As a Survivor I think boon totem is broken af.

Options
Myla
Myla Member Posts: 1,551
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Been playing Survivor the entire day and got teammates who had this perk and it's really strong. You can see where it placed pretty much signaling where every survivor should go to reset on their own and I always had full value on that perk and healed myself multiple times in a match whenever it's placed. I could just go harass a generator, get a hit then maybe discourage the killer from further chasing because I'm bringing him into a side of the map nowhere near generators he should be protecting. Leaves me alone and I do a reset again and do it all over again.

Just the fact that you can reset on your own is alarming. It destroy any pressure a killer has. Now you might argue that Survivor can heal perfectly fine without it but you're not. Just the fact that a survivor has to wait for someone or find them on their own to do a reset buys the killer time. That's two people wasting their time not doing a generator and that's not even mentioning the time they wasted traveling to get to each other and whatnot.

I have no idea about Shadowstep though I reckon playing a killer would make me see it's effect better and probably a menace on indoors map.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I think Circle of Healing in principle is ok, it’s really a question of tuning the healing speed. If the current version is too strong all they have to do is turn the benefit down. It’s easy to see that if it only let you self heal at 1% speed, for instance, it would be too weak to be useful, and too fast and the perk is too strong, so there must be a sweet spot between the extremes where the speed is relatively reasonable, so a survivor would have the option of running over and healing but the time it would take would make up for the benefit it gives.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,218
    Options

Why people like flexing?

Though I agree CoH is powerful, healing should not go over 100% speed (reduced to 8sec max) even if 2 survivors healing on one guy in CoH. With 14sec blessing, a single selfcare of 16sec instead of 32sec, or requires another 16sec of another survivor healing you is already benefit more than you bless a totem.

Had a Coh from a teammate, Killer was trying to get a last hook Feng, I & Clau able to heal each other extremely fast and both go back to body block for Feng, while Kate doing Gen in background. Its pretty much forced Killer to give up chasing on Feng to disable Boon.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Considering nobody knows their mmr I find arguments centered around this pretty pointless.

Yes, a medkit has limited heals. Realistically though how many times will you heal in a match? 2 to 3 at most I'd say typically.

Somebody has to spend at least 14 seconds to bless a totem. Assuming the totem stays up, which it usually didn't in my experience. Add to this you often had to run across the map to make use of said totem.

Meanwhile a purple medkit with gel dressing and scissors would give me 3 heals at a faster rate. I can even use perks to add both speed and extra heals if I want.

In short, medkits are much more efficient and practical. Boons have higher potential value, but come with sufficient drawbacks to not be worth running in my opinion.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Lmao is this the go to argument whenever someone else disagrees with one's opinion now? "You are just not at high MMR".

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,624
    Options

Yeah I think both boons are way too good.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

The boons are really strong from either perspective. I like running them as a survivor because you have that strong safe spot you repeatedly put back up. You don’t have to worry about your aura. You and your entire team can heal without a penalty life self care. Plus you get extra points over and over if needed. It’s really powerful. Too powerful really. It’s fun to run though.

it’s total bs from a killer perspective

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

Another boon thread....

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

I feel like if they reduced the self-heal bonus to 33%, but kept the 100% heal speed bonus for healing others it would be perfect. 24 second self-heals, 8 second heals with a teammate.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

The perk hasn't even been enabled a full week, people are still mass using it out of novelty.

In my experience using the perk, if you don't find a totem and get it up at the beginning of the match then you'll probably spend 90% of the match with it down because you can't find an unbroken totem.

• BloodyHero
    BloodyHero Applicant Posts: 3
    Options

People who havent experienced the actual high mmr won't know what they're saying when they say something is OP. and therefore shouldnt be heard by the dev's. The devs still havent fixed bugs in the game from the killers point of view but they continue to nerf killers relentlessly. For in stance: sound bug where the survivor is on the ground but you cant hear them? That's been around even before my time 3+years. But they continue to nerf killer perks like undying, and pop goes the weasel... and now they added bonus totems?! Absolutely cruel to all killers especially new players. The game is survivor based on high mmr. Killers are forced to camp near hooks just to make they're game worth the suffering. Boon totems are too strong, if the killer cant reset a totem why can a survivor? The survivors basically have 5 perks now.... and that's bs.

