Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    After the recent BBQ nerf.
    Out of curiosity. 

Nope, still about the same amount before the nerf. Kind of sad if killers really need it when there are other builds to use. 

BBQ is the killers WGLF. So why no use it?
    I'm assuming you're questioning killers camping more because of the nerf to BBQ on aura readings due to lockers and the distortion perk.

I can make my comment more clear with what I'm saying. If killers camp because they are upset that BBQ was nerfed on aura readings, it's sad that they can't find another build to use.
    Problem is, that at least I'm playing for points. I don't care for kills or pips. I just want to get as many points as possible. BBQ doubles them. That's a huge incentive to hook everyone once. Now we get several players with the same outfit. I could accidentally tunnel, because I think I got a unhooked survivor. 
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139
    Options

if all camp , this game will be a wonderfull game... camping its glory

• Tsulan
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    You can camp all you want but you're gonna get gen rushed because you're not applying map pressure. Additionally, you also lose emblem points towards your Chaser category (I think, I never camped so I don't know what it takes points off of). I usually play strong killers like the Spirit who doesn't need to camp because she is strong enough to hook everyone 3 times on rotation. Overall, it comes down to your preference, if you camp then it's gonna be harder to rank up, especially against survivors who know how to punish it.
    What's the point in ranking up? Rank 1 has long queues, gen rushers, expert loopers, death squads, and no reward for getting there.

On lower ranks you don't have those problems and even get more points.

So why bother?
    I'll rather play at my entitled rank than derank to bully survivors with my Spirit. People who derank want easy games but they don't know that they are ruining the experience for the survivor side since they are less experienced than you.
    You wrote "I rather sit in a queue" wrong. 

Why should I care for them? They sure as hell don't care for me.
    Imagine getting destroyed by a omegablink nurse every game as a survivor Tsulan. You wouldn't have as much fun because you never had a fair chance to play survivor, right? Consequently, when you derank as a killer, you're becoming that Nurse in the situation described above and ruining the fun of the survivor side because you don't wanna play at your entitled rank. It's ridiculous Tsulan, there's no reason to camp and derank over a BBQ nerf. I'll say one thing, I, Nickenzie had to "git gud" like the other killers and don't rely on the perk to find survivors. You should do the same to improve your killer gameplay as you are severely lacking in the hunting category.
    I think you don't really grasp what depiping means. That omegablink nurse would pip and leave the noob ranks faster than she blinks.

I never said I ruin the game for new players. 
    I never said that I depip to bully new players. 
    I only said that I don't want to wait 45 minutes on rank 1 to play. And that I don't care for the fun of the others, since they don't care for mine. 

Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing. 

I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have.

I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you...
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Raccoon said:
    The LOL button is sorely needed. 

Here use this, I made it after they removed the Lol button.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 
    You can camp all you want but you're gonna get gen rushed because you're not applying map pressure. Additionally, you also lose emblem points towards your Chaser category (I think, I never camped so I don't know what it takes points off of). I usually play strong killers like the Spirit who doesn't need to camp because she is strong enough to hook everyone 3 times on rotation. Overall, it comes down to your preference, if you camp then it's gonna be harder to rank up, especially against survivors who know how to punish it.
    What's the point in ranking up? Rank 1 has long queues, gen rushers, expert loopers, death squads, and no reward for getting there.

So why bother?
    I'll rather play at my entitled rank than derank to bully survivors with my Spirit. People who derank want easy games but they don't know that they are ruining the experience for the survivor side since they are less experienced than you.

Imagine getting destroyed by a omegablink nurse every game as a survivor Tsulan. You wouldn't have as much fun because you never had a fair chance to play survivor, right? Consequently, when you derank as a killer, you're becoming that Nurse in the situation described above and ruining the fun of the survivor side because you don't wanna play at your entitled rank. It's ridiculous Tsulan, there's no reason to camp and derank over a BBQ nerf. I'll say one thing, I, Nickenzie had to "git gud" like the other killers and don't rely on the perk to find survivors. You should do the same to improve your killer gameplay as you are severely lacking in the hunting category.
    I think you don't really grasp what depiping means. That omegablink nurse would pip and leave the noob ranks faster than she blinks.

