can we PLEASE bring back the old ds and leave it there

Options
KiwiFruitera
KiwiFruitera Member Posts: 1
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So like, i come back after months of not playing dbd and apparently the only thing keeping me from being tunneled was nerfed. Now i cant heal, repair, mend, etc. #########. I just got tunneled for five minutes, unable to heal, and my ds ran out anyway, atleast make it so that it doesnt run out so i can save it. There is little the devs can do to stop tunneling i get it, but why would you nerf the only thing discouraging killers not to tunnel.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 215
    edited November 2021
    Options

If you were being tunneled for a long time then then let the killer whack you and get the value out of the DS lol. If you've time to heal/repair/mend then you don't need DS tbh. I'm a survivor main and i've only ever used it once and had a fun old time with it lol. My teammates had time to do a gen and i still got away from an annoying killer who was chasing me

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options
  • deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

honestly i wouldn't mind if the current version of ds has an unlimited timer on it

it'd be funny if a survivor threw by not doing gens for 4 minutes because they wanted to stun me for 5 seconds

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    edited November 2021
    Options

Can we PLEASE bring back shadow raiders! Ffs it wasn't that bad of a show it had ######### planets that ate other planets how is that not ######### cool screw you guys.

Also ds is fine.

Also Rupert. Bring back Rupert.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

No

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Old DS was protecting for 1 minute, same as after nerf. So how would it protect you if you being tunneled for 5 minutes?

If you actually tunneled it protects you basicly on the same level as before. If you not chased off hook and you have time to heal, repair, save or cleanse, it means you are not tunneled anymore.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    edited November 2021
    Options

God, no. What the nerf did was prevent you from trolling the killer by completing a gen in their face, or DSing them after the killer had an entire chase with someone else because you got unhooked late and they found you on an objective forty seconds later. The perk's anti-tunnel function is still perfectly intact. If you are being tunneled, you can still DS the killer within the one-minute frame the perk has always run on. It's just that 'not being tunneled' is not the same as a one-minute immunity card.

And voila, most survivors stopped using it overnight.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

A lot of people hit me with troll DS. And once I decide to actually tunnel them, I bet they wished they had the perk that preventing me from having my way with them. But nah, those deliverance memes, bro!

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

For me DS still works just fine. Deliverance + DS it is as I can not use BT to protect myself.

If you get "tunnled" for 5 minutes...the question is what happend to your team? Did they just chill at the balcony of Ormont, sipping some drinks while watching your chase? Five minutes is more than enough to finish all generators if no pressure is being applied.

Sure, getting tunnled feels bad. Happens to me too and the worst thing is when a Killer knows what he is doing. However then they are not tunneling you for 5 minutes...its more like: 20 seconds and its over.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

If you can heal, or do anything that deactivates it, you're not being tunneled.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

Wouldn't missing the skillcheck deactivate ds though?

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options

No, DS is fine where it is at.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

Only if you try for it and miss if you don't hit anything at all then you can save it for next time.

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222
    Options

No, DS was ultra unfair for killers, people farming unhooks in the endgame because everybody has ds....

if you don't want deactive your DS then don't heal yourself

if the killer is far from the hook, let the rescuer heal you, DS only deactivate if you do the action.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Let's bring back old Mori's aswell :)

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 931
    Options

no just the old dc was broken 

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 905
    Options

You can mend with ds btw

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

Untrue. If Decisive strike was designed to be purely anti tunnel then

1 It should have 2 uses, why should it be disabled if used, if the killer is hit with Decisive, they won't go oh no I tunnelled, they say great now I can freely tunnel this guy.

2 the perk should only be disabled if a gen is touched or if a player heals (ect) why do killers still have the option to down a player and wait out the timer, old DS, sure slugging was a means of countering, but slugging now is simply abusing an already weak perk..

