Why is the community so up in arms about noed?

TheDappaScrappa
TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I really don't get it. Like it's a very annoying perk to have to deal with and I know some feel like it "rewards bad playstyle for killers" and to some extent it does but that isn't always the case.

I will just use Trapper as an example who has to spend a lot of time setting up and collecting traps. Yes I know some players who use Trapper don't need noed to win before anybody says that but others might. I mean some survivors don't need dead hard or unbreakable to win but that doesn't stop them for using it?

Everybody cries to nerf freaking noed but I do not understand why instead of crying nerf what is so hard about just doing totems? And this is coming from a survivor main who hates noed, but still there are plenty of perks and items that help you spot totems to stop noed from even popping. I do not understand why there is so much complaining about a perk that is so easily counterable.

It doesn't need to be nerfed. It really doesn't. How many times do you see a survivor just notice a totem but decide to ignore it and go to a gen. And don't give me the "i don't have time to do gens and totems" excuse. If the killer has enough time to have to actively chase 4 survivors while protecting and kicking gens, you got ten seconds to cleanse a totem.

The only time its a real issue is when the killer is face camping a hook survivor after gens are done but still if you did totems during the game it wouldn't have been an issue. I really do not understand why people complain so hard about this.

Haven't had trouble with NOED for months I wonder why

Post edited by TheDappaScrappa on

Comments

• TheDappaScrappa

Thats how I feel about totem perks and honestly totems are always right there, I have spawned right in front of ruin or devour hope too many times to count and it came to the point where you kinda need undying to get any value from totem perks. When I played killer I thought the same way as you its a waste of a slot because 80% of the time they are cleansed at the get go lol

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Indeed. I guess I'm just lucky that I typically run Doctor, and so I don't have to depend on Hexes as, well, say the Blight would (who I do not play for that very reason). There are some Killers who absolutely rely on at least a single hex perk to function in the way that they're intended to (like Hag), and it's really a low-blow given that hexes have such a myriad of problems on their horizon... that's not to say that you HAVE to run hexes on the Blight or Hag, or likewise Killers, but it is certainly how you are MEANT to play them... this all comes down to BHVR's inability to hear the community, anyway.

• TheDappaScrappa

I main Trapper lol a killer who benefits from it but meh I just don't use it lol

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Another thing it’s been shadow buffed with new maps it’s harder to find dull totems but easier to find hex totems

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

*cough*

Because it's a "second chance perk"

*cough*

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I dislike noed for the same reason I dislike dead hard. mistake cover ups

• TheDappaScrappa

Is it a coincidence that why I use Detective Hunch I don't see noed pop and about 60-70% of the time i escape or even if i die 2-3 teammates leave? Maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are or the fact stands that you or the randoms just ignore totems. I have seen so many ppl leaving and winning games even against noed but it should be nerfed just because it ends in a loss for you and poor teammwork?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2021

What teamwork? You can't work together if you can't communicate. All you can do is throw the trial tripping over each other, or leave someone to die unfairly.

Edit: Seriously, you're trying to claim that totem hunting makes me dumb?

• TheDappaScrappa

Yeah it's another page in the "Survivor's Guide for Killers on DBD"

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

NOED is fine. Yeah it knda sucks when you've out played the Killer until the end of the game, but whatever.

The Totem can be broken so it has a hard counter and, if you are any decent at Killer, it's a wasted Perk slot.

• TheDappaScrappa

never called you dumb, just said either poor teamwork or just not as good as you think you are

and you don't need to communicate for good teamwork. I just had a game earlier today where on solo queue we all got a face camping/tunneling Spirit to rage quit cuz we worked as a team to protect the ace while she was tunneling tf out of him, no communication but still worked together.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    edited July 2021

Yeah once in a while, not sure why. Perhaps they feel the Killer they're running is weak and need the late game comeback or, just trolling, idk.

• TheDappaScrappa

That baffles me too, I always question when I see rank one use it lol

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

*Baits someone into coming back to a Dragon's Grip'd gen ONE TIME in a match using Insidious.*

"Insidious Bubba tunnelbasementcamper. GGEZ baby Killer."

"... I'm playing Trickster."

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
  • Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I enjoy playing with NOED. I had a match on cowshed as Spirit. I had 7 hooks and sacrificed 2 people when I saw last gen was popped. I downed the Felix when he left. I definitely worked hard for the first 10 minutes so getting that quick down was fun.

I had another match where I hooked 2 survivors by an exit gate and NOED was right between them lol

My build is pretty basic but fun; Ruin/Haunted Ground/Bitter Murmur/NOED.

• TerrorUnleashed

Yep. And that's the thing, people will complain about anything that they can't muster the strength and/or tactics to overcome or learn to counter. NOED is exceedingly easy to counter, yet people insist on whining and screaming at their screens and in these threads instead of learning to either...

A: (Counter perks with relative ease by practicing against them, time and time again)

B: (Getting over the fact that this game is a 'You win some you lose some' type of game and that loss is both an inevitable aspect of it and something that doesn't necessarily mean defeat)

Or

C: (Shut up and continue playing regardless).

But who I am kidding? Just playing a game for fun is far too complex a task for most internet dwellers on these forums...

