Please Don't Nerf Heals Stacking

Snowbawlzzz
Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Just cap it on the boon. Hard-capping healing wrecks normal medic builds, which I run every day. I don't want my relatively mundane build to be cut short because of one overtuned perk that I don't even use.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

To be honest, if they want to stack that much garbage to heal fast, I say let them. They could address the immortal survivors in a different way.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Really feels like medkits are too powerful, I think the whole healing system will be looked at.

• Snowbawlzzz

What could they possibly rework about the healing system that's not "Heal guy until bar is full"?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I really don’t think that nerfing healing across the board would end the way people want it to. If you nerf healing significantly enough to discourage survivors from doing it then guess what will happen? More and more survivors will start running Adrenaline and just play injured but split up to prevent snowballing.

If you only nerf solo healing but keep team healing the same then you’re basically just nerfing solo players and buffing SWF. Not really ideal either.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

The only change boon totems need is to be unable to be placed on a hex and be unable to replace once broken. The actual numbers are reasonable.

That said there should be a cap on how fast you can heal so that your never faster to get up than the killers wipe animations after a hit.

• Jago

Speed and percentage speed with capping just like you mentionned. Kind of an Iron will treatment.

4 medkits in a lobby in incredibly strong. If thats a green with addons, that nulifies a lot of pressure a killer could build.

• Snowbawlzzz

you can dodge the lobby if you don't want to fight 4 medkits

• Jago

Oh I dont care when playing killer. It's just an observation when I play survivor. I always bring a medkit those days, and it helps a lot.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

Make them unable to be replaced and they go straight in the bin, no survivor's going to touch that.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Healing speed is fine, it should be strong and stack.

The problem is that same totem can be used by same survivor multiple times while killer dont have any means to destroy it completely.

Thats the only part that should be looked at

• Firellius

Yeah, that's what should change. Being in range of two Healing Circle totems should not confer a 200% heal speed boost.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

They could add a delay of like 3-5 seconds after being downed before you can be healed.

It won't fully solve the issue if stacking becomes to big but it will severly temper it.

Cutting out WGLF of the options to stack healing will make it pretty difficult to reach high enough speed

• James4125

Hex totems can't be replaced and they see plenty of use.

Deliverance can't be guaranteed and that's still used.

All you have to do is put your totem in a place the killer is unlikely to patrol. Such as an area where the gen was already finished.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,138

I don't play seriously, I run meme builds and crap, and I think a boon totem that can't be replaced is useless and not worth running. That says something. In my regular build, I wouldn't replace my WoO or Empathy or WGLF with that nonsense.

Killers can protect their hex totems. They have ways to slow down survivors, injure them, down them, take them out of the match entirely. Survivors have... uh... they can put it in one of the many already-memorized-by-every-regular-player totem spots?

Even if survivors did still run it, the act of placing a boon totem could only happen once. That's one time that they're not on gens to go light the thing. I don't want that. When I'm playing killer, I want the survivors running around the map lighting totems and not doing gens. Maybe devs should add in an option: you don't allow survivors to use the perk more than once in your matches, meanwhile in my matches they can use them multiple times. I'd be down with that. The game needs to let players have more options, anyway.

(I think boon totems need some changes before going live, like a cooldown and not being able to move them, so if a killer leaves a boon totem up in a dead area the survivor who lit it can't place a new one somewhere better, but only being able to be used once? Self-Care and Lucky Break would be better, and no one even runs Lucky Break.)

• Firellius

Hex totems are also automatically installed at the start of the game, affect the entire map, don't have an audio cue to help find them, and take 14 seconds to break.

Boon totems take 14 seconds to break -after- finding one, affect only their area, indicate their position innately, and take 2 seconds to snuff out. Sure, you can put it in a spot where the killer is unlikely to patrol, but that also puts it out of the way for you, meaning you get less benefit from it.

Sure, Deliverance gets used. Once in every 30 matches, maybe. Doesn't mean it's in an okay spot and it definitely doesn't mean it's a balance level we should be aiming at.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

Hex Totems do have an audio clue. I've found a few hexes from hearing the flame sound.

