Scourge Hook Spawns are Dumb

Current Scourge Hooks

• When the Trial begins, 4 random hooks are converted into Scourge Hooks, which apply the effects of the appropriate perks.

The Problem

• The random spawning of Scourge Hooks are far too random, and can sometimes cause them to spawn on a single side of a map if you are extremely unlucky.
  • Some can even be too far away from you being able to use them.

The Solution

• When the Trial begins, if you have a Scourge Hook perk equipped, you gain the ability to Corrupt up to 4 hooks.
    • Press the activate ability button within close proximity to a hook to corrupt it, turning it into a Scourge Hook for the remainder of the Trial.

This basically gets rid of all of the issues with Scourge Hook spawning entirely, since the player gets to decide where they want to put the Scourge Hooks instead of the game itself deciding to. It gives people that extra little bit of autonomy without completely breaking the game.

Comments

• Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83

Nah, enough would be to set a minimal distance between individual SH. So you have about 1 SH per 1/4 of map.

• Clockwork_Enigma
    Clockwork_Enigma Member Posts: 529

I thought about that, but I think the interactivity of making it a command ability would be a lot more productive and fun for the Killer base.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2022

Just do 2 center-hooks and 2 random on the maps.

But indeed its sometimes terrible!

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

At the very least, a minimum distance between all four is in order. RNG is ok for them, but only to an extent.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Scourge hooks are like hexes.

Most value of them if they spawn in good spots.

But anyway... my luck with scourges on maps like Eyrie of Crows, Shelter Woods or RPD makes me want to uninstall xD Those maps are cursed...

• Clockwork_Enigma
    Clockwork_Enigma Member Posts: 529

Minimum distance causes the issue of elevation distance, too.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I'd rather the scourge hooks just prioritize the hooks towards the center of the map - which would entice survivors to run to edges to avoid them, but means that they are the most frequently accessible.

Which would also take care of the issue where they can either be grouped up together or spawn on different floors to impossible or deleterious effect.

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 507

I had a game on dead dawg where 3 of the 4 hooks were right next to each other...like why.