No one fears the killer

Options

This is such a huge problem for DbD. Killers are pushovers. As a surv i have a million extra chances and running out the clock. As a killer only noobs are afraid. There's just no threat,

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

I have to agree. When survivors have basically no fear because they know they can survive, despite teabagging in the killers face, due to a host of second chances and infinite healing perks, you know there's something wrong.

I don't think they need to just "buff killers" because that isn't a solution, that would just make the game very killer sided.

But there needs to be a way of balancing the game in a way in which rushing the killer isn't in the survivors favour, but playing reserved and stealthy is. Limiting heals and second chances, while buffing the ability to hide via better map designs and some aura perk changes (to both sides) would go a long way in achieving this.

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

You know why? Because most of them are a joke. People nowdays know to loop and drop a pallet or insta drop a pallet. Devs keep making low tier killer's because they are scared of surv mains complaining, but they should just ignore the complains.

Play M1 killer at medium/high skill bracket and you will regret your day. So that's why nurse and blight exists. They are the single 2 potent killers and real killers in this game, maybe pyramid aswell due to his insta mori and dstrike ignore.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I find Billy pretty scary to go against

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Disagree. I am definitely not against slowing the game down a bit so killers don't have to stack slowdown perks as much, in exchange of butchering camping and tunneling of course, but in general, there are more than enough killers that are indeed strong, and can be strong even without tunneling and camping, more situations then some people would want you to believe on these forums at least.

• ad19970
    Options

The majority of killers aren't M1 killers though. This game has a lot of strong killers.

Neither Artist or Dredge are anywhere near low tier as well. Nemesis, and arguably Pinhead, as well. Only Onryo was the latest killer that ended up in low tier.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,588
    Options

Why should I fear the Killer? They are just another human, sitting in front of the PC, playing a game. So why should I be scared?

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    Options

Correction, nobody fears the killers with little to no lethality, such as Pig, Trapper, Wraith, etc. Billy, Nurse, Bubba, Pyramid Head, etc are all pretty scary to go against.

• DoomedGuy
    DoomedGuy Member Posts: 41
    Options

I just dont find slashers scary. GF is just an annoying dude with a knife. Same with Legion, when I hear him coming I dont get nervous, I think oh here we go time to put on my jogging shoes..

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

It's a forum. I comment how much I want. The lack of understanding concerns those who don't realize why nobody is scared of a video game. Especially, after repeated exposure.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Eh.. Dredge is quite meh once you know how he works. At the end of the day he is just an M1 killer. Not as bad as Sadako, but still, just way to much counterplay.

This isn't even from the killers perspective, this is from the survivor perspective because that's all i have played the last two days thanks to the queue times.

• ad19970
    Options

Well I can't agree with that, his chase potential is not weak in my opinion. It's not particularly strong, as it has definitely more counterplay than a lot of other killers chase ability, but it's still useful. And that is coming more from a killer perspective, because I don't seem to be lucky when it comes to getting matched with a Dredge.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 758
    Options

You're just wasting space with your noise since you don't even understand what we're talking about.

• nikodemo
    Options

Right, this is a good elaboration, since I'm making this post after playing Wraith/Doctor/Onryo a fair bit since they're full of my 100% BP boosters.

How powerless they feel from who I usually play is astonishing, and the survs know it.

And again, we're talking about a good group that knows how to play. As opposed to noobs that wander aimlessly and aren't constantly on gens.

• nikodemo
    Options

Mmmmm, it feels good to be justified. XD