Why are players like this not banned

Options

Some players go out of their way to just be the biggest ######### possible - queueing with their friends and teabagging all game long is weirdly contended as "okay". But there's no way that communicating like this in end-game chat should be tolerated by any serious devs or even communiity. Or are they likely already banned and playing on hacked alts with their private "60 hour" accounts?

Yes I've sadly had to censor the names, I've been in trouble with the forum mods for not before. Which I still think is dumb, but that's another matter (honestly, people should be given the tools to avoid being exposed to people like this).

Comments

• Pyrosorc
    Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202
    Options

Yeah, same, sure. But I'd like to get a clear response on why this behaviour is tolerated, since I've never had any report for such go anywhere, and it's clearly not people that anyone should want in the community.

I actually expect to be able to play the game without being exposed to people like this. There's nothing overly entitled about that. The moderation just needs to actually do better.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,356
    Options

I mean they haven't said or done anything against the terms of service, and they won, yes they are sore winners but if they bested you its hard to argue with them.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Who was the OP killer, out of interest?

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

I don't think is that bad, I had received death wishes and messages like "go to Ukraine and die..."

You can use the report system as Mandy said but I have to say that I never received an answer. Maybe the support section need some help to be able to attend all this type of cases, could be great to create a better community little by little.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Also this kind of malding in the endgame chat isn't bannable and shouldn't be, unlike racial slurs death threats etc etc

But players who aren't mature enough to participate in it properly & just use it to screech at the other side or their teammates should have their access to it removed, their presence adds nothing of value.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,440
    Options

Gonna be honest, this is nothing. I've been told far worse things.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    edited August 2022
    Options

All I’m saying is have some thick skin if your going to play competitive games with some sort of post game communication.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,100
    Options

Being a jerk isn't against the rules

It's why I respond to any and all (jerk) messages with LOL.

• Pyrosorc
    edited August 2022
    Options

Trickster lol - probably my weakest killer.

Edit: My perks were Lethal Persuer, Darkness Revealed, Iron maiden and I'm All Ears - my addons were green soda and yellow autograph. So nothing crazy. The people talking this way are people I deliberately gave a free pass to in the trial because tunnelling isn't a fun experience, so I'm amazed they felt the need to tell me how "easy" it was.

• threeQuinn
    threeQuinn Member Posts: 51
    Options

Let's be honest here, the case is that you're too sensitive. After all it was your choice to stay in the end game chat and talk to him. You could've left after the first "ez game" but you wanted to argue.

"there should be a tool to avoid being exposed to people like this"

There is, you can turn off the end screen chat by pressing the icon next to the chat bar.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,462
    Options

If you think the rules need to be reconsidered, you are free to share your suggestions posting in this section of the forums:

• RatbasterdJr
    Options

Dude it’s really not that bad. Don’t stay for post game chat if you don’t like people talking to you like that. Nothing is making you stay and respond. Or just stop playing the game.

• Pyrosorc
    Options

Yeah no thanks. I don't want to "get thicker skin" or "stop playing the game", I want to be able to enjoy my hobby in an environment that's at least safe enough that I'm not expected to put up with meaningless abuse.

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123
    Options

you have the ability to disable chat so do that if you don't want to read what was honestly some sub par smack talk.

• Pyrosorc
    Options

Inevitable? Maybe. Without being punished? Depends on the game.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

You could have just hidden chat or moved on instead of speaking back to them, you're both at fault here honestly.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,103
    Options

Been told far worst and what the killer you used? This is just normal talk between the two sides.

• RatbasterdJr
    Options

I’ve never played a competitive game that didn’t allow smack talking your opponents.

• Pyrosorc
    Options

Two people have said this now and I absolutely can't see it in options. Where is the ability to opt out from chat? (If it's "just leave the lobby" then no thanks, I want to be able to stay and look at builds etc without being subjected to harrassment).

• Pyrosorc
    Options

Among Us would just ban people who talked like this. Heroes of the Storm doesn't ban for it, but does remove the chat function from offenders. I believe League of Legends has separate queues/lobbies for the worst offenders, but I'm going off what I've been told on that one.

• botany_nerd
    edited August 2022
    Options

the 2 arrows next to the chat box is the toggle. don't know why i forgot to mention that sorry dude.

