Camaraderie / Kinship Rework Idea

Options
RisingTron
RisingTron Member Posts: 508
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Camaraderie is one of the handful of perks in the game, that's sole purpose is to counter camping.

The description reads - "While you are on the hook in the Struggle Phase, Camaraderie activates: If another Survivor is within 16 meters of your Hook while Camaraderie is active, the Struggle Phase timer is Paused for 26/30/34 seconds."

Why not just change it to if the killer is within 16 meters of your hook for "X amount of seconds" the struggle phase timer will pause for 26/30/34 seconds?

Obviously it can't trigger immediately cause not every killer will camp. It has to trigger if the killer is genuinely camping. With a mechanic similar to Stake Out or Pebble where if you're within a certain range for a period of time the perk will fill up and then the timer will pause? What do we think about that?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

I would like it to be a perk that truly helps with camping. so yes I agree

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

This effect + Some kind of clearer visual indicator to your team that you have this perk would go a long way

Killers would actually despise this perk, I know there's a few games I'd have lost if the survivors had it

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508
    Options

That's exactly why I hate the perk as it is now. It requires your team to KNOW you have it so you can get value out of it. Which is impossible in solo queue.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I think Kinship represents my connection with my killer buddy. Or call it staring contest. Either way I agree with OP.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

A perfect idea if I do say so myself. It would go a long way in helping punish face campers

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited May 2022
    Options

The perk should absolutely have a visual indicator for your teammates to see that you have it.

There are pros and cons to basing it off of killer proximity. It's easier to use if it's based off the killer, but then the killer is less likely to camp in the first place if they see that Cama procs immediately. So you might end up getting a whole lot less out of it if the killer never camps in the first place because they see it activate. You then have a perk to counter camping that causes a killer to never camp.

If it's based off of the teammate, you can delay the activation a bit and force the killer into a sunk cost situation. This makes it a hugely effective perk. It's devastating for a killer when the timer pauses halfway because they've already committed to the camp. But not many players are aware of how this perk works, and using it optimally in solo queue is ridiculously difficult.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

That's not really the spirit of the perk.

Honestly it just needs the kindred treatment allowing the person with the perk is use when they get in range of someone in 2nd state or when someone gets in range and they are in 2nd state.

Plus some kind of indicator when you are hooked so your teammates know you have it.

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762
    Options

Not a fan, I personally find face camping extremely fun, far more fun than chasing, or even having s## tbh.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I like this to be more extreme.

If the killer is closer than 16m for a few seconds, the perk activates; Entity progress on the hook is slowed to a crawl.

Make teammates do something in tandem to make it a team effort to squash the camper

~

While hooked, if the killer is within 16 meters of the hook, hook progress is slowed by 8/12/16% for each other survivor working on a generator.

When another survivor is hooked, their hook progress is slowed by 8/12/16% while you work on a generator outside of the killer’s terror radius.

(This is revealed to other survivors while you are hooked, and stacks)

~

Something like that.

If the killer tries to camp you from beginning to end, and the team works on generators and sweeps in to save at the last possible second, you can gain up to 50 seconds additional hook time.

When another survivor is hooked, doing a generator will add ~20 seconds to the total hook time of your ally.

If the entire team runs the perk and focuses on generators, you can look at an additional 100+ seconds of hook time provided the killer is camping while the team continues to do generators.

This guarantees the perk will find value in its niche circumstance, and will serve to stomp out any and all face-campers without breaking the bank. If an entire team runs the perk to foil campers, then it’s balanced properly as a worthy effort - and doesn’t find any true value once camping becomes a viable part of the game: During the end game.