Killers often slug for 4k. "Last" survivor needs something for that

Options
Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,091

Does anyone have any ideas for these situations beyond finding a bush to hide in for 4 minutes?

I have a perk idea for it, but using perks to solve it is just another band-aid for things the killer can do for free *cough* camp & tunnel *cough*

----

Last Man Standing (or rework for Off the Record)

For each Survivor in the dying state, gain a token up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens. While all remaining survivors are in the dying state, gain 3 tokens. Last Man Standing is not active while in the dying state.

1. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are reduced by 100%.
  2. You do not leave scratch marks or pools of blood.
  3. Your aura will not be shown to The Killer.

----

Basically, more teammates slugged means more stealth.

It's impossible to get max stacks after teammates die, so get max tokens if all remaining teammates are slugged.

Lastly, the perk's disabled while dying to prevent silently crawling.

A simpler alternative is : While 3/2/1 other Survivor(s) are in the dying state, your scratch marks, pools of blood and grunts of pain are hidden.

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

I wouldn't mind if there was a mechanic to stop a killer from bleeding you out. (cause its toxic if on purpose, and annoying waiting it out if the killer needs to cause of lack of hooks)

i dont want a perk for a slugged survivor to get hatch tho.

• Nos37
    Options

Oh, so killers deserve a pity 4k after camping and tunneling out one survivor at a time, applying 0 pressure to gens, until two survivors have been sacrificed, and then slugging the 3rd until they find the 4th..?

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Your best bet in this scenario anyhow is to try and stealth it out until the other player bleeds out.

There's a multitude of perks that can help with this just fine. My favorite is Iron Will + Diversion. I've actually used this combo before to throw a killer off that was looking for me after slugging the last survivor and it bought me enough time to keep hiding until said person bled out.

• Nos37
    Options

I didn't. I was on the last gen when the killer found the other survivor. They slugged them and came to my gen. If I had no scratch marks, I could've gone and picked them up.

I'm playing solo with other solos at mid MMR, but I guess only SWFs deserve wins then...

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

Solo can absolutely suck and there's not much you can do about that, but solos can still escape. It's just harder.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288
    Options

I play solo to and i win most of my games i only want to se kindred basekit it will help because people dont want to waste perk slot for it.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288
    Options

I dont get this i lost game i had bad game killer was "toxic" and i come here on forum to complain.. Like you can win them all

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Just let a survivor that's being slugged for more than 30 seconds with only one other survivor still alive make the choice of giving up so that they instantly die. This uses up all of their remaining hook states with the associated bloodpoints, emblems etc.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options
  • burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited April 2022
    Options

And what if you don't have your obsession in reach?

And no, i mean something free that can be obtained without even doing anything and without any drawbacks like hatch.

Even NOED has the drawback of playing with 3 of 4 perks all game.

With hatch you can hide and outlive all your teammates and escape with barely more than 5k BP but still rather unearned, maybe for FINDING the hatch but otherwise? Meh.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited April 2022
    Options

Good job moving the goalpost/changing to a specific scenario, but no, the equivalent to hatch would be if all 4 survivor are alive during eg and some mechanic would give the killer the chance to get one pity kill and to not upset survivor it would need to be excluding tunneling or camping.

Something to circumvent the normal gameplay scenario like hatch makes repairing generators and opening the gates obsolete for the survivor and doesn't requirtle a perk.

Of course the survivor would need to have the option to shut down that mechanic like a killer can close hatch.

Edit: Ah also, since i never addressed your topic itself, i hope you also advocate for something in killerside when 3 survivor with multiple second chance perks try their damn est to rescue their buddy from the hook instead of letting the killer have their on kill as this would be the inverted scenario of the killer doing their damn est to get the 4k by slugging and you ask for help against that.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 833
    Options

There was a genius idea i heard idk who i heard this from. When you are the last survivor instead of the hatch or trying to go for a door you initiate a different egc. End game chase. Where so many pallets respawn based on how many gens were done. Then the killer sees the last survivors aura if they are far away. Then after a set amount of time if the killer cannot catch the survivor then the survivor escapes. If the killer catches them they get to mori.

