The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Infinite Loading Screens

Comments

• Knotty1985
    Knotty1985 Member Posts: 66

2 games in a row, really sucks... I don't want to have to disable crossplay just to play -_-

• oberon880
    oberon880 Member Posts: 3

Xbox one, crossplay on, survivor, playing Yui, happened two times in a row, trying again now

• monxstah
    monxstah Member Posts: 1

Twice in the last two hours I've had the infinite loading screen while playing the new survivor. The first match was my group of 3 PC plus a console user. The second was all PC survivors.

• MidnightMoon1990
    MidnightMoon1990 Member Posts: 8

I can’t get into a match at all as killer right now. With cross play on or off. I keep getting a “disconnected from host” message or infinite loading screen

• dmun3
    dmun3 Member Posts: 1

I've had multiple instances of the game freezing up on PS4.

Each match has neen a public marchmaking game.

• Alicecreed1010
    Alicecreed1010 Member Posts: 1

I'm playing survivor and I've been getting the infinite loading screen whenever I'm trying to play squads. When I'm solo queing, it doesn't happen.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

after i faced a infinite loading screen right after the update, it seems fixed now for me.

• Hazular
    Hazular Member Posts: 31

I'm playing on Steam, with crossplay on. Playing as Kate and off the top of my head can't remember which other survivors were in the lobby.

Have had 5/6 games that were all fine but just got stuck on a loading loop as I was loading into a match - getting into the lobby was fine.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

there's so much speculation as to what's causing it but this seems tricky to solve.

• fixyourdamngame
    fixyourdamngame Member Posts: 3

Happened again. Trapper, ps4, crossplay enabled. Took my freaking offering again!!!!! Black ward.

• BMoney
    BMoney Member Posts: 1

The time today is 4:43 Pm est

The Date is October 22, 2021

The issue of infinite loading screens is still happening, it happened three games out of the 4 we played today.

Me and my SFW (4players) noticed a few things, Killers on console would disconnect out of the 2/ 3 games we played. One of the4 games we played my SFW disconnected and when it happened it kicked them out of the game with a crash report! Pale swap and black water both ended in disconnects.

On our 5th game we turned off cross play and the game loaded fine. McMillian, was the map that loaded the version of it was the one without the house. Turning off cross play seemed to fix the issue a little

Also relying on players for the answer to the problems is a bit dodgy to me, do you not have people testing it out for you.. I know whoever sees this is just in charge of responding but if you can email this to the people who fix it I suggest your team needs to have more testers, or have workers come together and advocate for more testers. I don't have to do this but I know you all won't fix if I don't do it. Also players like me spent real money on a character that's about to have 2 perks disabled.. I mean come on players deseve the compensation, at least give us some iridescent shards so we can spend it on something else.

Thanks,

B-Money

• fixyourdamngame
    fixyourdamngame Member Posts: 3

So it just happened…AGAIN!!!! It also unequips my time challenge every single time! Trapper, crossplay enabled, lame.

• Xaph
    Xaph Member Posts: 1

I just had a loadscreen that wasn't infinite, but did last 5 minutes or more. Playing through Steam on PC as Yun-jin, and it looked like the problem was that the Mikaela in my lobby dc'd.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2021

lmao. you kidding? This is BHVR. If they were as competent as, well, pretty much ANY other game company on their level of success about 70% of the shite we have to deal with wouldn't happen. And that's a conservative estimate. Somehow, the game is fun enough that we deal with it anyways and they know it. This allows them to literally 'test' their changes in code for a week or longer before releasing it live to the inevitable, often game breaking, bugs, crashes, and all around inept design decision.

I'm sure there are ppl who will chide me for saying as much- but can you prove otherwise? Don't worry I'll wait.

Don't get me wrong I love DbD, but it's a hard thing to love. Like an ill tempered step child. I'm quite educated in both game design, and software design- How these kind of fk ups keep happening is beyond me. Like, mind blowingly confusing. Idk who is in charge of testing this crap before it hits consumers, but they need to be fired and replaced because holy crap, a new update releasing and not breaking things is the exception- not the norm.

Just so my topic stays on point in this thread: 3 more infinite loading screens. crossplay on. xbox one. Out of the 5 games i've managed to play successfully, 3 have been included hackers. Maybe talk to steam about that crap at some point, guys, because that is ALSO mind bogglingly unacceptable and getting very old very quickly.

