Nerf Nurse

Nurse is a character who is impossible to deal with these advantages. Tanatophobia - Ruin - The Nurse's Call - Barbecue and Chilli
With three blinks, there is simply no game. There is no way to make generators and this is frustrating too. There is no counter of it. Pallets, jukes are simply impossible with add-ons.

In rank 1 there is practically only Nurse and Hillbilly in the game, my biggest regret was to have picked up that rank.

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    No 
  • TestDStrike
    TestDStrike Member Posts: 71

She's an OP Killer but it's just how you play against her.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Her addons need nerfing yeah. Omegablink needs to be reduced a bit or actually have a drawback, and extra blink addons need to just go overall.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Those are some of the best and challenging matches, provided they can actually blink properly. She is just one of those killers where stealth and timing are more important than what perks your running. SB around pallets and jungle gyms ain't gonna help you, so focus on the areas which seem to be getting you caught. 
  • Doulldozer
    Doulldozer Member Posts: 21

Indeed stealth is the nurses worst enemy, I more concerned about chases though as the moment the nurse has found you, game over. Its almost impossible to shake a decent nurse off you and with that auto aim a short blink is a guaranteed hit. As I suggested tweak her add ons and remove that auto aim and nurse will probably be in a much better spot rather than having her own tier cause she's that strong.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited December 2018

k, dear consumer, we will nerf a character for everyone, because you can't play against her

done

• RSB
    edited December 2018

@Doulldozer said:
    Indeed stealth is the nurses worst enemy, I more concerned about chases though as the moment the nurse has found you, game over. Its almost impossible to shake a decent nurse off you and with that auto aim a short blink is a guaranteed hit. As I suggested tweak her add ons and remove that auto aim and nurse will probably be in a much better spot rather than having her own tier cause she's that strong.

Auto aim got removed several patches ago, plus her lunge is like 10cm now.

• Doulldozer

Oh must just be me then guess the nurse mains just learned to do their 180s well my bad.
    I still believe though her 4/5 blinks shouldnt exist as they pretty much make it their is no game.

• bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81
    Nurse is the only killer that is actually decent and people cant deal with it. Even hilbilly is ######### against good survivors.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Faceless said:
    Nurse is a character who is impossible to deal with these advantages. Tanatophobia - Ruin - The Nurse's Call - Barbecue and Chilli
    With three blinks, there is simply no game. There is no way to make generators and this is frustrating too. There is no counter of it. Pallets, jukes are simply impossible with add-ons.

In rank 1 there is practically only Nurse and Hillbilly in the game, my biggest regret was to have picked up that rank.

The official tournament has shown that nurse is the only killer who can keep up with tryhard SWF.
    The devs also said that not all killers are supposed to be viable (or on the billy/nurse lvl), but that doesnt mean that there shouldnt be any viable killers at all

• Master

@Doulldozer said:

Auto aim was removed quite some time ago already.
    Try to play her in her current state, she has changed a lil :wink:

• Doulldozer

@Master said:

@Doulldozer said:

Aye RSB pointed that one out to me about her auto aim, however the problem still stands that at high ranks only two killers are viable properly being the billy and the nurse either the survivors need to be nerfed with nurse and billy to make the other killers viable, or the other killers need some buffing but that risks a greater game imbalance.

And to clarify im giving my experience based on facing her which is watching her completely negate any type of defence (excluding DS but I refuse to run that garbage). I have never played nurse so I cant give any experience from the side of playing her.

• Master

@Doulldozer said:

@Master said:

@Doulldozer said:

Aye RSB pointed that one out to me about her auto aim, however the problem still stands that at high ranks only two killers are viable properly being the billy and the nurse either the survivors need to be nerfed with nurse and billy to make the other killers viable, or the other killers need some buffing but that risks a greater game imbalance.

And to clarify im giving my experience based on facing her which is watching her completely negate any type of defence (excluding DS but I refuse to run that garbage). I have never played nurse so I cant give any experience from the side of playing her.

