• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:

Tsulan said:

After the recent BBQ nerf.
    Out of curiosity. 

You can camp all you want but you're gonna get gen rushed because you're not applying map pressure. Additionally, you also lose emblem points towards your Chaser category (I think, I never camped so I don't know what it takes points off of). I usually play strong killers like the Spirit who doesn't need to camp because she is strong enough to hook everyone 3 times on rotation. Overall, it comes down to your preference, if you camp then it's gonna be harder to rank up, especially against survivors who know how to punish it.

What's the point in ranking up? Rank 1 has long queues, gen rushers, expert loopers, death squads, and no reward for getting there.

On lower ranks you don't have those problems and even get more points.

So why bother?

You should want to play with people on your skill level. Essentially it should be easy until it gets hard enough that you don't rank up(they might need to expand the ranks a little though).

So i either have 1 short match every 45 minutes. Because the matchmaking can't find anyone on my rank or I play 4 matches on a lower rank in the same time. 
    Mhh what should it be...
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Strange survivor logic.
    They do not get tired of explaining how bad it is to camp for the killer.
    But instead of just taking advantage of it, they try to educate killer how to play "better".
    So the mouse is teaching the cat how to chase better?
    Or does the mouse just want to take the cheese while the cat is looking around?^^

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Delfador said:
    If survivors are too close to hook, camp.
    If survivors are too far away from the hook, camp.
    If you see 3 survivors working on other 3 generators and 70 seconds passed, think that they are going to finish the generators anyway, camp.
    If the survivors have certain perks, camp.
    If survivors are gen rushing and you lost 3 gens before your first down, camp.
    If your ruin and 5 gens up but you managed to get one down, take advantage of it, kill him so that you can have a better match with 3 people for the rest of the trial, camp.

These are the excuses I have heard from the killers. Killers who don't camp still don't camp. This patch didn't change anything for campers or tunnelers, didn't create 'more camping' killers.

These kind of threads where killers say that they are going to camp more because x happened doesn't change anything. Truly pointless.

Agreed and it made me think of all the ones from the vocal minority of survivors that say they'll just teabag more after a change.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options
    I didn't know an excuse was needed to camp. 

I will update my guide accordingly. 
  • powerbats
    Options

@Raccoon said:

Priceless, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that.

• Tsulan
    Options
    Killers who are prone to camping will find any excuse to camp. Survivors who are prone to rushing the hook and playing super aggressively will find any excuse to accuse the killer of camping and then BM.

Nothing has changed. You're not better than anyone else, @Tsulan. And you really need to work on constructing logical arguments instead of being so reliant on drama, playing the victim and being divisive.
    I never claimed to be better.
    As I said in the first post. I'm curious to see if people camp more.

I expect this change to backfire. But maybe I'm wrong. I was wrong about survivors sabotaging. No one does this, despite it being incredibly powerful. 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Straight up camping more? No, perhaps not. Or perhaps?

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26
    Options

On the rare occasion I play Killer, if I hook someone I just start patrolling the generators again. If there's a generator nearby, obviously I'll patrol that one first. In most cases they will save the guy on the hook and I'll just circle back and get them (usually the same guy I just hooked).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Ew no.

• powerbats
    Options

@Tsulan said:

I expect this change to backfire. But maybe I'm wrong. I was wrong about survivors sabotaging. No one does this, despite it being incredibly powerful. 

I've had 1 match with someone saboing hooks or it was the new perk but generally saboing is only done during dailies. Well that and the the killer is most likely going to camp you and then afterwards apologize when they realize it was a sabo daily.

• Dragon_of_Fantasy
    Dragon_of_Fantasy Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

Nope, still about the same amount before the nerf. Kind of sad if killers really need it when there are other builds to use. 

• Tsulan
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

Nope, still about the same amount before the nerf. Kind of sad if killers really need it when there are other builds to use. 

BBQ is the killers WGLF. So why no use it?
  • Raccoon
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

God forbid people play however they want within the confines of the game. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

I've had 1 match with someone saboing hooks or it was the new perk but generally saboing is only done during dailies. Well that and the the killer is most likely going to camp you and then afterwards apologize when they realize it was a sabo daily.