I only said that I don't want to wait 45 minutes on rank 1 to play. And that I don't care for the fun of the others, since they don't care for mine. 

Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing. 

I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have.

I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you...
    "I never said I ruin the game for new players. 
    I only said that I don't want to wait 45 minutes on rank 1 to play. And that I don't care for the fun of the others, since they don't care for mine."

I understand that but by depiping for faster queue times, you're also going against less experienced survivors which in turn, ruins their experience. Yes, I know you have good intentions but you're doing damage to the players who just want a fair game.

"
    Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing."

Your thread title states, "Who started to camp more?" And your OP says, "After the recent BBQ nerf. Just curious." Knowing this, if you are camping because of the BBQ nerf then you are definitely not rank 1 or at least, you're boosted. I don't mean this to be rude but camping over a BBQ nerf (something that helps with tracking survivors) shows you're severely lacking as a killer with tracking survivors. There are other perks such as Discordence, Bitter Murmur, Rancor, and etc can compensate for the lack of tracking that you're severely lacking.

"
    I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have."

Play survivor? Usually if you're not getting matches as a killer, that means there are too many killer's in queue. Besides, I thought survivor was easy according to what you say so there should be no problem there.

"
    I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you..."

If this is your honest word then fine, have fun with handicapping yourself. Eventually you'll get bored with the inexperienced survivors and will want to actually have a balanced game where both sides have the same experience. Nevertheless, even with playing fair, you're still not giving the survivors a fair chance because you're just simply more experienced then them. You know the mind games and how to handle chases, they don't know much meaning you're gonna destroy them regardless how fair you play.

Overall, this excuse of BBQ nerf is the reason I camp is so immature. If you're gonna depip due to camping to compensate for the nerf as you'll get less prowess survivors then you're acting very frivolous about the situation.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

The only types of players that camp (from the start) camping near end game I think is reasonable in most peoples eyes.

1. Just doing it to annoy a player.
    2. Are just bad players.

The whole BBQ excuse is ridiculous, what is it, 40 metres? That's pretty huge, anyone passing through a 40 metre radius and not showing up is honestly the pettiest excuse for camping honestly.

I run BBQ and it's mostly for the points because half the time I forget to even look around, especially as huntress because I'm searching lockers for more hatchets.

Get good people, more practice means you wont have to camp as much!

• Tsulan
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

So why bother?

I only said that I don't want to wait 45 minutes on rank 1 to play. And that I don't care for the fun of the others, since they don't care for mine."

I understand that but by depiping for faster queue times, you're also going against less experienced survivors which in turn, ruins their experience. Yes, I know you have good intentions but you're doing damage to the players who just want a fair game.

"Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing."

Your thread title states, "Who started to camp more?" And your OP says, "After the recent BBQ nerf. Just curious." Knowing this, if you are camping because of the BBQ nerf then you are definitely not rank 1 or at least, you're boosted. I don't mean this to be rude but camping over a BBQ nerf (something that helps with tracking survivors) shows you're severely lacking as a killer with tracking survivors. There are other perks such as Discordence, Bitter Murmur, Rancor, and etc can compensate for the lack of tracking that you're severely lacking.

"I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have."

Play survivor? Usually if you're not getting matches as a killer, that means there are too many killer's in queue. Besides, I thought survivor was easy according to what you say so there should be no problem there.

"I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you..."

If this is your honest word then fine, have fun with handicapping yourself. Eventually you'll get bored with the inexperienced survivors and will want to actually have a balanced game where both sides have the same experience. Nevertheless, even with playing fair, you're still not giving the survivors a fair chance because you're just simply more experienced then them. You know the mind games and how to handle chases, they don't know much meaning you're gonna destroy them regardless how fair you play.

Overall, this excuse of BBQ nerf is the reason I camp is so immature. If you're gonna depip due to camping to compensate for the nerf as you'll get less prowess survivors then you're acting very frivolous about the situation.
    I'm not boosted or anything. I was just curious on who camped more. Since I honestly think that this nerf will backfire. 

I started playing 2 years ago. When there were no tracking perks. So I have a pretty good idea on where to search survivors. 

