Wiggle system

Blizwise
Blizwise Member Posts: 69
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

What is the point of the useless wiggle system in all honesty?

I can walk survivors past the closest hook and hook them on one much further away.

It’s the one thing in this game that from a balance stand point is almost useless. I have had people sabotage a hook and it effects nothing in most cases cause I can still carry to a different one with time to spare.

either the time needs a reduction or the impact of hitting skill checks needs to effect the killer a lot more.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 226
    edited December 2022

Sure “killer” main!All us killers want basekit boil over for survivors!

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 424

I'm not sure. The only times it's useful at all is when the entire team clogs the hook and take hits or when a SWF has a build to ruin your day.

For solo-q I'm not entirely sure? It's a mechanic that I hate when I play survivor because it doesn't matter that I died in the corner, it is never enough to wiggle free even when the killer is greeding a scourge hook. I've been walked from corner to center and it wasn't enough to wiggle away (funnily enough, the bar filled just as I got hooked so it didn't really matter)

In the hypothetical case that you die in the corner, the killer greeds a scourge hook and another survivor sabotages it, it could be useful, but wiggling is for the most part useless. And the time that it isn't, it's awful to face (although, to be fair, I feel entitled to slug people to death when they make a full SWF wiggle build, so eh)

• Blizwise

Boil over is a joke lol. Unless you fall from a height. It effects are minor and that even playing on a controller.

I get you don’t like the slightest challenge but when I can walk 1/3 of the map with someone struggling it kinda makes that mechanic pretty useless lol.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,186

It is so that the killer can't just carry the survivor wherever they want. Namely it's to make the killer have to hook the survivor (relatively) nearby and can't just carry everyone to the basement on the other side of the map every down.

It's not really designed for people to use to escape from unless the survivors have some insane coordination and willingness to take hits or the killer gets ultra greedy in hook placing

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Sure, then remove it so I can hook every survivor in the basement then.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

you are not supposed to wiggle escape if there is 1 hook down. Because if single survivor dies on a hook would be impossible to reach to other, you need more than that to escape, which may be Boil over.

And 1 perk alone should not be guarantee you escape, you need more than that to escape. Which a help from at least a teammate.

Take hit, Dead hard, Breakout, Flashlight, Saboture.

• Blizwise

That makes zero sense.. The whole reason behind the system is a chance to escape… The way the game is right now that chance is almost zero. Even in SWF it’s very rare that someone manages to wiggle out.

Yes the reasoning would be so the killer can’t move 1/3 of the map while you tap a useless game mechanic. A slight change would greatly help it as I do know the amount of hooks has increased since the games release.

even taking oaks is almost a waste uneless the killer sacrifices on a bad hook and causes a dead zone (yes there are a few natural dead zones naturally)

They need a way of actually using this mechanic rather than just something to do while you get hooked. It’s just too easy to get to a hook, even with boil over it’s still just too easy, there is no threat of if you can find a hook cause 90% of time you can walk to 5 different hooks

• Blizwise

It’s not about a 100% escape rate lol. With boil over you can still move very far unless you drop from a height.. right now a down is a 99% hook, so a whole game mechanic was made at a 1% to wiggle out lol.

mid you shorten the wiggle time it will actually make the killer think on what hook to finish you on, rather then having 20 others to walk across the map too..

your acting like I said it be impossible to get to a hook lol, which is 100% not what I said. But rather give the wiggle mechanic a actual purpose, as of right now it’s basically useless to even have it in the game other then to annoy the killer when he is taking the last survivor to hatch lol

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Its not useless, if they remove wiggle, it will be 100% hooked when down, unless someone goes for Flash light save, which is hard for most players.

Its possible to wiggle out everytime if you have Boil over with a teammate using Breakout (reduce wiggle from 10 times to 8.3 times), Sabo a hook, and tank a hit. Escape from being hooked should take effort.

Hooks spawn is a huge part in Wiggle/Sabo play. Sometimes its useless even with Breakout/Sabo/Tanking. Sometimes all it need is hitting Space. Cant buff wiggle when Hooks spawn can make a huge unfairness to killer.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,818

The wiggle matters so everyone doesn't end up in the basement, and for teammates to deny the hook (sabo, taking hits, boil over, breakout, etc.)

Plus there's scoring events tied to those actions of teamwork, as well as challenges.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,041

Wiggle escaping is not meant to be easy. The mechanic is there, so that the survivor has a chance to wiggle off, but not a guaranteed wiggle off - there's perks that can help and also team work, if someone sabo's a hook, runs Breakout etc. But as a stand alone mechanic, it's meant so that the killer cannot get someone to the basement every single hook and has to think about where to hook the survivor.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,818

Exactly. Plus as hooks are destroyed by sacrifices, hookless zones can have the wiggling matter even more, with or without teamwork.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

The second you make it better and more likely so the machenik doesn't feel unnecessary from an escape point it would just get stupidly strong because other survivor could still body block and sabo. It was never meant to be a real way to escape especially not on your own. It's just to prevent basement hooks from everywhere

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

The wiggle great skill checks shouldn't even be a thing, maybe as an effect of a perk, but not basekit

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

Sabotages are very possible, but it depends so much on maps and rng and if killer wants scourge.

Some time ago I had a survivor on badham (so not a bad map for sabotages unlike say saloon) near main that fell under hook 1. Killer had scourge so he went for that next hook. I sabotaged it right to his face and took 1 hit - yet killer was able to bring that survivor to 3rd hook. That feels unfair.

On the other hand I had a game on midwitch with such a bad RNG, that even as I fell down and nobofy helped me and no hooks were destroyed, killer was unable to hook me anywhere (until he downed me again on slightly different spot).

So to sum up - the game very much depends on RNG and skill of both parties. Some games it's impossible to successfully sabotage. Other games you need very little to do that. The mechanics is 100% not useless. It's just hard to get value out of it.