I strongly suggest trying to learn her. This way you can learn how to counter her too (the key is breaking LoS)

• Doulldozer

@Master said:

@Doulldozer said:

@Master said:

@Doulldozer said:

I strongly suggest trying to learn her. This way you can learn how to counter her too (the key is breaking LoS)

Aye i may do that my usual tactic is to break LOS and be unpredictable as you say but a tunneling nurse is literally infuriating to go up against as you cant bodyblock her to save someone and save your points. (I know I sound slightly salty/toxic with that but I mean it as in my emblem goes to hell in that case)

• Master

@Doulldozer said:

@Master said:

@Doulldozer said:

@Master said:

@Doulldozer said:

Aye i may do that my usual tactic is to break LOS and be unpredictable as you say but a tunneling nurse is literally infuriating to go up against as you cant bodyblock her to save someone and save your points. (I know I sound slightly salty/toxic with that but I mean it as in my emblem goes to hell in that case)

If you farm against a good nurse, you are dead, but thats the survivors fault :wink:

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    edited December 2018

" LOL "

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ShyN3ko said:
    First:
    You can hide.
    Second:
    Nurse is the only killer with skill impact.
    If the killer player have more skill than the survivors, then he can win the game.
    The other 12 killers dont have this.
    The killer player can have more skill than the survivors, but when he play Pig(just an example), he can still lose the game.

This is why she's a near-perfect Killer, from a design perspective, and why Survivors hate her so much.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

The Nurse needs to be reverted to her release self.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited December 2018

@Acromio said:

That would make her incredibly strong.

I hope you're aware that she had 3 default blinks back then and could get up to 7 total with Add-ons.

Oh, and her movement speed was slightly faster than that of Survivors.

• RSB

@Acromio said:

That would be glorious!

• DocOctober

@ShyN3ko said:
    If the killer player have more skill than the survivors, then he can win the game.

Don't you think that that should be the case with all Killers instead of just the Nurse? Why should a Killer still lose the game if he plays better than the Survivors? That's absurd.

• Acromio
    edited December 2018

@DocOctober said:

@Acromio said:

I hope you're aware that she had 3 default blinks back then and could get up to 7 total with Add-ons.

Of course I know. She had 3 blinks, and her movement speed was the same as the other killers. That's how the Nurse should be at base. The devs' own stated design intent for her was to stop survivors from relying on exploits to survive, and... she got uber nerfed because she did just that, and survivors did not want to adapt their playstyle to her. In a way, she is the Lysandre's Trump Card of Dead by Daylight.

• DocOctober

@Acromio said:

@DocOctober said:

@Acromio said:

Of course I know. She had 3 blinks, and her movement speed was the same as the other killers. That's how the Nurse should be at base. The devs' own stated design intent for her was to stop survivors from relying on exploits to survive, and... she got uber nerfed because she did just that, and survivors did not want to adapt their playstyle to her. In a way, she is the Lysandre's Trump Card of Dead by Daylight.

She wasn't as fast as the other Killers. She was much slower, slower even than Tier I Myers.

Yes, she got nerfed considerably, but she is still the strongest Killer in the game and release Nurse would just be absolutely devastating even in mediocre hands.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

imagine complaining about thanatophobia lmfao

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2018
    A-Are you seriously complaining about Thanatophobia, one of the weakest perks in the game?
  • shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

@ShyN3ko said:
    First:
    You can hide.
    Second:
    The killer player can have more skill than the survivors, but when he play Pig(just an example), he can still lose the game.

Absolutely. I never lose because survivors are better than me when I play killer, its because survivors are op. I'm actually a really good killer player! I swear!

On a side note, I'm also a really good Genji player, my team just holds me back!

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@DocOctober schrieb:

@ShyN3ko said:

Don't you think that that should be the case with all Killers instead of just the Nurse? Why should a Killer still lose the game if he plays better than the Survivors? That's absurd.