I repeat, I usually don't camp but I want to know who started to camp more.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Not really, I still pretty much only facecamp Decisive and tbaggers.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I've camped exactly 2x in my entire DBD time one was a sabo Jake that kept doing it on the other side of the wall from me and kept evading really well. He'd sabo hooks in front of me as well but the only hooks he went after were the Summer BBQ hooks.

So that earned him a hard Huntress camp and I did give him a chance by standing 10 feet from the hook but I held my hatchet armed, a David would rescue him but I tunneled him right back onto the hook. He dc'd once I downed him the 3rd time which was funny since they'd been popping gens left and right.

Postgame once I explained what he'd been doing his fellow survivors all told him off and said he deserved it for saboing the event hooks only.

The other time was someone that kept sandbagging their team mates the entire match and I'd finally caught on after getting suspicious.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Nikkiwhat said:
    This fourm just makes me laugh even more at how whiny some players/Survivors are, lot of ya are some entitled pieces of work......

Everyone on the forums is Wetawded (myself included) get use to it.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited December 2018
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I've camped exactly 2x in my entire DBD time one was a sabo Jake that kept doing it on the other side of the wall from me and kept evading really well. He'd sabo hooks in front of me as well but the only hooks he went after were the Summer BBQ hooks.

So that earned him a hard Huntress camp and I did give him a chance by standing 10 feet from the hook but I held my hatchet armed, a David would rescue him but I tunneled him right back onto the hook. He dc'd once I downed him the 3rd time which was funny since they'd been popping gens left and right.

Postgame once I explained what he'd been doing his fellow survivors all told him off and said he deserved it for saboing the event hooks only.

The other time was someone that kept sandbagging their team mates the entire match and I'd finally caught on after getting suspicious.

Oh yes, the sandbaggers! They get the extra special "Slugcamp" treatment, as well as survivors who rat others out of lockers.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    I still use BBQ as normal. I have to predict which distant gen survivors are on. I'm very experienced so 80% of the time I see someone or see scratch marks.
    It does confuse the typical casual killer though not seeing an aura reading.
  • branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    I am a poor killer, I admit it but I will still not camp. Just don't like it, I will always go looking for survivors when just hooked someone
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,658
    Options
    All these people trying to justify or vilify a legitimate/possible playstyle with their thoughts and feelings. 

You go guys <3
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

@scorpio said:

@purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

Aw, so this is the new excuse.

You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right?

If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near. 
    With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.

Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 
    Especially if someone other than Jeff is running Distortion. 

Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot    camping is a legit strategy

If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping.

I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape.

...I literally said it's a legit strategy just like camping is. I don't even camp but I think it's funny survivors call it out like it's the worst thing you can do and then run in circles all game. Both are strategy. Running in circles works better but that doesn't mean a killer can't camp if they want to.

Camping is not a legit strategy. It's not bannable, but it's no longer supported. If it was, there wouldn't be an emblem penalty(albeit a practically nonexistent one) which implies the devs think it shouldn't be happening unless survivors are right there.

Yeah even though it was supported by the devs for over 2 years they even went as far too even implement perks and a killer Not_Queen even stated on the stream that camping is a strategy! And it technically still is just because you lose points doesn't mean you can't get points else where.... 

• Raccoon
    Options
    "Remove hatch"
    Haha, you're not entitled to that 4th kill. Work for it and get good.

"I'm camping"
    Omg, it's ruining my game and I deserve to be saved. 

In both scenarios, the only thing you're actually entitled to is spawning into the map at the start of the trial.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Raccoon said:
    "Remove hatch"
    Haha, you're not entitled to that 4th kill. Work for it and get good.

"I'm camping"
    Omg, it's ruining my game and I deserve to be saved. 

In both scenarios, the only thing you're actually entitled to is spawning into the map at the start of the trial.
    @Raccoon
    Does the hatch ruin the game as much as being camped?
    I mean, i don't think you can compare them.
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

The answer is : Unsecure player that are too scared to face a self defined "loss".

Lel. Git gud.

• Jago
    Options

@Raccoon said:
    All these people trying to justify or vilify a legitimate/possible playstyle with their thoughts and feelings. 

You go guys <3

Camping. Playstyle.

Lel

• Raccoon
    Options
    They're both heavily disputed ways of achieving success, so yes, they can be compared. 

