Can we please lock survivor qeues like we did for killer?

Options
KeiOrtem
KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I just logged onto DBD about an hour ago as I wanted to finish up some of the bone chill challenges and the two matches I've had have been last second swaps. I just wanna play demopuppy without having to deal with getting swapped on last second and being forced to play garden of joy against bnp and a rush build.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I think this is the right approach. You can still switch, but there is a lock after a certain point so there is no last second stuff.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

Prestige: Agreed, should be hidden IMO.

Medkits: I can't possibly imagine why in 2023 DBD a killer wouldn't want to play against a full medkit lobby as an M1 killer. 🙄 This is a symptom of the game's state and isn't a problem in its own right.

Profile: I think it's reasonable not to show Steam profile links until the match is over.

Legacy Nea: I mean, they chose the skin. Maybe don't show off how many hours you have... unless you want people to know how many hours you have?

Anonymous/private: I don't think this is unreasonable given that most cheaters use anonymous mode or have private profiles.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,096
    Options

Same as suiciding/DCing survivor but WITHOUT leaving 4 other player in an unfun match.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

this thread is so mind-boggling.

Last second swaps are fine.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I don´t know why this hasn´t been implemented at the same time as the killers lock. Just make the queue up button the logged button where nothing can be changed afterwards. No one needs to change the loadout for 45 seconds before the match. Pre match lobby has next to no interaction with the other players. So no need to adapt the loadout for the needs of the team.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

Then they should just not let you see the team you are going against, it's the same net effect. If they are going to let killers see the survivors before the match then it should be meaningful information.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Doesn’t bother me. I just match them with a much sweatier play style than planned, and nobody is getting hatch.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 563
    Options

If I’m bringing a purple flashlight with good addons, I want to be able to actually use it. You only get like 1 every 2 prestiges. I wonder how killers would feel if survivors could see their addons before the match starts

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,678
    Options

They can just last second swap using the preset loadouts instead of character switching there's no reason to lock survivor

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

You can still see what people bring? Even if it's last second, you can still play around that.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,312
    Options

The game turns off the matchmaking system when a lobby dodge occurs. Instead of looking for a 'fair' match, it heavily prioritizes finding the next warm body that can fill that slot as fast as possible.

This can lead to insanely imbalanced matches. So sometimes you get a killer who just bought the game who gets put in a 3k hour SWF lobby, and sometimes you get the other way where a solo q group of newer survivors gets matched with a 5k hour nurse.

So a killer lobby dodging can potentially create an unfun match for all 5 players.

If I notice the killer dodge the lobby, I cancel as well and requeue and try to let the rest of the team know to do the same so it just closes the lobby completely. I get far more consistent games that way.