Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - No longer able to blind killers during the break pallet animation.

AmpersandUnderscore
AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,678
edited January 2023 in Bug Reporting

As of 6.5 today, it appears to be impossible to blind the killer while they are breaking a pallet. I didn't see this in any patch notes as an intentional change.

This can be reproduced:

1. Have the killer ready to break pallet.

2. Shine flashlight on the killer at any point during the animation. For testing, I used most of the beam for the entire animation.

3. Killer can see the beam, but doesn't get the screen covering effect and can look away.

Additional info: had this happen to me as killer and thought it was strange, since I wasn't running lightborn. Did some testing as survivor and in custom games and it appears to not be possible to blind during this animation currently.

Post edited by AmpersandUnderscore on
11 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

I had a game earlier with survivors blinding me at every pallet break on Eyrie

• AmpersandUnderscore

Could be inconsistent. I definitely had it happen to me as killer, and twice in live games as survivor before I went to go test it. Also been watching streams today where it's happening to other people regularly.

• satanovsyn
    satanovsyn Member Posts: 37

Same here. Few of my friends dont have problem, but few of them sometimes and I have this problem often.

You can see it here:

What I did:

1. Updated game - bug appear
    2. Unistalled game, Deleted all folders include %appdata%/local/Dead by Daylight
    3. Installed fresh DBD
    4. Bug is not solved.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,996

Hello, thank you for reporting this in - can you give more information on what killers couldn't be blinded, thank you!

• AmpersandUnderscore

Sure thing, the two I remember for sure were trapper and wraith.

I was playing as trapper and had someone shine the flashlight for the entire break animation. I got the 'halo' at the edge of the screen, but never the fully obscured, 'blinded' screen. I was able to look away after the break and still see. I didn't have lightborn or any perks that speed up pallet breaks like fire up or brutal strength.

When I tried against a wraith later, I did much the same thing as the survivor. Waited until the break animation started and then used the light on their face. I heard the audio cue that the flashlight was aimed correctly, but it didn't progress to the 'flared beam' of the full blind. I just assumed he had lightborn and went for burning him instead later (which did work). But he wasn't running lightborn at all in the end game lobby screen. No other weirdness that game, so I doubt it was someone cheating just to give themselves lightborn there.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

I got blinded as Wraith, but had one game as Legion where at least one blind-attempt seemed broken like OP describes.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,205

I was playing as Sadako. Some blinds at the pallet worked, some didn't.

• jessiejanemuerto
    jessiejanemuerto Member Posts: 12

Happening super frequently against legions.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

I have seen this while playing as Nemesis as well as against several killers. I don't think it is killer specific. It seems like if you can't start the blind partial into the break any longer.

• NightingaleFlow
    NightingaleFlow Member Posts: 8

Noticed this on the killer side when I was playing Myers. One of the survivors kept trying to blind me at pallets but it never worked.