Does getting camped suck? Yes. 
    Will this prevent people from finding success in doing so? No. 

Does wrecking a team and having someone jump in the hatch or try to force a standoff suck? Yes. 

You can think or feel whatever you want about these mechanics, but all signs point to them NEVER going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future. 
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    If I see the new survivor I generally assume they have breakdown so I camp so I get some benefit out of it other than them getting unhooked and me just losing a hook
  • Raccoon
    Options
    Jago said:

@Raccoon said:

You go guys <3

Camping. Playstyle.

Lel

As I mentioned earlier, a topic was created with images of multiple games in a row (Rank 6-4/3 progression iirc) showing that you can coast your way to decent BP and results, at least in the top ranks, by camping.

You can call it whatever you want, but it is so easy to find success with it, it's almost laughable.
  • Vietfox
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Raccoon said:
    They're both heavily disputed ways of achieving success, so yes, they can be compared. 

Does wrecking a team and having someone jump in the hatch or try to force a standoff suck? Yes. 

You can think or feel whatever you want about these mechanics, but all signs point to them NEVER going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future. 
    - Hatch situation: killer got 3K (totally a win)
    If killer wants to get 4K just needs to slug.
    - Camp situation: survivor dies (not a win)
    Any decent killer can catch a good survivor (sooner or later), hook them and camp them. That survivor has little/zero chances of surviving.

No, they are not comparable.
  • Vietfox
    Options

@douggie123 said:
    If I see the new survivor I generally assume they have breakdown so I camp so I get some benefit out of it other than them getting unhooked and me just losing a hook

Camping because of a Jeff? lmfao.

Yea dude, there isn't like 20 other hooks you could put him on or anything, better make sure he dies so that hook is gone forever instead of 3 minutes, the excuses you guys come out with are honestly ridiciulous.

Or he could just run hangman's trick. But it's way easier for them to make up new excuses.
  • Jago
    Options

@Raccoon said:
    Jago said:

@Raccoon said:

You go guys <3

Camping. Playstyle.

Lel

As I mentioned earlier, a topic was created with images of multiple games in a row (Rank 6-4/3 progression iirc) showing that you can coast your way to decent BP and results, at least in the top ranks, by camping.

You can call it whatever you want, but it is so easy to find success with it, it's almost laughable.

That subject is a never ending cycle anyway. To each his own vision of having fun.

Of course survivors gonna try to save their team mate, cause that a party game. So you just rely on the obvious altruistic action that are gonna happen, except if you're facing a SWF that just gonna gen rush you.

Yes, camping is effective. But imo it's just a b-e-tch move ;)

• Jago
    Options

Cause you don't even try to get better. You're just forcing people to do mistake.

• Raccoon
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Raccoon said:

- Hatch situation: killer got 3K (totally a win)
    If killer wants to get 4K just needs to slug.
    - Camp situation: survivor dies (not a win)
    Any decent killer can catch a good survivor (sooner or later), hook them and camp them. That survivor has little/zero chances of surviving.

No, they are not comparable.
    Unless you're facing The Mythical God Squad, camping a survivor out of the game within the first 4 minutes (catch within first 2 minutes), regardless of how you choose to play afterwards, more or less secures both an easy game and a "win," regardless of whether you define a win through kills, BP, or
    emblems. If they were running BT/SB/DH or DS, the benefit is even greater.
  • NMCKE
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Out of curiosity. 

So why bother?

"Please don't lecture me on gitting gud. Since I reached rank 1 almost every season. I even reached it as Freddy. So it's not a skill thing."

"I'd rather play instant matches in a unranked mode. But there is no such thing. So I have to limit my capabilities to kill, so I can get matches faster and at least play with the limited time I have."

"I'm not destroying noob players. I'm sitting on rank 12 after the rank reset. I try not to kill them, but hook as often as possible and then let them go. If that's a omegablink nurse for you..."

I'm not boosted or anything. I was just curious on who camped more. Since I honestly think that this nerf will backfire. 

I started playing 2 years ago. When there were no tracking perks. So I have a pretty good idea on where to search survivors. 

I repeat, I usually don't camp but I want to know who started to camp more.
    Ah, understandable.
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited December 2018
    Options

@JanTheMan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.

