Why are devs so silent on midchapter desaster?

1235»

Comments

• Neyar
    Neyar Member Posts: 65

You do realize that, even with haste, 5 seconds isn't enough time to get to the top of the basement stairs.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited July 2022

That's exactly what I assume is gonna happen, they're going to revert the basekit buffs and gen speed. I don't really care as long as DH stays dead but they should delete the new DH as well, because survivors don't deserve any version of that perk.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

I usually play killer at night cause there’s no wait time, but switched to survivor and there wasn’t a wait time either. Never had that before

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Oh hey there again.

Yes, there is an echo chamber right now. It's basically a whole bunch of people pouting. BHVR wanted to increase kill rates, based off their internal numbers. Screaming that you aren't escaping as much as you used to...a bit silly, as that is what was supposed to happen.

That is the definition of noise drowning out signal.

Also...why does your name sound so familiar?

That would be silly, because then they'd have to revert the Ruin and Pop nerfs otherwise you've basically buffed the hell out of survivors while the stated goal was increasing kill rates.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,493

Well tunneling is usually not fun as survivor and killer facecamping is not either and that is more common tactic now. Survivlr can be fun if killer plays fairly. Killer definetely is more fun to play dh not robbing your hits anymore and it's more easier to win.

• Whitkey
    Whitkey Member Posts: 26

killers low kill rates...MAYBE its just a player issue? well not anymore, now they got all the training wheels bvhr could give :) abd if the kill rates are 50% before...isnt that already "balanced" compared to kill rates since its a 4vs1? that means an average of 2 survivors are escaping and a good killer can get more. now even the really bad killers are getting atleast a 3k which doesnt look like "balanced" at all because: if you are bad, why should you get more kills as you deserve? in that case, its the same rules like for survs: learn the game and get better, thats it.

lets be real: the patch only chaaged everything for survivors. Killers just switched from 4 slowdown perks to 4 different ones and the combinations right now are even worse.... WOW, thx :)

Also: its a fact that BT basekit doesnt do anything at all...its not hard to wait 5 seconds.

And: Since patch release the amount of tunnel and camp increased insanely. if anyone says something else mut be drunk or something. literally every single game for me right now is just tunneling to have this game even more easier as it already is.

"jUsT uSe OfF tHe ReCoRd"..for what? maps are most likely deadzones after like 2 or 3 pallet drops (besides from the game), killers are just following and hit twice. and yes: that happens a lot.

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

People that claim the patch was a disaster are the ones having the knee jerk reaction to change. I mean,they complain about tunneling,camping,etc etc Yet I see multiple perks/solutions to combat this and that. OTR does well vs tunnelers,Kindred/Kinship do well to counteract camping,BT is still very powerful of an anti tunneling perk except this one isn't self applicable,etc etc.

it's just a good bit of survivors not accepting that they can't be the power role for once,it sounds very shallow but that's honestly what most of it comes down to.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

Destroying good perk for anti tunnel doesn't solve the problem and only makes it worse. DS not working at the end of the game can be ok for a lot of players. But it's a way to punish the survivor for doing the generators and opening the gates. But the problem is not point.

Killer now is strong (some weak are good now and strong are overpower) - Overpower cause DC and sacrifice on the first hook.

Problem is camp and tunneling it's much worse after this update.

Decise Strike 4 sec (1 sec animation stun) 100% bonus speed and no scratch marks for 3 sec. (very strong, but not work in end-game.) reduce 30 sec was 60 sec countdown.

Dead Hard need make something, now is useless (game lag, freeze, latence etc). Maybe back old animation, maybe complete rework.

The BHRV team needs creative people to balance this game. Since the people there don't know what they're doing.

• 6659Leg

I think I have plenty from observing over the years and playing as well,only reason people seem to think this is a disaster is because this patch made very impactful changes to shift the power role. Killers are now more dominate within the soloq category (as they should be) and survivors that are obviously lower end are suffering for it because they were carried by a meta. Good survivors haven't changed,it's just more apparent who is a good survivor and who was pretending to be one. Regardless,I immediately pointed out the solutions to most problems people are having before (tunneling,etc) but there's always someone who will say "So I Need this to and give up a perk slot to deal with that?" To which,yes,if the problem is that prevalent then ideally you'd use the tools given or in the game to fix or remedy it. You work on your own game sense before addressing mine.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

... so many assumptions in this post that it's not worth the discussion

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

I’m agree in solving camping with a perk if bloodlust and lunge hits are perks also

• UltraVenom
    UltraVenom Member Posts: 49

I'm a killer main and I hate this update. MMR already made it feel like I was punished for playing my favorite characters, now all my favorite perks are nerfed, games go exactly the same way they did before, and it generally just feels worse to play.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

Why do you need to run so many perks just to avoid a cheap tactic? How about the game devs just maybe remove it, which was what they for whatever reason thought was happening with a great 5 second bt.

• 6659Leg

If they're in the game and the developers have stated that they're not something bannable then they're fair game. Plus,no one said you need to bring them all,you could just bring OTR (which is 3-4 perks in 1) and do well with just that alone.

Don't get your hopes up about camping/tunneling being removed,it won't happen.

• Cum_King
    Cum_King Member Posts: 21

remove tunneling? but how? maybe they could make borrowed time base kit who knows

• Aradia5589
    Aradia5589 Member Posts: 8

I think what this game needs is if the killer tunnels and camps they should receive blood point pentalty from there match or get a notification to go after someone else

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited August 2022

make DS 5 seconds and work on both hooks I guess? If basekit BT isn't enough and neither is OTR or buffed BT...

or go nuclear and just remove tunnelling all together but there's a risk of making the entire concept of hooks pointless especially things like basement.

