The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I don't wanna be negative but that new autoban system is worrying.

13»

Comments

• Opex
    Opex Member Posts: 263

No, they don't. The only way to get someone actually banned is to get their ID64 / Gamertag and make a ticket at the customer support about them. They don't look at in game reports. From what I know they only use those to find the game and watch it, whilst making a ticket they ask you if you created an ingame report. They most likely look for an report from you for that player and they can specify the match and spectate it to take further actions.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Ok so to be a devils advocate here, I'm a red rank killer. I never really purposely camp early or just to ruin a game. I'm probably the fairest killer there is and NEVER go after rhe unhooked survivor no matter what unless there are 2 left of course. However, there have been times I've been able to force a 3 gen or survivors have messed up and made a 3 gen for themselves. So I down one and there's a nice hook dead center in the middle of these. Please tell me why would I go running across the map to chase anyone when my goals are right in this area. I'm not just standing still either. I'm I guess you would call I proxy camping. But again, why would expect a killer to go elsewhere? If I get hit with bt then fine, I'm not mad. I don't even end game camp. I try and guard the door if I can. These are the times the devs are saying are legit stats. And I admit any killer who camps and tunnels just to take a survivor out early and mess up their game us trash. But sometimes, as a killer we do have to stay around. Don't be that entitled survivor like 90% of killer are whiny cry babies.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

The thing is, that is not camping, unless you purposefully forced exactly that 3gen in order to camp.

It's like with the difference between murder and manslaughter.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I’d really like to know how this is going to be implemented whilst preventing it from being used as a weapon against innocent players.

I have never once done anything “toxic.” Never camped. Never tunnelled. I just play the game. Yet in the last 300 or so hours of gameplay, I’ve received 28 abusive messages from many different players. Every one of these messages was angry and petty. I’ve even had abuse from people I’ve given the hatch to. If this feature had already been implemented, that could very easily have been 28 reports/strikes on my account. I would likely have been banned for simply playing the game (if the feature is implemented how it was worded.)

Also what is to stop people from simply lying in their report? Once people work out that you can’t get someone banned for camping or tunnelling, they’re just going to make stuff up.

What’s the quality control like? Can you identify false reports? If so, can people be punished for false reports?

What is there to stop a salty SWF from lying and backing up each other’s stories? Lots of questions.

I think the devs are dangerously underestimating the pettiness of a particular % of the player base.

I understand that we don’t know the full details of this feature yet and that it’s still in development, but I just want to say that if people can simply report you and that counts as a strike against your account regardless of reality, then it’s absolutely going to be abused and weaponised, and many innocent people are going to be banned, leaving the game and never coming back.

We’ll have to wait and see I suppose.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 456

Cheating, harassing, taking the game hostage, rage quitting, exploiting, and being a dick.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115

To aliveiate concerns all we need to hear is that 4 salty survivors can not get me auto banned because they didnt like my play style. League tried this a long time ago and it was abused massively. It was considered too toxic for league of legends. It is literally just hey these 4 sweaty salty survivors didn't like losing but its their 4 voices against my 1 voice. This should not be too difficult to promise us. I feel the large majority of killers would be put at ease with a simple hey 4 survivors in 1 game can't get you banned. It would take a history of reports, or something along those lines.

• pepperoninipples
    pepperoninipples Member Posts: 90
  • Duskztar
    Duskztar Member Posts: 5

The ONLY way an autoban system won't be abused is if enough reports gets an actual person to review past games, but they specified it was an autoban, not autoflag or something else. I have no hope for this system and foresee tons of wrongly banned killer mains when it's implemented, I mean, look at how terrible the club penguin level profanity filter is, no way this autoban feature will work properly.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2021

guess ture soon wont be playing ...he be ban in 1 day, on a side note if the auto ban works like it dose i can finally report people for hook farming me :D

Post edited by taimea on
  • illumi83
    illumi83 Member Posts: 10

as I read through the report here I see the same old killer vs survivor thing going on. we need to pull together on this one as a community. an autoban system like they talked about on stream is not going to be good for the game and all players, regardless of side played. we have enough petty players on both sides who will be more than willing to abuse this system.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    I deserve any ban that comes my way--it'd just be karma catching up to me.