Same goes for looping.

I get camped nearly every round, but I don't complain, I know the huge imbalance btw. killers and survivors.
    I can understand killers camping.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2018
    Options

@purebalance said:

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

I didn't know an excuse was needed to camp. 

I will update my guide accordingly. 

Priceless, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that.

God forbid people play however they want within the confines of the game. 

Exactly my sentiment. No one needs an excuse to play the way they want.

When the "way they want" is detrimental to everyone involved, even themselves, yes you need an excuse. Camping hurts both sides. Nobody wants 10k point games where you barely single pip.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this. If the devs decide to change the way the game works then I'm all for it. However, I'm not going to sit on a forum and complain about how other people play when I might do the same thing (a hypocrite) or the game allows them to do it.

Also, it's not as gamebreaking as people try to make it out to be.

• Tsulan
    Options

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

When the "way they want" is detrimental to everyone involved, even themselves, yes you need an excuse. Camping hurts both sides. Nobody wants 10k point games where you barely single pip.

I've seen enough gen rushers leave with barely 10k points.

So this counts for both sides.
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

@Tsulan
    There's a difference.
    As a killer it's your job to check gens and don't let survivors do all of them so you can kill them all.
    As a survivor your job is to finish the gens and escape, meaning that it's not their main priority to run towards the killer and get some Bold bps.
    If survivors "genrush" it's because killer is giving them the chance to do it.
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

@Tsulan
    There's a difference.
    As a killer it's your job to check gens and don't let survivors do all of them so you can kill them all.
    As a survivor your job is to finish the gens and escape, meaning that it's not their main priority to run towards the killer and get some Bold bps.
    Not every killer the map pressure of Billy and nurse. 
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

@Tsulan
    There's a difference.
    @Tsulan
    That's why you got perks like PGTW, it works so damn well on killers with less map pressure.
  • scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    Options
    it's ok guys at least DS and the hatch were nerfed... oh wait nvm   》x'D
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

@Tsulan
    There's a difference.
    @Tsulan
    That's why you got perks like PGTW, it works so damn well on killers with less map pressure.
    Maybe it's because I'm about to fall asleep. But I don't know what perk you mean. 
  • Raccoon
    Options
    Pop Goes The Weasel 
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:

Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping.

I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape.

@purebalance
    Lmao 360 = garbage? Learn to aim/counter it

Stop abusing broken mechanics. On console it's not the same as PC where you can aim as well. You're trash if you need to resort to 360.

• purebalance
    Options

@Raccoon said:

You go guys <3

Weird since the devs disagree. -percent to chaser emblem says hi.

• Vietfox
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:

Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

@purebalance

Stop abusing broken mechanics. On console it's not the same as PC where you can aim as well. You're trash if you need to resort to 360.

@purebalance
    Oh excuse me, i'll run in a straight line from now on so you don't feel bad and can get an easy kill instead of working for it :)
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:

@UltraX said:

@Raccoon said:
    powerbats said:

@Raccoon said:

@Tsulan
    There's a difference.
    @Tsulan
    Maybe it's because I'm about to fall asleep. But I don't know what perk you mean. 
    @Tsulan
    Pop Goes The Weasel
  • NMCKE
    Options
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:

Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

@purebalance

@purebalance
    Oh excuse me, i'll run in a straight line from now on so you don't feel bad and can get an easy kill instead of working for it :)
    I'll do something better than running in a straight line! I just won't move at all! :)
  • Raccoon
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Raccoon said:

You go guys <3

Weird since the devs disagree. -percent to chaser emblem says hi.

The percentage is literally so low that it will never be a deterrent and rarely does the penalty continuously proc during the camp due to survivor proximity. 

This mechanic was most likely added as a weak attempt to placate people such as yourself, but to be very clear, it has zero bearing on 99% of games played, with the emblem generally receiving 5-9% degradation after a 4 man campout. 

The emblem degradation percentage after each game was also shown in my previously mentioned topic, so anyone that saw the pics or have tried this out themselves can certainly vouch for the validity of these claims.

Without changing the core mechanics, this will probably be all the Devs do to discourage camping, and I think anyone that camps will certainly be fine with their .05/4 total progression penalty. 