• Firellius

Must be my audio then. Wouldn't be the first time, either.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,138

For me, "a few" is literal. The hex totem audio is soooo low it's practically nonexistent, especially if there's ambient audio on the map. Every time I actually think I hear a hex totem it's a fire barrel.

I mean, hex totems shouldn't be too obvious, they're supposed to be well hidden in order to waste survivors' time looking for them, but I think the point I'm making is that I really hate the fire barrel's crackling noise.

• James4125

Hex totems can't be spawned hidden in a good place. Sometimes you'll get a good one. Most times it'll be captain obvious.

Hex totems also only benefit the one in this 4 v 1 and not the four.

Boon totems don't have four people to look for them. Boon totems can be moved if the user finds a better spot. Boon totems don't activate any killer perks like inner strength. Boon totems don't have to beware of maps. Or have perks directly based around countering them.

• Snowbawlzzz

I would unironically rather have to place my hex totems than have the current system, that'd actually be better than most random totem spawns.

Currently boons are just hexes-but-better

• Firellius

That's just you being salty. I've had plenty of hexes spawn in very out-of-the-way spots, and unless you've played fewer than twenty matches, you have, too.

The 4v1 argument is semantics too. Flip your wording around: Hexes weaken four people, while boons only hinder one.

Keep in mind that boons declare themselves to the killer more overtly than hexes do. All the tools survivors get to hunt them, killers don't need.

And boons may not trigger any killer perks, but neither do hexes trigger any survivor perks.

Inner Strength? That's -any- totem. It's not dependent on you bringing hexes.

• James4125

Yeah I've had plenty of good totem spots. But I've had far far more that are blatantly obvious.

It's a 4v1? If they didn't hinder the 4 then the 1 wouldn't be getting anything from them? No other survivor perks can freely benefit the 4 without some additional input. Even bond and kindred that do help all 4 can't be seen at all times.

Remove the sounds. Problem solved. The sounds aren't needed anyway.

Dull totems can become hexes. Dull totems activate small game detective's hunch and inner strength. Even if the killer gets perks that benefit him/her finding totems he has four moving objectives and can't afford to search dead zones like survivors can.

• Firellius

It's a 4v1? If they didn't hinder the 4 then the 1 wouldn't be getting anything from them?

Not my point. My point is that this whole 'this benefits 4, while that benefits only 1' is an argument based entirely on semantics. Yes, it benefits 4, but that means nothing when those 4 aren't equal to the 1. It's an apples and oranges situation and entirely meaningless, as evidenced by the fact that you can flip the statement around without any effort to make hexes out to have the same advantage.

No other survivor perks can freely benefit the 4 without some additional input. Even bond and kindred that do help all 4 can't be seen at all times.

Would that additional input not be 'finding a dull totem, blessing it, and then ensuring you're near it'? I mean, that seems like more input than Bond requires.

Remove the sounds. Problem solved. The sounds aren't needed anyway.

Are you suggesting to make boon totems more of a time investment for killers?

Dull totems can become hexes. Dull totems activate small game detective's hunch and inner strength. Even if the killer gets perks that benefit him/her finding totems he has four moving objectives and can't afford to search dead zones like survivors can.

Dull totems do not activate DetHunch, gens do. And Small Game's only benefit is that it indicates the totem's position. Inner Strength is the only survivor perk that confers a benefit from totems (not hexes), and Soul Guard is the only perk that confers a benefit from hexes, and it's extremely limited and effortlessly counterplayed.

And if the boon totem is in a dead zone, the survivors have to go out of their way to benefit from it, forcing them to constantly bounce in and out of said dead zone, costing them valuable time.

Seriously, boons and hexes are entirely different beasts, mechanically. You can't look at boons and say 'hexes deserve the same upsides'.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

I don't think there's any reason for healing speed to stack beyond 150% bonus.

That's 6.4 second healing with 1 person and 3.2 with 2 people. It's very fast and generally requires a lot of things stacking to reach that effect.