If a player DCs in your game, you should be protected from rank de-pipping

Options

As we can all agree, DCs are the worse they've been in this game's history.

To protect other players and ease frustrations with the DCs in the short-term, there should be a **safety net of no de-pips if a player DCs in your game**.

Not every player, but many players, care about rank pips. Some of us see it as a goal; others like the bloodpoint bonus at the end of a cycle. In either case, sometimes pips are fought for over many games. One DC early in a game can almost guarantee a pip loss. Anecdotally, I've played so many games out after a de-pip-- have healed many health states, eeked out another few gens, did a few chases. Still, I lose a game because the game simply doesn't last as long and what comes with that.

If we had the "no de-pip" safety net from DCs, I'd be much less frustrated at the current state of DCs while the devs and community figures out a long-term solution.

Comments

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I absolutely agree with you, though it should only apply to early DCs. Time limit, such as first 5 minutes, or progression limit, such as first kill, first gen, first 3 hooks, etc.

Honestly though, I wish they’d just remove depipping altogether.

• willymancer69
    willymancer69 Member Posts: 25
    Options

Totally agree with you on parameters, but didn't know if that was too dev-complex. I think a time limit makes most sense

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited January 2023
    Options

people are dicing because is free right now but normally u wont see them leaving unless is nurse, legion or something like that or extreme tuneling ofc. so if its happening there might be reasons why is happening and maybe BHVR should adress reasons why people are leaving aswell. but i do agree ofc, tehre should be a protection

• willymancer69
    Options

I understand and I hear your frustration, but (to oversimplify) saying "there's a larger root cause, so lets fix the root cause" shuts down the conversation of quality of life, short-term bandaids as they take a few cycles to implement larger solutions

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,718
    Options

De-pipping should be removed entirely. It's a relic from the old rank system where ranks were used for matchmaking. Now it's grades, and grades are just supposed to be an indicator of time played. At no point can the amount of time I've spent playing the game go backwards (otherwise I'd set it back to zero and do something better with all the time I spent playing, maybe get a PhD or something, I dunno).

Participation is required to earn emblems and pip up to get a reward on the 13th of the month. Taking away those pips for bad matches, which can happen for a myriad of reasons, is frustrating as hell. Multiple times in the past I've avoided playing the game for over a week just because I was one pip away from getting to the next grade. And the longer I go without playing the game, the less I want to return to it and the longer I continue to stay away.

• willymancer69
    Options

so well worded; I didn't even think about how it is a relic from old match-making