We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

This idea might give killers a good reason to spare a survivor if they give them their item

Something I noticed very quickly in DBD is that survivors will often put their item down in front of the killer as a sort of way to ask for mercy. I don’t know why this is a thing though. What use does the killer have for your item? They can’t even pick it up!

Well, I had an idea that could possibly make this sort of “peace offering” more meaningful to the killer, giving killers an actual incentive to let a survivor go, if they put their item down in front of them. Let me know what y’all think.

If an item with no charges is left on the ground, the killer can stomp on it and destroy it for a bloodpoint bonus. Said bonus scales with the rarity of the item destroyed. A brown item gives 1000, a yellow item gives 1500, a green item gives 2000, a purple item gives 2500, and an event item gives 3000. Maybe add-ons can affect the amount of bloodpoints awarded too

Yes I am aware of the effect Franklin’s Demise may have on this feature. Perhaps make it to where items dropped with Franklin’s can’t be destroyed.

I just want killers to have a real reason to let a survivor go when they try to perform an act of kindness for the killer

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I don't think this cute part of DBD culture needs to be codified in the game.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Sounds like a good reason to destroy item for BP and then kill survivor anyway. Or, if you offer to give bonus only in case of escape, to destroy it just because, with no bonus. Or to kill survivor in case the item isn't rare enough.

The real good reason to let survivors go when they try to perform an act of kindness for the killer is perform act of kindness themselves in return. Not a material profit.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited December 2022

Sometimes the killer doesn't want it tho lol especially since they can't use it. Sure it's a sign of respect but you're losing out on your item that the killer was letting u escape with

I simply do a friendly single tbag if they let me escape and go (sometimes I will just stare at them at the edge of the exit to see if they try to down or respect that I got there if they did not want me there lol (obviously this does not apply with Twins, Pinhead, etc) and I don't tbag BM either cuz I think that's just being a jerk to be a jerk lol

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 969

Allowing the killer to destroy itens would be an indirect nerf to Built to Last against Franklin's Demise, as the killer would just be able to force the survivor to drop and item and destroy it before it got recharged by the perk.

It would also allow Franklin users to deny the effects of White Ward even more easily. That may also happen against Pinhead, who forces you to drop an item to pick up the box and then teleports to you, and possibly Nemesis or Wesker.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Sometimes that's the deal: you escape but loose your item as a cost. The moment you try to get your item back to escape with it you die.

I always let survivors keep their items if I decided to let them go beforehand. I'm trying to make them take items back. And often they don't, they drop items in gates before escape, they just want to make this "sacrifice" in return. You loose your kill, they loose their item. Not super even but cute.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

The thing is since there's no communication it's not really possible to understand this "deal"

I originally dropped it then picked it back up but I think some killers took this as a form or disrespect so I changed it to a simple thank you single tbag instead