Decisive strike should not work with lockers/perk combos

Options
2»

Comments

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

I tried to play without DS, but all the tunneling or farming teammates were getting on my nerves.

If I hop in a locker, I feel tunneled. That's my way to tell the killer to leave me alone (I want to have a fun match too, and getting tunneled is not fun) for a bit. Sometimes they leave me alone, sometimes not. But it's similar like getting slugged. Minus the fact that I can't do ######### when they leave me alone. Which is boring.

But usually I don't go to lockers with DS active.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

One way to nerf DH would be to get rid of the I-frames or just make it available once or twice.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,282
    Options

Good point. If the last survivor gets off the hook themselves, they pretty much are guaranteed to get out. Opening the exit gate definitely SHOULD count to cancel DS, just like a generator does... but it doesn't. I remember one game where I specifically did not camp, the survivor got rescued and then the rescuer immediately hit the gate and left... so I downed the last survivor, and... DS... she got out. It was so annoying, but hey... at least that scenario will be no longer with the new "Finisher Mori" eh?

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Or maybe they can remove the + unbreakable combo working, who knows.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Two perk slots to counter two killer strategies that don't require any perks? Don't think so. They hardly ever serve their purpose well without each other, which is why it was (and kind of still is) meta for so long. They live in symbiosis.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601
    Options

why is slugging them and coming back later any worse?

If the killer chooses to leave the survivor in the locker, they're in a better position to exit the locker and heal up / reposition to re-enter the game as a valid target. Being slugged by comparison puts significant additional pressure on the survivors, which is worse.

why doesn't touching a gate disable it anyway?

I'm not sure, actually. I imagine it has something to do with avoiding the risk of a survivor being put into a no-win scenario, or just being comfortable with the survivor being able to utilize DS as a late game survival tool (with the cancellation being directed more towards early/midgame usages when gens are still in play) - but I can't say for sure. I think it's fine as-is, though.

• Prex91
    Options

They have to fix with basekit stuff. Not with perke that obviously became meta. Non one will ever consider to play we Are gonna live forever, and help a slugged teammates with DS. People will simply rush gens instead, the tunneled one get Up himself with a second chance, into another second chance ds still active, into another second chance dead hard, into maybe another one with insta heal or soul guard. And teammates rush boring gens instead of interact with others, killer lose all pressure. A perk baindaid fix to design issues only give other issues, Make bt basekit, but nerf ds+unbreakable would be only better.

• Prex91
    Options

Make bt basekit would solve both problems. You have time to get to a safe loop. So you can nerf ds and unbreakable, making killer have value of slugging a survivor unhoocked, and teammates leave boring gens to help him. Why help teammates if OP perks can do all the job better?