Yes, i think it.
    Every killer should have a skill impact.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

The nurse does need a bit of nerfing, she is a killer who is literally capable of negating ANY survivor defences to help the chase. If she's running 3 or more blinks its just game over there is nothing you can do to avoid her. The common excuse of "she's hard to master" means literally nothing as when the person does learn nurse they become nearly unstoppable, there needs to be some more counters to her as she can close any gap, negate any pallets go through any window.

I personally think her 4/5 blinks should be completely removed and her 3 blink made an ultra/very rare, as well as this remove the aim assist on short blinks as the auto aim basically locks onto you and the nurse can legit do a 180 and hit you without any issues. On the longer blinks sure allow auto aim but on the short blinks it makes escape literally impossible unless you know how to 360 and even then it doesn't work all that much.

She is also a killer that requires quite a bit of time to Git Gud at and is also unplayable on console (borderline unplayable because apparently there are some people who can play her) because of fps issue.... watching marth88, zubat, tru3 etc... ofcourse shes going to look broken... but you watch McLean (only because I've seen him play) myself included in this because ps4 fps sucks and I struggle to get anyone down and hooked........ the reward should be high for learning a difficult character.... if survivors can spawn in with their friends and immediately have a strong advantage over a killer because comms exist.... why cant the killer side have rewarding characters when learned?

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

@Faceless said:

I am not good at using The Nurse and it takes a lot of patience to learn the curve around The Nurse. So, when I face up against The Nurse user and they're pretty good, I enjoy the challenge and if I lose, I do not complain about it and in fact, it is rare for me to match up against a really good The Nurse killer user. Above all, to get those perks and add-ons take time to attain ,since not everyone uses The Nurse at her greatest.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited December 2018

That is a very specific scenario you got there

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I love how its the usual killer mains in here saying the usual "git gud" stuff.

Also stealth...lol you have to touch gens at some point, here's a character you can't even see coming from far off anyway because she teleports within range immediately and often carries a load of tracking perks. Not all of us want to use p3 claudettes with urban evasion.
  • Acromio

It's not the Nurse that needs a nerf -it's survivors' brains that need a buff.

• BuffKillers
    BuffKillers Member Posts: 6

Yes please! Nerf Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress and Hug too, in this way there aren't any good killers at high ranks and survivors can gen rush every game and finish in 2 minutes! Good idea!

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited December 2018

@Faceless said:

This is where playing as nurse comes into play, there are parts of the map you can abuse where she can't blink effectively (trees). Also dead hard counters her pretty hard on pc, it's impossible on console though due to the framerate and input drop.

Also you can see where her redstain is during the blink and have a half second to juke appropriately. Also if you are skilled, you can actually flashlight stun a nurse if have enough space and hit her just right.

EDIT: The other issue is changing your behavior. Playing nurse is all about prediction and muscle memory. If you stop running to predictable loops and tiles. Another thing is corn, if you got corn on a map you can just 360, circle spin, in the corn and the nurse will lose you fast.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

@Master said:

The official tournament has shown that nurse is the only killer who can keep up with tryhard SWF.

The official tournament was done with no items and no add ons. The information it gave about balance in a real game is negligible at best.

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

@RSB said:

@Doulldozer said:

Auto aim got removed several patches ago, plus her lunge is like 10cm now.

Fake news my friend, in 1.9 they made nurse's lunge to match that of a regular killers lunge. Before 1.9 it was roughly same distance as boyfriends memo myers in t1.

• Master

@anarchy753 said:

@Master said:

The official tournament was done with no items and no add ons. The information it gave about balance in a real game is negligible at best.

I dare to say that the survivors can gain a bigger advantage by using 4 items+addons than the killer can by using addons.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

the only nerf that she needs its the omega blink

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

Wait, are you really complaining about Thanatophobia?
    Like, one of the worst killer perks of the game?

• Demoth
    Demoth Member Posts: 49

@The_Crusader said:
    I love how its the usual killer mains in here saying the usual "git gud" stuff.