• TerrorUnleashed

If you can't easily cleanse a totem, or in this instance, deal with NOED directly... I'm sorry for you. It is an almost useless perk with no proper application or augment to a Killer, yet you can't exploit that? Shame... it isn't that difficult, even on solo queues...

• TheDappaScrappa

Every post you said is completely true. Most survivors (not all) refuse to learn how to counter something or the even dumber route cry that is isn't fair that you have to use a perk to counter something that the killer can do. All I hear is "this is too strong nerf it" or survivors complaining about "rewards bad play/second chance perks" but hold on tightly to their meta build that is 3/4th second chance perks. There is nothing preventing any survivor to use any of the perks or items that counter something as stupid and simple as cleansing a totem. "Oh there isn't enough time to cleanse a tottem" excuse but yall waste how many seconds tea bagging a killer at the pallet or some stupid crap. I cannot tell you how many games I watch survivors follow the killer as he's chasing somebody else or just hiding behind a rock for nearly 30 seconds at a team multiple times but they come up with excuses that "there's no time to do bones".

People complaining that its uncounterable and you don't have time to cleanse a totem, how often are you on a hook and you see 3 other survivors in different parts of the map just urban evasioning? Or just crotched behind a tree or a rock? How often do you tea bag and click flashlights at killer or follow them in hopes of a pallet drop or flashlight save? There is plenty of time to find a totem. The devs made perks with designs you asked for to find totems and stuff and you still complain about having to find totems?

This game is filled with "I am bad going against this perk/killer so they need to be nerfed." For the love of god people just play the game learn how to counter and stop crying

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Foolishness= relying on hex perks to last and ignoring the totems because they are time consuming

• TerrorUnleashed

Every single word of this is music to my ears. I couldn't agree more.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

Noed did nothing for me the last guy was already injured and it was a yellow noed.

he still complained about it. Like what? It didn't do anything for me

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

The killer plays with essentially 3 perks for 95% of the match

Most of the time end game never triggers because all survivors are dead before gens are done.

if all gens are done there is also a chance all bones will be done.

So a killer is playing with 3 perks for most of the match and there is a chance the 4th perk will never activate.

• umad
    umad Member Posts: 57

NOED is a great way to force survivors to do totems, but it should be changed to be more like Rancor, like the killer can only one hit the obsession, or something along those lines, because it does reward bad play style.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I dislike noed because it's a stupid perk. There's not much else to it.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

Imagine a surv perk that allow them to move faster at egc and also the killer needs to hit them three times to put them in diying state. A mark could appear in any chest and if the killer hit it the perk doesn’t activate. I love to see it. I can imagine the rivers of tears in this forum

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I run it just in case they cleanse Ruin early. You almost need it in that case. At worst, they spent time cleansing most of my totems which gave me more time to play the game. At best, they didn't find NOED and I can get an easy one, maybe 2 depending on how absurdly altruistic they are being, they do that A LOT in my experience.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Although I don't play survivor much anymore, it was that its just unlikely to get all 5 totems cleansed in one game due to lack of communication available. I've had games where I've cleansed 3 or 4 totems, yet the rest of my team couldnt finish that last totem or two.

I'd be more than fine with NoeD in one of two cases.

The first option is that they make dull totems an actual secondary objective, cause as of now the most that they do is simply reward points with a chance of stopping a perk appearing at end game. Not everyone uses this perk and often it means you're team has collectively waisted 80 seconds in a match, which doesnt sound like a lot but it is actually a lot.

The second option, and the one I'd prefer, a totem counter at base. I remember being gutted when I found out this would be tied to a perk as although it allows you to receive information, it doesnt allow you to send any to your teammate. Even if said counter was located on your screen permanently, in shack, basement, or possibly a random point on the map, it would help greatly and would, in my eyes, make it so survivors have very little to complain about.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

I've been playing clown with NOED lately and due to his counter being pull the pallets early you rarely get quick hits against good survivors in the early game. But with NOED and using it right I've turned a 1 k in to a 3/4 k multiple times. I have zero sympathy for survivors. I use detectives and the amount of people who just walk past dull totems to rush the gens explains why noed is used so much.

• TheDappaScrappa

Small Game, Detectives Hunch, Maps, Counterforce all can be used to COUNTER yes counter NOED. If the perk doesn't pop or get used because survivors cleansed the totems in order to prevent it from being used, that is countering it oh "but go off"

Doing bones doesn't do anything if noed isn't there or it takes too much time if noed is there. Just like the rest of your post, an excuse. No matter how annoying noed is, its not even a good perk to run since most survivors with 40% brain function can find a totem and cleanse it on their way to a gen.

"Because your teammates carried your behind and the killers you've gone up against don't equip NOED"

Oh yeah my teammates carried me in every game and no killer I go against don't equipped noed"

What a lovely and yet extremely far assumption of a statement. Plenty of killers I go against run noed and nobody carried anybody, I guess I just had teammates smart enough to do totems and do gens. Don't blame a killer for using a perk that this game legit holds your hand to get rid of but you need to be cradled to have everything nerfed to hold your hand because you cannot "COUNTER" and easy perk to counter and instead of having a lack of skills or brains you need them to nerf it. Noed is annoying its not strong, its not op, and legit just punishes gen rushing and people who just decide to walk past an obvious totem because "oh its not worth my time"