The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stranger Things is (partially) leaving DbD

GentlemanFridge
GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

See the post below in case the link is borked for you as well.

Comments

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 456

We've lost our lease! Every Demogo must go!

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

The link does not work for me either.

How sad, i didn't see it coming... Just yesterday i was thinking of buying Nancy.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited August 2021

I mean, I'm happy that Hawkins is gone (but at the same time I might miss it), but... why...?

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Same! Maps are my absolute fav thing in this game and I love the lab!!!

I usually don't freak out over games but #########??????

Was their an issue with the license?

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

I honestly have no words for this, like I am really surprised this has actually happened,

• _kostas_pap_207
    _kostas_pap_207 Member Posts: 453

1. Why the chapter is leaving

2. Why THE MAP IS GOING TO BE DISABLED?!?!?!

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I need coffee... I woke up expecting more teases... now one of my fav maps is going forever? I feel like I'm in a bad dream ;_;

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

it might be that the licenseholders didn't agree to renew the license for whatever reason.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Wow... I mean i’m happy the Hawkins map will be gone but that’s sad they couldn’t renew the license.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Well, this is really, really, really stupid.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

1) Licencing expired and one of the two parties didn't want to, or couldn't, renew it.

2) Because it's Stranger Things content and the only content that will remain in-game is that already owned by players. As no player owns the map it will go.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

They like JUST added the Jonathan Byers legendary. Wonder what exactly made the license holder pull out/not renew.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

im really bummed, not only will new players not be able to purchase demo , steve , nancy, and johnathan. but they get rid of the map. i see no reason they cant leave the map in

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Anyone who bought the demogorgon, it's perks and outfits get to keep them.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

It will be a licensing issue for both I bet. Maybe bhvr wanted to re-license but the price went up or maybe they just planned to only license temporarily and this was inevitable.

I don't like the fact we are losing a map, especially since they don't release them for all new chapters now but there's nothing we can do about it.

• IlliterateGenocide

buy steve nancy and demo while u can

you can keep them after they leave!!!!

• _kostas_pap_207

Sooo less demo in the future....

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Thank God my version came with the chapter already installed

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
  • IlliterateGenocide

no all characters will stay if u have them allready, but nobody can buy him in the future, this litterly sucks so bad

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Yep, seriously i don't ######### about BHVR a lot but goddamn if you can't make a deal to keep the license forever (so that people can buy it forever and keep the map you made with the chapters) why the hell would you get the license? .....Like i'm disappointed in BHVR and i mean I already have the chapter but it's just wrong and really weird for that to happen in a game.

• _kostas_pap_207

But I think that if you play on ps4 and a friend gives you his account and you activate it you will get the chapter I think

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

No, this cannot be real.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559
    edited August 2021

There's a link the an FAQ on that page somewhere, though the forums don't seem to like that link:

F.A.Q | Stranger Things Last Chance Sale

By PeanitsLast Updated: 4:30 pm

Why will Stranger Things content not be available for purchase after November 17th at 2PM EST? 

As with all live-service games, frequent updates, additions, and the occasional change are to be expected. With Stranger Things, our focus continues to be ensuring the legacy of these characters within our game for fans who have purchased them or plan to do so by November 17th at 2 PM EST. With the exception of the Hawkins National Laboratory, all Stranger Things content surrounding Nancy, Steve, and The Demogorgon will remain part of the Dead by Daylight experience.   

What will be the last date to purchase the Stranger Things content and does it affect the download after the end date?

Fans of Stranger Things will be able to purchase the chapter until November 17th at 2 PM EST. So, we invite those who have yet to purchase Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington, and The Demogorgon as well as their respective cosmetics to do so before November 17th at 2 PM EST and ensure themselves ongoing access to this content moving forward! 

For Dead by Daylight Mobile, the Stranger Things content will also be available for purchase until October 17th at 2 PM EST.  

If I own the Stranger Things Chapter or individual characters, will I still be able to play with the characters after the removal? 

With the exception of the Hawkins National Laboratory Map, all Stranger Things content including characters, outfits, and perks will remain playable if purchased before November 17th at 2 PM EST. Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington, and The Demogorgon will continue to be part of the Dead by Daylight experience for all players. We invite fans who have yet to purchase these characters and cosmetics to do so before November 17th at 2 PM EST and ensure themselves ongoing access to this content moving forward!    

Will the map still be playable after November 17th at 2 PM EST?  