There is a difference whether you sabo a random hook on the other side of the map of a hook the killer is
    trynig to hook his victim. AFter you denied me a hook this way, I will assume you will do so with every other hook and you can enjoy a nice slugging round :wink:

• powerbats
    Options

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

There is a difference whether you sabo a random hook on the other side of the map of a hook the killer is
    trynig to hook his victim. AFter you denied me a hook this way, I will assume you will do so with every other hook and you can enjoy a nice slugging round :wink:

I can understand that but there's been times I've been saboing a hook and a tier I Myers brings someone around a corner and to the hook I'm saboing for my daily.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

I can understand that but there's been times I've been saboing a hook and a tier I Myers brings someone around a corner and to the hook I'm saboing for my daily.

Sure, that might happen once every 2 billion games. :smile:

• powerbats
    Options

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Sure, that might happen once every 2 billion games. :smile:

More often than that and i've had it happen when I'm killer as well playing Shape, M&A killers are also ones that have it happen But then I usually get rid of sabo dailies anyways.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Idk why they nerfed BBQ it was such a good perk for weaker killers. Are they seriously going to make the game as survivor tilted as it was in September 2017? I've been asking for buffs to survivor but I only meant SOLO survivor and not these game breaking mechanics where BBQ gets hard countered by one perk? ######### devs that sucks.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

SWF is just so strong right now it's unreal.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Mashtyx1 said:
    @Tsulan Not to argue because this community is just... wow. But isn't saying  "The devs gave it to killers to prevent camping." Still an excuse? Like think about it... People argue camping is bad and not making the game fun and all I see as a come back is, "it's a legitimate strategy" or "the devs gave it to us to reduce campong!" But that's just an excuse to prove your point? Without actually sitting down and having a discussion. Though I know this community and oh boy can 99% of it not actually have a normal conversation.
    How is a statement from the devs an excuse? Its prettymuch gospel of why they implemented BBQ... before BBQ camping was a massive problem... since BBQ only noob killers or killers that just wanna see the salt drip off the survivor while on the hook camp... 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Bravo0413 said:
    Mashtyx1 said:
    @Tsulan Not to argue because this community is just... wow. But isn't saying  "The devs gave it to killers to prevent camping." Still an excuse? Like think about it... People argue camping is bad and not making the game fun and all I see as a come back is, "it's a legitimate strategy" or "the devs gave it to us to reduce campong!" But that's just an excuse to prove your point? Without actually sitting down and having a discussion. Though I know this community and oh boy can 99% of it not actually have a normal conversation.
    How is a statement from the devs an excuse? Its prettymuch gospel of why they implemented BBQ... before BBQ camping was a massive problem... since BBQ only noob killers or killers that just wanna see the salt drip off the survivor while on the hook camp... 
    Amen!
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

Aw, so this is the new excuse.

You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right?

If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near. 
    With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.

Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 
    Especially if someone other than Jeff is running Distortion. 

Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot    camping is a legit strategy

If survivors are attempting to unhook someone it is. Otherwise its a waste of time.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30
    Options

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

Exactly my sentiment. No one needs an excuse to play the way they want.

• Raccoon
    Options

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCqF_NtpOQ

• Tsulan
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    You can camp all you want but you're gonna get gen rushed because you're not applying map pressure. Additionally, you also lose emblem points towards your Chaser category (I think, I never camped so I don't know what it takes points off of). I usually play strong killers like the Spirit who doesn't need to camp because she is strong enough to hook everyone 3 times on rotation. Overall, it comes down to your preference, if you camp then it's gonna be harder to rank up, especially against survivors who know how to punish it.
    What's the point in ranking up? Rank 1 has long queues, gen rushers, expert loopers, death squads, and no reward for getting there.

So why bother?
    I'll rather play at my entitled rank than derank to bully survivors with my Spirit. People who derank want easy games but they don't know that they are ruining the experience for the survivor side since they are less experienced than you.
    You wrote "I rather sit in a queue" wrong. 

Why should I care for them? They sure as hell don't care for me.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    I haven't noticed any difference in my playstyle, just going after bps is my main goal, plus I still run bbq, it's all for that bonus BP. I think of it this way, the aura reading is that nice yummy steak which is the main course but then theres that delicious side of mashed potatoes that's just as good as the main thing which in this case is the bonus BP. But I love mashed potatoes more than any other side so I guess I'm a bit biased here :blush:
  • sadmuffins13
    sadmuffins13 Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If the killer is camping you punish them with a gen rush. That’s the counter play. To many times I see survivors try to risk their lives and pay for it. Like if it’s leatherface you know there is a high chance your being camped so be prepared LOL. If I camp it’s because I would like to solidify one sacrifice if I had a bad game or if I was dealing with a really toxic survivor. 
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

So why bother?
    I'll rather play at my entitled rank than derank to bully survivors with my Spirit. People who derank want easy games but they don't know that they are ruining the experience for the survivor side since they are less experienced than you.

