Killers should have 6 perks

DBDVulture
DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Many killer perks can be removed from the game; as an example corrupt goes away after 2 minutes. Hexes can be game changing but also can be found and removed.

By design survivors are supposed to have stronger perks - this is a paraphrased quote from Mat Cote in 2016. But when you consider SWF on top of this it just feels like a losing balance to want to play killer. In the case of a SWF you are playing against 12 perks with 4 perks. Let's not even mention the information they get for free in a SWF that could be worth 4-12 perks worth of information.

It would greatly help to balance SWF if killers got 6 perks. This would help all the low tier killers tremendously. This would likely make Nurse/Blight too strong (nerf their kits slightly and some of their broken addons).

It would likely make most people playing DBD much happier.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited May 2022

Sure a Ruin/undying/PR/Starstruck/agaitation/DH nurse sounds totally fair and fun!

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,291

Only if hooked survivors will teleport away from a camping killer and can then unhook themselves, even during second stage.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

No, sounds awful. If this happens certain perks will need to be nerfed into the ground

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

5 perks against 3-4 swf premades would be a good start to balance the game

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited May 2022

That'd only make things worse

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Not only solo survivors exist so the game shouldn't be balanced around SWF, but also most SWF aren't sweaty godlike survivors and lastly having 6 perks would not be balanced at all, it would just make the games longer and more tedious, without even nerfing sweaty SWF.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I had an idea long ago about putting certain perks into categories and you could only bring a certain amount. To prevent the stacking of gen slow downs or 2nd chance perks. But we all know bhvr can't do that :p

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

The thing is, there are not really any definitions for those terms. It would be impossible to categorize them in a way to make it fair and understandable for everyone.

E.g. Corrupt Intervention, some would classify it as a Gen Slowdown-Perk, others not. What about Thanatophobia, which affects everything (except for Healing)?

For Survivors as well, how would you categorize a second chance-Perk? Some players think that BT is a second-chance Perk, but this would mean that bringing BT would not allow to bring an actual second chance-Perk.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Thana/Pain resonance/Pop/ Call of brine/HEX:Undying/ Hex ruin

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

6 slowdowns hell yeah! And bring back Freddy's slowdown add-ons while we're at it.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I'd vouche for 5 perks. Not 6.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2022

If the top 10 most used perks were tracked each season, and if the killer could only equip 3 of those at most, then 6 perks would be fine. (Equipping a 4th would automatically disable the last two slots, for those who really want to use 4 metas like they are allowed to currently.)

There needs to be some way to limit the number of slowdown / meta perks.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,846

Maybe against 4 man swfs but definitely not against every team, and 5 would be more than enough

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032
    edited May 2022

Maybe if they created fixed slots. Killer can bring five if two are chase, two slowdown, one informational. Et cetera.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Only 6...?

At least 10!!!

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Nah think big. 6 isn't nearly enough to fight off those pesky OP survivors. Make it 15 perks with Ruin basekit and we have a deal.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

The problem is swf (with comms) is an advantage. It does not matter if your a sweat squad or just friends chilling. It's an advantage.

The killer is givin nothing to compensate for the swf group having that kind of information and coordination. When I go into a match as killer, I know I am at a disadvantage. I chose to play the game and accept that fact.

What they could do to balance I have no idea. I just hope they do something.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

10 is better.

• DownWithTheSystem
    DownWithTheSystem Member Posts: 7

Swf is one of the biggest issues for killers do you comms. Even bad survivors play better when they are on comms with their friends telling them the location of the killer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

Comms are not the reason why SWFs perform better than Solos. The real reason is because you can filter out Potatoes in SWF. The Comms in casual SWFs will probably not really be meaningful.

• gentacle
    gentacle Member Posts: 260

I disagree ever since they decided that iron will should trump stridor. Killers have strong perks but the meta is preventing the game from being over in a flash while survivors get to use their strong perks. Killers get the 30 seconds that they lose from an optimal dead hard back from slowing the game down. If killers had real chase perks that didn't need to be loaded somehow things might be different but then survivors would be going down asap and still probably not be happy with it.

PWYF needs to be charged. Coup needs to lose generators. STBFL needs to be charged. Spirit fury needs to be charged. Enduring buys you an extra 1 second to kick a pallet or chase around an unsafe loop. Brutal strength probably shouldn't even be mentioned. Bamboozle is good except for when RNG decides to put two strong loops next to each other, or you get sent to the game. I guess beast of prey is technically a chase perk but lol. Blood echo needs certain conditions to be fulfilled (is it a chase perk if it relies on you to already have won a chase?). Hexes crowd control and blood favor can be destroyed and honestly aren't strong enough to be hexes, but would be crazy if they weren't hexes.