With the exception of the Hawkins National Laboratory Map, all Stranger Things content including characters, outfits, and perks will remain playable if purchased before November 17th at 2 PM EST.   

What will happen with the perks/shrine/add-ons? 

All perks, teachable perks and add-ons related to the Stranger Things characters will continue to be earnable/unlockable in those characters’ Bloodwebs. The Daily Rituals will also still be available for players who own the Stranger Things characters. Info on teachable perks & shrine in below question.   

What about achievements?

You don’t lose your progress on the characters that you already own. The Achievements will be made generic (so not specific to Stranger Things), and if you already had completed the achievement, the achievement will be automatically unlocked for you. 

What will happen to the teachable perks? 

Teachable perks for Steve, Nancy, and The Demogorgon will remain available to earn on those characters for players who own them, with new versions of these teachables being made available in the Shrine of Secrets to all players. Any player who has already earned a teachable perk will continue to have it available to learn on their other characters. 

Does this apply to all platforms, including mobile?  

Yes, this applies to all platforms and mobile.  

For Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Stadia, Nintendo Switch as well as Dead by Daylight Mobile: Stranger Things content won’t be available for purchase after November 17th at 2 PM EST.  

Will I be able to stream /play with Stranger Things characters? 

Stranger Things content downloaded before November 17th at 2 PM EST, with the exception of the Map, will remain available for players, streamers and influencers alike. So, we invite the Stranger Things fans who have yet to get the chapter to purchase it before that date in order to secure access to it and enjoy the series’ content. 

Does this situation also apply to other licenses? 

This only applies to the Stranger Things Chapter. 

What happens if I bought the characters with Auric Cells? 

You will be able to keep your characters even if you bought them with Auric Cells. 

Will we have other cosmetics created for the Stranger Things characters even if the content has been removed? 

No new content will be created after November 17th at 2 PM EST. However, with the exception of the Hawkins National Laboratory Map, all Stranger Things content including characters, outfits, and perks will remain playable if purchased before that date. 

Can we purchase Stranger Things characters’ outfits after November 17th at 2 PM EST if we already purchased the characters before November 17th at 2 PM EST? 

Fans of Stranger Things will be able to purchase the chapter and its related content until November 17th at 2 PM EST. So, we invite those who have yet to purchase Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington, and The Demogorgon as well as their respective cosmetics to do so before November 17th at 2 PM EST and ensure themselves ongoing access to this content moving forward! 

Can I be refunded if I bought the Stranger Things Chapter or Collection? 

All characters, cosmetics, and perks associated with the Stranger Things Chapter will remain fully playable if purchased before November 17th at 2 PM EST. Players owning any of these will experience zero change in gameplay or appearance, therefore no refunds will be issued. While the Hawkins National Laboratory Map will be removed, it and all the rest of our maps are free and have no charges associated with them. 

When is the Stranger Things sale starting?  

DLC Sale - August 18th to September 1st 

• Steam: 60% off ST DLC + 50% ST Edition 
    • PlayStation: 60% off ST DLC + 50% ST Edition 
    • Xbox: 60% off ST DLC + 50% ST Edition 
    • Stadia: 60% off ST DLC + 50% ST Edition 
    • Nintendo Switch: 60% off ST DLC 

In-game cosmetic sale - August 18th to September 8th 

• The Demogorgon – All outfits  
    • Steve Harrington – All outfits  
    • Nancy Wheeler – All outfits  

Character Sale – August 18th to November 17th  

• Steve, Nancy and Demogorgon

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

We paid money for a chapter and now a portion of it is being taken away? Great -.-

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Yes, I get that. My point is that it seems almost wasteful to throw all the design behind Demo away, right? Which makes me think they just might slap the same abilities/perks on a different character that will replace Demo in the store, at least eventually. Or something of the kind. Otherwise the players that come after us will forever be denied a long-lunging, portal opening character.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 459

So will the Generator Achievement tied to Hawkin's be removed from the game, auto completed or forever locked?

• IlliterateGenocide

they said they would be turned into generic achivements not tied to the dlc

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

it saddens me that there will be players who won't be able to use Second Wind....it brings tears to my eyes.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

They just announced the next season of Stranger Things and dropped the first teaser a week or so back, so could be something to do with that. I’m assuming Jonathan was agreed a while ago, he was leaked back in May so they started working on him before that.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

That first question is arguably the most important one, and it is the only one thathas what is essentially a non-answer.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

very weird... I mean I hate the map still weird to see it go 😔