Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Truetalent vs Oracle team, what do you think?

Comments

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Granted I watched only the game in the video of the OP. I don't disagree with the statement that Wraith isn't viable against the best teams in the world.

However, what I notice is that there's a disconnect between the purpose of the test and the actual test conditions. If we want to determine what happens when both parties bring their A game, then you need to actually show up with your A game. This wasn't a test to see if Wraith is viable against the best survivors who are tryharding. This example was a test to see if Wraith is viable against the best survivors when using subpar add-ons for killers, employing a strategy (hit'n'running with Nurse's) which is known to be a soloQ stomper and that falls apart otherwise, while reading chat on top of that.

Again, I don't expect the result would've been much different with better test conditions, but those weren't it.

Also, I understand killers having different degrees of strength. It's literally impossible to make the entire roster exactly the same level of power. Just like it's impossible to make every survivor team the same strength, even if stuff like comms and mmr were added. They might help, but the problem remains.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

That last sentence, that's what I think a lot of people don't understand. In what universe could Wailing Bell or Evil Within have the same power as Spencers last breath? Without completely destroying the power design and thematic design of the killer? W

What, would Micheal just teleport a survivor to the hook if he stalks them long enough?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

The best players still place consistently. A win in dbd is subjective, but MMR showed us that at high level, equally skilled survivors vs killers will favor survivors every time. Something can be done to help balance it, even if it’s not a redesign.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

So you are basically asking for a 4K before any gens have been repaired? You might get games with efficient survivors. It is what it is. Tunneling and camping is a known toxic strategy people use to ruin others experience. If it is miserable then don’t do it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Why do you assume that i do it? What i´m talking about is my experience as solo survivor on red ranks.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Still m8, it shows how good you can get, how good survivors can get, and as you see, nearly unkillable team, that my firend, is not balanced.

• aroell

You can’t tunnel gens. And almost every game someone is getting camped tunneled, it wasn’t that much of a problem but since the ds nerf it has increased very much. Killers need to get banned for stuff like this.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

It just shows survivor mains who complain about how killer sided this game is are just slacking and are to lazy to put the effort to get better ammirigh?? Huh?

.... Jimmy..... Jimmy put down that pitchfork.... Jimmy its just a joke JIMMY!!!

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Fully agreed, unfortunately there are too many people in this thread who simply cannot understand that balancing for teams like Oracle would kill this game. I've played against comp teams as Billy, it's stressful, but it's also a world away from the everyday casual SWF which you'll encounter in public games. You have to go looking for teams who are capable of outputting tournament level efficiency and even then, a lot of killers are still capable of 4k'ing in that environment.

That being said, I would genuinely love to see some of the gameplay from people complaining about losing 3 generators in the first chase. The amount of times I've seen that happen can be counted on one hand and more often than not is down to ridiculously bad RNG (we know spawns are problematic), toolbox/BNP rushing or them overcommitting to bad chases. The last two prominent people I saw complaining about SWF's were quite bluntly, horrendous in their decision making and with very suboptimal builds.

• aroell

Are you saying that killers have a hard time against solo survivors?

• aroell

Well you are probably playing against the worst killer if they have a hard time against 4 solos.

• aroell

Well that is your experience. Many killers rank up too easily so it doesn’t mean that killers need to be buffed. The game is still too killer sided

• Tsulan
    edited June 2021

Ranking up as killer is harder than ranking up as survivor. For example, the aimed balancing goal of 2 kills 2 escapes is a guaranteed black pip for killers on red ranks. Hell, the killer could even get a 4k and black pip on red ranks. Because the system isn´t designed for different killer powers.

• aroell

That is true, but I do think the horrible matchmaking plays a big role in this. I have been matched up against yellow ranked killers while being rank 1 survivor and vice versa. So obviously if a average killer gets matched against rank 20 survivors they will 4K and pip.

• Tsulan

As i said, it could be a black pip. Because the killer could kill to fast, not get enough chases, not enough hits (insta downs penalize the killer, picking someone up from a trap doesn´t count as hits, downing infected survivors as Plague doesn´t give full points, etc.)

