Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hook camping penalty

The 5m range to penalty is too small and the the penalty is too minimal. Two fixes that can deter hook camping further is either a much heavier penalty to your points or to increase the range from 5 meters to 15 meters of the hook.

Comments

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 391

How about this then, remove 30% of the pallets from all maps since survivors get too much in the ways of safety nets.

• Huntressmain_1223
    Huntressmain_1223 Member Posts: 153

Why do survivors always complain about camping hooks when all they do is camp pallets as well?

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

Killers who complain about pallet camping really demonstrate they have no idea how to play killer. I love when survivors camp pallets, because they burn through their recourses twice as fast.

• Huntressmain_1223

I mention for trolling all survivors so is run from pallet to pallet and by the time the killer reach them 2 or 3 gens go, it also demonstrates pallet campers have no idea how to play survivor

• Icaurs

There are not enough safe pallets for that to work. If you are versing survivors who play like that and you are still losing, the game is not the problem, you are. The hardest part of killer is forcing the pallet drop, if survivors are dropping it early, then you are being given a massive advantage. I suggest you practice more at survivor.

• Huntressmain_1223

I suggest you delete the game, your the one that complained first of course about killers and camping hooks but survivors have there own version of it ,and no the hardest part of killer is getting the survivors and making sure they are dead as that's the whole point and there are many pallets in a game so of course it would work because they do it all the time maybe you should play killer and see

• Icaurs

Ok.. let me explain some basic math.

If you have one pallet

and a survivor runs to and drops it. let's say they get 5 seconds of value not including pallet break time.

Now let's take that same pallet, and a survivor runs the killer around it. Let's say 5 seconds per loop for a maximum of 3 loops. 3x5= 15. Notice, how one number, is bigger then the other.

Now some maps, can have as little as 7 pallets. and others can have up to 25. So 25x5= 125 or 2 minutes and 5 seconds. Let's add 2.5 for pallet break time 25x2.5=62.5, total 182.5 seconds. And that is with the most optimal map, with the most optimal pallets for survivors. It literally only gets less then that. That's assuming, the killer breaks every single pallet, instead of mind gaming them, when can be done at the majority of pallets. Let's say 3 gens go in that time period, you have 2 gens, with no pallets at defence. So... yes, you are the problem, this game requires survivors to loop because otherwise they will have nothing to use. Please learn to play both sides, instead of just complaining about something you clearly have no understanding of.

• Huntressmain_1223
    edited June 2022

This is all great if that's actually how the game is played and thats the actual times because your math is not true,I don't know what game you've played or been in to get that random information but I can promise you that's is not how it's gonna work for a match and gens don't work like that either especially now when gens are flying in like 3 minutes so MAYBE you should ALSO play both sides before complaining about one because hook camping although can also be seen as a troll move is also used to, just as survivors use pallets and camp them so I guess you don't understand also

• Huntressmain_1223

This is all great if the is actually how the game is played I don't know what game you've been in were you got that random information but that's not how games work and not how gens work either especially lately when gens been going in like 3 minutes I understand camping hooks can be seen as a troll move but it is used just as a survivor uses there pallets MAYBE you should play both sides before you complain about obviously you don't understand either

• The_best_killer_main
    The_best_killer_main Member Posts: 76

There should actually be NO penalty for hook camping , you survivors camp pallets we should be able to camp hooks. Simple as that.

• Icaurs

Do you acutely understand what you ae saying?

"This is all great if the is actually how the game is played I don't know what game you've been in were you got that random information but that's not how games work." That was literally my point, that survivors are looping, to get more time at a pallet. But according to you, camping pallets is a problem. I never said that's what they are doing, in fact I went as far as to say they are not doing that. You were the one that said that. Can you actually explain your point, because I have no idea what your point is.

Cause your point, was "camping pallets is a problem." I then explained why its objectively in favour of the killer for survivors to do that. Then you said well survivors aren't playing like that. What actually is your point, I have no idea.