• patronsaintofpizza
    patronsaintofpizza Member Posts: 123

Crossplay was on, occurred when loading into a match, occurredboth when I was playing survivor and killer

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

I was specifically playing pig and the wait time was stupidly long. Afterwards the game refused to load past 5 min and I just gave up and tried again but was only met with the same result.

I play on Xbox one x

• KorghanisAgain
    KorghanisAgain Member Posts: 26

Dear Devs,

I have played 4 killer games through steam, cross-play on, with new tome challenges and different killers - no more infinite loading screens!

That's right - your quick fix seems to help! At least for my setup.

THANKS for the quick remedy!!!

• Knotty1985
    Knotty1985 Member Posts: 66
  • SMEXYKAL
    SMEXYKAL Member Posts: 1

I just play 4 matches in 3 hours, its a joke the infinite loading screen, polease fix it quickly

• Bstahls
    Bstahls Member Posts: 6

PS4 here. Happens to me every 3-4 matches. Has always been upon match loading.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491

i find it happens with shadow step as well as Circle of healing, but thats just me

• Riggs_Jafar
    Riggs_Jafar Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2021

Playing on an Xbox one x. It has happened to me as a solo survivor and as killer multiple times. I haven't noticed any real pattern except it happens the first time I try to play per session.

It also resets my tome challenge.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Ps4 pro

Last night at 11pm, played 6 games, all ok, game 7 didn't load

First game tonight, midnight, game didn't load.

So last 2 games haven't worked, both sides.

• Youko
    Youko Member Posts: 187

Platform: PS4 (launch edition)

Crossplay: On

Queue Type: Solo

Survivor: Mikaela

Load Screen: Initiating Match

Tome Selected: Halloween Tome, various challenges.

I have only been playing Mikaela today and several attempts to play have resulted in super long load times. I cannot say they are infinite, because at least 1 player will finally hard quit the match to get out of it after 1-5 minutes. I have had my tome challenges unselect themselves after these incidences at least twice, including ones I had already run for multiply matches. I did, however, make it into several matches last night that had much longer than normal load-in times, but somehow managed to finally go through. Several times during these instances, there appeared to be server-side issues regard severe lag, hit detection, and extreme rubber banding (EG: survivor was pulled off of a gen, was shown with a red, downed aura, but continued to work on the gen for about 30 sec before suddenly being place on a hook halfway across the map).

The loading issue is trending towards more problematic today, as I am seeing more long load screens per matches played.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

Just had an infinite load-screen, noticed that the Loading screen was the default loading screen rather than the Event loading screen.

• MunchinKFC
    MunchinKFC Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

This is after the update implemented on 10-22-21 to fix the loading screen issues...

I just had a loading screen that lasted 10+ minutes, this has never happened to me before even before the update today so I know it isn't anything in my control. I ended up just alt+F4ing the game. It seems like the issue has not been fixed.

• jordxnlxndis
    jordxnlxndis Member Posts: 4

Ps4 player. I played as Mikaela and got an infinite load screen twice (2/7 matches). I tried to load in as killer but also got the infinite load screen before the start of the match (probably lost connection to the one Mikaela in the lobby). I viewed match details and clicked on the Mikaela; her profile wouldn’t load. However, the rest of the other survivors’ profiles loaded when I clicked for details. Hope this helps!

• Hazelvalkyrie14
    Hazelvalkyrie14 Member Posts: 4

Just happened to me 2x in a row after not happening all day. I was loading into match, solo queue, playing as Yun-Jin, on PC (Steam).

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited October 2021

was on ps4 and rest were but one were others everyone ready uped and i waited for the game to load and had to close out the game and lost my STREAMER .

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

ps4

1.) Playing killer.

used an event offering

cross-play on

going into the match

loading bar was fully filled

showed all four survivors disconnected after 5 minutes

personal note- sent wife for tacos

————————————-

2.) again, killer

cross play on

loading into match

ditto as 1.) exception-

drank a cup of coffee. Contemplated my navel

exited myself after wife arrived with tacos

————————————

• NeverNotNicky
    NeverNotNicky Member Posts: 28

Playing on Steam and PS4.

Once the match begins to load, after the offering screen, the loading time is infinite.

Cross-Platform is turned on.

