#NerfNurse

Options

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

Anyone else's central complaint about Nurse is the (feeling) of a lack of agency?

I'm in no way saying there's nothing you can do vs a Nurse (there is, kinda) but a lot of the time it certainly feels that way. Sometimes when I outplay a nurse I don't feel like I had anything to do with it and the mistake was all on them.

Hopefully that makes sense.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2022
    Options

If you make her miss a blink it's 50/50 she's got the stress to win the mind games whilst you make her guess and miss the blinks.

Personally, I find it super satisfying when I make a Nurse blink through another room/floor and then get a massive distance on her.

If it's the second-floor computer room in RPD as soon as she activates her blink for example just run towards her and she can't short blink or she will teleport through the floor lol and she can't hold onto the blink or she will go through like three walls.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

at least after the meta nerfs trash nurses like those won't be able to stack these slowdowns anymore. if they down someone they'll lose corrupt, if they use ruin it'll be just 100% and they won't be able to use the pain res, dead man's combo efficiently.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Take away the perks...

Just focus on her basekit and addons...

I don't play a lot of Nurse... so I don't feel powerful but still

If they did do something like making her Blinks LOS then make an addon that allowed her to Blink anywhere... I would think that would solve a lot of issues

• MilManson
    Options

If nurse could only blink to line of sight she would be useless.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    edited June 2022
    Options

Unprompted. I don't go around asking if nurse is OP. That would be like going around asking if the sky is blue. No point. Everyone except those who live in delusion already know the answer.

I'd love to see your nurse gameplay. It might help us all figure out why you hold the wrong viewpoint that nurse is in an acceptable state for balance.

I'm so curious to know if you are actually decent at nurse, and thus think that you should win an imbalanced number of games to help the "struggling" nurse's kill rate.

Or, are you not very good at her, and refuse to acknowledge that fact, rather thinking that nurse just isn't OP like everyone says.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
  • woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

How delusional can you be? In your view, I am either defending my kill rate or i’m bad. You are being completely disingenuous because you are clearly not open to being wrong.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Not needed, majority is just bad and some of "god tier" gonna be toe-to-toe against "god tier" survivors and gonna do good regardless anyway.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

How survivors (including me) feel about Spine Chill’s upcoming nerf should understand this point exactly.

• GoshJosh
    Options

Nurse is one of the most balanced, skilled, and fun killers to play and verse in the game. She just needs a few add-on adjustments (range nerfs and reworks on her two meme add-ons).

• fulltonon
    Options

How can you not? she is objectively fine, from every point of view.

Only thing that hates her is our own personal feelings.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Yesterday I've killed a full team of survivors with Nurse without ever using a single perk or add-on.

Some of the downs were done by doing a full M1 chase.

Can you imagine? Without perks nor add-ons?

Clearly OP.

Oh wait, they were just so bad and inexperienced I could have tried with my eyes closed too.

Supaalf is one of the best Nurse mains out there. He has maybe triple of my hours. Thanks to the population imbalance and the MMR, he gets the same survivors that I do. How are his wins even remotely relevant?

He also plays against competitive teams with his level of experience and loses.

Everybody knows there are more weak Nurses than decent ones.

The posts crying OP are either too lazy to learn how to verse her or simply not skilled enough to do so.

I verse enough good teams to know decent survivors handle the Nurse pretty fine.

However the proposition stands. Let's see how an average player does as Nurse. Of course it requires time and effort and some skills, way more than what is required to learn to be good with her.

The ones who do (and some do) never came back to complain.

• Omans
    Options

I am quite open to being wrong. But this ain't it.

I have over 5000 hours in the game. I have been in about 5 tournaments. I have about equal time on killer and survivor. I play on the Korean server. So, there are a lot of Japanese nurses I have faced. They are known for being the best nurse players. Because the population on the Korean server is quite small I know most of the top players. Whether we all get into a match together and face these nurses, it doesn't matter. The nurse, if they want to win, will win.

Twitch: omansonion

The response these nurse players say is that survivors just don’t know how to go against nurse. You'll see very quickly I know exactly what I am doing.

Go ahead. Take a look. I only play nurse when the viewers ask because she is so OP and it doesn't feel fair. But I do have some matches playing her in my highlights. If the survivor lineup is full of good players, all you have to do is put on Kavana and it is an easy win.

Just because you have put time into a character does not mean you deserve to dominate. This is not a single player game. I have more hours in Huntress than any other killer by far, but I don't expect to win every game. There are many survivors with equal playtime in their role as I do in mine. My chance of winning should be equal if I go against these survivors. Now, when nurse reaches a certain skill level, their chance of winning that match skyrockets compared to equally skilled survivors. This is not fair. It is the exact same with SWF. Both are super imbalanced.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Please don’t use fun as an objective term. You might find her fun but a killer that goes through walls on command isn’t meant to be balanced.