• Huntressmain_1223

Yeah, pallet camping is a problem, and according to you so is hook camping, your comment above made no sense to me and how are you going to speak for all survivors and say, they're not pallet camping. I know what Pollet camping is I've had survivors wait and hide at palettes just so they can pallets on me, and I wasn't even chasing them or knew they were there. And if palate camping is ok for survivors, then so is hook camping as it's, what killers are supposed to do, you don't get to argue that hook camping is wrong and should be penalized, but survivors can pallet camp and troll the killers just to get some tea bags or make the killer look bad if that's your argument, then it's not going to work either sorry, you as a survivor, cause obviously you don't know what killer is, do not get all that entitlement I've seen troll killers and I've definitely seen troll survivors. It works both the same, so actually maybe, cool look and play killer, because you still don't know what you're talking about

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469

Their job isn't to stand still at hooks and wait for survivors to die. Their job is to hook and sacrifice survivors, does camping lead to that? Yes, but there are many other methods to do that, that doesn't make survivors unable to participate in normal gameplay

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

What on earth are you going on about? I've been reading the comments between you and the other person and you are having a completely different argument to what he is saying.

• Huntressmain_1223

Umm where did you come from? My point is they are mad that killers camp hooks my rebuttal was why are you getting mad at killers for camping hooks when survivors just camp pallets the point being killers and survivors have things to camp and it happens on both sides, you can't get made at one and not the other I have no idea why it's sooo hard to understand

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

How dare Survivors camp Generators and not doing other quests.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

Let's apply some basic math, a single solo gen takes 80 seconds, there are 3 survivors doing gens while one burns through all the pallets in 182.5 seconds... what have the other 3 survivors been doing for 102.5 seconds if only 3 gens pop in that timeline?

Like I don't believe that simply burning pallets is a good way to play survivor, but if you want to be mathematical like that. That chase means 3x182.5 seconds is 547.5 seconds of total time between the rest of the survivors. 5x80 is 400 seconds, 30 seconds for the end gate means you have 117.5 seconds of travel time and 3 people escape.

If you are in chase for over 3 mins purely from additional time gained by using pallets, that will in reality be usually a 5 gen chase. The main reason why dropping pallets like that doesn't work is because the killer will break off and chase people into the created dead zones.

Your own scenario is flawed, but if that happens as you describe... the math favors the survivors.

• Icaurs

I mean the point was to demonstrate how much time pallet camping literally gives, which is my only point. But if you want to be smart, if you can't down a survivor in less then 180 seconds, then there really is no hope for you is there.

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27

alright.... but it's the killer's choice to camp. like you said, their job is to hook and sacrifice survivors, so camping is a quick way to sacrifice survivors. Plus, if the team is efficient enough, they should get about 2 gens done per camp, or they could go for save. So, it doesn't really change the gameplay for anyone. You're hooked? okay, you can try to escape or wait. Killer wants a kill? okay, they're gonna wait for it like normal. You want to escape the trial? Okay, do gens.

• Kalinikta
    edited June 2022

We used your numbers there mate, you can act all high and mighty... but those are the numbers you provided. You wanted to demonstrate a point, using math and simply put your numbers don't add up to what you claim. If it gives you that much time as you point out, you have enough time as the survivors to finish the game with just pallet camping.

I stated your scenario is flawed. So... what is your point? I am the one is pointing out that it is a 5 gen chase here and at that point you failed as a killer, you were the one that claims that the pallets are providing that much additional time and is beneficial for the killer?

Sorry, but you are simply bashing your own math here. You are the one showcasing that survivors when utilizing their pallets instantly and manage to all of them with a min of 5 seconds benefit... buy enough time to win the match.

• SimplyPixelated06

YOU ARENT COMPLAINING AT SURVIVORS CAMPING PALLETS LMAO WHAT. Camping pallets and campings hooks are so vastly, and camping pallets can be more beneficial to killers than survivors. Like when you know how a survivor is playing you can just quickly swing around a corner and end up hitting them and taking the pallet, thats what I do at least, pallet camping isn't the best tactic, but even if it was, one prevents another from participating in the game and the other just means it's a longer chase....

