This games is so unbelievably survivor sided its a joke

Options
2»

Comments

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

It is and will always be survivor sided if the survivors actually know what to do. Good survivor team will dominate most of the killer's with ease. Luckily most survivor don't play that efficiently.

You can not say its killer sided when nurse is basically the only killer that can keep up with the best survivors.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    edited June 2021
    Options

At the highest level? Absolutely survivor sided. When the killer is completely new to the game? Survivor sided. A good SWF? Sure, survivor sided. Anything else? Otherwise, you probably just didn't play at your best which is far and away the most common.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

Survivor has a huge advantage over the Killer, yes, namely Teamwork, however that doesn't mean the game is obscenely shifted in their favor.

Good players also know how to predict and adapt to Survivor tactics, as well as utilize their powers and perks to outsmart even some of the sweatiest of loopers.

Im not saying I'm one of those, mind you, I have a long way to go, but even still, I have plans for most of the loops I come across, including shack.

So yeah, survivor advantage? Yes. Survivor sided? Hardly.

• Spencerjnlouis
    Spencerjnlouis Member Posts: 117
    Options

In other news water is wet, I think BEhaviour makes the Survivor side easier because 4 players are needed for that side while only one for the Killer role, not saying the game is fair for killer players, even far from it but I don't want Killer players to get easy kills without putting any effort in. I want to 4k if I capitalize on survivors being bad and making mistakes, it's when survivors who played badly still wins with broken mechanics like keys that triggers me

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2021
    Options

Can we not just all agree that the game is designed to make both sides angry? And that the world is out to get us and everything is unfair? Then we can stop arguing about this topic, right?

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Spencerjnlouis
    Spencerjnlouis Member Posts: 117
    Options

What are you babbling on about? It's a hard game for Killers, but a breeze for survivors who think the killer shouldn't even be able to hit them when most maps are literally designed for survivors to use and escape killers, survivors have overpowered perks to counter killers while Killers' somewhat powerful perks are HEX totems that can be destroyed by you all spoiled brats. A good killer can only 4k if the survivors play badly and makes a lot of mistakes and still survivors can escape with keys that spawns after 3 gens are done. SWF is also a big advantage for survivors to make the killer have a even harder time to get a kill. You're talking just like privilege people you can never understand the misery minorities go through

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,549
    Options

I'm mostly with you, but calling people "kids" is (ironically) immature.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Where? Each map has removed pallets, boarded up windows. The 4K ratio is over 70% across the board. The majority of games are 4K outside red ranks. Games massively killer sided. Fortunately this forum is all killer mains so you’ll get plenty to agree with you.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    Options

Folks, the following has been well established: Killers are stronger at lower ranks and MMR and survivors are stronger at higher MMRs. Why is this still a topic on this forum.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

Watch tournament footage and you'll change this tune quickly.

If a Survivor doesn't make mistakes in their fundamentals, the Killer cannot "mindgame" a Survivor. It is impossible to do so, since they will always be too well positioned. They have to use their power to end the chase, which is why Nurse and Spirit are so popular, and why they get complained about.

Even if you leave the Survivor, it doesn't matter, since you need them to get downed to prevent them from doing gens.

The game IS in their favor at the higher levels, 100%. If you watch footage, you'll see what I mean. 10-20 second chases are mandatory.

• Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264
    Options

Who cares about tournaments, 99.9% of survivors don't play on that level. How is DBD survivor sided if kill rate is 70%?

I play Killer once in 2 years, I made an experiment and played Wraith before he received all his updates and most of my games were 4k and 3k. It was EXTREMEY easy. Rarely would I get a seal squad and have 1k or 0k. And I'm so bad at mindgames as killer. I posted all results of that experiment with screenshot on Steam forum about a year ago. If you can't win as a killer you must just git gud. Killer has never been as easy as it it now. Right now DBD is killer sides with official killrate of 70%. Learn to play.

• UncleStabby
    Options

I'm not the best killer player, but thanks to the crappy matchmaking, I often find myself up against red ranks-

And STILL manage to get consistent 3-4ks as a console killer. This can't be the case, plain and simple, because, again, I'm far from professional level.

