If you were not allowed to dodge lobbies, would you still play killer?

Options

It's just a hypothetical question: If you could not dodge lobbies anymore (except for bad ping), would you still play killer?

This thread is NOT for discussing why killers are lobby dodging or whether lobby dodging is bad etc...
Please stick to the topic and stay polite, it's a simple survey. :)

Comments

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Master said:

But on the other hand Im not even really playing right now anymore....

^
    What this man said

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

As killer, you can see what the survivors have and make your build accordingly. So, probably. Sometimes it takes so long to get a lobby, I'm not even paying attention to who joins my lobby.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

I would still play killer, but not in weekends. I rarely find myself dodging lobbies in work days during mid day hours.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@Master said:
    Yes, you can simply DC ingame then.

So you would DC until you got banned for DC'ing too much and stop playing the game?

I'm sorry to hear that you already don't play a lot anymore because this game is not fun for you. :(
    I'd really like to see some changes so that more people would feel comfortable playing killer.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Laakeri said:
    I would still play killer, but not in weekends. I rarely find myself dodging lobbies in work days during mid day hours.

You know when the heavily armed SWF groups are playing, that's for sure. ;)

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I'd still play but maybe like 1 game every now and then, Probably not daily. I barely play anymore as is and see myself playing even less when the new lobby changes come in.

I'd love to not be bothered by SWF but they ruin the game experience for me, I'm not going to force myself to play something I don't enjoy because of some made up obligation.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    Options

@Master said:

Just no fun atm, either you are genrushed or some toxic SWF wants to make you feel terrible.
    Even if you 4k them with ease, I dont feel like a powerful killer that has achieved sth since I know very well how bad the survivors played for this to happen.
    Also the broken ranking system doesnt help either.

Amen !

Honestly ?

I recently realized that i nearly only played during the halloweed blight event last year.

Like, maybe 40 hours for the whole 2018.

Speak for itself, since it's still (sadly) one of my favorite game, but at least i realized it's mostly due to the lack of real competitor for this genre, and i always gave props to their artistic department ( killer's appearance, etc...)

Still wasn't enought for me to keep the will to still play.

Pig's release (and all the bugs that came with it, staying in the games for a moment of course) started my break, after Freddy's fiasco and the usual bugged game during the winter, i already got enought of this shits.

Wanted to go back for Clown's release, he looked cool, Devs promised major changes...

...and the in-game store was the last straw.

Only played the halloweed blight event because the skins looked amazing and only costed some playtime.
    Completed my Legacy I Trapper and took my 3 other favorite skins from differents killers.

Never really returned back since then.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2019
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@Laakeri said:

You know when the heavily armed SWF groups are playing, that's for sure. ;)

I'm glad I'm able to squeeze couple hours before evening hours start in EU. All I need to care is not have lobby full of Russian names and I can most certainly have enjoyable rounds for the most part.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Nope. Or if I did I'd stick with a select few killers only.
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:
    It's just a hypothetical question: If you could not dodge lobbies anymore (except for bad ping), would you still play killer?

This thread is NOT for discussing why killers are lobby dodging or whether lobby dodging is bad etc...

I would certainly only with overpowered Equipment.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options
    I mostly dodge bad ping. If I'm having an exceptionally bad day and come across 4 Claudettes or 4 flashligting Feng's I dodge, but in that case I suppose I'd just deal with it or just step away from the game til I'm ready to deal with that kinda thing again. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@Master said:

So you would DC until you got banned for DC'ing too much and stop playing the game?

I'm sorry to hear that you already don't play a lot anymore because this game is not fun for you. :(
    I'd really like to see some changes so that more people would feel comfortable playing killer.

Hypothetically speaking, why not? Survivors DC all the time too, why shouldnt I be allowed to do that.

But all that doesnt really matter since Im taking a break anyway :lol:

Its up to BHVR to improve a killers life

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187
    Options

Holy crap, for the first time since I got the game, I decided to see what all the fuss was about, to see if it REALLY makes that much of a difference--so I lobby dodged until I knew I was with a group that wasn't a 4 stack (this one was a 2 stack).

Guess what? The game was actually a LOT more fun. It wasn't over in under 2 minutes, with a bunch of survs teabagging and being #########.

Not gonna make this a habit, but the difference between people that are solo/duo vs the people that are 3 and 4 stacked really shows how gamebreaking it is to be able to communicate efficiently over discord. Just wow.

I have an idea to please everyone without effecting queue times by making them separate. Limit SWF to duos. People can rotate out if they want to play with their friends. This would keep some of the balance, as there are still 2 survs left out of the loop, so to speak, playing the game as intended, without voice chat

I am really surprised at just how much SWF really does imbalance the game :o

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    Yes, I don't dodge lobbies unless it's ping related.

If people keep dodging for every little thing they dislike a change will happen, they already did that to survivors who used to dodge players who played certain killers and camped by removing profiles from the lobby after the complaints.

What killers who dodge are doing is no different from the above.
  • ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

No. There are tell tale signs of a toxic group. Multiple flashlights and tool boxes. Bright, obnoxious cosmetics (has to be a rule that every player with bright blue hair is toxic). 4 people with the exact same character and look. Not going to deal with it.

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Y’know what? I would still play! But stress will be ramped up for the reasons already stated. So I may need a stiff drink or two before creating a lobby.

It’s okay. I’ll just roleplay and select The Clown. If I 0k I’ll just stand by the gates like:

“I and you... friends moving with pallets, in the... the... decisive... in-”
    falls over

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

@Master said:

What this man said.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

@Master said:

Or just close the game while in the lobby to avoid DC penalty.

