If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Who started to camp more?

Options
Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
After the recent BBQ nerf.
Out of curiosity. 

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    JanTheMan said:
    Aw, so this is the new excuse.
    You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right?

If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near. 
    With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.

Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 
    Especially if someone other than Jeff is running Distortion. 
    But u know that u can counter BBQ&C by standing behind a gen aswell right? 
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options
    JanTheMan said:

With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.

Before even Jeff arrived most of the killers I encountered was using bbq for more relax camping. They make sure everybody far away from the hook so break pallets and gens still have time for a tea break. 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    JanTheMan said:

Yeah, but apparently that wasn't enough. 
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    This fourm just makes me laugh even more at how whiny some players/Survivors are, lot of ya are some entitled pieces of work......
  • BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    JanTheMan said:

You come up with the silliest comments.
    You didn't know you could already hide behind generators when a survivor is being hooked and the killer wouldn't see you?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    JanTheMan said:

Yeah. Not as well before they solidified gen auras, but it was possible. 
    Lets not pretend it's as powerful as not having an aura at all, though.
  • Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    @Tsulan No I mean this community is toxic. Its easy to trigger anyone in this community by doing the smallest thing that doesn't fall under their ideas and you know opinions, if you camp someone on the other side is just like "REEEEEE!!! You suck git gud scrub!" Sure they put it in the game for that but your still using it as an excuse to get a killers point across without actually sitting down and talking about it. You could look at it when a survivor says "gen rushing is playing the objective!" Like yeah no sh** but it doesn't change the fact that gen time is a problem and instead of being toxic c**ts to each other maybe we should talk about a possible solution and stop making excuses.
  • Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    @Master +1 LOL
  • Rebel_Raven
    Options
    BigBubs said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    JanTheMan said:

You come up with the silliest comments.
    You didn't know you could already hide behind generators when a survivor is being hooked and the killer wouldn't see you?

Yeah, killers could see through the clear gen aura some times. It was a half measure. Not a full counter. 
    If you thought you hid, it's entirely possible the killer saw a better target.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Mashtyx1 said:
    @Master +1 LOL

Its sad, especially since I played a non-viable killer and 4ked without a single gen done. Guess the survivors will never change^^

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Who still uses BBQ for any reason other than BP??
  • Rebel_Raven
    Options
    Thinking about it, most still probably use it for both. 
    Use aura reading to find a survivor you haven't hooked, go after them, hook, get more BP.

The aura reading helps the main event. The BP getting. 
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
    Me.  I like having an idea of which Jigsaw Box someone might be headed to, especially if I have reason to suspect either that their timer is low or that the box they're headed to is the last one they need to check.
  • Tsulan
    Options

I usually have a reason for camping. So far the BBQ change hasn't really affected it. I do it when it's necessary and don't when it's not.

But have no fear! No matter how I play, even when I don't camp, I will get called a camper post game in about a third of the games I play

But that's normal. I usually don't camp. But still get called out for camping. 
    Then I see them again and suddenly I feel the urge...
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

As a killer, I'm camping if I need to and the BBQ nerf hasn't made me do it more or less. As a survivor, I'm getting camped just as much as before. No difference that I can tell.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    I have seen players use BBQ but I haven’t faced anyone who would camp me. And even if they did, then hey 🤷🏾‍♂️. Everyone have their own tactics on how they play. 

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I still play the same, just not nearly as much after 2.4.0. The game's in a pretty bad state.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Attackfrog said:

I usually have a reason for camping. So far the BBQ change hasn't really affected it. I do it when it's necessary and don't when it's not.

But have no fear! No matter how I play, even when I don't camp, I will get called a camper post game in about a third of the games I play

idk why you would. Camping typically hurts only 2 people: the survivor on the hook and you. Meanwhile you give the other 3 a boon.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

If i see someone as i'm taking someone to the hook i will hard patrol otherwise i go looking for people.

• Rebel_Raven
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    JanTheMan said:

Camping just because you didn't see BBQ proc is a ridiculous excuse. I run BBQ on all of my killers who have it and even if I don't see someone I move along. You do realize it's more points and potentially faster for you if the survivor gets insta saved right?

Just playing Devil's advocate here.
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,422
    Options
    It really doesn’t change my play style as killer, the only time I camp is when Survivors give me a reason to, like hook blocking or just constantly t-bagging.
  • Tsulan
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Attackfrog said:

idk why you would. Camping typically hurts only 2 people: the survivor on the hook and you. Meanwhile you give the other 3 a boon.

It's not about the money. 
    It's about sending a message. 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    That's a poor excuse. You would have a point if killers weren't aware of the changes, but since that's not the case everyone knows that not seeig auras doesnt mean the other survivors are close to the hook. If a killer decides to camp for that reason it's because:
    A ) ignores the new game mechanics
    B ) doesn't give a damn about bps

When i play as a killer i couldn't care less about survivors being close to the hook. The more time i spend looking for them the more time i'm giving them to finish the gens.