Should’ve said that before Spirit and I separated for the better.

Objectively fine? What???

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    edited June 2022
    Options

Survivors whipped at 4-5 Gen is survivors' fault

Killer has first hook at 2 Gen isnt killer's fault.

I mean come on, the last time killers told survivors to get better, was the same time killer complain about the first survivor loop killer for 3 Gens.

• fulltonon
    Options

Objectively fine, everything that says otherwise is purely from subjective point of view which made by their own matches.

• fulltonon
    Options

That's as if game is mostly favoring survivor's side, hmm.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

Yes, Dead hard should not be a thing.

Being out-invest with strong item and strong addon by all 4 survivors should not be a thing.

But its not related about I never see killer admits their mistake of 3 Gen chase. But always saying survivor should get better after being camped to death at 5 Gen.

• fulltonon
    Options

if survivors can't last longer than 80 seconds (or even 36sec with 3 on a gen) including camping for some reason, something is certainly wrong there.

But killers taking ~80sec before first down is not really something strange, there is a reason why corrupt is pretty much strongest perk for most killers.

• Omans
    Options
  • fulltonon
    Options

I'm pretty sure being majority doesn't make anything objective.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 284
    Options

But here is the issue in your entire argument - those people are above and beyond average Nurse player, comp player will always stomp pubs, I mean it happens in other games too.

I have 2.5k hours in the game and Nurse is by far the killer I have the most hours on I do not win or 4k every single match, there are people who know how to run me and I can lose sometimes, I rarely have 0k but there are survivors who can counter me, sometimes I get bad teams that die at 4-5 gens sometimes I lose all the gens and someone escapes.

I also have matches against Nurses where she stomps us but sometimes I have 2-3e against someone I would consider good at Nurse because Survivors I played with were also good.

Just like every killer Nurse cannot pressure all gens at once nor she can pressure the entire team at once if everyone just splits up. You just have to play extra I guess 'try hard' as a Survivor against her, and that's fine, because she is the best killer in the game.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

That would just make her either a worse Blight or addon reliant

• GoshJosh
    Options

Well, fun was the last word I used in that comment. Balanced was first. Both are important factors in any video game though; don’t you agree?

I will keep spelling it out for you and others:

• Slowest base movement speed of all killers - the only to actually move slower than a running survivor
    • Gives clear audio and visual cues of all she is doing
    • Fatigue after every blink (longer for a missed attack)
    • Blink charge time
    • Blink recharge time
    • Heavily punished for miscalculating a blink
    • Fairly add-on dependent (particularly for inexperienced Nurse players)
  • MilManson
    edited June 2022
    Options

Don't try explaining it to them, they go against Nurse and want to do the same tactics they can use against every weak M1 killer.

When they die they just make a forum post.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

The Nurse needs a complete rework. Everything you listed doesn't exist for an experienced Nurse player. She has no downsides for an experienced Nurse player.

Other killers do have downsides even for experienced players however.

• Hitari
    Hitari Member Posts: 51
    Options

we need to nerf nurse already, so some killer mains actually have to try winning.

• GoshJosh
    Options

You’re absolutely right, everything I said above magically disappears when a Nurse player with 1k or more hours plays her.

/s

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited June 2022
    Options

Quoting stats and data is meaningless without context. It is like saying X fighter is so weak on Tekken then ignoring uncounterable combos that are there simply because they require a few more button presses to pull off while the simpler combos on it are weak. That's the equivalent of nurse. Totally different genre but yes, point being statistics don't mean much if you look at them the wrong way. Looking at them the wrong way on there would basically be looking at low level play as what to base it off of. The described situation in Tekken doesn't exist though btw if you'd like to play a balanced game.

Post edited by Ohnoes on
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

With all these upcoming changes, Nurse is gonna need a nerf.

• GoshJosh
    Options
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

I don’t understand how people can seriously tell me how Nurse is perfectly balanced. I mean yeah she’s super different to master but once you learn to blink…

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    edited June 2022
    Options

Show us your winstreak on nurse if she is so easy and broken.

• woundcowboy
    Options

Then i’d say the people you play against don’t play well against Nurse. Play outside of Korea and get back to me.

• Omans
    Options

Ah..that's too bad. There isn't a server with better players than the Korean one. Not sure where I should go.

Guess I'll have to wait until all the players who only play nurse bestow their wisdom of how to counter nurse on everyone.

I heard that you shouldn't run in a straight line against Nurse. And be unpredictable. Really good tips. Glad these players who only play nurse are letting us know how to play against Nurse. Otherwise, we would never know how.

Not sure if I need to add a /s or not..

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

There are countless threads where Nurse mains more patient than I, and myself, have provided in depth advice and tools on how to counter Nurse - and every time we do we see salty players reduce our advice to, "Don't run in a straight line and be unpredictable. Oh yeah, so many ways to counter Nurse." Instead of, you know, actually reading our advice and taking it to heart.

