put it in the same boat as making all tiers of NOED down someone, both perks now do what they are designed too.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vietfox i see you are getting lots of LOL's these days. Maybe bring "small game" and some DYC..... BTW you know i'm gonna cut up that video and post it!

• Rebel_Raven
    Raccoon said:
    Vietfox said:7
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:
    Breaking news, not camping prevents BT from triggering.

Breaking news, hookswarming triggers BT regardless of what the Killer does.
    More breaking news, you already knew this and were being disingenuous.

@Orion
    Breaking News - The MK chapter has not dropped yet, and Goro is not a playable character. 
    Off topic, but DBD and MK could be a shared universe since both have Freddy, and Leatherface. 
    Unlikely to crossover, though. :/
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vietfox said:

@fcc2014
    Oh no you won't  lol. Gotta say i was quite drunk.
    Yes, i'm getting lols even for saying "hi", hilarious.

I ran into our friend @TheDarkLycan the other night and told him about it and he laughed his ass off and reminded me of when you passed out playing.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2018

@Orion said:

@ad19970 said:

@Raccoon said:

Still waiting for an explanation as to how those two perks were nerfed

If anything, Remember Me gets an extra stack if you tunnell the obessesion with BT

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140

As a player that just came back and plays about 70% killer and 30% survivor, why is tunneling a bad thing? I do not hook camp, but if i see a survivor going for a unhook, i will head to the hook. Normally by that time i am a little late getting there so i go after the unhooked injured survivor.

Isn't that the smart thing to do? go after the injured survivor that takes 1 hit and shorter chase rather then the other survivor that needs two hits and a prolonged chase? If i end up going after the survivor that needs two hits, the unhooked survivor can just get healed then its back to a long chase and 2 hits again.

I noticed someone said just grab them off or hit them when they are trying to pull the other survivor off, but correct me if im wrong the only real killers that can do that consistently is the nurse or billy (maybe spirit) with their extreme movement? with the other killers you would sorta have to patrol the hook, then get called a camper.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018

@PandaChris said:
    As a player that just came back and plays about 70% killer and 30% survivor, why is tunneling a bad thing? I do not hook camp, but if i see a survivor going for a unhook, i will head to the hook. Normally by that time i am a little late getting there so i go after the unhooked injured survivor.

Isn't that the smart thing to do? go after the injured survivor that takes 1 hit and shorter chase rather then the other survivor that needs two hits and a prolonged chase? If i end up going after the survivor that needs two hits, the unhooked survivor can just get healed then its back to a long chase and 2 hits again.

I noticed someone said just grab them off or hit them when they are trying to pull the other survivor off, but correct me if im wrong the only real killers that can do that consistently is the nurse or billy (maybe spirit) with their extreme movement? with the other killers you would sorta have to patrol the hook, then get called a camper.

It's easy to do, low effort, and knocks players out of the game quickly. It is not fun to be on the receiving end, and it is not something the game wishes to encourage. You're basically chasing around a person that's Exposed past the first hook, and you'll always know where they are (by the hook)/when to chase them (when they are unhooked). It's smart unless the person is using Borrowed Time.

The easiest ways to combat this change is to walk away from the hook (MYC, BBQC, Devour Hope), use TR lowering perks (M&A or Insidious), use a stealth killer power, or facecamp. People who complain are just people who camp, like how they complained about every camping nerf.

Every killer can grab survivors off from unhooking. The best killer to do this is the Doctor. The worst is Freddy.

• ad19970

@Orion said:

@ad19970 said:

@Raccoon said:

Ok I can understand that. Although remember me is only barely effected I'd argue.
    However, Dying Light is such an awful perk anyways. I don't understand why the devs created a perk that actually promotes tunneling. That perk needs a rework, no doubt.

