Nice unbalanced game that favor survivors

Options

I don't know who came up with the idea that deliverance pairs with off the record, this should be removed asap

The SWF team at high MMR is impossible to beat most of the time.

Please buff killers.

1) Make gen 100 sec

2) Nerf MedKits and Boons ( make that you can apply boon only once per tottem )

3) Give us old corrupt intervention basekit

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Boy you would have hated DBD before DS got nerfed the first time so it deactivated once you started doing gens etc but still was active during EGC. Don't get me wrong though, some maps are borderline unfair on the killer side, particularly for M1 killers (The Meat Plant springs to mind). But killer is a lot more bearable than it has been in years and the queues indicate this is the case

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Ok but the thing about that top 5% mmr graph is that I doubt even half the survivors in a top 5% mmr killer game is top 5% themselves. Outside of a 4 man sweat squad it will rarely happen making these stats irrelevant. But what you say about how often people get tourney squads is true. It's probably somewhere between 125-175 for me. I have gone against 3 obvious ones in the last 4-5 months and I know I have not played more than 600 games.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Yeah just use the broken 4 man swfs, I see them go on 200+ win streaks. The stats genuinely mean nothing with the current mmr gain/loss for survivor's. But I'm sure you are just baiting people anyway.

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 159
    Options

I'm merely mocking how stupid the devs data is and people using it as validation to prove Killers are fine. Do you really honestly truly believe that Sadako is better than Nurse? Because the stats sure do say she is even though the devs data is completely pointless. 2 Kills can be 2 hooks it doesn't tell us the whole picture and it is extremely common for Survivors to kill themselves on hook when the game isn't going their way so that messes with the data massively.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Ok, i dont understand that, maybe you can explain it to me.

To me, it means out of 100 survivors, 40 escape.

100 survivors equal 25 matches. If we say all escapes were 2e/2k matches, that mean 20 of 25.

The last 5 matches, however, would all be a 4kill match. How is that closer to 2e/2k than to 3 kills?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Nurse isn’t at the bottom of the 5% chart. Also the devs constantly make clear those charts aren’t the main data they use for balancing.

• BigDaddyPhilSwift
    BigDaddyPhilSwift Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2022
    Options

okay, so… you’re overthinking it and confusing yourself with fake math. 60% is closer to 50% than it is to 75%. all this means is that it’s more likely for a killer to get a 2k than a 3k.

edit: 75% is a 3/4 survivors killed, and 50% serves as a 2/4 survivors killed in the trial. if the killer is getting an average of 60% in a match, he’s more likely to get that 2k.

• dugman
    edited October 2022
    Options

Actually based on what I see on Nightlight and other posts with detailed kill breakdowns the most common results are 0 kills and 4 kills. On Nightlight for example almost every killer has a higher percentage of games with 0 kills than 1 kill and 2 kills, more 4 kills than 3 kills, and 2 kills are the least common result for all of them as well. Basically because of how momentum works during play the game is geared to be very swingy toward everybody escapes or nobody does.

As an example, here’s a snapshot of three killers, notice the kill distributions for them. All the killers have similar distributions.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

No, the developers should not balance Survivors or Killers around the top. That would kill the game. If you can't adapt to OTR being usable after Deliverance that is 100% a you issue. The overall escape rates are about where they should be and any lowering of the escape rates would be unfair to the other players.

• Lobos
    Lobos Member Posts: 212
    Options

Your assumptions are pretty entertaining. So there are no good killers at high MMR? Sounds more like you lose a lot and that's why you are here crying about survivors being too OP on the forums.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

lol. lmao

• Buzz
    Buzz Member Posts: 19
    Options

Noooo do not buff killer and nerf survivors, deff not man the game is so hard fir survivors already buff survivors not nerf them killer are more then fine, cenobite, small maps, already the time it takes for gens deff not if they buff killers anymore then no one will play Survivors. Plus arura revealing perks for killers. Killers way to strong as it is survivors need a buff

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,848
    Options

"unbalanced game"

and then

"SWF"

• PPRG
    PPRG Member Posts: 43
    Options

Honestly gen speeds never needed a nerf it was an uneeded change however its the gen perks that are usually busted making gens 40 seconds which just feels unfair

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Maybe try using other loadouts (add-ons, perks)?

I see game has been going faster with fast repair but still the required time to repair has been increased.

