Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Bring back the old wiggle system?

TheColdBeauty
TheColdBeauty Member Posts: 73
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I always played (since 2016) with the old wiggle system and now the game is forcing me to play with the beta wiggle system? I'm not oke with this since I played like this since the beginning and I can't handle those changes :(

Post edited by EQWashu on

Answers

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

They know that, they just want the option to have the old system

And to answer their question, its most likely never coming back

• RStrife
    RStrife Member Posts: 3

Yea I didn't use that 'new wiggle system' either because it took too much of my awareness away from my surrounding, and put it on the stupid skill check. They should have left it an option instead of forcing it on us. I can't enjoy this game now. But, I am only a whisper in the wind, so why should bhvr care about people like us.

• TheColdBeauty

Yep this is what I thought as well, they should have make it an option on how people want it. This new wiggle system is bad af IMO...

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I've just stopped wiggling altogether. I hate the new system, never used it in beta and don't care to use it now.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

The number of people sad at losing keymashing is bizarre.

• Aphy
    Aphy Member Posts: 4

The new wiggle system being the only wiggle option is an extremely bad decision. My keyboard does NOT allow me to spam hit my space-bar so much so quickly. It cancels out completely after 2 quick hits causing the wiggle system to be completely useless to me and any perks pertaining to wiggle also completely useless making those precious BP spent on them a waste. Other than freeing up memory in the OS having just one option is pointless. Whats next.. take away the sprint option?? 🤬

• TheColdBeauty

Same, F8ck the new system. It sucks and they should have left it in the beta, in the patch notes it said that killers would have a "more difficult time by walking in a straight line" but I don't find that true cause I see killers walk more in a straight line then ever so I guess they only tell us crap...

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

If you can't press your space bar like once every second, you really need a new keyboard.

I'm not being facetious, that's absolutely terrible for typing on, which is kind of the primary purpose of a keyboard.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319

The idea that people ‘preferred’ this skill check wiggle system is beyond belief. I think a lot of people tried the beta and just left it there figuring we’d be switching. Then BHVR says “hey everyone used it so they must prefer it”. I think if they actually took a vote now: ‘New or Old’, Old would win.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258
    edited January 2023

If I could have my preference, then beta skillchecks first (because 1s for sabo person is something), then old and the very worst one is our current forced. Wiggling throwing does not matter to even average killer (you can easily catch rhythm and cancel it out completely). Not getting to look at the background does matter.

I get worst possible option I could have. I quite frankly hate current wiggle system

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I hated the old wiggle system. Idk what it's like for the PC master race but on console (xbox at least) the old wiggle system requires you to wiggle and spin the thumbstick constantly.

I'm much happier doing a qte with my bumper button that giving myself ######### carpal tunnel or an RSI but trying to flap my thumb on the stick.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323

From the wiki:

For years, the Community complained about this system, especially Players who suffered from repetitive stress syndrome, which eventually prompted the Developers to rework it into the new Skill-Check-based system.

And if you need more reasons, having two separate system for doing the same (A+D button smashing for PC and stick rotation for consoles) means more work and considerations the moment they wanted to do something to the wiggle. Having the same system for all platforms would also help in that regard.

Now, real question: Why would someone prefer the old, button smashing system instead of a simple, easier to do one? Because the only reason I can think of is the old one allows you to use macros / script to automatically do the wiggle for you. And by the way, this is another good point in favor of the new system.