The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Options

Comments

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

We wouldn't see updates with some performance fixes if that were the case.

As @Pulsar mentioned, those updates did nothing to the majority of console users.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

I'd say it isn't as bad as it was right after the RE patch or I'm just extremely lucky.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Given the fact that this thread was made 2 months before the RE patch released, it definitely was bad but the release of RPD didn't help.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2021
    Options

it happen when they updated the survivor models. the only quick fix would be to change them back and id be shock if lag still says.

like last year when they started updating the surrounding models they didn't pay any notice to what it will do us.

Ahh if could get rid of a prek right now it be sloppy cause its like I never did try to run.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    Options

it happen when they updated survivor change them back and it be funny if the lag stooped happening

ahh may as well not trying when pc have sloppy on

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Today I had fps drops in the lobby, in the 3rd game it started to freeze and I could tell by the campfire.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,426
    Options

The menus in general and the bloodwebs in particular have been slow lagginess for years now for me.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

It is ridiculous, all the menus should be fine, the defect that is now currently and this previous one in the photo is super fluid for me, in the ptb with the new lobby, my blood network freezes or when I want to open the files or choosing killers or if I make a move to my character to flip it, it doesn't make sense or it will be the type of background texture.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

I don't usually run DH so I haven't had to adjust to not having it, but even I know how useful it is when it works and gives that little bit of distance in a chase.

What I don't appreciate is hearing Twitchers say things like "hope I get some console players so they can stop in front of me when they Dead Hard..." and the like.

Revives my wish for a console-only Crossplay option whenever we go past regular unfair and dip into grossly unfair. Never happening I know...

• RodrigoL
    RodrigoL Member Posts: 50
    Options

Plain awful !! All exhaustion perks freezes my game, Lithe, DH, SB, unhook action or hooking ... fast vault sometimes freezes too ... as killer and survivor both sides with terrible freezes ... its sad to see the state dbd are ...

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    Options

A few months ago, my PS4 pro was automatically forced to shutdown due to overheat issue on loading screen. I have to repair disk and rebuild database after this.

When I submitted the ticket to report the issue to BHVR, and the ridiculous part is their reply simply short and simple: "We never heard about this issue before"

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Yeah we are definitely playing with fire with those fans even if nothing happened for years you never know. Our console could die eventually because of how dbd runs.

Yeah. First I was really for crossplay and looked forward to it but I changed my opinion. It is unfair and idc what others think. It is funny tho how despite everything we still give our best and if we play enough we are rank 1's anyway. Not that ranking is too hard but with our issues it is easy to mess up even simple things.

It is disgusting how elitist and disrespectful some pc players are towards us I am not going to lie but most of them (those with ego) probably suck at gaming so they turned to imbalanced dbd so they can let loose of their ego thinking they are "outplaying" someone by doing simple things.

I want to see them beat every rondo of blood boss with basic attacks without taking damage or something like that. Yeah never going to happen lol.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,095
    Options

Other day I went into the store to see something after a couple of matches. Was just scrolling on character screen and the game froze my entire ps4. The ONLY times my ps4 has ever fully frozen is with DBD, I've never had it happen with any other game. I managed to shut off my controller this time which seemed to override the freeze, got the "controller disconnected" error message, but I thought I was going to have to manually shut down my ps4. My husband was in the room and said it sounded like my ps4 was screaming from how loud the fans were.

I wish I could just drive the 5 hours up to Montreal with my ps4 and be like "here, use this none dev ps4 to see what your average console player deals with when playing live version of DBD." Honestly if they'd let me I'd do it if it meant helping to get a fix.

• Shaped
    edited August 2021
    Options

I bet no one would complain if they remove the fog but they obviously don't care since that can't be hard to do. I mean it is just changing simple screen a bit ffs.

• Shaped
    Options

I think the rift screen is the worst for me. I never experienced anything similar.

One time I had to do something and left it at the rift, my console was like a construction site lmao. I hope I didn't damage it too much by doing that.

We need to be careful with this game. I mean knock on wood I had this ps4 pro since 2017 and besides bad controllers I don't have much problem with the console itself to this day. Dbd destroying it would be a first time that my console gets effed by a bad optimised game.

And I owned every ps console except handhelds and ps5.

• Shaped
    Options

Btw forgot to report.

Anyone noticed freezing when demo just readies his power? As a survivor they basically freeze me in place when they do it and get a free hit or down because I can't move for few seconds.

• bm33
    Options

There's alot of unnecessary visual effects on loading and menus/lobbies. Like why in lobby when we ready up do survivors basically have glitter sparkles above their heads? There's 0 reason for it and just hurts performance. No reason for fog visual effects on loading screens, does nothing to enhance the experience and really doesn't look that great.

I can load up Borderlands 3 and have CL4P-TP dancing across for the loading bar or play Assassins Creed and run around with my guy waiting to load into the game and neither of those cause my fans to freak out like the fog effect in DBD.

• bm33
    Options

Yes. I just had a match v demo on the temple map and I had so many freezes when he'd travel. I'm guessing he was getting freezes too because there were quite a few times he should've had a hit but didn't make it.

• Shaped
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yeah if they are on last gen also they are obviously experiencing it too unfortunately.

Edit: Also had some unusually long freezes today. Like very long which kinda worries me that it got worse for some reason.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,750
    Options

Yeah, I have a Battlefront II edition PS4 Pro, and I'd be devastated if it got toasted. I don't even love Nu Star Wars or anything, but I unreasonably love this console. The only problem I ever have with it is this game. (And the controllers being way cheaplier made than their cost would suggest, but that's a separate matter.)