• BloodyHero
    BloodyHero Applicant Posts: 3
    Options

People who havent experienced the actual high mmr won't know what they're saying when they say something is OP. and therefore shouldnt be heard by the dev's. The devs still havent fixed bugs in the game from the killers point of view but they continue to nerf killers relentlessly. For in stance: sound bug where the survivor is on the ground but you cant hear them? That's been around even before my time 3+years. But they continue to nerf killer perks like undying, and pop goes the weasel... and now they added bonus totems?! Absolutely cruel to all killers especially new players. The game is survivor based on high mmr. Killers are forced to camp near hooks just to make they're game worth the suffering. Boon totems are too strong, if the killer cant reset a totem why can a survivor? The survivors basically have 5 perks now.... and that's bs.

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243
    Options

Boon totems are like old selfcare (other than the healing mid chase aspect) med kits are strong and should be changed too but boon totems don't stop being a problem because med kits are a problem. Also what are the downsides? other than the range they seem pretty downside free.

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379
    Options

he was talking about medkits not self care please read what you are replying too

• GrayEyes
    Options

not flexing just being honest at high mmr when you get face camped people slam gens every single time that just how high mmr is typically atleast 1 or 2 people are good at looping as well I'm just being honest not trying to be a dick

• GrayEyes
    Options

not saying that just saying at high mmr everyone plays optimally idk why everyone thinks I'm flexing it's not even hard to get high mmr it's pretty easy

• GrayEyes
    Options

well I mean unless every game you get survivors that slam gens then your just not in high mmr there's nothing offensive or wrong with that statement it's just facts typically in high mmr all gens get done in 4-5 mins that's just a fact I'm sorry 8t hurts your feelings

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I think shadow step isn't that strong. It's good but not broken. Circle of Healing on the other hand...

It is way to strong. Unlimited heals, Benefits everyone if 1 person brings it, It can be brought back unlimited amount of times, It makes 3 gen situations a lot easier for survivors, the healing speed is the normal healing speed, and it has a pretty big range.

The drawbacks: Limited range, it takes 12 sec (I think), and it can be snuffed.

There are too many benefits.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,096
    Options

I think the current numbers and limitations of boons are fine. The problem is that killers have no way to really remove the perks from play without tunneling the person with the boon totem to death.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    edited October 2021
    Options

I think any single perk that can counter complete builds and abilities with little to no activation or downside is too strong.

Yeah 14 seconds is an activation time, but when there's 4 survivors who can all be doing different things, it's really not that bad. Especially for team wide extra perks.

Compared to pop, one of the strongest perks that you can have all throughout the match, requires you to chase a survivor, injure then, chase them again and down them, then hook them, then go kick a generator for a 25% regression.

Shadow step alone can counter whole builds. Scratched mirror Myers? Goodbye. Aura reading wraith? Goodbye. BBQ value? Goodbye. Nurses calling? Goodbye. I can go on and on with it.

The only real counter to COH is the broken status, which not a lot of killers have.

Does that mean every match with these perks is an automatic loss? Nah.

There's still the human error aspect. Survivors make mistakes, you snowball and kill everyone. Does it make it harder to do that? Sure.

But even if you can still 4k most matches against it because survivors make mistakes, it doesn't make strong perks not strong.

Right now the boons are overtuned and strong. Once they've made their money from the chapter though, I'm sure they'll be looked at and balanced to be in a healthier state.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

A perk that takes a long time to find and activate for a tiny area of the map to hide an aura is not broken.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited October 2021
    Options

To its credit, I took off BT and dead hard to become a shaman Nea.

This has been the first time in while where I thought it was actually worth it and not just for memes. As much as I liked appraisal for my covetous treasure goblin build, it's not very... "game winning" shall I put it.

• GrayEyes
    Options

definitely not a tiny area especially on maps with multiple floors where it covers both levels lmaoo sluzzy you kill me sometimes

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Play both sides and yes, they're too strong. Killers need a perk that blocks totems, like no way out

• kingbojenbo
    Options

No it's not op, let's not exaggerate.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

Infinite vs 3 heals?