Also stealth...lol you have to touch gens at some point, here's a character you can't even see coming from far off anyway because she teleports within range immediately and often carries a load of tracking perks. Not all of us want to use p3 claudettes with urban evasion.

Yeah, and not all of us want to use Nurse with 3+ blinks and meta perks, but that's simply what we're left with when a bunch of Rank 1 tryhard SWF groups basically wave their dicks in our faces as the other killers.

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2019

@Orion said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    First:
    You can hide.
    Second:

This is why she's a near-perfect Killer, from a design perspective, and why Survivors hate her so much.

Nurse is the most broken killer, far from "near-perfect". If you're consistently at rank 1 right after reset each month, you will continuously go against nurses who have quite literally zero counter. Breaking line of sight does nothing, doubling back does nothing, mindgaming in the corners of the map does nothing. There is zero counter whatsoever for an experienced nurse player.

Every killer should be able to down a survivor, you should not be able to be looped for 5 gens, etc., this is all obvious. But a killer who can teleport twice through barriers instantaneously is a fundamentally flawed concept for a game where the barriers are a survivor's only real defense, at least with it's current execution.

Survivors hate Nurse because she's fundamentally unfair.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@adalesmo said:

@Orion said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    First:
    You can hide.
    Second:

Nurse is the most broken killer, far from "near-perfect". If you're consistently at rank 1 right after reset each month, you will continuously go against nurses who have quite literally zero counter. Breaking line of sight does nothing, doubling back does nothing, mindgaming in the corners of the map does nothing. There is zero counter whatsoever for an experienced nurse player.

Every killer should be able to down a survivor, you should not be able to be looped for 5 gens, etc., this is all obvious. But a killer who can teleport twice through barriers instantaneously is a fundamentally flawed concept for a game where the barriers are a survivor's only real defense, at least with it's current execution.

Her power is rewarding to use correctly and punishing if used incorrectly. However, for all her power helps during a chase, it does nothing to help her find or track Survivors.
    Note how your complaints only focus around the fact that she's good during a chase, ignoring the fact that there's a key aspect of the game that Survivors failed at in order for a chase to even begin: stealth. Chases don't happen unless you failed to hide.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2019
    Nerf the only viable killer that requires skill no we don't need every killer to be a joke
  • adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164

@Orion said:

@adalesmo said:

@Orion said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    First:
    You can hide.
    Second:

Her power is rewarding to use correctly and punishing if used incorrectly. However, for all her power helps during a chase, it does nothing to help her find or track Survivors.
    Note how your complaints only focus around the fact that she's good during a chase, ignoring the fact that there's a key aspect of the game that Survivors failed at in order for a chase to even begin: stealth. Chases don't happen unless you failed to hide.

Hiding is not a viable strategy in DBD. You can't finish generators while hiding. Survivors who use stealth as their strat are virtually always the dead weight of the team who never do anything. People who promote stealth as as strat never play survivor.

@KingSavageGaming said:
    Nerf the only viable killer that requires skill no we don't need every killer to be a joke

Yes, muscle memory and looking where you want to go sure is skillful with no viable counterplay.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

balance the overall game,
    THEN nerf nurse.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2019

Nerfing the nurse would be disastrous considering the current state of the game. Why do you think so many players go through the pain of learning how to be effective with this killer? Easy, she's a soft-counter to all but the most coordinated, skilled SWF groups and she doesn't get led around like a rodeo clown for five generators.

Survivors don't typically enjoy playing against the nurse. Why? Simple, because she punishes their comfortable play style revolving around loops and semi-infinites that, when utilized properly, can make them completely uncatchable by every other killer. The nurse is the one killer in the game that can determine the outcome of a match based solely on your level of skill (not the survivor's), a fact that cannot be truthfully disputed in favor of any other killer.

Until BVHR learns how to design killers that are both powerful and fair, the nurse should remain as she is.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

she doesn't need nerfed, she needs removed from the game.

so does SWF.