I only want to chime in on this point... The idea of a ranking system like this is stupid for that very reason. You shouldn't seperate ranks and skills of players in the first place.

The reason some players plateau or get stuck floating at a certain rank is they don't challenge themselve against people who are better. Its basically fighting games 101, play better people and become better. And babysteppping into it as the ranks intend is a diservice to anyone who actually wants to get better.
  • Dragon_of_Fantasy
    Dragon_of_Fantasy Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

BBQ is the killers WGLF. So why no use it?
    I'm assuming you're questioning killers camping more because of the nerf to BBQ on aura readings due to lockers and the distortion perk.

I can make my comment more clear with what I'm saying. If killers camp because they are upset that BBQ was nerfed on aura readings, it's sad that they can't find another build to use.
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.

If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

When the "way they want" is detrimental to everyone involved, even themselves, yes you need an excuse. Camping hurts both sides. Nobody wants 10k point games where you barely single pip.

• purebalance
    Options

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping.

I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

@purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape.

...I literally said it's a legit strategy just like camping is. I don't even camp but I think it's funny survivors call it out like it's the worst thing you can do and then run in circles all game. Both are strategy. Running in circles works better but that doesn't mean a killer can't camp if they want to.

• purebalance
    Options

@scorpio said:

@purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

...I literally said it's a legit strategy just like camping is. I don't even camp but I think it's funny survivors call it out like it's the worst thing you can do and then run in circles all game. Both are strategy. Running in circles works better but that doesn't mean a killer can't camp if they want to.

Camping is not a legit strategy. It's not bannable, but it's no longer supported. If it was, there wouldn't be an emblem penalty(albeit a practically nonexistent one) which implies the devs think it shouldn't be happening unless survivors are right there.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

@purebalance
    Lmao 360 = garbage? Learn to aim/counter it
  • Raccoon
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The LOL button is sorely needed. 
    Post edited by Raccoon on
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

I only camp when the exit gates are open.

And when there is that survivor flashlight clicking and teabagging.

• Raccoon
    Options

You can camp if and when you want to.

"Oh, but it doesn't work at high ranks and you'll only get like 10k."

Except I had a topic where I posted a bunch of games (in a row) camping vs SWF throughout the red ranks wherein my score generally ended up being at least 20k consistently.

It's too bad it got shut down and all the images deleted :D

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

So why bother?

Imagine getting destroyed by a omegablink nurse every game as a survivor Tsulan. You wouldn't have as much fun because you never had a fair chance to play survivor, right? Consequently, when you derank as a killer, you're becoming that Nurse in the situation described above and ruining the fun of the survivor side because you don't wanna play at your entitled rank. It's ridiculous Tsulan, there's no reason to camp and derank over a BBQ nerf. I'll say one thing, I, Nickenzie had to "git gud" like the other killers and don't rely on the perk to find survivors. You should do the same to improve your killer gameplay as you are severely lacking in the hunting category.
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Avariku said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

So why bother?

I was going to point out to Nickenzie that they/you DO know you're ruining the game for the less experienced players and the fact that you openly admit it is rather sad, honestly. 

It explains, quite clearly, the type of player you are and really discredits any kind of point you try to make when it's clear you would rather just play easy mode at the expense of anyone else's ability to be able to enjoy the same game, regardless of balance. 

as you've said, "why should they care for you, you sure as hell don't care for them".... the major difference here is that YOU are going out of your way to get into lower ranks and ruin their fun... while they are just trying to play the game. 
    I'm not going out of my way to derank. I currently have very little time to play. Like 30 minutes at most. Can't wait in the lobby for that time. So after the reset I don't really try to kill. After the rank reset I still sit on rank 12. I don't camp, I don't tunnel, I go for the unhooked survivor, etc. I'm playing suboptimal to avoid piping. 

For example, I hooked a guy twice and when he was on his third hook I carried him to the basement and dropped him in front of the hook. If that's not a clear sign of "I don't want to kill" then I don't know what is. Wanna know what my reward was? "gg ez" from that exact player.

But please keep explaining to me how I am ruining the experience for them.