It took an hour last night to blue screen my Playstation because the loading screen froze my entire playstation (wouldn't even turn off). I've tried for almost three hours to find a game and I've only had infinite loading screens on both PC and PS4.

• Metzu
    Metzu Member Posts: 86

This just happened today after the "small patch" 3 matches in a row so far. Everytime stuck while loading in the match with the bar fully progressed.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

Plattform : PS4 Standard

Crossplattform: On AND Off

It happens if the match is loading.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited October 2021

On PS5, playing feng min, and playing my second match of the Midnight Grove. The loading screen has been loading for 5+ minutes.

*Edit* playing solo survivor btw.

• Smol_Huntress
    Smol_Huntress Member Posts: 2

Didn't have a single infinite load screen until this "fix" came out

• Draku69
    Draku69 Member Posts: 4

It's happened twice today for me loading into a match. Just me searching for a game. Also. The event challenges are not remaining selected and my last match was met with no progress even after making sure it was selected beforehand.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Switch/Legion/Lery's

I was playing other matches with Legion on other maps with no issues. It said a player disconnected and 2 survivors had the Will o' wisp lights

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

They were good. I dipped them in nacho cheese and a tomatillo sauce. Had a chicken quesadilla too. love the jalapeño sauce.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

Patch 5.3.0a Helped!

After patch 5.3.0a of 15 matches, I never got into infinite. I only play for the killers. Even for Nemesis for which I had the record for infinite loadings, I loaded normally

Platform: Steam | Cross: On

During the day I will play more and see...

• Akeaton
    Akeaton Member Posts: 4

loaded up a 3 man swf with one console random. Infinite load until it ended and said the killer DC’d. They were on console. But as soon as the endgame screen showed up, in the bottom left it showed the name of the map that “loaded” as Dead Dog Saloon. It showed up just like it would if we had gotten into the level. Almost seemed like it couldn’t connect because the game was trying to load a level that has been taken out..

• foolishmortals
    foolishmortals Member Posts: 38

Update: Crossplay off, no infinite loads. Crossplay on, infinite loads possible. I'm begging you, untangle your code before you make ANY new content patches.

• juravial
    juravial Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2021

Just Infinite loaded at 11:44 PM EST from a 4 man SWF all on PC. Dunno if other guy was cross-platform. Pipped down because of it. No internet issues on the 4 man team (we were all on discord with no problems). When I restarted my game, it said that my teammates were "In lobby" (they did not want to pip down). Hope this helps.

Edit: They all waited about 15 minutes after I restarted and were sent to the after-battle screen for when someone DCs when loading. The people who waited did not pip down. They reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally didn't want to pip down (lol).

Double Edit: they still lost their cake, seed, and bloody party streamers.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited October 2021

It's happening to me now. On PC, cross-platform play enabled, playing as killer (Huntress) in normal matchmaking. It's happening at the match loading screen, after the timer has ticked down.

Almost 48 hours of this and you guys still don't have it fixed. How does this specific type of thing even happen in a game, five years in? Like why would this be a problem suddenly?

EDIT: Yeah, and also, it ate my offering. Can you make it not do that? Can the game consume offerings and such when the game starts, not during the loading screen? It's stupid that we have to effectively lose BP to your random stupid bugs.

EDIT #2: It also de-selected my challenge, which means now I am wasting my time in this match.

• annmiha510
    annmiha510 Member Posts: 2

I’m on Xbox one it’s be 3 nights so far. It’s getting worse. More and more infinite load

was more common when playing survivor but now even killer does it too.

my party tried removing all new perks characters and items.

still won’t work

• Xarina24
    Xarina24 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021

Just had it happen after the lobby ended and the map was loading. The progress bar gets to 100% and it ended in a player disconnected error after several minutes.

Playing with a friend (PC Jeff) and I was PC Meg. There were two console Mikaela's as our teammates and a console Doctor as killer.

The map was RPD. The offerings were 3 pumpkin seeds by players and 1 cake from killer.

Working on Halloween tome Survivor challenges.

Post edited by Xarina24 on
  • annmiha510
    annmiha510 Member Posts: 2

Also I tried crossplay on and off neither made a difference.

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122

For me it happens after loading out of a lobby. Tips continue to roll but it never enters the match. I have to cancel the app and restart it, happens a few times. Happens when I am survivor and I play solo so its not triggered by invites. I play ps4 with cross play on.

This discussion has been closed.