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

How a penalty will help solve the camping problem I don't understand? When the survivors realize, the killers play for kills

• Huntressmain_1223

Ah, yes, I am complaining that palate camping is a problem, just as they're complaining hook camping, it's a problem, literally, I don't know why people don't understand. It's the same thing. I'm talking in a troll sense, since you survivors get annoyed that killers can pokes and take it as trolling or whatever I get annoyed that survivors pallet camp, I take it as trolling, and I have had survivors show me around a pallet before I've had survivors pounced on me that I didn't even know, was there just to make me look bad and then vote run away and bolts somewhere else, it's not that hard LITERALLY GROW UP AND GET OVER IT!!

• SimplyPixelated06

Pallet camping isn't a problem... I've never ever heard any killer complain about it, I've never thought about complaining about it when I play killer. This is not a real issue. But if it bothers you, feel free to continue discussing it, but I completely disagree lol.

• Huntressmain_1223

Thanks for your opinion, but it is a real issue, just as much as survivors feel, hook camping is a real issue then they go and palette camp. If palate camping isn't a real issue, then hook camping isn't a real issue

• SimplyPixelated06
    edited June 2022

I just think one is way more severe then another and aren't even on the same planet... or even universe. But agree to disagree.

• Huntressmain_1223
  • BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

I have made this point before; unfortunately, simply standing there and waiting for them to die is a method that actually works. The number of second chance abilities and actions survivors have makes it so that outplaying a survivor does not mean you are rewarded. If you chase a survivor and out play them, they still have a second health state, so you have to outplay them a second time. Then they likely have deadhard, so you have to outplay them a third time. Then they can be flashlight/pallet saved. Then they can be bodyblocked. Then they can be saboed. Then, after all of that, a survivor can undo that progress with a 1.5 second channel. The other methods have so much against them, it makes sense that killers camp. Camping only has one real counter, and that is to blitz the hook, and that rewards the killer because they are getting zero effort hits/downs.

The game is, unfortunately, currently designed in a way where camping gives more rewards than chasing.

• Icaurs

You're not a very bright person are you?

The only point, I had was how little value pallet camping gives, that is it. You are the one that wanted to bring up gen speeds in a post about "hook camping." Because of cause you do. There cannot exist one post on the forums where killer's don't bring up gen speeds. Then I point out that if you are being run for 3 minutes straight anyway, then you don't deserve to win. Unless you believe killers can play as poorly as they want and still win, Do you, just curious, because you completely ignored that.

If we have 5 generators at 80 seconds each, and you throw on corupt, to block 3 of them for 180 seconds. Let's say it takes 3 survivors still spawn on 3 gens so that is 80 seconds and you get one down in that time. You then camp that survivor, for a total of 120 seconds. Then you run deadlock, to guarantee 30 seconds buffer making it 120 seconds for gen 2. So now that survivor is on the hook for 40 seconds, assuming they are a 4 man SWF with constant communicating and no survivors go for a save. So 2 survivors complete a gen in 45 seconds (to make numbers easier). But then deadlock activates, blocking survivor 3 gen progress for 30 seconds. So now we're at 85 seconds. So then those 3 survivors start a new gen (otherwise they have to wait for 30 seconds). Now do a gen in 40 seconds. Now already, that's 125 seconds. So that survivor hooked is already dead. Now using NOED you get one down, now you don't even ned to do this, but let's say you run No way out on top of this to get an extra 21 seconds to ensure the down. You have now easily gotten 2 kills, with plenty of time to go.

All of this, and we ae assuming that the survivors are all 4 borderline flawless, and you are completely awful at killer. This is in the absolute worse case scenario for a killer. in reality, its rare for all 4 survivors to have mics, so they waste time checking the hook, and obviously its down to luck how the gen go for survivors. Of course if the killer is running, say pain resonance, or thrilling tremors, or hooks the survivor near a gen being worked on, then the killer has even more time, but hey why would that matter in a post, about HOOK CAMPING. But I guess you're just too smart for me.

