The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggestion: A ranking system

Telgin
Telgin Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

Hello, i think it would be very good and improves the game if there was a ranking system so you would rank with other survivers and a killer on your level

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

There is one. It's MMR. It's just invisible, for some baffling reason.

• Telgin
    Telgin Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

I asked in the off. discord there they said there is no MMR. There are only counting kills vs. escapes and thats it

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Who is "they"? Devs? Unlikely.

Those are the primary factors to determine MMR to my knowledge. You escape and get +100 MMR for example. Each kill as a killer counts as a victory against that particular survivor and raises their MMR accordingly. When you're in a lobby it attempts to average the MMR versus the killers'. So if you have a killer with 5000 MMR you can get a spread of survivors with 4500 to 3500. As matchmaking times increases the search widens to accommodate a wider spread of MMR.

It's the exact same system other games use, but with less granular criteria for gaining and losing MMR. Say in overwatch 3500sr is silver or whatever. The only difference in this game is that the MMR criteria is incredibly simple and flawed and obfuscated from players.