That said, this auto-ban feature furthers the divide between solo queue and swf.

It is mathematically improbable that someone in a 3-man SWF will ever be banned thru this system. They simply won't generate enough reports to flag the system. Meanwhile, a solo queue survivor who queues into multiple games alongside 3-man & 2-man SWFs could find themselves auto-banned simply because the SWFs sent baseless reports for shits and giggles.

---

I've been chat banned in Overwatch only twice in the two long years I was a toxic ######### who made jests, goaded, and insulted my opponents. I always got away with it, because I was making fun of the other team. My teammates may not have approved, but I wasn't slinging insults their way, so they didn't report me.

The two times I was banned were because I decided to pick fights with both my opponents AND my teammates. Suddenly, everyone in the lobby was reporting me. Overwatch taught me that the auto-ban system is just a numbers game. If I rake in 11 reports in a game with only 12 players, I'm probably doing something wrong--Blizzard's system recognized that.

---

I've encountered my fair share of SWFs in DBD who demean or insult me, simply because I didn't conform to their playstyle (as killer or survivor). If I had to guess, SWFs will insta-report every killer who puts them in their place or makes their game even remotely unenjoyable.

How will the system react when a killer receives 12 reports in 3 consecutive games, because they decided to play dirty? Not with a ban, I'd hope.

• Dragonivy759
    Dragonivy759 Member Posts: 29

Sometimes they can work, such as camping the best survivor against overly altruistic survivors. Ofc, the strategy only works against stupid survivors. Tunneling? Do gens since the killer isn't going to chase you anyway. Camping? Do gens since the killer isn't going to chase you anyway. These strats only work against **stupid** survivors. Which is a lot of games when playing solo/duo queue.

They are legitimate strategies but they almost never work against an experienced team. Unfortunately, that's a lot of people.

• Dragonivy759
    Dragonivy759 Member Posts: 29

Discord servers usually have a lot of people on them, so getting over 12 reports from a friend's discord server isn't going to be uncommon.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

They said the reporting would still be from end game lobby. So if that persons 12 friends weren't in the game with them, they wouldn't be able to report.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

As much as i'm concerned about the abuse that could come from it, i'm also hoping it will come with Props counterbalancing the Reports, and having more positive effect on the player ban-balance than the negative effect of Reports. Maybe Props will finally be of use and could help to reward the good people of the community every month, like if their positive/negative balance is +50 for example

• Red_Beard

Harassing, if you mean end game chat has filters now so you don't see the "bad" words anymore. You even don't see words that aren't bad. Harassing outside of the game chat will not be banned for by BHVR as stated in their game rules. Rage quitting is already auto-ban. You even get banned for legitimate disconnects like your power went out. "Being a dick" is the same as toxic. It is way to subjective. A lot of people think tea bagging and tunneling are toxic. These are also not reportable offenses as defined by BHVR in their game rules.

That leaves cheating, taking the game hostage and exploiting. These are already able to be reported. The only problem is BHVR wants video evidence as well and I am guessing most people don't record their games. But I guess I don't mind that video evidence is required because it would be too easy to say someone is cheating, exploiting or taking the game hostage when they aren't.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156