• Kalinikta

I am not bright? I am using your own simple math and apply it to the gens to showcase what you are implying. I state that your scenario is flawed and would favor survivors.

Now you go... but if they use corrupt, deadlock and other perks, yet the survivors use no exhaustion perks or windows in the chase?

I never claimed that your scenario was realistic, you are the one that used it for simple math and failed to apply it to the gens. You assumed that the survivor purely runs from pallet to pallet, slamming it down and the killer purely walks after them and kicks it. That is what you applied the math to, yet claimed only 3 gens were done in that timeline. A good killer wouldn't keep brute forcing after that one survivor and a good survivor would not only use pallets... but that is what you claim to apply math to.

You are not the bright one here, I used YOUR own mathematics and applied it to the whole game not just the pallet side. That time would be utilized by the rest of the team and favors survivors not killers as you claimed.

• Icaurs

Have you actually read my posts, or do you just have such an ego that you just want to have an argument?

1. Somebody made a complaint about pallet camping, in a post about hook camping, I then made a response.
    2. He failed to understand it, so I used simple math to show the maximum amount of time pallet camping can theoretically give. I never applied to a real game, nor did I say that is what survivors are doing.
    3. You, for whatever reason felt the need to start an argument with me about gen speeds? Because.... I have no idea why. And started an argument that both had nothing to do with the original conversation or the post???
    4. You then respond with things like this "Now you go... but if they use corrupt, deadlock and other perks, yet the survivors use no exhaustion perks or windows in the chase?" If you are being looped by the survivor for 80 seconds, without them using a single exhaustion perk, not matter what map you are on, you are bad, 100% bad, and you need to get better.

LISTEN TO ME VERY CARFELY, BECAUSE YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO UDNERSTAND THIS

". You assumed that the survivor purely runs from pallet to pallet, slamming it down and the killer purely walks after them and kicks it."

The ordinal person, who stated, that survivors, were running from pallet to pallet, throwing it down, and the killer following behind breaking it

WAS

NOT

ME

I never said that, at any point. In fact the entire original conversation, was me arguing the opposite that is why I said you are not bright. You stared a conversation, and had no idea of what each person was arguing. I'm guessing you glanced at it and said "you survivor, me hate survivor, me tell survivor how bad and wrong they are."

• Kalinikta

1. You aren't reading like seriously do the thing you tell others first.

2. The conclusion you made is that pallet camping is not in favor of survivors, because it only supplies 182.5 seconds of potential time... which magically would result in only 3 gens being able to be completed. While if you apply the math properly it shows that such amount of time is sufficient to do all gens, the gates with time to spare to account for travel time.

You did assume that in your calculations, even if someone else stated it... you claim to the use math on it to showcase your counter argument to that point. Yet fail to apply it to the fact that I that additional time created 3 other people are doing more than 3 gens. You using someone else's parameters to apply math on, means you adopt that premise... so yes you are assuming that exact situation. Insulting my intelligence does not foster a healthy discussion. Your conclusions are flat out wrong, apply simple math, take the gain time and apply it to all 4 survivors and ... the game is over with 3 people escaping and the camp didn't even start yet.

I even stated that what you state is flawed in any reality, as a better killer breaks off the chase and herds another into a dead zone. I agreed in the very first post that it is a bad tactic, but your conclusion of 3 gens being done is not accurate.

You have difficulties with math... why do people bring up gen speeds? Why do people camp? Mmmh maybe because even the little value of pallet pre dropping and providing 182.5 seconds is enough for the survivors to end the game.

• Icaurs

Unbelievable you are beyond insane.