The rainbow ranks also explain the high kill rates, btw. As the stats only take the killers rank into account.

• aroell

No killer should have any more than 60% kill rate. Even if it is against rank 20s or rank 1s.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173
    edited June 2021

The outcome of the match was predetermined and very obvious. For experienced players, there was not even a shroud of doubt that tru3 would not get destroyed. Personally, I do not think that killers need to be able to beat top 1% because realistically, they are very unlikely to play against survivors in solo queue where they need that level power.

I am not sure how to put this into words, but killers need capacity to influence the game based off the power they've been given without having mechanics that purposely drain skill-level of that character or add complications that make the power impossible use/very ineffective.

Solo-queue balance should be that character just plays to the best of its ability. Billy should be able to curve good survivors. Ghostface should be 99% stalk good survivors naturally, Freddy should be able to use snares and slowdown the game. clown's yellow and purple bottles should be effective tools to end chases quickly vs decent survivors. none these strategy are good enough for good teams but at least the killer plays properly and has some impact on outcome of the match.

Its why changes like... recent demogorgon changes are.... just massive disconnection of the game in my opinion.

killers don't need be nurse/spirit-level, they just need not suck and feel bad to play for solo-queue level.

• Tsulan

But what do you do when killers get matched against rank 20s that don´t know how to hit a skill check? There was a killer shortage before the RE chapter released. Even the devs admitted it on stream. Killers got tossed into a lobby with the survivors that have been waiting the longest. Didn´t matter what rank they were.

The Challenges also don´t help with the kill rates. As people play different to get their challenges done. Just watch how everyone hook bombs when a new chapter with altruistic challenges releases. Or where survivors need to stay in close proximity to the killer without getting chased.

• DontComeNeaMe
    DontComeNeaMe Member Posts: 72

The problem here is oracle are a top tier competetive team. They are not the best in the world but they are extremely good. Tru3ta1ent is good in pubs but not in comp, his build and the way he played showed that.

Put a top tier comp wraith against them and there will be more hooks

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Well, to be fair besides obvious balance issues Oracle players are at least 1 whole tier above truetalent skill-wise, which doesn't make it any easier for him.

• DontComeNeaMe
    DontComeNeaMe Member Posts: 72

I understand what you are saying but dowsey and otz are not top tier comp killers. Put someone like Hunter from EMA in there and the results would be much better.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact wraith is a much weaker killer than nurse/spirit, anyone who does is stupid but if you go against high level comp players in any game and you don't play at a comp level yourself you are usually going to lose no matter what.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

You didn't watch these videos clearly. They had rule that they aren't allowed to cleanse ruin and Tru3 still got stomped lmao

• imabot
    imabot Member Posts: 43

People tend to forget about all those matches where they destroy survivors, but highlight that ONE strong SWF team to claim that the game is survivor sided.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

The 1v1 should not be ignored tho.

But, other than that, going against Oracle also does not have any value either. You wont encounter those teams in Public Matches.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I agree with you. But the thing that bothers me is that a lot survivor mains want those few killers nerfed that CAN challenge these hardcore teams. When we look at tournaments even nurses and spirits struggle against teams like that. I think killers should have few very high skillcap killers that you rarely see in lower level games. Most of the time rank 15-20s survivors complain abaut wraiths while more skilled survivors abaut nurses, spirits, etc

• Tsulan

And how many years have passed since their experiment?

• Tiller
    Tiller Member Posts: 31

Just use the same argument back at them when they whine about spirit or nurse; you rarely go against top level spirit/nurse anyway

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

that's a professional team, while in daily games with randoms your teammates commit suicide at the first hook or disconnect when they fall first ... nor do I tell you that they literally last 1 second in chases and they don't even touch generators

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

What I don’t understand is why he kept trying to make wraith work by changing his addons/perks. Did he expect to magically get a 4k just by changing a few perks? Everyone in chat and even Oracle were asking him to change his killer because it wasn’t working out. What did Tru do? He ignored it and continued like a stubborn mule. This is why Tru is the only dbd streamer I dislike. I really wanted to see how a spirit/nurse would perform against Oracle.