• ad19970

@alivebydeadight said:

@Orion said:

@ad19970 said:

@Raccoon said:

welcome to dead by daylight, the game where they make pro tunneling/ pro camping perks

Exactly. The fact that Insidious and Dying Light exists baffles me. Such terrible perks. A shame really, especially since perks like Thanatophobia, that actually encourage not to camp and not to tunnel, are so bad.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Cool, now endgame saves are guaranteed to succeed. Combine this with the short immunity featu... uhm I mean "bug" and killers can finally stand in a corner after all gens have been done. 
  • PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140

I can understand how it would be annoying to die quickly and feel "bullied/tunneled". Maybe have it so that even if you die you still get bonus bloodpoints for each survivor that ends up escaping during that game. If you think about it, being chased, hooked, unhooked, chased again and hooked and so forth does help the team by giving them time.

Just would have to make the feature in such a way you dont have to wait around and spectate till the end of a game. Maybe this is already in the game somehow, it doesnt look like it to me though.

• Raccoon
    Tsulan said:
    Cool, now endgame saves are guaranteed to succeed. Combine this with the short immunity featu... uhm I mean "bug" and killers can finally stand in a corner after all gens have been done. 
    Just hit or grab them before they make a save...All 3 of them.

Alternatively,  you can just pick Leatherface/Billy, chainsaw camp people out of the game one by one, and ignore all the new changes :D
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Also they removed the fact you have to have self care to heal yourself to normal. Takes less time than a full health state. And just to make killers get nice and shafted made killer perks not impact mending. Honestly until this patch I was happy the devs were finally listening to killers and making the game more balanced. Then they hit us with this.
  • Raccoon
    edited November 2018
    If Deep Wounds were unique to The Legion, I think this patch would have been pretty balanced, even considering that lockers blocking auras makes it extremely easy to further mess with Freddy mains, haha. 

I'd also personally prefer a different name than Deep Wounds, as they are by no means an ordeal to cleanse, unlike the name's implication. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Raccoon said:
    Tsulan said:
    @Raccoon
    Oh so you want to trade one hook for 3 hooks? Awesome.
    Idk who said that but certainly wasn't me.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Raccoon said:

Remember me is buffed by this. If you tunnel your obsession with Remember me, you only get 4 stacks. Try again.

• Rebel_Raven

@Raccoon said:

Remember me is buffed by this. If you tunnel your obsession with Remember me, you only get 4 stacks. Try again.

You are confirming at the time of this posting hits while feral add tokens, such as in Remember Me?
  • Raccoon

@Raccoon said:

You are confirming at the time of this posting hits while feral add tokens, such as in Remember Me?
    All hits add tokens, friendo. 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Blueberry said:

@Visionmaker said:

@PandaChris said:

It's easy to do, low effort, and knocks players out of the game quickly. It is not fun to be on the receiving end, and it is not something the game wishes to encourage. You're basically chasing around a person that's Exposed past the first hook, and you'll always know where they are (by the hook)/when to chase them (when they are unhooked). It's smart unless the person is using Borrowed Time.

The easiest ways to combat this change is to walk away from the hook (MYC, BBQC, Devour Hope), use TR lowering perks (M&A or Insidious), use a stealth killer power, or facecamp. People who complain are just people who camp, like how they complained about every camping nerf.

Every killer can grab survivors off from unhooking. The best killer to do this is the Doctor. The worst is Freddy.

" it is not something the game wishes to encourage" this is just fake news.

The devs have said otherwise on stream and they do encourage it as a style of game play.

Panda is also right, it is very effective given the alternatives.

" It's easy to do, low effort, and knocks players out of the game quickly. It is not fun to be on the receiving end"
    This sounds like something else I know called looping, yet all the survivors do that. There's a lot of hypocrisy is saying these things about tunneling/camping.

The new killer is literally anti-tunneling. Borrowed Time discourages camping and tunneling. The Chase Emblem discourages camping. Please stop saying fake news. lol

Which is why looping got nerfed like three times.

• Raccoon
    Vietfox said:
    Raccoon said:
    Tsulan said:
    @Raccoon
    Oh so you want to trade one hook for 3 hooks? Awesome.
    Idk who said that but certainly wasn't me.
    I'm not understanding the context or purpose of this post. 

Can you please clarify?