You do realise that I have tired to put the game in as much favour as killer as possible, exaggerating it to such an insane degree, to demonstrate the absolute worse case for a killer can have, which 182.5. I thought you would have some integrity and admit, "oh ok that's actually not that much, that's the worst case scenario, You want to use my numbers? ok glad you ignored half my original post where I mentioned the pallet variation., In the best case scenario for killers? 47. 5. barely half a generator, Let's break an average of 16 for a half way point is that fair.

16x 5=80+ 2.5x16=40 Total 120. So let's use that as a baseline, for an average match. There every single pallet destroyed with no anti gen perks, and the killer is a complete braindead player, with 2 gens left to go. This is still with all survivors doing gens in the most optimal way, which is not guaranteed. I thought Maybe you would have some respect, and admit "oh he's really trying to consider the worst case scenario for a killer I could have used the the 47 second baseline. There you go game is op killer sided, anyone who says different is wrong. But instead I exaggerated it to a massive degree, because I thought you would recognise that. But instead you go "survivor op, see 182.5, 80 seconds. I thought better of you, and I apologise for that.

Now imagine if you have just one bad solo Q teammate on top of this, all of a sudden only 2 gens go in that time. Thank you for demonstrating a complete lack of respect

"I even stated that what you state is flawed in any reality, as a better killer breaks off the chase and herds another into a dead zone."

READ

MY

FOR

THE

LOVE

OF

THE

ENTITY

MY POINT, WAS THAT SURVIOVRS ARE NOT PLAYING LIKE THAT

OMG HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT

But there you go mate, some basic math for you. How about next time, you respond, you justify 47 second timer with 4 solo Q teammates. Stop creating an argument for you to have, and actually respond to what I'm saying.

• Kalinikta
    edited June 2022

120x3 is 380 seconds, which means 4 gens are done, with 20 seconds left on the last gen pets say we don't touch the last gen to account for travel time. This is with all gens being done solo. 4th as well, meaning 2 survivors can being fondling about for 80 seconds as long as they did one gen. Meaning within the camp time the other 3 still escape.

This is assuming a bad killer and survivor. You state it is a bad killer, but the same applies to the survivors. No perks, no windows, no mind games, no looping and not even accounting for the time to find them, the duration of the chase, just the time gained from the pallets... yet that still mathematical is nearly the exact time they need to buy, while it is hold w and pre drop pallets only... as long as people simply do gens.

47 seconds x 3 is 141 seconds, so nearly 2 gens total. That is is in favor of the killer. Though the maps with less pallets have more windows but let's ignore that.

The skill of the survivors is irrelevant, solo is irrelevant... the killer is horrible no? Like they are just running around kicking pallets. The get good argument for killers applies just as hard to survivors.

Survivors don't play like that, as they are better than that. According to yourself, they do use windows, get more out of a single pallet before they throw it. Making the argument of time favoring survivors even stronger... your math on average shows that the game is nearing completion with the worst tactic for survivors. The simple math favors survivors on average, just in the worst case on the least pallet heavy maps, which are window heavy... if survivors only use the pallets they will lose.

The whole idea why killers camp and tunnel is to leverage the games design to create a better opportunity for themselves... the simple math isn't in the favor of killers.

• Icaurs

This is my response.... I just can't with you.

If we have 5 generators at 80 seconds each, and you throw on corupt, to block 3 of them for 180 seconds. Let's say it takes 3 survivors still spawn on 3 gens so that is 80 seconds and you get one down in that time. You then camp that survivor, for a total of 120 seconds. Then you run deadlock, to guarantee 30 seconds buffer making it 120 seconds for gen 2. So now that survivor is on the hook for 40 seconds, assuming they are a 4 man SWF with constant communicating and no survivors go for a save. So 2 survivors complete a gen in 45 seconds (to make numbers easier). But then deadlock activates, blocking survivor 3 gen progress for 30 seconds. So now we're at 85 seconds. So then those 3 survivors start a new gen (otherwise they have to wait for 30 seconds). Now do a gen in 40 seconds. Now already, that's 125 seconds. So that survivor hooked is already dead. Now using NOED you get one down, now you don't even ned to do this, but let's say you run No way out on top of this to get an extra 21 seconds to ensure the down. You have now easily gotten 2 kills, with plenty of time to go.