You vs whole team?

What downsides? Killer doesn't have time to snuff your totems and you can just do it again. There is no downside.

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021
    Options

Yes, it is, let's not underestimate.

This one perk gives everyone 2 perks, so you have 23 perks total whenever boon is active. That's not broken?

Snuff is pointless to do, just waste of time.

Boon totem completely denies hit&run and 3-gen strategy.

So best option is just tunnel... enjoy

• kingbojenbo
    Options

That's your story and I'm sure you're sticking to it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

maybe corrupt intervention could be added to blocking totems.

• GrayEyes
    Options

I love how one of the counter arguments is the killer can snuff it in 1 sec when you can just run into ame heal with spine chill and instantly run away when hes headed that way and bless it again this is super easy to do and still not time consuming when you are playing swf

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021
    Options

If you wanna watch killer suffer....

But CoH is not broken, right?

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
  • Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I like this idea. A perk that blocks all totems for 90 seconds at the beginning of the match. Wouldn't be horrible.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that it'd be just another perk to deal with bad game mechanics which shouldn't be reinforced. There's already so many of those. Instead they should just fix the core mechanic.

BT and DS to combat camping instead of addressing that mechanic, unbreakable for slugging, Ruin and pop for gen times.

I feel they should fix their mechanics instead of introducing new chapters and perks that I have to spend money on if I want to deal with those poor mechanics.

• kingbojenbo
    Options

I had suggested a cooldown after a killer snuffs out the totem. You mentioned tunneling as a "strategy". Tunneling is never a strategy and if it's relied on then the killer is terrible. I've seen many experienced killers destroy teams without resorting to those tactics.

• GrayEyes
    Options

must not have been facing good teams then cause even great killers like otz and dosey struggle to get a single hook or kill against pro teams like Oracle

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021
    Options

Depends on team, depends on killer.

Is it possible to win without it? Yes, some games. Can you win every game like that? No

Cool-down does nothing, unless it's really big like 2 minutes. It's not like you run there asap to use it again, there is no need for that.

You could just use 2 players with CoH and they will keep 1 always active.

Unless killer will get option to destroy totem completely, it will always be just waste of time. Even if killer can destroy it, they will be super strong for SWF.

It's a strategy. It's a plan how you are going to play the game.

Strategy - "a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim."

You don't have to like it, but that doesn't change anything. I don't like to play against CoH, and fact is that tunneling is best way to deal with it.

• kingbojenbo
    Options

In my suggestion I recommended that it's a shared cooldown between all survivors having boon perks. I'm not sure on the cooldown time I agree it should last a bit, something like 20 seconds wouldn't cut it.

• Dino7281
    Options

Shared cool-down doesn't do much. What if 1 boon is already active, then they just don't care about cool-down.

It will never been something worth leaving gens for.

• Dino7281
    Options

1 second is animation, but he has to leave gens, or lose chase for it.

I just ignore them, unless they are next to a hooked survivor / gen. It's just waste of time.

Some players forget that time 1 out of 4 is different than 1 out of 1.

• BeanLag
    BeanLag Member Posts: 94
    Options

Dude with the boon totem i heal on average now like 6 or 7 times per game because i do a LOT of protection hits now, knowing that i have a literal infinite healing source which heals pretty fast

• thrawn3054
    Options

Range, time invested for the setup, and how easy it is for your setup to be undone.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Again, 3 with no perk involvement.

Killers can easily snuff them, I've watched them do it alot. So yes, it can be a significant time sink.

• thrawn3054
    Options

So, you waste alot of time healing now. Which means you aren't spending that time on gens like you would have before.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Agree/disagree

People play them a lot because they're new.

Once that dies down they won't be that popular.. people will go back to their old meta perks.. heck they're already not as popular as they were. and they've been out for a week.

One thing that makes them less OP is the fact it takes ages to set up, and the killer can undo it in half a second.

I find them annoying when playing either side, honestly.. For my type of gameplay, I think Shadow Step is worse.. I don't care if they can self care in that corner, as long as I can still see scratchmarks and auras.