I can't think of any other "chase" perks killers get and they all have disadvantages or counter play or some other downside.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Iron Will should be 75% noise reduced. It's actually too strong imho. I don't run it because I think it's that broken/like cheating.

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169

If the plan is to permanently kill the SoloQ, then you have some good ideas.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It could lead to more interesting builds in theory...in practice it'll be another 2 slowdowns stacked on top of an existing 4. Maybe 5 of those and BBQ. I could do without going against a nurse with ruin, undying, pain res, DMS, thana and sloppy butcher

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I say 5 slots not 6.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

and I should have a girlfriend

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,493

Only if survivors get 5th perk as well and I still doubt killers should not have more than 5 perks. Like noed would become way too common with 6 perks.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

6 perks on Pig or Trapper? They might finaly be bit viable lol.

6 perks on Nurse or Blight? Hell no. Not even on any A tier killer.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

When it comes to direct counter perks, it's still in the killers favour.

Stridor works against all four survivors, but a survivor bringing Iron Will only benefits that survivor.

Survivor perks are generally therefore worth 1/4 of a killer perk.

There are exceptions of course, big ones being Boons.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I wouldn´t be opposed to a general perk slot increasement for both sides. The 4 perk limit was fitting for the small amount of perks that we got back at the release. But now we have 7 pages of skills, so increasing it sound reasonable.

Maybe do a test run first. Like 1 week with 5 or 6 perk slots unlocked for everyone and look how that goes. (chaos ensured)

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

There’s no way a Solo Q should be expected to beat say a god Oni, Huntress, Hag, or Artist who run PGTW, Pain Resonance, Corrupt, DMS, with Ruin and Undying

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

How do people actually come up with such ideas?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

A fifth perk slot could be interesting for both sides. For the killer perhaps as someone suggested, it could be a dedicated hex. For survivors? Maybe a dedicated endgame perk. However, probably most people would run adrenaline.

• Tsulan

On one hand i agree with you. Survivors don´t get skilled just because they play with their friends. Someone who is a potatoe alone, will most likely be a potatoe while playing with his friends.

However, a 4 man SWF has the advantage of giving everyone Bond, Empathy, OoO, Alert, Dark Sense, Kindred, Detectives Hunch, and a couple more perks for free. Simply because the whole team will know at all times where the killer is, what he´s doing, where totems or Traps are, etc. Which is a undenyable advantage. Even for potatoes. A little coordination can make all the difference. Say, the chased survivor has Adrenaline and the other survivors wait to finish the last gen. Not hard to pull off, but it can have a big impact.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200
    edited May 2022

Even that isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Playing DBD well and communicating several vital pieces of information about the location of several things to 3 other people at once over VC are two very different skillsets.

Most of my SWF games sound like this:

"Killers by the shack."

"What? I'm in the shack."

"No I mean the other shack, the building not the killer shack."

"You should have said killer shack."

"Well it's still a shack."

"Killer shack is a specific thing."

"Killer's left me."

"Yeah thanks that was about 30s too late because you two were arguing about what to call the shack, now I'm dead."

"Don't bring the killer to me!"

"I didn't know you were there!"

• Tsulan

This sounds extremely different from the SWF matches i had with randoms on the official discord.

Those were like:

"i have adrenaline, just 99% the last gen and be prepared to finish it"

"got the killer on my back, running toward the watertower"

"nah, we are at the watertower. Take him somewhere else"

"okay then i´ll need someone to take a protection hit"

"on my way"

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

yikes. no.

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

Umm Killers will toss a perk to BBQ just for Bloodpoints. Its not that BBQ isnt a solid perk, its a nice balanced one but its popularity is because of the bonus BP. They specifically make killer perks more powerful than survivor perks because of the 4v1.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Thats it? You're gonna run 6 perks to guard gens?

Do you have any idea how insane you could build with 6 perks and have dual triple synergies and debuffs?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743
    edited May 2022

Would I run that? Absolutely not, with 6 perk slots I could get incredibly creative.

Will a lot of people run that? Yes, because they prioritise gen slowdown. Synergy is irrelevant, if one gen pops you lose.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Ahh yes...the gen problem....it always comes back to this age old BS unbalanced gen problem.

I have a feeling nothing significant is going to change about this game because its stuck on the same concepts indefinitely.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

yeah.

My SWF is terrible, even when they try to sweat.

We usually end up sandbagging each other.

although, 2/4 players are really new.