All of this, and we ae assuming that the survivors are all 4 borderline flawless, and you are completely awful at killer. This is in the absolute worse case scenario for a killer. in reality, its rare for all 4 survivors to have mics, so they waste time checking the hook, and obviously its down to luck how the gen go for survivors. Of course if the killer is running, say pain resonance, or thrilling tremors, or hooks the survivor near a gen being worked on, then the killer has even more time, but hey why would that matter in a post, about HOOK CAMPING. But I guess you're just too smart for me.

• Kalinikta

If we are to assume that survivors are flawless, then they won't be simply slamming down pallets instantly and they will utilize windows. Flawless survivors can deal with camps, just look at competitive DbD.

You just cannot deal with the simple math not being on your side. So, now a killer needs to use a specific build as if each killer runs it. Your idea of flawless survivors is quite different from what we see in higher MMR brackets which aren't even flawless by a mile. To me you underestimate what survivors are actually capable of.

• bloodmoneylove
    bloodmoneylove Member Posts: 12

Well that's not the only thing survivors do sure camping pallets is to make sure the killer chases them right? How bout chasing a survivor around a locker just to get head on by another? How bout never leaving the to troll the killer after they did there best? Have u seen the previous maps that are survivor sided there are more than 7 pallets on every map and there double windows back to back I feel like survivors who get camped have done something to offend the killer nerfing won't help

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

There is no reason to punish killers even more for playing defense. Survivors hiding a lot playing defense ruin the game more for their teammates and don't get punished for it.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

I play a lot more killer but low rank survivor is full of facecampers tbh, it's 1/3 of my games if not more, and since I always play solo very few teammates are able to coordinate and counter it, these games are the worst it's not fun in the slightest when killer just facecamp his very first hook

I find pyramid heads cages have a cool design, it simply relocate far away if you stay too close for too long.. if all hooks are like that then facecamp isn't a thing anymore, or possibly only the first hook could relocate not the second ? Idk but just to avoid that first hook facecamp, very frustrating

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271

mfw comparing pallet camping to hook camping is a huge false equivalence...

• Huntressmain_1223

Again not comparing but saying survivors camp stuff to so stop complaining about killers, but I've been done with this discussion

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

And then you find yourself on Gideon Meat Plant. Have fun breaking all the pallets there.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Problem is that this is a shotgun balancing solution.

Plenty of times killers have to puppy guard a hook from a ravenous group of savior survivor teammates, or are in a chase with a survivor that leads them near the hook.

In addition, face-camping the survivor during EGC is absolutely fine by all metrics.

5m is fine as a slap-on-the-wrist measure.

If you want to really drop some punishment on campers, you're going to have to use a more specific and refined set of criteria to determine when it is and isn't warranted.

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271

you quite literally are comparing the two just by bringing it up lol

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

My suggestion is just to switch to killer. All the freaking awesome perks they have on top of the fact you don't get face-camped, tunneled-off-hook-till-dead or slugged. I don't see a point to playing survivor at this point and BHVR could give a d*mn about the survivor experience. The games actually fun as Killer.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

That's why killer queue times are so long. Because nobody wants to play survivor, right?

How do people still believe BHVR only cares about one side? It doesn't take a lot of braincells to understand that they don't favor any side.

Also, what freaking awesome perks? I mean, of course killers have some great perks, but so do survivors. This game has it's serious problems for both sides. Gens can go incredibly fast, so killer can be very stressful, and even unfair at times. And on the survivors side, it's obviously camping and tunneling, which need to be nerfed into the ground.

• ad19970

This here is a perfect summary as to why just encouraging killers to not camp by buffing their fair and skillful strategies won't be enough. BHVR also has to nerf tunneling and camping as much as possible, so those skillless strategies become as unviable as possible. No game should ever have such strategies be this freaking effective.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

That's why killer queue times are so long. Because nobody wants to play survivor, right?

