Overcome should work when you are hit with Endurance

Overcome is decent, but IMO it's just not quite on the level of some other exhaustion options, and this is one of the things holding back. Unlike sprint burst or lithe, which work even when you're getting tunneled of the hook. Overcome just won't do anything. DH is similar, but DH has the upside of being a potential extra health state instead of a slight augment of your existing health state. It's better than overcome when it works out and is more effective against some of the strongest killers in the game like nurse and blight. Overcome is less effective against these killers due to their ability to close gaps quickly.

I still don't think it would be as good as sprint burst or DH, maybe similar to balanced landing in strength, and might even need an additional buff, but this is a good and easy start point

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Really don't understand why they made this change in the first place.

agreed. should work with endurance or decrease the exhaustion

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,588
    edited October 2022

Overcome isn't really meant as an anti-tunnel perk, is it? I think they should just change OTR so the survivor loses collision with the killer and cannot get hit in the first place.

I think Overcome shouldn't be quite as strong as other exhaustion perks as well. There is no special condition in activating it other than getting hit, after all. You can fail DH, you need a window or pallet for Lithe and you need some kind of elevation for Balanced Landing, not to mention how hard it is to manage Sprint Burst perfectly. With Overcome all these things don't apply.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

The price of that is getting a 2 second boost instead of 3

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,588

Still, I wouldn't want to promote it too much. It doesn't need to be some kind of budget Sprint Burst for newer players.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,215

all exhaustion perks are meant to be anti-tunnel perks. Not really sure why overcome got a nerf where it does not work with endurance effects but I think it was because it boosted nemesis tentacle strike speed boost for his 3 hit mechanic which to this day, I still do not understand why the killer needs 3 hits to down someone with the ability but ok.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

Nobody said it’s supposed to be an anti tunneling perk. But the perk is supposed to double the duration of the the speed burst you get, and you do get the speed burst when you get hit with endurance. That’s why

it does make sense for it to be changed

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I don’t think Overcome needs a buff. The whole downside of it is that you need to be healthy to use it and that’s what balances it + it doesn’t work against instadowns. The upside is that as long as you’re healthy and not instadowned, you WILL get to use it. You don’t have to manage it as much as SB and there’s no other requirement to trigger it besides getting hit.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

The main idea of ​​the perk is the loss of the health stage from the killer's attack, if you make it work from Endurance, then how does it differ from the sprint? Take a sprint then.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I'd pass on that. Too much power to the player.