The game isn't survivor sided. Maybe you're just letting the game frustrate you too much to get better.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655
    Options

This game is crow sided. They just sit there, judging you. Then when you get to close the scream out your location to their friends and fly away.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Imagine being a main and not playing both.

Survivor main vs killer main goes brrr

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

Your experience is certianly valid for the level where you play, but at the very top skill levelssurvivors (or at least SWF groups) do indeed dominate. Personally i hope MMR works as it should clean up the current joke that we have for a rank system.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 637
    Options

In my understanding of the current dbd version its sort of:

Survivor > Killer

If you guys always try to get skill involved it all gets messed up. In fundamentals, the survivor side has a lot higher possibility to escape the trial than the killer has to kill all survivors.

I would recommend to play a custom game without any perks, items and addons to see the core game. Then one by one add things to see how busted and unbalanced it can get :D

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477
    Options

You have to be joking with me, on top of all these killer sided maps I mentioned we have the killer sided Hawkins too.

• UncleStabby
    Options

The only map one could even remotely call survivor sided is the Game, and even that isn't the case when you're Doc, Freddy, or are using Spirit fury and Enduring.

• aroell
    Options

They need to do something with these maps, nothing is survivor sided in this game.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I dislike playing against troll survivors far more than playing against a troll killer.

But both are highly obnoxious.

• aroell
    Options

No they aren’t, with the recent map reworks stealth has been heavily nerfed, my p3 Claudette is visible from across the map on autohaven. They removed most pallets too and breakable walls give god windows no point in existing.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I have no issues on most maps, as Survivor. The only one I loathe getting is Hawkins.

And as to your statement that nothing is Survivor sided, that is a bold faced lie. This game is nowhere near as Survivor sided as people say, but Haddonfield and Badham are insanely Survivor sided.

• aroell
    Options

And how much do you play on haddonfield and badham a day? I haven’t played on these maps in weeks.

• NomiNomad
    Options

That's literally just RNG. I've had days where I get Badham three or four times in a row. Days where I get Haddonfield twice in a row. And I've had days where I get nothing but MacMillan maps.

That's how RNG works. If you haven't played on those maps, it's literally just luck.

• aroell
    Options

Luck? More like unluck. These are the only maps survivors have a slight chance of actually surviving.

• NomiNomad
    Options
  • WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

This is a really low quality troll, put some more work into it!

Anyone who seriously thinks solo queue is stronger than killer needs to play it more, SWF is a totally separate issue that is almost impossible to deal with, unless you want to make the game unplayable for solo survivors. The only way to bridge the gap is to make solo queue stronger, not SWF weaker.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Your definitely a newer player. Play the game more and learn it properly before complaining. The reason it's obvious your a new player is because your complaining about flashlights. Every good killer loves seeing flashlights.

Once you get better perks and learn the maps better then games will be a lot easier.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

I would have agreed if we talked about the game 3 years ago, saying that there's infinite pallets when bad RNG can make a map spawn with like 5 pallets (most of them unsafe) and with most windows being disabled (look what they did to haddonfield) it's kinda ridiculous that people still complain, all those tweaks over the years made the game go from survivor sided to killer sided, it's just that since they were small tweaks over the years people never realized exactly when the game switched sides from survivor to killer sided.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

How to tell if someone truly does not play Killer at all 101

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2021
    Options

I think that overall the game is balanced for survivors. But that is like the old joke about how if you have one hand in boiling water and one in a bowl of ice-cubes the average temperature is perfect. Likewise here SWF > Killers > Solo but the gap between SWF and solos (~15+ informational perks) is so great that any killer that has even a half-decent chance against equal skill SWF will absolutely crush solos.

So DBD need massive buffs for solo survivors that doesn't also boost SWF and large buffs for low tier Killers.

• Felixsimp
    Felixsimp Member Posts: 3
    Options

honestly it's more killer sided. my teammates usually suck and rage quit instantly. idk how it's survivor sided when you get ruin, corrupt, pop, noed. and most of the time they camp.