3 Decisive should not have a skill check or at least should not be affected by perks/addons(ect) that effect skill checks. Why do I only have a chance of escaping. I know its easy to hit the skill check but I do miss it occasionally and when I do, not only I suffer but my whole team suffers because of it. Killers even have a means of countering Decisive, unnerving presence/ enduring, clowns gas. This perk is supposed to stop killers from playing an unfun playstyle and yet have plenty of ways of countering it.

Lets be real the rework to Decisive strike was rushed and now the perk only really works if the killer is standing in front of the hook and chooses to pick them up immediately. Even if they do depending on the killer Decisive strike is not a big deal, especially high mobility killers such as nurse and Blight.

Old Decisive may have been strong but at least it made killers fear tunnelling. Unlike now where killers have little fear of the perk. Please bring back Old Decisive (Not original Decisive ) to return the game back to when tunnelling was really punishing.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

Yeah, I would let you bleed out on ground whenever I will think you have DS...

So, I don't think you want this. Even that minute when killer waits can be annoying, when you actually don't play DS.

• Dino7281
    Options

I actually got value from DS way more since nerf, just because killers don't respect it that much, unless you make it super obvious that you have DS...

DS is not weak at all and you really don't wanna make it infinite duration on ground, I would let you bleed out...

I wouldn't mind bigger skill check.

• Icaurs
    Options

The issue isn't that I'm not getting tunnelled I am A LOT. lets say 1/10 games I miss the skill check. 2/10 the killer slugs. 2/10 the killer is nurse/ blight or spirit, high mobility incredibly fast downing speed making the perk have far less value. 1/10 games after I land the DS is screw up or get genuinely outplayed and go down fairly quickly after the stun. Does those numbers seem fair? 6/10 games I do not feel like the killer the is properly punished for tunnelling. This takes up an entire perk slot just to punish a playstyle that is already toxic. I know that tunnelling already punishes the killer by rewarding few points and lets say in most cases your teammates do the objective and 3 escape. All that means is is not only does nobody win as the person who dies get nothing and the people who did the objective won't pip in I believe silver onwards with zero benevolence and zero chase. But I still am miserable even if I help my teamates escape As for the bleedout point, I would make it the perk works by stunning the killer when they hit the survivor and giving the survivor the mettle of man effect.

• Dino7281
    Options

"Does those numbers seem fair?"

Well, those numbers are made from nothing...

I can say we face actual tunneling in like 1 of 10 games. So based on that it's fine?

You have perks and tactics that just results in tunneling being best option for a killer -> looking at CoH.

There is usually reason why killer is tunneling, or it's not actual tunneling at all.

If a killer doesn't have any better option other than leave that survivor, it's not tunneling.

If that killer just downed you and left, it's not tunneling.

If you tried to get BT hit with body-blocking killer and he waits 12 seconds, it's not tunneling.

I always go for protective hits when killer is chasing someone on dead hook, I even let them down me if needed.

• ausanimal
    Options

Test it next time and see that and see what happen;s some survivors will leave to 2nd hook, so if gates are open and the survivors get the other person off the hook they have BT + DS = they escape

• ausanimal
    Options

The same could be said for killers with all of that, how many perk slots do killers have to use to try and slow the pace off the game down, instead off running new builds, builds to meme around with etc A lot of killers can't and they are forced to run perks so slow the game sown.

• Icaurs
    Options

I was pretty generous with those numbers to exaggerate my point. At high rank DBD most games if not all involve tunnelling to a certain degree. Ask any experienced killer and they will tell you they need to tunnel to win against top survivors. If killers aren't tunnelling and are still winning in your matches, then you or your teammates are objectively bad. with SBM it has now become so bad D strike is now mandatory. What a lot of killers will do is camp or tunnel one survivor to death and hope they die before the last gen so they only have to pressure 3 people. I sympathise with killer mains, I really do, and I struggle to be motivated to paly killer, however tunnelling, camping and slugging is toxic. It's the same as 4 survivors running 4 speed toolboxes or deliberately letting teammates die simply so the killer gets less points. It is really bad for the game and needs to be discouraged. Just because something is effective or (necessary) does not mean its good. Also slugging somebody of hook is tunnelling, objectively, your dying state is a health bar, the killer is decreasing your health bar while on the ground. that is still targeting them, (tunnelling.) As for your point with BT, yeah I agree if you taunt with BT or d strike then the killer isn't at fault, but I don't really know what to do about that, and that is a separate issue for a different discussion.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Sure, we can also have old ruin back along with undying.