You don't need to put a /s, we've seen your flavor before.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291
    Options

The korean server literally have the best players dude you don't even know what you're talking about Korean Nurses are way better than EU or NA...

• woundcowboy
    Options

And who says the Korean server is the best? Keep in mind, South Korea is about as big as the US state of Indiana. That would be like me saying that I'm a god because I beat people who live in my state. Not impressed.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Fair enough... I do rely on fatigue and recharge addons myself... on Nurse

• fulltonon
    Options

I'm 100% sure everything does exists and does matter in experienced players match, it doesn't matter only when there is huge skill gap between two.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115
    Options

nurse is the ULTIMATE example of skill matchup in this game. period end of story. its not about perks or map knowledge or map layout its 100% skill. she has a charge time to go a distance understanding what that distance is is very important. also line of sight blocking. nurse is the ONLY killer that you can win against in a dead zone. shes also the only killer that can beat a god pallet. its a trade off. survivors are not used to having to take time to learn something because its been so easy for so long. I love going against the nurse and love the dedication it takes to grind and increase in skill as her. you think shes broken go play her, how many you get? especially if you are brand new to her. let alone on maps like silent hill or RPD where an inch on your screen is the difference between 2nd floor and 3rd floor or basement. keep in mind I am a freddy main and suck at nurse but i love going against her because its a challenge and if the nurse is new I will actively stay in chase to give them practice.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Same happens to me when people say that SWF is fair and balanced, I don´t understand.

• fulltonon
    Options

Technically both SWF and solo q can do exact same thing, so it's exact same scenario as so called god nurse and majority of nurses.

If nurse is broken due to god nurse, so is survivors as a whole due to SWF.

• Omans
    Options

Check out SalGu or 오5. Check out the japanese nurses, too. Can't tell you a name, though. I can't read Japanese.

It is tough to argue with this. Not because you are right. You are very, very wrong. But you are essentially saying that nurse is fine because she is in the game. She is in the game, and people play her, and people aren't perfect, so nurse is fine. People can make mistakes, so nurses can make mistakes, that means it is a fair matchup.

It is such a simplistic way to view game balance. Some things are OP. Some things are broken. Some things are underpowered. These are just facts...

It is mind-boggling easy to win as nurse against equally skilled survivors. (Note: when people say this they are NOT saying that she is easy to play. They are saying she is easy to win as. Very, very.) This is not okay. Equally skilled survivors in a full SWF at the very top of game skill are the only ones that can compete, if the nurse has been put at a disadvantage (usually minus an addon). The SWF is usually put at a disadvantage too in these competitions (no perk stacking).

Both nurse and SWF are broken. Everyone can admit that SWF is broken. It is only nurse mains that can't admit that nurse is way overtuned, and it is actually baffling.

• Omans
    Options

I posted my 5000 plus hour twitch account in this thread. It has me playing as, and going up against many Nurses. All of my VODs are on there. I have participated in multiple tournaments. I have practiced, outside of tournaments, with the top players. I gave links to other well-known, highly skilled members of the Korean DBD community who all agree that nurse is overpowered.

The only stat your "side" mentions is the kill rate. It has been explained to you time and time again why looking at that kill rate to determine how powerful nurse is, is ludicrous.

The FACT is, nurse, even in a competitive setting like a tournament, has things removed from her to make the match more balanced. Please, continue to ignore this FACT in your replies. It is simply dishonest to be aware of all of this and still claim nurse is "fine".

And i'll say it again, but yes, all of these videos of how to "counter" nurse are of cherry-picked nurses who are much less skilled than the player doing the video. They are like montage videos in that they don’t show the true story. I have taken nurses on numerous multi-gen chases. That is because the nurse was, due to mmr issues, despite being much less skilled than me, still matched into my game.

If the nurse is equal in skill to me, the nurse has the extreme advantage.

Old Billy was not this way. He was the best version of actual skill vs actual skill (not insta-saw).

It truly is too bad that these nurse-only players are more interested in having an extreme advantage over equally skilled players rather than playing a balanced game.

• Omans
    Options

What...? You're just trolling, aren't you?

That has been mentioned by me several times in this thread already.

But once more I guess: SWF has things removed from them in competitive tournaments, as does Nurse. Both SWF and Nurse are in need of toning down. They are both OP. SWF because they destroy equally skilled low tier killers with ease. Nurse because she destroys equally skilled solo queue survivors with ease, and still generally has the slight advantage against equally skilled, sweaty tournament SWF players.

The only scenario where a nurse that wants to win is not the favorite to win, is if there is a handicap put on the nurse, and no handicap on the competitive SWF team. If this is good balance to you, I don't know what to say.

If the devs want to foster a 'domination sandbox' style of game where the killer always has the advantage, then nurse is perfectly balanced. If the devs care about both the fun and fairness of both sides, then nurse AND SWF are not fine. This is fact.