The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just remove RCPD.

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Come on, you know it was a mistake, we get it, learn from it and move on.

Renew the licence contract, remove this map and we'll all be happy. Or make up some excuse, like performance issues. It's just that easy, come on.

Thank you devs!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

rpd is a great map. i personally cant collect enough rpd badges

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I wish they removed it. but no chances.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited August 2021

RPD being removed would be nice, but I feel like there's better ways to fix RPD. I personally want them to just split the map in half, so that we have two RPDs in smaller size. The RPD we have is too big honestly.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

It's not a good map for DBD but I still enjoy it.

They probably should've taken into account that a lot of people haven't played RE2 as much as some of us have, so they just end up frustrated. It would've been neat if they shook things up a bit and closed off certain floors or allowed us to play in the streets.

Like variant 1 is the first two floors, variant 2 is the basement and sewers, and variant 3 is the RPD grounds and streets of Raccoon.

• Looney
    Looney Member Posts: 16

It looks nice but it's terrible for DBD, especially for multiple killers like legion.

• Coder

People that say "I like it" probably mean they're RE fans or they like the aesthetics (the map is gorgeous, I won't deny that). Until now, nobody justified like "No, look, I'll explain to you why this is a good map for DBD". It's just not, it's not suitable for DBD, it's a maze with nonsensical pallets that are either too safe or too unsafe, there's no fun looping there, just a mess of hallways, doors too far apart I mean, if the killer found the hatch the survivor is gone, unless he's Trapper or Plague or runs whispers.

It's just a mess of a map. Beautiful, but non functional for DBD.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

nope, never played much of RE. I'm too stupid for puzzles.

• Coder

Oh, so that's just one personal quirk that applies to you. That doesn't mean we should all like it.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

Yep worst map in the game I've considered quitting the killer role just because this map is in the game

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I had a great match against a stealthy Myers, the long corridors and all the corners made it feel like a legit horror game. I didn't like the map before that, but now I like it a little bit more. I sure hope I get another match like that one again. I wouldn't mind if the map was divided in two as someone suggested, but I don't want it gone

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

It was a mistake they have spend half-year's worth of budget, so RPD is not going anywhere.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

One thing that really confuses me about it is the hatch situation. The hatch is almost impossible to find because it can spawn on any floor. I found it once with a map in a third floor broom closet or something.

Every other map the hatch can only appear on the first floor to make it less painful for everyone. Why the change for RPD?

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

Good luck trying to get licensed content removed from the game. If anything, this would only dampen relations between BHVR and Capcom, since you're tossing out already completed assets.

Sorry, but RPD is here to stay.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

Look - I used to speedrun RE2 and I'm gonna say as much as I love Resident Evil 2 - It's impossible to defend gens against above average survivors on this map. Not even good ones but just common sense survivors. If you check a gen and it turns out survivors weren't at that specific one you lose at least one gen minimum - This is why the middle generator is so important is because it's the easiest to defend.

We all know we can't just remove the map - However the map can be saved - Just make it so the realm is three separate maps - The West Wing, the East Wing and the entire map which is only available in custom games so people can still do it. The West and East Wing versions of the map should barricade off areas that shouldn't be accessible similar to how Resident Evil's older games had with arranged mode.

Here are the two main issues with RPD

Generator Placement - Literally every generator needs you to traverse through many hallways in a specific order to reach them - You cannot just go from A to B. You need to go from A to B to C to D to reach a landmark area.

The Exit Gates - Same issue as the generators - Incredibly difficult to patrol even one of these.

Either way - If the map was split into variants BHVR could even consider adding areas from the third floor although I doubt they go through with it.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Horrible map. Just had my first game there on Xbox as Ghostface. Extremely unstable; every corner was laggy, Survivors bunched up around one of the countless floors and the amount of bends, corridors and entryways are horrible. I swear there's like four dead-ends on the map. It shouldn't be that hard to secure even a kill. Not even enough space for stalking half the time... I have to rely on whatever rubble or lockers or the top interior level of the main hub just to 99% a Survivor with Ghostie...

And some people think this map fair? Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous...

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Because they are stupid. You have to learn the map layout, and its way better to do that when it is still a maze for most killers, rather than they know the map and you don´t. But my games on this map get better every time i get it.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

I just dont try to find it and camp the door. One time the killer closed the hatch only after 5 minutes. Idk whether he didnt find it or camped it, but he had no chance reaching the door after that in time.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

They increased the likelyhood to be in The Game so I doubt they will ever admit any mistake, they just spit in our face lmao.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

Yes, it looks good, but all three times I was on this map, it was a nightmare, both as a killer and survivor. Besides, it is the only map that lags and causes fps drops for me.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

That map is really nice. idk what your problem is, but I suggest you solve that problem.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Nah nah, remove Léry's. It's much worse in my opinion xd

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

People hated midwitch and that's a much more simple layout...4 levels on this map and ofc people will hate it haha. I'm on the fence tbh, i like the look and feel of the map but gameplay wise it's a nightmare to navigate and to perform well on with certain killer's. Plague's fountains spawn on literally all 4 levels , Can't projectile vomit through some vaults in the offices. Blight on that map is a bad collision fest, Doctor's illusions are very inaccurate on this map for example.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I think a better map would've been the outside area of the baker farm, it's open and has some buildings. Perfect balance of an indoor and outdoor map, would be really nice to see! 😄

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I never used map offerings until this map came out. Now I use them all the time just so I don't have to play on this #########

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

The map, by all means, just needs a few more lamps and an adventure line

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

You mean yourself and the majority of people complaining about this, as "all" does not include me.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I've only played it once 😂

We don't get maps no where near quick enough, its actually **** poor how little they release in terms of new maps or new variants for existing realms. 2 maps in 2 years and both are hated 🙄

Not good enough bhvr

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It goes to show that the devs don’t care about map balance when they release a map like that

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    edited August 2021

i like it and I'll play it everytime it appears

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Honestly i feel the same.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

RPD becomes alot easier to navigate and run loops on the more you play and learn the tiles.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

How about you just stop playing the game at this point?

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019

Learn the layout and git gud, instead of claiming removing it would satisfy all players. I like that map, you're not speaking for everyone.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

No thank you, I absolutely love that map as both survivor and killer.

The only map where everything is almost STATIC