Slowdown Perks Carries Killers

Options
2»

Comments

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

And survs get carried by the devs with all their 2nd chance perks. You think that's bad imagine playing against stacks of the same meta loadout every game, oh wait, killer's don't have to imagine it. You only have to deal with 4 non-repeatable perks, with the ability to completely negate others. Great killer loadout though.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited May 2022
    Options

Demo portals can be destroyed, and he's not strong enough a killer to say "He shouldn't be able to place that thing that has a counter next to our objective". Ruin can be destroyed, POP requires a chase/2 hits/down/hook. Scourge requires the same + only has limited hooks available.

You have a key and two toolboxes in play, you've got survivors with off-meta builds against a killer who is obviously playing to win and has a decent killer + perks. You lost because your teammates weren't as good as you think they were, and you have a lot of points because this killer was simply very skilled and gave you all free saves.

So, if you want to make the argument that gen regression perks are too strong if a good killer is using them, sure, but technically speaking MMR should be placing that killer against survivors who.. are close to equally skilled, and likely have similar meta perks. It's one match I wouldn't wrute a book balance over it

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Please don't compare dead hard to a massive slowdown build. It doesn't open the gates against a massive slowdown build, especially when the killer has incredible map pressure.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    edited May 2022
    Options

Yeah Sluzzy's right, please don't compare Dead Hard to slowdown perks

Slowdown perks actually have counterplay, getting better at survivor and not losing chase/getting hooked.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

If you complain about Demogorgon being too strong in any way, you're just bad at the game and should probably stop playing

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Pwned.

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

I can't hear this. He had to earn that pop and pain resonance by hooking all of you. He didn't have undying so cleansing ruin wouldn't be such a big deal. I can agree on tinkerer being annoying tho.

As for being outclassed by perks you yourself had dead hard-braindead, overused and overpowered perk in current meta that survivors do not have to earn unlike pop/pain resonance or has counterplay like ruin.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

*enter in the thread*

*read what op wrote*

laugh

*saw the screenshot*

*saw dead hard*

leave

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,002
    Options

Second chance perks carry survivors. Whats your point?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited May 2022
    Options

Sluzzy, just for you, I'll get a 4K using no slowdown Perks and only going for 360° Shreds with no Portals, that way you'll finally realize that Survivors lose because they make mistakes, not because Killers are overpowered

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

I honestly could not tell you, I think I faced 2 pinheads just yesterday. But I'd love to not see him for weeks.

Penti can be good! The executioner does also well with that one. Though one of the combinations that can work really well is undying with Devour, HG or even NOED. I keep forgetting that undying can give them a second life. It can be so strong!!

• Endrwf
    Endrwf Member Posts: 19
    Options

"Slowdown perks stacked are not fair"

Cause you can't rush gens?

• Sluzzy
    Options

Is preventing the other side from doing the objective using perks really winning?

• Sluzzy
    Options

If you would actually play survivor you would know that is not true. Killers have it very easy now.

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
    Options

Maybe the same reason Dead Hard and DS carries survivors... Ups... XD

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

killers wouldn't need slowdown perks if gens didn't fly.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440
    Options

Some people seriously need to grow a pair and play some killer.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'm amazed that Sluzzy threads still manage to bait so many people

Truly well done

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,215
    Options

20 seconds to find someone, 20 second chase, 10 second pickup + carry, 20 second to find someone else. Sounds quite fast right? But that's 70 seconds, and a gen takes 80 seconds. So if people always split up on gens that means 3 gens completed after 1 chase. Chase someone off a gen? The other person takes over. It's a 4v1.

• Endrwf
    Endrwf Member Posts: 19
    Options

The objective of killers is preventing that survivor do their objective.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I don´t see whats the issue with this match. You died and got more points than most people that survive after a gen rush.

You said yourself, killer played fair, didn´t camp or tunnel. Yet you complain.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    Options

I would kinda argue that both sides have perks to out perk one another. It's kinda the whole point perks exist, to help out the player and give them a better chance at winning the match. Are gen regression perks annoying when they get rid of a bunch of progress from the many minutes you spent trying to compete that gen? Yes. But it's also annoying when you finally catch up to a survivor and you're about to hit them and they dead hard away. So it really goes both ways, everyone's trying to use perks to gain an advantage, it's apart of the game.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

I don't really think slowdown perks are much of a problem on most killers.

Unless it's nurse or blight, in that case it's huge cringe and I do agree then they just carry bad players

Still, I don't see the fun of using 3 slowdowns on other killers either. I'd rather use other stuff too, although against some teams it can be tough/unwinnable (but I'm calling for it and not complaining)

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

You realize that the only way killers can play "fair" (according to survivor's rulebook) is basically stacking slowdown perks right? If you don't run them, you are forced to tunnel and even camp (just watch Otzdarva's challenge).

The funny thing about all of this is seeing that Deadhard which is basically the perk that defines the meta right now.

• Sluzzy
    Options

My complaint is that regardless of how well the survivors played in trying to do the objective, it was impossible due to slowdown perks. A high mobility killer shouldn't be able to use slowdown perks.

• Sluzzy
    Options

What happens if they don't play fair and still use slowdown?

I would argue the killer meta defines the meta. It basically forces you to have to play in the best SWF or you definitely lose. Every match should be fair play but it is not currently.

Otz practically never loses as killer.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I am using only 1 slow-down on Nurse and it is not hard to kill survivors. Blight and Nurse don't need strong perks, i agree with that.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options

the 14k bloodpoints, you call that lot of points?

I get close to that number after getting tunneled

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

Its actually the opposite.

The only reason why killers stack antigen perks it is because if they don't do so, efficient survivors can finish the 5 gens in 4 minutes or less, even if the killer is constantly chasing one survivor.

So they have to play that kind of builds to have a chance.

If you wonder why, deadhard allows survivors to extend the chase (worst case scenario, for almost a minute), so basically the killers are always against the clock.

When you play as killer, you have to consider this: one time you full commit to the wrong chase, game is over. Time is crucial, no mistakes allowed.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    Options

@Sluzzy make a post about Dredge and his georgious antiloop power, I`m sure there's enough material for you