Killer queue times being long does mean that more people are playing killer and there isn't enough survivors to fill the lobby. Also, that's very subjective, I seen plenty of people say that survivor queue times are long.

How do people still believe BHVR only cares about one side? It doesn't take a lot of braincells to understand that they don't favor any side.

If you judge based on content, killer has gotten the lion-share. The best perks, the most overloaded kits. Reworked maps, removed infinites, nerfed survivor perks. Heck, survivor game-play hasn't changed since the inception of the game. BHVR is clearly focused on the killer-experience by a massive margin. Has there even been a significant Killer nerf since Undying (which was broken).

Also, what freaking awesome perks? I mean, of course killers have some great perks, but so do survivors. This game has it's serious problems for both sides. Gens can go incredibly fast, so killer can be very stressful, and even unfair at times. And on the survivors side, it's obviously camping and tunneling, which need to be nerfed into the ground.

Survivor have only got 1 meta perk (Circle of Healing) in 4 years. Again, more proof that BHVR is focused on Killer.

I'm fine with them being focused more on killer since I've switched back to mostly a killer-main. I was hoping BHVR would add some stuff to survivor but now that I understand it's just going to remain bland, I see no point in sticking with it. Except when I have 2 or 3 other friends that want to play.

• ad19970

Killer queue times being long does mean that more people are playing killer and there isn't enough survivors to fill the lobby. Also, that's very subjective, I seen plenty of people say that survivor queue times are long.

I was being sarcastic. They aren't, that's the point. Despite needing four times as many survivor players compared to killer players. They can be a bit longer during daytime, but during the evening, survivor queue times are what take longer. So it seems pretty balanced to me.

If you judge based on content, killer has gotten the lion-share. The best perks, the most overloaded kits. Reworked maps, removed infinites, nerfed survivor perks. Heck, survivor game-play hasn't changed since the inception of the game. BHVR is clearly focused on the killer-experience by a massive margin. Has there even been a significant Killer nerf since Undying (which was broken).

Just no. I guess when it comes to new perks, killers have been receiving the better end of the stick. But survivors received CoH, which was beyond op at it's release. And a few other perks that aren't bad either. Overloaded kits though? No idea what you mean there, but no. Both sides can have ridiculous kits, though on the killers side that's down to a few certain killers.

Maps reworked, and removed infinites have nothing to do with favoring killers. Like what the hell? It's done to make the game more balanced, and actually fair. There is no reason for survivors to have ######### that has 0 counterplay on the killers side. Not to mention that many of the map reworks did nothing for killer. Just look at the farm maps, especially Cowshed. Those are still beyond survivor sided. Not to mention the extremely survivor sided rework of the game map, and the beyond survivor sided map Eyrie of Crows. So when it comes to map reworks, they didn't do nearly enough to make maps more balanced.

Also, there have been a fews killer perks that got nerfed as well in the past. But just like some killers mains only take those nerfs into account, I guess you only take the survivor perk nerfs into account.

In the past years, killers have received more favorable changes than survivors, that's true. Especially some years ago, when they decreased pallet density, and healing time. But that's because the game has been rather survivor sided for a long time, back then at least. So of course there need to be more killer favored changes to combat that. In the last one or two years, the game has been in much more balanced spot, now it's biggest problem is that it's rather balanced for the wrong reasons, mainly gen rush, camping and tunneling. And perhaps 3 or 4 man slugging.

Survivor have only got 1 meta perk (Circle of Healing) in 4 years. Again, more proof that BHVR is focused on Killer.

I'm fine with them being focused more on killer since I've switched back to mostly a killer-main. I was hoping BHVR would add some stuff to survivor but now that I understand it's just going to remain bland, I see no point in sticking with it. Except when I have 2 or 3 other friends that want to play.

I don't think you know what the word "proof" means lmao. But I've already explained just above why BHVR does not focus any role.