Blight and Nurse

Options
13»

Comments

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I do agree with this. Nurse is always going to be Nurse. She has a fundamental design flaw because she was released back in 2016 when there was legitimate infinite in the game so the answer to countering infinities was “just playing Nurse.”

Nurse is never going to get a true rework because there’s no monetary value off of reworking her when they can spend funds on making another killer. So might as well just except her for what she is.

Blight on the other hand, I really personally despise facing, but he doesn’t really have any glaring issues besides all the ”techs” that people find with him which most of them have been removed, except for hug teching which the devs have already said, isn’t intended.

Nerf his add-ons, and put him line with Nurse and Spirit, where he has about two or three good add-ons, and all the rest are niche or gimmicky because he’s already strong enough. He doesn’t need extremely strong add-ons.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

There hasn't the Monsters still are weak and get steamrolled easily by the Teens who can easily hit them with the weapons "stun locking" them. The worst part of the game is all the ambient sounds in that game you can't hope to track the Teens with it....played 3 games and uninstalled when the Monsters hit box can hit objects and make them rattle like a Teen getting into a locker or something similar.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Fixing his techs would also require the devs to fix the maps though. I mean, I've only been messing around for two days (and doing predictably terribly), and even I'm blatantly aware of how jank the collision on some seemingly normal surfaces are. So, that sort of thing is just going to always remain some sort of mess.

I don't think another set of add-ons like Spirit's would be good, to be fair. You can kind of make some of the gimmicky ones work, but if you're not going to be running any of the strongest ones, it just defaults to basically... well, yellows all the time. Kind of like Knight. And that's really boring. I'm not sure I've ever felt once inclined to run the 'return to husk' addon. At least Furin can do funny stealth stuff.

Plus, a lot of Blight's addons already are kind of gimmicky or strange in a way. It's just, what, blight tag, alchemist's ring, and adrenaline vial being stacked? Stacking speed boost and turn speed are neat and strong, but they're not all-out-of-proportion strong.

• MegMain98
    edited January 2023
    Options

They gave Nurse the Spirit treatment and gave her gimmicky add-ons and they’re both just fine because they’re strong killers. Blight’s add-ons are just too oppressive. I actually don’t even think nurse has any oppressive add-ons anymore.

I would personally completely rework Alchemist Ring, keep one of either Blighted Crow or Rat and remove the other one, and then either keep C33 or Adrenaline Vial and rework the other one. Blighted Tag I haven’t seen many Blight’s use but some people say it is oppressive.

Like I said, having two or three good add-ons is fine but he just has too many in comparison to the other top killers who both have a lot of niche or gimmick add-ons.

But yeah, with Spirit, I typically only run both movement speed and duration, yellow add-ons. I only run Uchiwa if I have Hubris and that’s about it. I don’t like running MDR and amulet because I feel mean when I do 😭

Oh I forgot, I do like the Katana add-on

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Did I say that? I play survivor just as much as I play killer. Even after 1200 hours of blight, I have no mastered him. His skill ceiling is THAT high. Your cannot compare majority of blight to somebody who has put as many hours as I have into him. Yea, I can compete against some teams with only shadowborn, because I’ve grinded his basekit for soooo long.

• RainehDaze
    Options

I completely forgot the DCB is supposed to give a visual indicator, I use that combo so rarely. Kind of useless except for detecting crouched survivors now, it's sad. xD

• MegMain98
    Options

That is a bug right? I rarely use that add-on because it’s messes me up sometimes but I know it doesn’t give a visual indicator now but I’m assuming it’s a bug and not a shadow nerf.

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 109
    Options

I feel like OP is completely missing the point of why they lost. If a teammate quit at the start of the match, then of course you're going to lose. It doesnt matter what killer you vs, 3v1 with more than 2 gens to complete is a stretch for most players. Demanding that blight be nerfed because your teammate didnt want to play the game is the absolute wrong conclusion. As far as him being "OPAF", that is an exaggeration. OPAF is something like launch legion or forever freddy. Blight is one of the few killers that force survivors to play around their power and is a good thing! In an ideal world, all killers would be able to do this. Survivors SHOULD be wary of taking chases with killer, because they are not meant to be able to 1v1 the killer. Don't get me wrong, Alch ring, c33 and adrenaline vial to a lesser extent need tune ups, but nerfing his basekit? Now that's insanity!

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

sometimes i "cheat " using aura reading key for mindgames and the occasional windowtech

• RainehDaze
    Options

Probably a bug; there's no reason the add-on would give Killer Instinct and you wouldn't be able to see it.

I presume they were trying to stop Spirit from interacting with some other Killer Instinct notifier, but I don't know what.

• HugTechLover
    Options
  • Thralfazuz
    Thralfazuz Member Posts: 165
    Options

I could say the same ######### about survivors and their meta builds,you have to sweat because you are training for the day it becomes an Esport, you playin like you have a 50 win streak to mantain, so you can't lose the moment you own it, you better never let it go, you only get one shot.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,090
    Options

Why can't you take this advice and apply it to yourself?

If you learned how to properly loop killers, how each killers abilities work and what to do in order to counter them, you wouldn't have to make a thread whining about how strong killers are and just get good?

Survivors like you are no different from killers who think all they face are swf death squads. You always think it's the killer that is OP and it couldn't possibly be you or your teammates lack of skill.

If any killer slugged everyone at 5 gens, then the problem isn't the killer, it's the survivors who massively failed.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

I wouldn't bother...we could spell out in detail all the ways to counter blight/nurse and they would still argue the facts. I am suspect of a lot of these "new"/low post accounts of being alts of folks that have been banned or don't want to get banned

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319
    Options

Yeah you guys can continue without me. I’ve made my position clear. I can’t respond to everyone that twists my words. It’s too much… Bye.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,090
    Options

Honestly, when someone has a complaint that something is OP for either side or something is too EZ, we should require video evidence from the complainer before we have a discussion. But you know the moment we ask for it, they run away like OP did just now (post after yours).

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,143
    Options

Which is precisely my point. I'm tired of people complaining about "top tier killers" and how they are "so OP" when if you look at the data, they don't perform any better than the average killer.

Now, i know we all know that data is BS because it doesn't show the truth. So then, let's flip it upside down. Think about what the data is not showing against top tier survivors as well.

• HugTechLover
    Options

Agreed. And it’s not fair to call a killer op because of a tiny population of gamers that put a substantial amount of time to become particularly deadly with that killer.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262
    Options

I guess I am going to start playing Blight then. Must be pretty awesome if you can make 4 day lasting temper tantrums.

• HugTechLover
    Options

You have no idea Lmaoo. I get soooo much hate in post game chat, my stream chat, and twitch dms, simply for being a good blight.

No slowdown, no camping, no tunneling. And they still come hate on me. It’s hilarious.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262
    Options

I have never played Blight, can you give me some pointers on perks to take, addons to be on the lookout for, general tips? :D

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Base Blight is fine. A lot of his add ons are busted in the hands of a halfway decent player though. Far from uncounterable unless they have easy mode turned on with some of their add ons.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Some Killers do better with Aura Reading and others do better with Gen slowdown

Some players feel better with Aura Reading and others do better with Gen slowdown

Some Maps do better with Aura Reading and others do better with Gen slowdown

Blight, Huntress and Nurse do better with Aura Reading

Pig, Legion and Trapper do better with Gen slowdown

I mean it's something that doesn't need to be changed but we as players need to understand the Killers we play and the playstyles that are most effective