To me it seems way more engaging and more in line with the way we play the game now. Less immersed and more about the chase. Which is the most fun aspect of the game.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited April 2022
    Options

First of all, please no more ‘perk solutions’. Secondly, the killer player has the right to look for the fourth survivor. Slugged survivors will eventually bleed out, after four minutes max. You have several perks already to counter this play style, should you choose to use them.

As for slugging just because? The base kit solution is to simply allow a slugged survivor to accelerate their bleed out timer when all other survivors are dead, hooked, and/or also in the dying state. The killer can still look for their fourth survivor, but can no longer keep multiple survivors hostage for toxic reasons.

• t0007319
    t0007319 Member Posts: 176
    Options

Yet killers get NOED and blood warden, definitely some balancing issues

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Both are mediocre Perks that don't grant free Sacrifices, unlike Hatch, which is a pity escape for losing

• t0007319
    Options

You literally just highlighted the issue for solo players which is most of the player base?

im convinced some killer mains here have a god complex, I like playing killer but I know after using blood warden and NOED how easy we truly have it and I’ve played solo q enough to see how bad it gets, I do feel for them after working so hard.

I don’t think there should be any perks altering the end game for any sides in fairness.

• t0007319
    Options

Nobody said that? We’re discussing perks which alter the end game or I thought that’s what this thread was about, also I never agreed with OP I’m just stating that there are perks which already alter the end game experience.

• t0007319
    Options

There was no inferring, but way to jump to conclusions man, not sure why you’re so bothered by someone stating perks which do similar things to what op is asking?

• t0007319
    Options

I said on these forums, look at all the recent posts, it’s quite obvious man.

But sure on the game itself in chat on pc I’ve seen my fair share of salty survivors too, but generally I play console so I don’t get toxic chat luckily.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Four minutes is a long time for survivors to be bored while you sweat for a 4k. I mean, outside of adept chasing or getting that last bbq stack, what's the harm on just hooking the 3rd guy and playing things out.

I'm not saying you have to give the hatch or escape, but it's boring as hell (as killer too) to slug for the 4k.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

I agree and usually don’t slug for the 4k, but at least you can do something else while the killer and other remaining survivor do their thing. We could always use that husk idea that’s been floating around for years. Let the dying survivor leave the trial with whatever BP they earned and such, while a motionless husk stays in their place. And let the last two players do whatever they want.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

Going for the 4k is not sweating in any way.

Maybe if you sweated more during the match you wouldn't be on the floor bleeding

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 567
    edited April 2022
    Options

It used to be called the DC tech back in the days where the last survivor found hatch while the other DC to give the person the hatch. I still do it till I reach the maximum DC penalty of 30 minutes. After that, I just go to the next game and hope the other person found hatch. That and I have two alts account to play to wait out the DC penalty timer because Family sharing and getting the game for free in Epic are a thing.

Anyhow, The killer can slug and attempt the 4K all he likes. I just want to get to the next game already :/.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    edited April 2022
    Options

Can't delete my post, but I edited it.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    edited April 2022
    Options

Nope, nope offense.

I did it because a mod removed your post (as far as I am aware), and it would have been in poor taste (and possibly against the rules?) to reply to it. Plus, I did not want to stir drama with what the content of your post was.

The thing is; slugging is part of the game. The Killer has every right to go for a 4K, and Survivors don't get to decide 'This is an OK time to DC because I don't like this'.

If a person can't handle ALL ASPECTS of a game (slugging, loops, pallets, tunneling, camping) and use them as a BS excuse to DC; they should just not play until they mature.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • DrDeepwound
    Options

I saw the post too, it is amazing what people admit to doing on the forum as if some way to get back at killers.

its hilarious tbh

• DrDeepwound
    Options

Anyone else find the "I don't want to sit here for 2 minutes as a slug so I will dc then have to wait an additional 5 minutes" funny?

Way to go survivor, you really stuck it to the killer with that one.