• Shaped
    Options

Drifting issues right? Ds4 is the worst controller EVER. Actually I'll probably have to buy 4th one soon instead of ssd lol.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

Some drifting issues, though that happens more with the Joycons on Switch. (Ugh, I hate the way new controllers all seem to have drift problems. You think controllers would get better, not worse, with each new system.)

Personally, the bigger problem I've had with DualShock controllers is their shoddy ports. My oldest developed an issue where it didn't seem to like any cord being plugged into the USB for charging, and worse actually it got this issue where it'd constantly think it had a headset being plugged in and out, in and out, constantly taking audio away from the TV or headset, whichever I was using. I have never plugged a headset into my new controllers because of that. I actually got a USB extension cord and a USB headphones adapter for plugging straight into the PlayStation USB ports. I probably get better sound that way, anyway.

My new controllers still developed difficulty charging through the USB port, but I got a charger station that uses the other ports for charging, instead, and that's worked perfectly so far.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Just so you are aware that I've been noticing frame drops on ps5 on certain maps .

🐖😑

It's not the level of ps4 that I experienced but still it's a worrying sign of things to come for those that think new gen will fix the issues .

Even tho I'm not active as I once was I truly hope for fixes for my console gamers new and old

And I salute @Pulsar for all his efforts for improving our gaming experience 🐽💗

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Hi @Darkskies miss you here! Very worring if you're experiencing issues with a PS5. What hope is there for us still trapped on the proir gen machines then...

• TragicSolitude
    Options

The fans got so loud on the Rift/Tome screens today it actually scared me. They should not be getting that loud.

So, I actually created a bug report. Because overheating can damage hardware, I consider it more pressing than performance (though, even running just a few degrees too hot can negatively impact performance). Please upvote it if you've experienced an issue with the fans getting too loud and/or the system overheating.

With how bad it's getting, I feel like this can't wait. And it shouldn't have to wait, either, given that the problem is worst on menu screens.

(It's not exclusive to menu screens, it happens in matches, too, but it's worst in areas where the special effects are ridiculously unnecessary. The best thing BHVR could do is immediately remove the VFX from out-of-trial areas and work on optimizing the effects within trials.)

With each update I get more and more worried that this is going to be the update that fries the system. I do not think my heart can take it getting worse with Pinhead's chapter. I am desperate to hear that this is a serious priority for the devs. Not the way general optimization is a priority, but the way the game crashing on all consoles or the Doc breaking DS were priorities.

👇️ 👇️ 👇️ 👇️ 👇️

• bm33
    Options

It is really bad and I think it does add to the performance issues. I notice the louder the fans are the worse the game runs. They definitely get louder on specific maps that have been having terrible performance.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

Yeah, specific maps are worse than others. I think it's the reworked maps specifically that cause the most problems for me. Clown's gas bottles and all those visual effects when I'm being sacrificed to the entity on the hook can really get the fans screaming. I've also noticed the fans sometimes seem to get louder and louder as I'm working on a gen.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

I find it funny because the only game that runs close to dbd level is a 30 man GTA 5 lobby, and that game was released years before dbd, has 6x the players in 1 lobby, is probably 300x bigger than a single dbd map, and overall has much more "stuff" in it than dbd such as the ocean, the literal sky etc.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

But then last gen console players would stop spending money and thats why they won't say yup its Fd and we don't know how to fix it

• Shaped
    Options

Which killers are freezing less frequently? Kinda felt like playing killer again after a long time. When I tier up as Myers my game freezes and survivors get distance so it doesn't feel that great.

Any killer that is not handicapped too much when using their power? I would guess trapper for example but not really a fan of him.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

As far as I can tell its all of them I've had the game freeze up multiple timd just on a basic attack on just about ever killer I got( i.don't have pyramid head, Nemesis,twins,legion,deathslinger,oin)

• JPLongstreet
    Options

As far as my Piggy only the hiccup I notice is at the start of her dash there's lag as her meter fills. Aside from that just the normal triggers like applying Sloppy or if MYC activates, bloodlust kicking in, the usual suspects.

• Shaped
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thanks. Never played her much tho but I already have her.

Might give her a spin. Need some decent perks on her first.

Legion is not that bad freeze wise. Playing them atm.

Edit: Also Spirit.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Many run Whispers and STBFL on her. Last time I rolled her out I ran Corrupt/Discordance/Nurses/BBQ for points.

• Shaped
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thanks for the perk suggestion. Appreciated.

Edit: Turned crossplay off and having a lot better time without dead hards freezing me in place. Don't wait too much for games either.

• madelinehope4
    madelinehope4 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The graphics quality of the game has declined steeply since the release of the Resident Evil chapter. It is getting difficult to decipher outfits from one another, Lockers are blurry, and environments are pixilated. I have been playing this game for just over a year and have fallen in love with it. I fear that I may be falling out of love with it do to the technical difficulties associated with gameplay.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Please, fellow console players, stop using Dead Hard. We just look stupid trying to use it:

• Mouth0fMadness
    Mouth0fMadness Member Posts: 43
    Options

Agree'd. I hope they fix the bug that makes it literally unplayable when using mouse and gamepad. Seriously, it drops to like 10fps if you even slightly touch the mouse while using your controller. They addressed it in the patch notes of 4.7.0 but no news about it since.

• bm33
    Options

This.

You can be frustrated but don't insult the devs, that won't get them to listen to you. We've had this post going for this long and have actually had a mod share some updates with us because while frustrated we are being civil.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    Options

Yeah, let's chill for another 3 years, then say it again !

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,541
    Options

We aren't chilling.

We've outlined our points, respectfully pushed and we have made progress.

Fixes don't come instantly, no matter how much we want them to.