I stream and I get a lot of attackers who come to my channel after a game no matter how I played. Just the other day I was doing some silly for fun troll killer like Take Your Item Trapper, or Helpful Rancor Piggy. Most got a kick out of it. But one game where I was doing No Perk No addon trapper and just tried to secure a kill at end game I had one come in raging about how I'm a trash player, camper and so on. Funny thing was it was the coward who wouldnt try to save the poor person on hook. The hooked player also joined in and said they had no issues with what happened as I was simply trying to secure a kill. Gens were done and I left the area every time before that. I even have my own rule that I will not hook someone unless Ive hooked someone else since I last hooked em. Some people don't seem to understand this is a game and should be taken as such. Some times you want to just play some silly games. Earlyer in the day I played a Deathy game where I "Forgot" how to do anything after I nailed them with the harpoon. Its just all in the name of fun. But some people dont see it as such and I worry that an auto ban system will be abused. And its not just survivors who could abuse it. I play both sides so whos to say a killer dont report someone for getting a flashlight save, or so on?

• apathyinc

The current system is pretty lousy though and you never see the results of your repot. BHVR seems to be saying that since the current system is inadequate and they are working to improve things to where people will see the actions of their reports, and the actions will come faster.

How is this not a good thing? Some people seem more worried about getting auto-banned for "no reason" rather than pointing out the positives that this system can bring. Detecting abuse of a reporting system is already something that is used by similar reporting systems and would help to ensure that people aren't just banned for no reason if they are following the EULA.

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

Oh my, I can't wait to be legitimately banned for camping as Insidious Bubba Basement!

If it does happen to get banned because survivors get salty with my playstyle, I will legitimately ban every killer I encounter as a Survivor if I die within a match!

If I'm getting abused by this autoban system, I will abuse it to the core as well!

Let the games begin!

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2021

My main concer is when Riot tried a self policing comunity people just banned each other without giving any tought at all, you got reported the comunity judged you looking at the chat, on paper super cool, on practice the judges just banned people because it was faster and called it a day. The system was so bad and corrupted they got rid of it.

Seeing how petty and childish this comunity is, people will report others just because they got salty for the stupidest reasons, you cleansed Ruin at the start? all 4 reported, you used NOED? reported, A Killer I dont like? reported, a team with 3 Dead Hards? guess what, all reported (the 4º one because its free and I bet they were a pesky SWF anyways), .ttv? R-E-P-O-R-T-E-D.

You cant let the insane run the asylum.

• Red_Beard

I am for report feedback but you can create a feedback system without an auto ban system. Some of us are concerned because we haven't seen an auto ban system in a game that hasn't been abused. WOW has it. You can spam report anyone you want and get them temporarily timed out in chat. PUBG has it. Same thing, you can spam report someone and get them temporarily banned from playing even if they weren't cheating. And considering how many people post about tunneling, camping, tea bagging, flashlight clicking, and body blocking are toxic behaviours that BHVR should punish, would absolutely falsely report in attempt to try and get people banned in an auto ban system. Even if it's temporary, how is being temporarily banned for not breaking a rule a good thing?

Also, some of us don't feel like this is a feature they should even be putting resources into and are expressing our opinions about it on the forum where we are supposed to express our opinions and concerns about the game, especially when there are many other things the community has been asking for for years. I still haven't seen a thread started by anyone saying "OMG, AN AUTO-BAN SYSTEM, JUST WHAT THE COMMUNITY WAS ASKING FOR" since the announcement.

• apathyinc

But a system like this probably was a priority of the community. I know I marked that it was in the community surveys they put out, because some of the community's player behavior is the top reason I wouldn't recommend this game to friends.

Designing a system that can detect when someone is doing a legitimate report and when someone is just spam reporting is something I'm sure the devs are taking into account. From what I've read, the uproar is from people who probably play like dicks and are worried that their actions might have consequences. Just don't break the official rules and you will be fine. I've played a bunch of games with reporting features, zero times banned, and I imagine I'll be banned zero times with whatever system BHVR implements in DbD.

• Red_Beard

What is playing like a dick? Everyone I see concerned about it is talking about the stuff people tell them they are going to report them in end game chat or they get hate mail in their steam, PS4 and Xbox accounts for, which is usually camping, tunneling, tea bagging, flashlight clicking, slugging, body blocking. All things BHVR states in their own rules is not bannable. Are those things you think is someone playing like a dick?

