Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do we think about current DS?

Phasmamain
Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Too weak? Too strong? Perfect?

I personally think it’s a bit too weak since it doesn’t really stop the killer from just chasing you again. If we gave it the self preservation effect for 8 to 10 seconds I feel the perk would be perfect

I’d love to hear all your thoughts on the perk!

Comments

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330

I love it. The perk saved me so many times since its nerf. Sometimes the perk does nothing and sometimes it comes in clutch.

• Phasmamain

That’s also a good change. Either one would work imo

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

It should also deactivate if the survivor is fully healed. Other than that it's perfect.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I think it's in a good place now. You can't abuse it anymore like you used to, so that change is really good.

Maybe they can make it a two time use perk now, but maybe that would be too strong. Then it would be a true anti-tunnel perk. But maybe that would be too strong during EGC, since people tend to camp more because the game is over anyway. I don't know about a two time use yet.

• Phasmamain

Making the stun longer wouldn’t really do much tbh especially against the killers you mentioned but I agree it needs a slight buff

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

But it should still deactivate in egc. Combine DS, bt and more than 2 survivor alive and killer without late late game perks could just go afk sometimes.

• Phasmamain

I can agree with that. There’s many situations where I’ll be in endgame and have DS so it’s just a free escape

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I don't agree with the hardcore tunneling that some killers do (although they can play the game how they see fit, since they paid for it). But you have to agree that 90% of the people that run DS, abused the sh*t out of it with the 60 seconds you-can't-touch-me card. Since the nerf, I don't see DS not that often anymore. Maybe one per game/two games. Before it was almost on every survivor.

I can see them maybe buff it slightly to make it maybe a 2 time use, before the EGC is activated. That way you can punish tunnel killers, but not punish people who play fair and square.

• burt0r

Yeah the thing is I used to play differently but for the last 1-2 years I stopped caring for rank, kills and stuff and adopted the "fair" playstyle of 8 hooks before any killing and most of the time no killing at all and just bp farming with bbq.

In the time I cared for kills I did the same but trying to play fair and getting kills is close to impossible with the mechanics I mentioned. Also no slowdown perks.

• Phasmamain

If we buff it more to compensate I think it’s fair. DS in the endgame is kinda busted

• burt0r

And you just ignored my previous post of letting it activate on all unhooks, right?

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

If they give DS power to use twice, yes this nerf will make sense.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I did not, i just saw your post about DS nerf. And it was weird still talking about DS nerf.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Longer stun is too much.

What if you get 2 uses of it, IF you are being really tunneled.

Like after you get unhooked and downed and you use it first time, if the killer downs you and hooks you again, you will get the second use of it after second unhook?

But only if no other survivor was hooked between both of your DS uses

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

There's literally no reason for this. There honestly isn't even a reason for DS to deactivate upon self-heals, either, while we're at it.

Where DS is currently, I see no reason for it to deactivate in end game. It's basically the only good use for DS at this point because it's the only time you'll actually be able to use it to get away from a tunneler lmaooo

Obviously, yeah, it's a losing situation for the killer because he can't avoid the DS if they're close enough to crawl out before it deactivates, but as long as DS remains a single use perk that is active a maximum of 2 minutes per trial while still having slugging counterplay/doesn't REALLY stop tunneling (outside of end game), I think the end game stuff is what it is and still is fairly situational compared to how old DS was.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Personally, I wish they had simply made the current DS a base kit feature for Survivors and then buffed killers in some way to compensate. Hard tunnelling at 5 gens is stupid but sometimes, tunnelling someone out when there's 2 or 1 gen(s) left makes sense. You can't just nerf tunnelling so severely without some buff to Killer. Not sure what this theoretical Killer buff would've been though. Doesn't matter now I guess. DS likely is in an acceptable spot so the Devs are probably too scared to touch it again.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    edited July 2021

I'd like to see it get 2 uses so that killers aren't free to just tunnel hard after eating it.

I still hate that Behaviour makes survivors bring perks to counter tunneling rather than just putting in mechanics that make it weaker though. If they did this they would probably have to nerf survivor a bit but it would be so nice if I didn't feel like I had to dedicate half my build to BT/DS every game.

