The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

MMR should gone.

C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

And behold Perk Matching Rating.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,452

I know it's very unlikely something like this would be implemented properly, but it would be so nice

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Counter Trade offer:

SWF gets matched with high priority against Blight and Nurse.

Solo queue players get all the other killers.

Blight and Nurse play only large maps. All the other killers play maps no larger than 9500m².

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

a game mode with no perks and only m1 killer would be nice. no gens, just survive as long as you can

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

It'd be nice if there were different game modes based on different matchmaking choices. SBMM, Perk based, Emblem based... Let the players choose the mode they feel has the most fun match making.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I suggested something like this way back when - making it work like LoL or HOTS.

Basically - play in an SWF, you get an inflated MMR, proportional to the size of the group, via a multiplier (say 1.2x MMR for both of you playing in a duo, up to 1.7x in a 4man). The devs responded and basically said that they'd tested something similar and it wasn't working right.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Because 85% of swfs (just a guess) aren't really sweating. I guess it's better for those swfs who aren't sweating to go against a nurse main or me than a 4 man solo even if those solos are good players.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

The problem with this is it implies SWF means good. My friends are terrible at this game. So if we wanna play we have to all face Blights? That is hardly fair.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

Same here me and my friends are average at best.

Perks, Items, addons, killer power strength, all of these things should modify MMR.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Define 'sweating?'

Here's the thing. I see a lot of SWFs, especially if I play a late night session. There are generally 4 types.

• Standard group. All running varied, generally strong perks. They want to win. Basically solo queue but they can coordinate and call you out.
    • Bully squad. They have a plan to make your life hell. Not necessarily trying to win, more to try and make killers DC. Often uses map specific exploits, like that spot on Ormond where you cannot pick anyone up.
    • Meme squad. Somewhere between standard group and bully squad. They can be a bit obnoxious - all the saves, bodyblocks, sabos, head-ons, etc.
    • Sweat squad. Come in with a plan to basically speedrun the game. The best items, perks, sometimes a map offering and unless you're running the most stacked Blight you can imagine, there's nothing you can do.

The problem is that you don't know which it'll be going in - so you'll prepare for the sweat squad. If it's not one then meh, flatten them.

If it is, then at least you have a chance.

And this is the mindset of that sweaty Nurse you just got slug 4k'd by.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Usually when people mention SWF I say this :

Add the rule that no perk offering character or item can be repeated.

Lock everything but costume choices in queue.

Now 2 man SWFs have almost no penalty and big groups get a moderate penalty. That would be fair.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I really feel like this should have an MMR cap.

As I said, my friends are AWFUL. Like, last less than 12 seconds in chase, terrible.

• Emankcin
    Emankcin Member Posts: 19

You know it's impossible lol.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I guess sweat squad would be what I am talking about.

My Blight build is always lethal, shadowborne, bbq and pain res. Well actually sometimes pain res gets switched out for something random. Generally though, with that build I will destroy most sweat squads if I am not rusty. Believe it or not, on top of most players not being good at this game players also really don't know how to play vs blight well. Blight has the most varied counterplay in the game, not to say he has counterplay more often than someone like bubba. It's just you have to go out of your way to learn it and then apply it in game, 99.5% of players won't do that in dbd. I play at 12AM-4AM because that's where I have found the best survivors consistently. Half the time though, they aren't actually that much better, just running better stuff. If I was actually preparing every game for sweat squads then I wouldn't be running shadowborne and I would be running alch ring/c33/iri tag every game. I've actually gone out of my way to break my addiction to green speed recently, running double slam duration and vigos. Although I did get 4 man outed on rotten fields recently, that's probably because a bad rng rotten fields is the hardest map for blight though. There are definitely some very efficient teams every once in a great while that I would need some better add-ons to deal with.

Although I love getting bully squads, because I know when they start killing themselves on hook it's because they are not good enough to go against my blight and simply wanted that scratched mirror myers on coldwind.

This was pre 6.1.0. that's why I was running dms as well. I was super done with survivors at the time. But that is most definitely what a bully squad looks like. It was kinda sad because the Dwight was the best survivor I had seen in months at the time.

There's only 2 things that make me alt+f4 after a game. Someone DC's or kills themselves and flattening survivors that are bad, it's just boring for me. Even though Alch ring is the most fun I can have in this game, I stopped running it because survivors won't deal with it after 6.1.0. for the most part.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389