I haven't seen a dev team be able to design a reporting system with an auto ban system yet that isn't able to be abused I and don't believe BHVR is the team that is going to be able to figure it out.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

An autoban system is the last thing this game needs. Terrible idea.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

They are only strategies if you don't trust in your characters abilities.

Cause, lbr: there is something to be admired about players that can get their 3-4k without being sweaty and without using meta perks against experienced/ equal skill players. The fact these people exist shows that... it can work

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Statements like this that make an assumption about the people who are causing "the uproar" and what their playstyle must be like is why people like myself -- and plenty others, apparently, judging by what I've seen and heard (I've heard at least one very non-toxic content creator call it a terrible idea) -- are understandably worried.

I don't play "like a dick" -- but who's to say that someone else doesn't see it the same and reports me for reasons unwarranted? I play as part of a SWF -- we had a Spirit who lost to us once who messaged a member of the group afterwards ranting on about how "unfair" the game was because of SWF (and just look at the posts here on a regular basis). As salty (and profane) as they ended up being, do you really think that they wouldn't be someone who'd be hitting the "report" button immediately, especially if they thought it would end up with someone getting banned?

I played a killer round two nights ago as The Pig against a small streamer and their friend (and two randoms, as it turned out). After a pretty innocuous round, I watched the match from their VOD later in the night to see what they said -- the friend called me "toxic" for putting 2 RBT's on them (I ran Last Will, giving me 5, so someone was getting 2 unless the game ended in a rout), the friend said I was "out to get him" (simply because they -- the only Yellow rank in an otherwise Red Rank lobby -- died first), and the friend accused me of streamsniping because, after a hook rescue of the streamer by the last remaining survivor when the other two players were dead, I downed both, hooked the rescuer, then waited over the streamer while the person I'd hooked died (the streamer had DS and they and their friend couldn't understand why I wasn't picking them up -- ironically, I was waiting to give them hatch and NOT waiting out the DS I didn't know they even had). The streamer turned out to be nice enough (I stopped in their chat afterwards to tell them GG), but if it had been up to their friend, my guess is the "report" button would have been smashed faster than you could say "unintended consequences" (their friend seemed new, so they get a pass on their misconceptions, but that won't keep people who don't understand the game fully -- see the people who still don't know how certain perks or add-ons work -- from making reports that have no basis for being made).

IF I had confidence in BHVR that things would be implemented correctly, MY concerns wouldn't exist. But in just the year I've been playing, I've seen the disaster that was the MMR's initial implementation, the disaster that's been the DC penalty suspended and reinstated due to issues, the disaster that's been bug-filled DLC's that had literally game-breaking issues released onto the community, the disaster that was the unasked-for aura change (that was quickly reverted) -- and there's probably more I'm missing. BHVR's past track record regarding things they've tried/done doesn't inspire confidence that they'll have a system in place here that will properly work, and your experiences aside, plenty of people have come out telling about THEIR experiences with ban systems that didn't work (a friend of mine who has a lot more experience playing online games has assured me that this will be a mess if it's implemented).

As always, the correct thing for BHVR would have been to wait until they had more details to share before announcing anything. Using the term "autoban" in their stream without any context or further information about what will -- and more importantly won't -- trigger an autoban was a poor decision, akin to someone yelling "fire" in a crowded theater because they thought they saw someone light a match from 20 aisles away. The unfortunate part is that, instead of people being excited for what looks to be a great 5th year release, many people are focused on THIS instead, when, warranted or not, these reactions would have been easily avoidable if someone in charge had thought first about the ramifications of that annoucement before it was mentioned.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Entitlement is bad

Received a cheating report for a 4k with t1 Myers cause I walked backwards to counter spine chill, which I later found out all four of the swf were running

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

If there will also be bans for abuse of reporting people for legit gameplay tactics, then I could be on board with this new system 😀