PS: true campers were camping even with the old bbq anyway.
    Not a poor excuse. If I can't see any auras, I have to assume that the survivors are close by. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    You can camp all you want but you're gonna get gen rushed because you're not applying map pressure. Additionally, you also lose emblem points towards your Chaser category (I think, I never camped so I don't know what it takes points off of). I usually play strong killers like the Spirit who doesn't need to camp because she is strong enough to hook everyone 3 times on rotation. Overall, it comes down to your preference, if you camp then it's gonna be harder to rank up, especially against survivors who know how to punish it.
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    You can camp all you want but you're gonna get gen rushed because you're not applying map pressure. Additionally, you also lose emblem points towards your Chaser category (I think, I never camped so I don't know what it takes points off of). I usually play strong killers like the Spirit who doesn't need to camp because she is strong enough to hook everyone 3 times on rotation. Overall, it comes down to your preference, if you camp then it's gonna be harder to rank up, especially against survivors who know how to punish it.
    What's the point in ranking up? Rank 1 has long queues, gen rushers, expert loopers, death squads, and no reward for getting there.

On lower ranks you don't have those problems and even get more points.

So why bother?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    That's a poor excuse. You would have a point if killers weren't aware of the changes, but since that's not the case everyone knows that not seeig auras doesnt mean the other survivors are close to the hook. If a killer decides to camp for that reason it's because:
    A ) ignores the new game mechanics
    B ) doesn't give a damn about bps

When i play as a killer i couldn't care less about survivors being close to the hook. The more time i spend looking for them the more time i'm giving them to finish the gens.

PS: true campers were camping even with the old bbq anyway.
    Not a poor excuse. If I can't see any auras, I have to assume that the survivors are close by. 
    @Tsulan
    Or maybe they are inside lockers or running distorsion, and you know it.
    You wanna use it as an excuse to camp? Fine, but you know that not seeing auras with bbq doesn't necessarily mean they are close by anymore.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:

Tsulan said:

Out of curiosity. 

What's the point in ranking up? Rank 1 has long queues, gen rushers, expert loopers, death squads, and no reward for getting there.

On lower ranks you don't have those problems and even get more points.

So why bother?

You should want to play with people on your skill level. Essentially it should be easy until it gets hard enough that you don't rank up(they might need to expand the ranks a little though).

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

@purebalance said:

@Tsulan said:
    Attackfrog said:

Not if 2-3 survivors are rushing the hook....or better, I go kick a gen and see two running toward the hook. I go chase them and get called a camper post game.

It's ok, though, because sometimes I facecamp at hook, go afk to pee come back and see two survivors flashlight clicking and tbagging me lol.

Some people just never learn: they had free reign of map while I derp around at hook. And yet...there they are, derping just as much as me.

Makes them no better.

• Tsulan
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Survivors will keep asking for BBQ nerfs and because killers just keep on playing normal, they'll get more nerfs. 

Face camping was removed with the introduction of swivel hooks. Survivors kept calling it face camping and the devs penalized staying close to the hook.
    Survivors still complain about face camping. So what it's gonna be the next time? No hook progress when the killer is close? I've seen enough survivors asking for it. Yes it was tested and abused. But the devs will give in. They always do.

Yes lets keep up with the histrionics ehre that it's always the devs giving in and not making qol changes here. If it changes something for killers it's giving into survivors whining. If it changes something for survivors it's devs giving into survivors whining.

This is what I've been talking about making excuses both sides or conspiracy theories on both sides since everything is being done to screw their side over.

when killers could body block and prevent any type of unhook from happening it needed to be changed and you know it. Yet you blame survivors for whining about it instead of killers abusing a game mechanic. When Sabo squads could rob the killer of every hook on the map killers like you complained about it.

So the devs made a qol change on sabo but if we use your logic the devs CAVED into killers complaining and not making a qol change.

The hard camping around the hook needed to be changed to incentivize moving away from the hook, you got BBQ as such a thing and now your whining about being penalized. Well lets see you only get penalized on chaser emblem and only after a duration that to really hurt takes a while of camping.

For most killers it's not a big deal yet here you are blaming survivors for the few killers that camp because they're either jerks or they have no skill. Down someone at 5 gens and cmap them and then complain about gen rush.

So seriously just stop with the histrionics it makes you look foolish and you know for a FACT they won't stop hook progress just because someone's close. It's like you and the tiny minority on both sides have to constantly make excuses and drama and play the victim.

I don't see @Orion or @SovererignKing or quite a few of the others being drama queens on the killer side nor are they dropping conspiracy theories left and right or playing the victim. The games improved by leaps and and bounds but somehow it's magically still impossible for killers according to some on here.

So killers body blocking the hook was bad and unfair. But survivors body blocking the hook is good and fair.

Got it!

It took the devs 1 week to nerf Freddy. But it takes them over a year to buff him.
    DS nerf was mentioned half a year ago and we still have no ETA. 
    Bloodlust was supposed to activate faster to compensate for the speed nerf. But they only nerfed the speed to make chases more fun.