• PPRG
    PPRG Member Posts: 43
    Options

Too be fair he does sound whiny however usually when you see those kind of kill streaks on killers they also have 20,000 hours on the game let alone how many hours on that killer exactly

And you can find these on most killers onepumpwillie is pushing a 200+ winstreak on sadako last i checked but once again these people put thousands of hours on these killers and dbd as a whole

• badrepo
    badrepo Member Posts: 93
    Options

Just get better.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

It may feel unbalanced cause players have a choice... Perks, Items, Addons and Offerings

Take any Killer... with not strong (or fitting) perks and weak or meme addons (or none) on "bad" Maps against 4 Survivors in a SWF and all of the strong Perks, Items, Addons, and a mix of Offerings (a Map, Petrified Oaks, and either a spawn far away from the Killer or with another Survivor) and see who wins

Nurse and Blight wouldn't have that much difficulty but the rest of the Killers might/ would

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

50% kill rate equals to 2 kills/2 escapes

75% kill rate equals to 3 kills/1 escape

A 60% kill rate is between 2 and 3 kills, but closer to 2 than to 3.

This could mean that in 10 matches killer gets a 4k in 6 of them (sounds stronk) and the 4 others are 0k (doesn´t sound stronk).

Or 8 draws and 2 wins for the killer. Or...

• Tsulan
    Options

As far as i understand this private tracking site. Players have to introduce the data themselves, yes?

Someone having a terrible match is probably less inclined to go through the hassle of introducing the stats.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

Onepumpwillie got bodied by Hens. Is the 200+ win streak after that? I'm curious; I honestly don't know the timing.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited October 2022
    Options

i agree with you sir however you forgot one thing... add starts off with beartraps on head no matter who said killer is.

• dugman
    edited October 2022
    Options

Actually those stats are based on the survivors' uploads, not the killers'.

• Tsulan
    Options
  • dugman
    Options

My point is it doesn't go both ways, it's just survivors uploads that are counted in those killer character percentages. Killer uploads aren't used for the kill rates, they do that intentionally to remove some of the possible self bias. Your suggestion above was "players having a bad game might not upload the stats", which even if you assumed for the sake of argument that's true then that would imply survivors upload fewer 4 kill games than they do other games. But the actual numbers are that 4 kill games are the most common result, so even if your assumption were right that would mean there are more 4 kill games, not less, than the stats are showing.

All of that is kind of moot though since I'm not even convinced you're right about a significant number of people failing to upload match results simply because they didn't win. I'm not saying it can never happen but there's no reason to think it does to any great extent.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Yes, but its still higher than a 2e/2k, which you used to deny that killers have the advantage at the moment.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 345
    Options

I may be wrong here, but this sounds like you camped someone with that particular combo and it went wrong for you, then came straight to complain about it.

Deliverance + Off The Record doesn't really do much if you're applying pressure somewhere else, and it's definitely not a winning combo considering Deliverance is a one use perk with a previous requirement to activate, plus OTR gets disabled both the moment you do anything significant for the game and in the end game.

The worst part is that none of the proposed changes solve what you expressed you felt it was the issue. It was just a "remove this + give me all of this as well which is nice and I like it, for no reason in particular."

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Lolwut? No way this game is survivor sided. Yh you can come up against survs who are chase gods and they can seem untouchable. But my experience playing both killer and survivor is that killer really determines how the game plays.

A competent killer will absolutely rinse a team of all but the top 1% of survivors. I've got 11 days of play time since i started in august. My killer performance consistently 3ks in almost all of my games, and thats mainly because i almost always let last surv go at the end of a match so they could've easily been 4ks. 2ks are rare for me and I've had maybe two 4 man escapes in the last month. And my games aren't against rank noobs, I'm seeing xbox survivors with 30-100 days of play time regularly and a lot of prestige 20+ players and I'm not really stuggling against them.

As survivor I'm not as good but i perform reasonably well with my regular swf. And the game always feels pressured unless we get a completely incompetent killer, winning as survivor is an extremely delicate situation. When you lose a player early to DC or hard tunneling then the game often becomes pretty unwinnable. I can run good chases but one slight slip up and it's all over. Only time it feels unbalanced in the survivors, favour is if all 4 survs are looping gods. One subpar survivor can tank a game.

No way is this game survivor sided, only ever seem to hear this opinion from killer mains who play presumably at super high mmr and end up against sweat squads constantly.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

I'll support more killer buffs when solo q is given the love it needs first. No reason for the devs to waste time on a mori rework, when solo q information buffs are more important.

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136
    Options

That is the problem, they are balancing game around BAD survivors, that is a huge issue, that's why when you move past lower ranks as a killer, you don't want to play game anymore.

• Kosturko92
    Options

I never said Killers don't need a rework. The balance between the different killers is 1000 times worse then the balance between killer and survivors.

Of course i would nerf blight and nurse to the ground, but my POST wasn't about Strong or Weak killers, it is general issue of the game that favors survivors in SWF high mmr teams.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

No, they're balancing the game to ensure that they consider all levels. Balancing exclusively at the top only works for spectator sports and DbD is not that.

• Kosturko92
    Options

No i hooked the guy near the exit door in the END GAME, he broke him self out, took OFR hit and escaped