• RatbasterdJr
    Options

You’re comparing among us… to dead by daylight.. lmao

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Just because something is allowed doesn’t mean it’s not rude. Even though I’m allowed to flip you off on the sidewalk for no reason it doesn’t mean you’re not in the right to think I’m acting like an a-hole.

You don’t have to be “sheltered” to think the person in the chat was being a jerk.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,213
    edited August 2022
    Options

You could just turn the damn chat off if it bothers you that much

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,950
    Options

Simply, don't engage. They say this stuff to provoke you because unfortunately some people are just unkind

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

So what exactly did they do to be banned here?

All they do is trash talking and not saying any slurs or swearwords, so i see no issue here.

There are worst thing said in chat and messages, and this is actually nothing.

If you are this offended then i suggest to just turn the chat off and don't get into any conversation at the end, just move on to the next.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2022
    Options

Ever since I've started playing online games, I've experienced some sort of trash talking in some way, my first experience was when I was playing this game (I don't know if naming it is against the rules so I won't), when I was 7. I was pretty bad at it ngl, and my clan mates started calling me all these bad words for basically screwing them in our first clan war. I was so sad, I actually quit, but then I realized a few days later after I "quit", "words are just words", and they can't do real damage to you especially since they don't know you personally. So I started playing again and just got better at the game. Unfortunately name calling and trash talking are just apart of online game life and I realized that a long time ago. Random people behind a screen furiously typing at their keyboards should not personally affect you, and you shouldn't let them.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

why even egg them on, they're drooling losers wanting a reaction.

• dugman
    Options

I agree, shouldn't be banned, but calling them out on it is fine.

• botany_nerd
    Options
  • dugman
    Options

Well the subject of the thread is literally "WHY ARE PLAYERS LIKE THIS NOT BANNED" and the original poster was asking questions about how to submit feedback that players like that should be banned, that's why that topic came up.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

Believe it or not, there are a large number of players who would leave the game if they did not have the ability to talk smack in the post-game lobby--myself being one of them.

Call it childish, call it immature, call it whatever you want. It is therapeutic to many people, and it is a dopamine kick that gets players motivated to queue for another round, even if that last game was absolutely brutal.

I don't see anything in your image that has been deemed socially unacceptable within the gaming community. So unless you expect BHVR to set the gold standard for online behavior in gaming, your issue is with online banter as a whole.

If you rather support a company that is trailblazing low tolerance of this particular behavior, I unironically recommend playing League of Legends. While it has an awful rep for being insanely toxic, it is pretty clear to me that Riot takes themself very seriously in this regard, and they are making strides to reverse the stigma that has been associated with their game.

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67
    Options

Among Us, HotS, and LoL do have a system for banning people who are being offensive. LoL does in fact put people who have low "honor" in lobbies together. This chat you presented would not qualify them for punishment in any of those games or any game in existence. Maybe in 2030.

• scenicpickle
    scenicpickle Member Posts: 265
    Options

It was so much worse on console i always got death threats but it was through consoles messaging system good times

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

You were both being rude to eachother and it was pretty tame from both sides. You should probably just close the chat if that was too much for you because the stuff that is actually bannable is so much worse.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,655
    Options

Sorry that happened to you.

I've had some pretty horrific things said to me as well.

I'd honestly recommend just getting rid of the Chat Box on PC and if you're on Console, make it so that nobody can message you. It's not worth it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I'm going to be honest you were pretty much just as bad as the other person was.

Just cause they started doesn't mean you weren't being salty too

I do agree that chat offenders need to be followed up more seriously

But actual offenders and not a salty squable

• botany_nerd
    Options

unalive yourself? dude must not speak english well cause that just sounds stupid.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    edited August 2022
    Options

I'm pretty certain they broke zero rules, if you wanted to you could have your whole team spam ggez kekw at 10 lines per second after every game for a year with no consequences as it's not bigotry, "cancel your life subscription", threats or anything like that.

And with how hilariously hard they're trying in their screenshots, part of me almost feels like they're report baiting as it just seems too much like parody as it's just that ridiculous and desperate, or perhaps my mind is poisoned by seeing enough people take "irony" to absurd levels. (Report baiting is being extremely annoying but not breaking rules, the goal being to make someone else go thermonuclear in chat and getting them potentially banned by the way).