We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Eruption isn't a problem

2»

Comments

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited December 2022

Eruption IS a huge problem right now, and I'm killer main. That perk distrupt the already punished soloQ players. I don't even use it in any of my killers because I know how this perk carry a killer and I don't want to raise my MMR "artificially" a lot by just one broken perk and also I feel bad when I see survivors who can't do gens, specially when there are few gens remaining. This also make the gap between soloQ and SWF bigger, because in SWF you can just tell your team mates you are about the be downed to make them stop repairing.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

The only problem Eruption really has is that survivors even in SWF have no way to avoid the Incapacitated status effect cause there's no telling when anyone goes down.

The only sure fire solution is to to not go down at all which is basicly impossible. BUT there's 1 possible solution, don't do gens if someone is being chased. BUT THEN there won't be anyone doing any gens most of the time...So then the best course of action is never be in chase which is harder to do than it sounds.

Simple fix is to touch the perk itself: REMOVE INCAPACITATED AND GIVE THE REGRESSION A SLIGHT BUFF. This way the Perk keeps it's useability by giving Regression on downs but allows survivors that aren't pressured to carry on with their match instead of being locked from doing anything.

I can't predict wether Nancy is going down in 2 seconds or loop the killer till i've done the gen. I can't predict Nea won't fail her DH. I can't predict Meg won't Sprint Burst into a Wall and i can't predict Claudette and Dwight won't go into a Bush or a Locker in the killers face.

• proxy_taxfraud
    proxy_taxfraud Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 153

That's the neat part, you don't.

Keep track whether or not the gen you are working on is kicked. Eruption is not an issue in the early game and by the time it becomes an issue you should already have some sense of how the game is going. With a bit of game sense you can start making pretty educated guesses. Slap a numbers game on top of it (working on it for 2 seconds, letting go 2 seconds) and you will already circumvent a considerable amount of eruption procs.

People just hold M1 and eat the proc and then complain that the perk exists.

So playing vs a cheat that you cannot possibly win against is a skill issue? Wow.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Trolling is fun

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

As a killer main I will say Eruption does need a change but not a full nerf tho. It is unfair to soloQ and does nothing against SWFs. The reason why I wont says it needs a full nerf is bc I'm afraid BHVR will take the Thana way in nerfing the perk which isn't good either. I rather see it changed like lowing the incap timer and rising the regression %, or removing the incap effect completely and replacing it with something different like a gift of pain-like effect. I just want the perk to be changed so it's not as painful for soloQ but stays useful. The thing I hate most is a perk being nerfed to the ground(like thana) just bc ppl cry for it to be nerfed.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Wow so this is the trolling we're going to go down? Alright then. As someone who plays survivor and killer, you're logic with Eruption is incredibly flawed. You can't simply just go to another gen because a majority of the time, the gens that are getting erupted are part of a 3 gen that a killer can defend pretty well just by stacking on gen perks with Eruption. Also Eruption lasts for 3 gens so you can manually control a 3 gen pretty easy while having almost 100% uptime with the perk and applying it again for more defense.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,916

How the heck does that solve everything? Whether you leave your gen with progress on it to go find a gen that has zero progress, or you just stand at your progressed gen and wait for the incapacitation to wear off.......either way you've spent 25 seconds doing nothing because you have no choice. All because one of your team mates went down.

In what reality is Eruption a fair perk when it forces that on you.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,249

Either way you're literally spending those 25s by wasting time in whatever creative way you want to waste time?

Eruption is essentially the old Pain Res + DMS combo in one perk. It takes a bit of set up, but you can trigger it on multiple gens at once and it can't be avoided as easily, so it's not so much a drawback as it is an even trade off, for one fewer perk slots.

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117

Good bait

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611

What?, so take away the incapacitated status all together.Why not just put the perk on a longer cool down?

• Anomalist
    Anomalist Member Posts: 39

Man, I keep seeing more and more of a connection between this case of Killers doing one of their objectives and Survivors shutting down builds and Killers with a single perk.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,612

See, if you weren't being a tad of an arse about it, you'd actually have something here.

I just did this against a Nurse. That is to say, I let go of the gen immediately after I heard Nurse's whooshing, expecting an Eruption proc. It eventually proc'd, but I was able to finish the gen because I didn't get hit with the incapacitated effect. I alone was able to finish the gen, which powered the gates, and we got 3 out.

However, where it becomes unreliable is that there are plenty of killers that don't have a tell like this. Hell, only Nurse, Artist, PH, and maybe Hag actually have a tell like that. Only Nurse's is consistent, and that's not even mentioning how short of a tell most of those actually are.

Your "letting go for 2 seconds, then working 2 seconds", is okay in theory, but is also unreliable, because you just don't know when that teammate is going down. You could just as easily be hit in the 2 seconds you are working on it. You just don't know. Moreover, you're doubling the time needed to repair a gen, at which point the perk is granting the killer massive value anyway, despite the gen maybe not even having Eruption on it.

It is, quite simply, overtuned and too much to expect for solo's to handle.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

Quite a few trolls in this thread.... why are we feeding them?

All I'll say is I'm in the minority league where incap should only be applied to killer powers.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Leader? The perk that doesn't increase gen speed at all?

I'm guessing you meant Prove Thyself.