• Master
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

Or just close the game while in the lobby to avoid DC penalty.

The hypothetical question was what if you couldnt lobby dodge anymore :wink:
    which DC penalty btw?

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
    Options

Stress over a video game is not worth it, I most likely wouldn't play killer if I was forced to play against stress inducing players only to be criticized by then afterwards, I'd probably play F13 instead

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,683
    Options

Well seeing how I don't dodge lobbies and play killer then I'd have to say yes. Dodging lobbies is for wussies.

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Dreamnomad said:
    Well seeing how I don't dodge lobbies and play killer then I'd have to say yes. Dodging lobbies is for wussies.

That's a pretty bold thing to say, I disagree with that last comment

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options
    I’d still play. You can always camp and tunnel.
  • Master
    Options

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Look at his posts, should tell you sth :wink:

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

I would absolutely still play, I can equip something OP just as easy as one of them could , I feel like if I don't play with what's intended to be there I'll never get better so I never dodge. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Yes.
    Though i'd feel sorry for any AFKers & High Pingers who decide to stay because wat.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I don't lobby dodge anyways so yeah sure.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,683
    Options

@Master said:

@JoyfulLeader said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Look at his posts, should tell you sth :wink:

I agree. Everyone should look at my post history. I have great ideas.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246
    Options

Heck yeah. Lobby dodging is pointless. Though the same rule should apply to survivors. No DC because you see that secret offering come up.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Its so easy to tell when your up against swf. Instead of dodging I have 2 play modes; casual killer where I play just fun builds and pressure solo survivors till I let them go or swf mode where I pick Freddy and torment each free of team interference completed with as much mori potential as possible both perks and offerings.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

Assuming you can still leave high ping lobbies, absolutely. I've never really dodged lobbies in the first place so it wouldn't turn me off at all.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options
    I’d use Task Manager.
    Implying I’d ever play a game that doesn’t give you the ability to stop playing.
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

No with the caveat if I had a warning this was SWF and potentially a way to bypass it when I didn't feel like it I would be more open to doing so when I was in a good mood.. I'm not playing stressed and the rodeo clown for Behav10r's profit. You can threaten whatever you want the game will end and after a few times of it I'll simply log off and play something else.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I have never dodged a lobby period, except a couple of times when something IRL came up

• JoyfulLeader
    Options

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@NoShinyPony said:

No with the caveat if I had a warning this was SWF and potentially a way to bypass it when I didn't feel like it I would be more open to doing so when I was in a good mood.. I'm not playing stressed and the rodeo clown for Behav10r's profit. You can threaten whatever you want the game will end and after a few times of it I'll simply log off and play something else.

I agree with you!

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Absolutely, I've never dodged in my life, unless people are tired of waiting for a 4th and they all leave me alone. No one usually shows up at that point, so I'll leave an empty lobby and try again. It's rare to see that, though. The MM rework that finds players the longer it goes on has helped a great deal.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Delfador said:
    I don't dodge lobbies, I would still continue to play.

It is either I got used to SWF groups or they are not that big of a deal.

I don't want to lead this discussion away from the original topic, but your reply just got me really curious: In a 4 SWF group, how many DS and insta-heals are you facing on average?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

I don't want to lead this discussion away from the original topic, but your reply just got me really curious: In a 4 SWF group, how many DS and insta-heals are you facing on average?

Uhm I really don't know.

I actually am curious about that myself. I started to do something new. Right now, as a solo survivor I take pictures of the end game screen. So far I have played 63 solo survivor matches and I will stop at 250. After that, I will start to play the clown at red ranks and take end game screen shots to see the difference.

So far, in my last 63 survivor matches, there were 36 DS users, in 5 matches there were 2 DS users, in 1 match there was 3 DS users and the rest are 1 per match.

In 29/63 matches, Killers had to deal with DS. It is interesting because I swear I see DS a lot more often than this. I do wonder if I see DS more often because I don't dodge lobbies and get more SWF groups than normal?

Again in the last 63 solo survivor matches, there were 5 septics, 1 syringe. Only 1 game had 2 septics at the same time. Killers had to deal with insta heals in 5 games out of 63.

It is not going to end soon though, nowadays I don't really want to play the game and I am not sure if I continue to record after the new killer's release since it will alter the stats.

Just wanted to share this with you.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

@NoShinyPony are you mad? Never dodged. Such a pathetic thing to do.

Those of us who don't lobby dodge ever know the sweet taste of slaughtering a full SWF team, after being genrushed, with the help of BW and their own crazy altruism. Wouldn't pass up on that kind of fun :)

• ArkhamRobot
    ArkhamRobot Member Posts: 22
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

I would easily stop playing killer. Then most likely move on to some other game...perhaps even give Last Year: The NIghtmare a try at that point.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    I never dodge lobbies (except for bad ping), so yeah.

But what about this quote I found from you?

"I Vietfox always dodge lobbies and I approve this quote 100%."

I mean it seems pretty legitimate.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

I'd probably join the SWFs.

Not because I didn't want to play Killer anymore but because I could carelesssly troll Killers and they had no way to avoid it lol

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2019
    Options

Yeah, I don't dodge lobbies unless survivors have bad ping and I want to give them a fair match.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    I never dodge lobbies (except for bad ping), so yeah.

But what about this quote I found from you?

"I Vietfox always dodge lobbies and I approve this quote 100%."

I mean it seems pretty legitimate.

Oh no, you clearly got me there.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Vietfox have you joined lobby dodgers anonymous???? Stay Strong keep wrecking swf lobbies.