Sounds a fair compromise.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530
    Options

Also in DS there should be an aura if the killer still decided to tunnel the poor player - it should show the team the survivor and the killer

Or make it so 2 hooks 2 DS fair exchange for the current nerf

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

If only DS was a anti tunnel perk 😔

• Dino7281
    Options

I am pretty confident in being high MMR killer, I usually didn't have to use tunneling, but that just changed since CoH. That is just cheap way of having effect as 4x med-kits. Tunneling is just best way how to deal with CoH / 4x medkits.

I have never said killers win against us, it's rare to get more than 1 dead with my squad. We don't really babysit killers, so we can't be mad when they try to win too. It's just rare to see actual tunneling, most killer are willing to switch if you give them that option. Camping from first hook is even more rare, I really don't count camping when all gens are done, or proxy-camping that is valid too, slugging is really good way how to get pressure, if you think it is toxic and killers should not use it, then you should question your own skill instead...

Slugging is not toxic, camping is not toxic, tunneling is not toxic. You have no idea how toxic looks like...

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

1) If you do the objective/heal/do bones, you are not tunneled.

2) Mending, boxes, Exit Gates, blessing, doesn't remove your DS.

3) Hop into a locker.

• Icaurs
    Options

No you're right, lets have every match of DBD the killer will slug, tunnel and camp because not toxic right. Except it's miserable experience for all players, not just the one on the hook. Bubba stands in front of the hook all match. Not toxic, and if you get slugged off hook, your own fault for getting hooked, not toxic. Killer focus you out of the match, not toxic. Nurse with infectious fright, slugs the entire match? not toxic. Lets say toxic is the wrong word, more like miserable. Ok, so now Dstrike is mandatory, unbreakable is mandatory, Borrowed time is mandatory. This does not sound like a fun healthy game.

There are exceptions when I can accept camping/ slugging, tunnelling, mainly when the last gen is finished, I say anything goes to escape/ kill. As for COH, they need to make it that the self healing speed caps at 50% healing speed as a starting point.

Also I do give killers the option to switch, to the point that I will often trade myself for my teammates if we need more time finish the gens. I don't care about winning, I care about how I win, and sitting on the hook for 3 minutes while my teammates hold M1 because the killer returns to the hook every 30 seconds does not sound like a fun game.

• Icaurs
    Options

Why? What is your issue with D stirke currently? The perk has an auto countdown of only 60 seconds. A survivor cannot touch a gen, so even if they taunt you that they are immune, they aren't doing anything. If they body block for a team mate then just slug them. If you are getting hit by D strike I genuinely don't know how other then you are tunnelling. In which case maybe... stop?

• Dino7281
    Options

CoH will be issue as long everyone can self-heal with same speed as med-kit without valid counter-play.

Both sides have nuclear option and tactics, why is it toxic just because they want to win? There is counter-play to all of that.

Slugging is toxic? Oni and Twins would be terrible without slugging.

Survivor is trying to block me with BT, so I wait and down him, so if I hook him again, it's "tunneling", if I leave him it's slugging and both are in your opinion toxic, so because he wanted to annoy me even tho I wanted to go after unhooking person, I am toxic? Interesting

• Hunter_Main_322
    Options

I have not heard anything more useless

Tunneling needs to be fixed !!!

It is necessary to make it so that it would not be profitable for the killer to run after the unfortunate player

• Hunter_Main_322
    Options

You need to solve a thorny issue with tunneling and camping on the part of the killer

To make it so that it would not be profitable otherwise the game at the moment does not bring pleasure