Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

borrowed time is o.p and unfair

a survivor can literally be rescued with borrowed time every time they are unhooked . this makes the killer have to chase the survivor all over again if they don't camp them . I do not camp but borrowed time needs to be nerfed as it makes the survivor to strong . as a killer main I get that I need to chase survivors but I should'nt have to chase a survivor constantly because they keep on getting borrowed timed of the hook . the borrowed time should only activate once per survivor meaning if they are in borrowed time and they are hit after they are hit in borrowed time if they are taken of the hook again by a survivor with borrowed time it would not activate if they are hit .

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

Oh please... BT is fine as it is.

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189

Also, if they try to take a protection hit for their teammate they revoke their right to not be tunneled. I'll gladly wait the 12 seconds and put them back on the hook. If they run away? I'll chase the rescuer. But, if they run at me with BT they are getting tunneled.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

This. I would be 100% cool with removing collision in exchange for making it 15 seconds duration again. BT bodyblocking doesn't really have a counter in a lot of situations. BT should protect against tunneling, not make a survivor an unstoppable meat shield for 12 seconds

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
  • istatefax
    istatefax Member Posts: 35

thats the thing the killer has to deal with BT as well as body blocking which is something survivors do now its just not fair for the killer they have to much time to escape of hook/do gens . and I can't just "chase another survivor" by the time I hook a survivor 2 gens will have been done unless I have the ideal perks as killer which rarely happens and I can hook them by the time 1 gen is done if lucky . survivors are getting to constantly get borrowed timed and are body blocking the killer after the survivor is unhooked and this needs addressing by the devs . if they are borrowed timed twice thats 22 seconds plus being body blocked thats a lost 3 seconds for every body block hit that amounts to 28 seconds plus any pallets that are left thats almost 30 seconds for every unhooked survivor that is unfair for the killer .

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Not really. It's not. I'm a killer main and I'm fine with bt

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    edited June 2021

It's not unfair, it just works like old DS on a shorter timer:

Complete invincibility in almost any scenario, and the killer doesn't know you have it until it's too late. Being easily abusable is just how that perk functions.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

bt is fine, camping and tunneling are not, you could never increase your skills since camping and tunneling only works for solo survivor, you would easily destroyed by SWF

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Borrowed Time is fine.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I wish BT was basekit honestly, you can make up some lore reason for it to be basekit because getting tunneled off of hook when your team mate isn't running it is the worst. And it really limits what builds you can run because it does feel that BT is a necessary perk slot.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

BT is completely fine the way it is

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Hey, at least they devs destroyed DS! It's probably why you're going to be seeing even more Borrowed Time than ever before, at least from any halfway decent survivors. But yeah, it is sad that you can't camp and tunnel a person out of the game without them even having a chance to keep playing :) :)

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

BT is free +300 for hit without downing unhooked survivor:)

• LuckyLucy1999
    LuckyLucy1999 Member Posts: 29

Borrowed time OP? Now that is funny.

Borrowed time is there to give you a chance against campers/tunnelers and in my view Borrowed time should be part of the survivor base kit.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

This. I may play killer mainly, but i understand how horrible this is and just turn it into a slug, not a hook usually.

• smart212
    smart212 Member Posts: 136

easy strategy if you want to tunnel the unhook survivor that effected with BT. Chase him/her for 12 scs and then you M1 him/her. simple. dont get quickly hit them after they unhook. waiting for 12 sc. they will get panic wkwk

• MagickDream
    MagickDream Member Posts: 6

As someone that literally just had this happen to me against a Billy on Hawkins... killed my mood for the game for the night. I got sandbagged by a teammate when I saw the killer coming. He went to chase the two that saved... because over altruistic is awesome... and heard me groaning so he turned and went right after me. Needless to say. Killed the fun right out the gate. I don't run DS because... well it doesn't do anything for me ever. Timing is never right.

Short of it. If we're wanting to keep new players coming back and enjoying the game, don't punish them for the poor decisions of their team mates. Don't try to yet them out of the game quickly for the sake of that 4K. It kills the game right off the bat and blows their chances of "getting good" out of the water.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

As a Killer Main BT is fine

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited June 2021

I don't mind BT, Its a good perk.

However I am not a fan of BT body blocking. I want that rescuer, not to tunnel / hit the unhooked person.

Sometimes when I get mad and tired of it during the match I will decide to "Okay, you wanna get the hit so hard? Fine, back on the hook you go." :-)

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

it's better for the survivor to take the BT hit than not to. unfortunate for the killer, but true.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

Excatly. It means sprint burst for u, the rescuer has more time to leave, and killer has a stop on hit animation. It´s a very fair response for tunneling. However, real tunnelers will probably continue the tunnel following the unhooked guy.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

it's kind of stupid, but it's a necessary evil for the most part.