Post edited by Sludge on
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Not the best take. The update did fix a lot of issues with the game's balance, it just exacerbated others - and you can think parts or even all of it were good without being 'entitled.' I think the proper response is to drop everything outside chapter releases on the roadmap to work on closing the SWF-solo gap immediately (and maybe fix how survivor MMR works while they're at it, or get some proper deterrents for suiciding on hook and frequent-flier DCing), not to go back to how things were before.

There's definitely some stuff that needs tuning - nerfing STBFL to pre-patch levels, action speed slowdown cap, functional camping/tunneling deterrents. But walking the whole thing back ain't the way to go. We don't need Dead Hard, Iron Will, and M1 killers being completely defunct on most maps as long as the survivors had any idea what they were doing.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Didn't you claim that Otz was using exploits in one of his videos?

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

No, I'm happier playing survivor because I see more different killers and different builds.

Not to mention my grind has automatically gotten better as I had every survior and killer at least p1 before the update.

I'm glad that many perks got changed so things feel fresh. I never ran dead hard or ds so this patch didn't make me worry except for wglf and spine chill(hard hearding in one hear)

Yeah I may not escape my games as often but that was the point of this update, to get kill rates up. I'm having fun and many others are too. One bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is spoiled.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

How can you see more different builds? Every killer runs the the same slowdowns. Every killer hard tunnels the first out of the game. Its always the same no matter the character, no matter the actual skill. The game is in its worst state for like 4 years.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

They did bring back the pain resonance + dead man switch combo

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

Tbf, the new patch is still relatively 'new' considering it only launched a few weeks ago. I'd imagine they're giving it more time for the initial drama to subside before making any official statement or changing anything.

The overwhelming feedback is that DS stun duration needs reverting, and killers stacking multiple gen slow-down/regression perks have made games taxing and, at times, very drawn out and boring. They'll never revert DH/NOED/Ruin nerfs though - they were the three most problematic perks in the game and, by all accounts, these nerfs were very much needed.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I still only go mostly against blight, nurse and huntress.

The grind is still awful, even worse for new players actually.

People complaining about solo q being bad right now aren't "one bad apple". They're the majority.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

It shouldn't take until the next chapter or possibly later to start seeing them address some of the very valid and well constructed feedback the community has been giving the devs in regards to the midchapter update.

A knee-jerk reaction would be reverting killer buffs because survivors think killers are too strong now. It's not a knee-jerk reaction to listen to the community's feedback and make small revisions with some compromises.

• ACleverName4Me

Not every killer camps and tunnel. You're putting all killers under an umbrella. Not EVERY killer hard tunnels someone out of the game. That's a lie and you know it but you say it because you want this conversation to go into your favor.

Killers are running slowdowns yeah but they are different ones and many are using perks that are for chasing focus rather than gen defense. Okay so some will stack on 4 gen defense perks so what? What's so different from prepatch? You faced it before so face it some more!

The game isn't in a worse state it's in a different state.

• ACleverName4Me

So nothing has changed? You get the same killers, you're still grinding for bp with no wglf or bbq and solo q has always been bad so that isn't different.

So what's new? You can still play the game pre patch. Run the same perks addons offerings. You can face the same killers you can have the same survivors. So what? The game is the game and those who say it's the same what's the issue?

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    edited August 2022

Literally every killer plays like this now. That one out ten games that doesnt is just luck. The game was hardly ever in a worse state.

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 165

So are you saying that newer players that don't have as much experience should be able to reap the same benefits as the older players? Not saying that the bloodweb is perfect but over the long run the grind reduction in perks should be able to benefit newer players as well.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It doesn't.

Bloodwebs are more expensive and you get way less per match.

It was a ######### change.

• ACleverName4Me

I understand that your games are different and hope they get better.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940
    edited August 2022

They're really slow everyone including a lot of killer mains told them DS was a joke at 3 seconds, they nerf it just because it's popular but maybe it's popular for a reason, no one use DS for fun they use it because tunneling is meta and basically a free win if you can hard tunnel someone in the first 5 minutes of the game

Then we get an useless basekit BT that doesn't even stack with OTR, you don't need months to understand that tunneling/camping are a lot stronger now, it's obvious just by playing the game

• Pulsar

Indeed.

People will usually use the strategy which allows them to win with the least amount of effort.

• Pulsar

It doesn't really counter camping for the person on the hook. Their game is still over.

What it does is allow the rest of the team to win, if they play it right.

But yeah, you'll need DS, BT, OTR and Reassurance after this update.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

I agree,

I am actually a Killer main and since the update I have been playing WAY more Survivor than usual because I am enjoying playing with Perks that are more fun and interesting than the "previous meta" before the changes were made.

I am so happy to be able to play some of my favorite perks without feeling like I'm handicapping my team, in fact, I usually end up being the top player on my team now without even using any second chance perks or exhaustion perks, its freaking awesome!

Oddly enough, on the other hand, even though people say that "Killers" benefited the most from this last update, perhaps even if that is true, I can't seem to find myself any Killer that I really enjoy playing now all of the sudden... shrugs

• Wesu
    Wesu Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2022

Really?

I get hard camped/tunnelled 9/10 games as solo survivor... not even exaggerating

Post edited by Wesu on
  • EvieSimpsForCrowLady
    EvieSimpsForCrowLady Member Posts: 225

The midchapter is bad as soloq because bad survivors no longer have their crutches, and let me tell you at least 75% of survivors i play with are trash

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

In their eyes it's clearly not a disaster. There is no drop in the player base. No one is actually leaving the game, according to Steam Charts.

They'll get nice boost when Wesker drops and the shareholders get paid, they don't need to care about us.