Also medkits are stronger than toolboxes in most games.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

A brown toolbox makes you do 16 charges of Gen 50% faster. Instead of 16sec, its 10.5sec ; Which save 5.5sec on Gen.

A medkit makes teammate do 16 charge on Gen instead of on you being injured ; Which save 16sec on Gen.

Beside, they claim playing Survivors 80% of the match and mistake for Leader...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• proxy_taxfraud

Funny how soft skinned many of you are. I didn't even say anything nasty and you're already at arms.

I really wonder where that comes from..

Anyways, with the 2 second work, 2 second sleep cycle you have already introduced a 50/50 scenario into what would otherwise be a 100% proc for you. That means you are already winning 50% more procs than if you would not do it.

In a tight 3 gen scenario (arguably the only scenario where eruption is effective) you idealy know what perks you can expect from the killer and the survivors, plus get a feel for how your teammates play.

I know that Nea is a crackhead and will juice that killer at every pallet without going down.
    She ran him for 2 minutes without taking a hit. She just took a hit. I can expect her to go down within the next 2 minutes.

Next scenario

Killer just kicked the gen me and this free-to-play-weekend andy Claudette were working on and he is now chasing her.
    I know she will go down in 30 seconds. I try to see where they are running, Idealy I know the place they are running to.
    I know what options a survivor has in that area and how much time her skill (or lack thereof) will get me.

I make an educated guess & have a 50/50 % chance on top of that.

I don't know man. If I can pull this off in most games and you can't then that's literally the definition of a skill issue.

• proxy_taxfraud

Nothing that you would be able to process in a meaningful way, no.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

because the problem is Survivors have nothing to do during the timer and there's no counter to it, you either dont do gens or you're predicting downs like a god. the problem is the incapacitated status effect.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,151

That’s probably because everything that you typed on this forum is either bait or hot garbage.

• proxy_taxfraud
  • BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081

What something else, you cant do anything besides moving around. The perk is problematic and after all the controversy and public discussions from even big content creators i dont see a world where either the perk gets absolutely gutted or they introduce a new perk to counter it

• proxy_taxfraud

Yeah that's what we need. Yet another dead perk that nobody will ever take. Not even for meme builds.

You know what, let's just remove all perks. Play naked. I know you won't because complaining is literally the life juice of every dbd kid stuck in perpetual puberty.

I play without perks and I am doing absolutely fine. I 4k almost every single game I play perkless and addonless.

Also escaping isn't that much of a problem, I just don't play surv as much as killer.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,901

To be fair, you can still unhook which is what should be happening.

We see both happening at this rate. It's gonna be gutted the same time as a counter comes out. It'll be like pentimento and boons again ~

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,445

The problem with eruption, as nearly any other killer perk ATM. Is that against solo queue players, it is far too powerful and effective. Against SWF, it is basically worse than most other regression perks.

The fundamental problem with this game, is that there is a big difference between players like this:

And players who use self care in a corner every single time they get injured.

• proxy_taxfraud
    edited December 2022
    Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    edited December 2022

You're just proving my point.

You can't actually defend Eruption so you have to to attack my post and use offensive language to appeal to the emotions of people reading your post rather than actually having a rational discussion.

Did you even read my post or did you just see the vid preview and immediately post your crude reply?

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,612
    edited December 2022

General respect would go a long way.

• proxy_taxfraud

We are having this discussion since 2017 and by extension we are having this discussion for many more years.

I posted my suggestion and it got dismissed. Fair enough. You will get a perk nerfed that needed no nerfing just like you did with every other perk in the entire game. This will never stop. Every year people cry more and more while playing worse and worse and they don't even realize it. It's funny and sad at the same time but what are you going to do? Shitpost on these forums is certainly a way to pass the time. I'm sure some big ass content creator out there will make it all right just like he did the past 200 times.

On a basket weaving forum filled with notorious whiners and complainers? Yeah I respect the hell out of that.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Eruption didn't exist in 2017 so it certainly isn't the same discussion.

Also with only 43 posts you haven't been doing much discussion at all.

This is your first post in this thread and absolutely every single post you make in this thread is condescending and patronizing to whoever you are replying to. It's like you think we're beneath you. Why should any of us respect your opinion?

Lowering it by 5 seconds wouldn't be a bad start, but still incapacitation is just an awful effect for a perk to have.

If you're talking about your silly 2 seconds on 2 seconds off strategy that's still not good counterplay, still gives the killer way too much Eruption value and is just gambling.

• proxy_taxfraud
    edited December 2022

I mean yes you are right, I am wrong. My idea is stupid because you don't like the tone of that little voice in your head when you read my posts. Maybe removing all perks would be for the best. Maybe only survivors should have perks. Also give survivors guns so they can end the game then and there. Also allow dedicated GGEZ and BAD KILLER macros for quick access to some of that great endgame chat.

Idk man what do I know. I only got about a thousand posts less than you, obviously I am just some pleb.

Maybe I should start a twitch channel.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

Nerfing it would make it useless, apparebtly good gen perks are a no no. Oh, solo q is not a argument, the game was designed for it, it works bad with swfs because they shouldt even exist but devs allow because money. Eruption dont need nerf.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im sorry for the kids who got fruitful discussions with when hostile being your standard.

• proxy_taxfraud

Hey just for your information, this isn't the offtopic board. Please stop derailing the conversation. Thank you.