• burt0r

And that is why I first proposed:

And then remembered its strength in endgame which not only applies to tunneler but also for fair killer like me that first go for the 8 hooks before killing someone.

If we make it activate on every unhook then there should be compensation in egc, otherwise we could just let the game end once the gates are open when more than two survivor are alive and have bt/Ds that can Bodyblock and switch.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Still pretty abusable, still doesn't do its job well. Thankfully most people don't seem to realise that there's plenty they can do without disabling DS, so at least that aspect is quite rare. Still, it should disable if the survivor does literally anything non-chase related, have infinite duration and double use.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501

I think for 10 seconds after the stun yeah no scratch blood trail or grunts of pain. Its dumb a nurse/spirit/wraith or really any killer can redown you quickly renduring the stun kinda useless and nothing against certain killers.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

DS 5 second stun can be quite useless against killers with powerful catch up powers like Nurse, Spirit, Deathslinger, but you can't assume that every killer is like that because against the ones that don't have those kind of powers (Myers for example), is perfectly strong.

It's pretty hard to buff DS without risking of making it way too strong.

MAYBE increase the stun to be like 8 seconds but if you bring Enduring, the killer recovers quicker like it used to work in the past, but even that could very well be a bad idea.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

i think the perk is fine where it is.

• it shouldn't allow for interaction (unhooking, repairing, etc.) if you were doing any of these, chances are you weren't being tunneled.
    • it already gives you a second chance not to get hooked again, use that time well. people can run the killer for hours and not use the perk.
    • the perk is anti tunnel as much as dropping a pallet is. and i mean, i don't think the perk is even anti tunnel. in fact i'd say it's pro tunneling.
    • the argument with it having extra uses is the same as saying your not good in a chase, but you can't just make it where the killer just cant chase and hook people. there are times you gotta go down and face the facts.
  • Bran
  • CheyeneKL

No yeah, I saw that other reply of yours, and I made sure I clarified in my reply that I was speaking solely on DS as it is now, not on your hypothetical change to it. If DS changed to activate twice then yeah, deactivating at EGC start makes sense and would only be fair. But as it stands, I think DS shines brightest in the end game.

I think your hypothetical change would be pretty good, but I also think the backlash would be something to be feared by BHVR, even though it makes sense that survivors should have SOMETHING to combat unpleasant killer behavior, in my opinion.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Its great. No more doing gens in killers faces and you get to use it when you're tunneled down.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I think it's perfect the way it is. You only get to use it if the killer is actually tunneling. People are just butt hurt they aren't invincible for 60 secs anymore.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Used to be too strong, now it's on the weak side.

I think it'd be perfect if it had a little something baked in that made it harder for the killer to shrug it off and come right back after you - maybe a 4-second 150% haste, maybe a Lucky Break effect for 10 seconds.

• Exxodus21

Of course there's a reason for it. It's an anti-tunnel perk. If you had time to be fully healed, you weren't being tunnled.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501

With ds's current restrictions? Meh. Havent been hit by a undeserved ds since the nerf.

• Bran

i looked at different patch noted for the perk, i saw it had different changes, but what "nerf" do these people be talking bout, the one that added those restrictions?

• CheyeneKL

-For the People

-Making a locker play in chase while having Inner Strength active

-Being given a syringe by the unhooked

-Insanely fast heal from someone running a healing build/We'll Make It

Do you still stand by your point?

• Exxodus21

Yes. With the exception of For the People all of those take time. Even then, you are a fully healthy survivor at that point and have all of the advantages of it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

What do I think of it?

It needs to be built-in, and not a perk.

• CheyeneKL

But why would that bother you or even matter?? By the time you down a fully healed survivor, DS has more than likely run out, because you don't just have to hit them once and then slug or pick up. You have to hit them twice and unless they're not very good at running, heal time+chase time= no more active DS.

It just doesn't make sense to me that any killer would be upset over DS still being active on fully healed survivors.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

It should be base kit, along with bond and kindred.