The Devs really put the grind to camping.

Got 'em

*finger guns*

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:

Rebel_Raven said:

JanTheMan said:

@purebalance

@purebalance
    I'll do something better than running in a straight line! I just won't move at all! :)
    @Nickenzie
    Glad to see that we agree sometimes :)
  • purebalance
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said: Rebel_Raven said: JanTheMan said: Aw, so this is the new excuse. You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right? If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near.  With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results. Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 

I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you.  360=garbage strat abusing mechanics  looping is using mind games and perks to escape.

@purebalance 

@purebalance

So if someone 1000x stronger than you was chasing you in real life you'd run at them? A swing/stab should hit when you run into a killer's hitbox. It's abuse of mechanics. Learn to evade without using broken mechanics. One of the times I DO camp is when shitters want to 360. They deserve a ######### playstyle used on them as well.

• Vietfox
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said: Rebel_Raven said: JanTheMan said: Aw, so this is the new excuse. You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right? If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near.  With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results. Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 

I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you.  360=garbage strat abusing mechanics  looping is using mind games and perks to escape.

@purebalance 

@purebalance

So if someone 1000x stronger than you was chasing you in real life you'd run at them? A swing/stab should hit when you run into a killer's hitbox. It's abuse of mechanics. Learn to evade without using broken mechanics. One of the times I DO camp is when shitters want to 360. They deserve a ######### playstyle used on them as well.

@purebalance
    Do i really need to tell u the difference between games and real life?
    If you wanna be that realistic then tell me why survivors can't jump over traps.
    U get rekt by 360s and instead of getting better at this game you rather complain about them and call them trash tactics.
  • Raccoon
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:    Rebel_Raven said:            JanTheMan said:      Aw, so this is the new excuse.      You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right?      If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near.     With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.      Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 

Especially if someone other than Jeff is running Distortion.  Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot    camping is a legit strategy If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping. I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape. @purebalance

Stop abusing broken mechanics.  On console it's not the same as PC where you can aim as well.  You're trash if you need to resort to 360.

@purebalance 

@purebalance
    If you wanna be that realistic then tell me why survivors can't jump over traps.
    U get rekt by 360s and instead of getting better at this game you rather complain about them and call them trash tactics.

Replace "360s" with "camping," and we can ride this irony train straight to Emerald Ranch!

• Vietfox
    Options
    Raccoon said:

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@JanTheMan said:    Rebel_Raven said:            JanTheMan said:      Aw, so this is the new excuse.      You are aware that the mechanics of BBQ, right?      If you don't see an aura, there is supposed to be a survivor near.     With distortion, and lockers blocking BBQ, killers will likely get false results.      Kinda unfair to blame the killer for that. 

Especially if someone other than Jeff is running Distortion.  Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot    camping is a legit strategy If running around in circles is a legit strategy then yall have no room to criticize camping. I abhor 360, but if you are talking about looping that's on you. 360=garbage strat abusing mechanics looping is using mind games and perks to escape. @purebalance

Stop abusing broken mechanics.  On console it's not the same as PC where you can aim as well.  You're trash if you need to resort to 360.

@purebalance 

@purebalance

Replace "360s" with "camping," and we can ride this irony train straight to Emerald Ranch!

@Raccoon
    Sure, you compared before camping with the hatch, now do the same with 360s. That makes so much sense (not killer biased at all)
    I play often as a killer but i would like to get some opinions from reasonable killer mains like @PhantomMask20763 @George_Soros and @powerbats (who has been maining killer lately)
    Sorry for tagging you guys btw.
  • purebalance
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    purebalance said:

@Nickenzie said:

Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@Vietfox said:

purebalance said:

@scorpio said:

@purebalance 

@purebalance

Yes they are literally an abuse of broken mechanics. There is no "get better" on console without getting a mouse. So fine I'll keep camping them and tell them to get better. It's the only time I camp. Get better.

Also I guess since we're talking about video games and not real life, killers should get to fly no matter what killer you have. Oh wait a lot of the things in this game are based on plausible real life things like STABBING SOMEONE. Now if we were talking about the Nurse's ability you'd have a point. However, running and stabbing work very much like real life in this game. So your little stab back was worthless because you seem to not be able to see how the game functions.